• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rookies...

Yeah, I know I did.

I have no problem with your list. Just raising the point that she only has 20 posts but you have put her ahead of people like Tiger Driver, who has more and has been around longer. I was just wondering why she got the special mention, is all.

If Doc's going by what he considers post quality, I've got no problem being left off his list, to each his own.

But :D thanks for continuing to like me despite my failure at posting Dave.

If Doc's going by what he considers post quality, I've got no problem being left off his list, to each his own.

But :D thanks for continuing to like me despite my failure at posting Dave.

Yea. I dont post too much in the Wrestling sections and when I do its not that good. If its post quality that matter, I dont even make season 2.

I still dont really know why I was included on the first list, but thanks anyway :)

I'm not going to post a shit ton of mediocre posts a day though like a lot of people do. If the topic doesn't interest me and I have nothing to say about it that doesn't echo every other single persons feelings on it I won't post there. Some people can make good posts like that but I'm not one of them. The more repetitive posts I make like that the more they will gradually start sucking.

Exactly Doc. I feel like the more I spread my posts around and really put time and thought into them the more people will stop and read them everytime. If I have a generic one paragraph post for every thread no matter how bad than I just blend in.

That's true Armbar, definitely should aspire to post your best, I generally tend to be rather interested in any topic that pops up or have an opinion on any of it, so I post in it.

And I'm thankful you decided to say TM and not Ferbz Doc, cause I guess you could say I have my share of below average / mediocre posts among the masses, and the fact that my post-count has drastically raised over the fact that I've been posting here for about 6 months.

I'm not going to post a shit ton of mediocre posts a day though like a lot of people do. If the topic doesn't interest me and I have nothing to say about it that doesn't echo every other single persons feelings on it I won't post there. Some people can make good posts like that but I'm not one of them. The more repetitive posts I make like that the more they will gradually start sucking.

I feel the same way. I guess thats why I'm so picky with my posting. If I see something interesting, I'll take my time, craft my answer, and make a decent post. Nothing great, but I'm still learning. If there already a shitload of posts in one thread, I wont even venture in there because I dont wanna say whats already been said and I dont feel like reading all the previous posts. Hence, not too much wrestling for me.

TM is the poster boy for post count bragging despite most of the posts in question being shit.

I know, he bragged to me some time ago about his post-count per day finally having raised to 2.5, he got a bit annoyed when I told him I had a 3.0..

It's been a bitch lately to do anykind of creative thinking with all the personal shit I have going on, but within the next 24 hours I'm going to venture out into the other sections and go into n00b destroyer mode.

I rarely post in threads with more then 10 post to avoid echoing what everyone else has already said. Only time I do is when I know I'm affirming something that isn't a popular.

From what I hear, you're not entirely innocent of post-count bragging yourself, El Ferbo. ;)

People just need to remember that the little number doesn't matter. Someone can have thousands of terrible posts, but if I see someone (trendkiller, Mel, DirtyJose) with a lower post count but I know I can expect quality every time they post, I will always stop to read theirs instead of someone who has a lot of mediocre ones.

From what I hear, you're not entirely innocent of post-count bragging yourself, El Ferbo. ;)

I know, I'm not discarding that fact that I have a slight self honor in accomplishing a specific post count, or a specific rep power, call me a post-count or rep count ****e, but that's just me, I take pride in being active and getting rewarded for a good post.

People just need to remember that the little number doesn't matter. Someone can have thousands of terrible posts, but if I see someone (trendkiller, Mel, DirtyJose) with a lower post count but I know I can expect quality every time they post, I will always stop to read theirs instead of someone who has a lot of mediocre ones.

This is exactly what should matter, not whether someone is well known or not, but whether you enjoy reading their post.

But then whats an enjoyable post? Something intriguing?

That could make a good thread.

I personally would say a good post to me is something of decent length, that either leaves you thinking, gets your mind working.

Or a post that leaves you casually nodding along with every statement because you completely agree, Xfear posts a lot of those where I sit nodding along.

And then of course there's the "good posts" in a spam manner which leaves you laughing, Charlie Pace does that great for me, I end up repping him daily or weekly because of some spam post.

But it's all a variation of what makes an enjoyable post, for that sake people could enjoy not having to read a Will sized word fort, no matter how great the points may come across for someone else, you cannot expect everybody to enjoy the same post.

Imagine if everyone enjoyed your specific post, the praise it would get, and seeing as I have yet to see that happen on this forum, I therefore assume that nobody has the same taste, and knowing what exactly makes a great post, will be an eternal dispute of opinions.

For me, it goes down to tone and style. If someone can capture my interest through style or tone then I like them.

For example, I never read Game Rage's posts. It wasn't the length. It was the style. It was boring, and never caught my attention. Too many !!!!!!'s and ???????'s and anger. They were also stuffed full of fluff. Salv, however, had a very methodical and precise style that I really enjoyed. hatehabsforever has the same style, and I really enjoy reading his posts as well.

Grammar isn't always important. However, you have to be able to read their posts. NorCal is a good example. His posts are just fun to read, because of the tone he takes. Very real.

Tasty is the perfect example of how to make a short post that perfectly sums up everything in the thread.

Mel adds in the "TL;DR" summary at the end of her posts which is nice when you don't feel like reading :)p) and is unique to her alone.

"Melty Man" caught my attention because of his very forceful nature. He sort of commanded attention, and each line of his posts were there for a reason. Or at least, his wrestling posts were. His dramatic posts I mostly skimmed.

I think that a good post is one that makes a strong point or a good case or something. That could be the sports section mindset though, as much of the threads we have in there require you to take one side and make a case for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back