• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rookies...

A good post for me has to have a few things:

1. Adequate grammar: I don't need it to look as though it was proofread by Salv and edited a thousand times to be perfect. There does have to be a sufficient amount of punctuation though, paragraph spacing, and a basic grasp of spelling for me to even consider reading it.

2. Reasoning and Evidence: While reading the post, I as long as I can follow the logic that they are using, and they back it up with history or factual information that pertains to the subject, I don't care what they're posting. By this, I mean I don't have to agree with what they're typing, but I can understand how they could come to this conclusion.

3. Not Superfluous or Repetitive: There's a reason a lot of people don't enjoy reading Game Rages post. He would stack it full with unneeded details and repeat himself instead of just expanding on the topic, giving his evidence, tying it together, and leaving it at at that. This is one of my biggest annoyances, people typing exactly what they typed in the last sentence, just in different words. It just makes reading the post more tiresome then it should be.

That's pretty much all I need to consider it a good post. A good poster is someone who does it on the semi-consistent basis.

Exactly, TS. Totally agree. As long as they have all of that and I enjoy the style, that is what makes a good post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back