10 Final fantasy VII v 106 Chrono trigger

?

• FFVII

• Chrono trigger

Results are only viewable after voting.
Final Fantasy 7 all the way.

One of the greatest stories told in RPG format that has spawned movies, cartoons, sequels and off shoot stories starring some of it's main characters such as Vincent Valentine. An intensely intuitive character development system utilizing materia that has countless combinations that can turn your characters into killing machines.

I loved Chrono Trigger, but FFVII was, IMO, the best of a series that has produced the best in the world of RPGs.

Vote has to go to Final Fantasy VII here. I love Chrono Trigger, and I'm sure Ty will tell you all about what a great game it is better than I ever could, but it doesn't compare to FF VII. They're both similar games from the Square family, and while Chrono is an amazing game from start to finish that I'm proud to have completed, Final Fantasy VII unfortunately trumps it in just about every way.

FF VII isn't just a game; it's a work of art. It gets my vote, and it should probably get yours as well.

Vote has to go to Final Fantasy VII here. I love Chrono Trigger, and I'm sure Ty will tell you all about what a great game it is better than I ever could, but it doesn't compare to FF VII. They're both similar games from the Square family, and while Chrono is an amazing game from start to finish that I'm proud to have completed, Final Fantasy VII unfortunately trumps it in just about every way.

FF VII isn't just a game; it's a work of art. It gets my vote, and it should probably get yours as well.

Yeah if it were any other game, I'd vote Chrono Trigger here, but because it is going against my all time favorite game in FF7, it doesn't stand a chance, and it really hurts that I have to vote one of my other all time favorites out. Both had outstanding gameplay, great stories, everything about both were great. I would say Chrono Trigger should be considered the greatest RPG of the SNES era, while FF7 is clearly the greatest RPG of all time. FF7 and Chrono Trigger both had great elements to each, but FF7 did all of them just a tad bit better than Chrono Trigger. Hell just because of this tournament I went ahead and downloaded FF7 to my PSP, and I can't stop fucking playing it. That's how much replay value FF7 has, even though I've beaten the game twice on my original Playstation, I'm going through it all over again.

So with very much respect to Chrono Trigger, and it pains me to vote against it, FF7 takes this.

Fuck FFVII. Fuck the whole series.

I played through the first Final Fantasy of the whole series, just to say that I have. It was fun, I'll admit it. My buddy is a die hard fanboy and has played through almost every FF game to date (he hasn't touched the MMO). I've come over numerous times and watched him play a few of them, and it makes me jubilant that I stopped at the first. While the gameplay may be good, it would be extremely hard for me to get into a game with that style. The nonsensical cinematics and the seemingly all-girl cast are just two things that have kept me from trying it. Needless to say I have a distaste for it.

Chrono Trigger on the other hand, is what I think is the pinnacle of JRPG's, past and present. A great and lengthy game that was past its years. Chrono Trigger gets my vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back