• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ron Simmons AKA Farooq AKA Liar

Sorry y'all but your argument to throw The Rock into this argument is laughable. I am African-American but my great great grandfather was white, does that make me half black and white? Lol

No, but you do have some white in you. The Rock's father was black and his mother was Samoan. Which makes him exactly half black and half Samoan. What's so hard to understand about that?

I am saying there has never been a whole African-American champion. Booker T, Mark Henry and Ron Simmons are only ones. The Rock is bi-racial.

I am saying there has never been a whole African-American champion. Booker T, Mark Henry and Ron Simmons are only ones. The Rock is bi-racial.

The way you worded the quote he responded to was horribly misleading.

You were comparing a relative 3 generations back who was white and asked does that make you half white too. That's a ridiculous statement and not comparable to someone whose parents are each of a different race.

Of course if your great great grandfather was white that wouldn't make you half white. He wasn't your father.

Nobody is arguing that The Rock is bi racial.

People are arguing that because the WWE focused more on his Samoan heritage he doesn't count as being black. How can you not see how stupid that is?

So if during his career if they had focused on his black heritage and people were arguing that the WWE is racist against Samoans would you say that he doesn't count as a Samoan because the WWE didn't focus on that part of his heritage?

You were comparing a relative 3 generations back who was white and asked does that make you half white too. That's a ridiculous statement and not comparable to someone whose parents are each of a different race.

Yeah it's called sarcasm.

Of course if your great great grandfather was white that wouldn't make you half white. He wasn't your father.

No kidding, you don't think?

So if during his career if they had focused on his black heritage and people were arguing that the WWE is racist against Samoans would you say that he doesn't count as a Samoan because the WWE didn't focus on that part of his heritage?

No I wouldn't. He's bi-racial - Obama by society's standards is considered first black President. Wrong, he's bi-racial. Next time you fill out a job application and it gives you the option to provide your race, notice it has an option on there for bi-racial.

Yeah it's called sarcasm.

No kidding, you don't think?

No I wouldn't. He's bi-racial - Obama by society's standards is considered first black President. Wrong, he's bi-racial. Next time you fill out a job application and it gives you the option to provide your race, notice it has an option on there for bi-racial.

Well it clearly came off horribly.

People can't discredit one half of someone's heritage to serve their agenda.
The argument in this thread for The Rock isn't that he's bi racial. It's that since the WWE doesn't talk about his black half it doesn't count. That's an incredibly stupid argument.

And most applications I've ever seen don't say "Bi racial". They say "other".

My argument is he's bi-racial which isn't an opinion but a fact. There have only been 3 whole African-American champions. 2/3 which held second tier belts, but needless to say they were champs. Again, those are facts.

Ron Simmons was WCW Heavyweight champion, which was still a separate entity when he won. I know many historians argue had Sting hadn't got hurt, Simmons wouldn't have won. Perhaps not at that time, but I do feel he would've.

Discrediting is not acknowledging he's simply first half black/Samoan WWE Champion instead of playing pick and choose which race to bill his championship reign under to simply justify your argument.

Once more, only been 2 African-American heavyweight champions in WWE. Booker T and Mark Henry.

My argument has never been focused on WWE acknowledging his Samoan heritage more as a way to writeoff he isn't black. I used that as an example of WWE pushing Samoan born wrestlers.

Ron Simmons was WCW Heavyweight champion, which was still a separate entity when he won. I know many historians argue had Sting hadn't got hurt, Simmons wouldn't have won. Perhaps not at that time, but I do feel he would've.

There's a lot of people who claim Ron Simmons was only world champion because of the same allegations against Vince/WWE right now. WCW was facing major charges of racism. Therefor putting the title on Ron could lead them to say they aren't racist.

Discrediting is not acknowledging he's simply first half black/Samoan WWE Champion instead of playing pick and choose which race to bill his championship reign under to simply justify your argument.

This is what I'm saying. People are so quick to write off his African American heritage and only acknowledge and identify him as a Samoan champ. I'm saying you can't do one without the other. I think we agree on this.

Once more, only been 2 African-American heavyweight champions in WWE. Booker T and Mark Henry.

3 Counting Bobby Lashley as the ECW champion. I know that it's seen as a lesser title but it's still considered a heavyweight title. Plus he was getting a good push until he quit the company.

My argument has never been focused on WWE acknowledging his Samoan heritage more as a way to writeoff he isn't black. I used that as an example of WWE pushing Samoan born wrestlers.

I didn't mean to imply you were saying that. I'm just saying that's the theme through a lot of the thread and every time this issue comes up that is the argument that people use against including The Rock.

Nation of Domination was my favorite Somoan faction.

And I thought racists hated race mixing more than full blooded black people? I guess I'm really uneducated on this topic, I am going to start hanging out with more racists.

The Rock may credit both heritages, but we all know that WWE never mentions The Rock's African-American heritage unless it involved Nation of Domination or his own father. Any other time, he's Samoan and Grand-Son of High Chief Peter Maivia. But that's not a knock on WWE, it's just how it turns out to be.

But even counting them, those are 3 out of 44 champions that have held the title; with only 3 of that 44 being Hispanic. That's a total of 38 Champions who were all white, and most of that isn't WWE's fault either. You have to remember that during the WWE's beginnings, wrestling was still a White Man's thing as were a lot of other sports. So it wasn't like they had a lot of black people to hand the title off to, and if they did then the racists crowds back then probably wouldn't care for it.

That said, I can see maybe two other African Americans from the 90s that would've been credible WWE champions. King Mable and Farooq.

Plus, let's keep in mind that Farooq was offered a push on Smackdown years ago, but turned it down because A] He was about to retire and wanted a relaxed schedule and B] He wanted JBL to get the chance. Also, Kofi Kingston in my opinion is never too damaged to build up for the title. And neither is Big E.

Edit and stop counting the ECW title...

Edit and stop counting the ECW title...

The ECW Championship (in WWE) was a legitimately recognized World Championship, whether you like it or not. Unlike the original ECW Championship, which was an independent regional title. Mark Henry and Bobby Lashley became World Champions when they won that title.

I would wager to say that the only type of people that Vince or WWE in general actually discriminate against are guys under 6 feet tall. It's kind of hard being that height and making Vince like you.

But seriously, don't you guys think that maybe, just maybe some guys with credibility would have said something by now? There would be lawsuits by the dozens. WWE is a business. If a guy will make WWE money, they will be pushed. End of story.

Let's just forget how big a star Vince would have made Lashley had he not gotten that huge injury.

The ECW Championship (in WWE) was a legitimately recognized World Championship, whether you like it or not. Unlike the original ECW Championship, which was an independent regional title. Mark Henry and Bobby Lashley became World Champions when they won that title.

Not a single one of ECW's champions follow lineage with the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, which combines both WWE and World title lineages. And even if you DO count it, that's only four.

Not a single one of ECW's champions follow lineage with the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, which combines both WWE and World title lineages. And even if you DO count it, that's only four.

When they unified the titles last December they retired the Wold title. People still carry it out but if you look at WWE's website they no longer keep track of the big gold belt.

The WWE World Heavyweight championship only contains the original WWF/WWE title.

The lineages are separate.

And including the ECW title technically there were 5 African American champs because Ezekial Jackson held it too. That would be a big big stretch though because it was retired the day he won. It's still in the books as him winning the title though.

Is this really a 62 post thread? So what that the ECW title isn't included in the WWE World Heavyweight championship history. It isn't one of the two individual belts. While I agree that it wasn't a main event belt in itself, it had to be considered one being as the Smackdown title is also considered a main title and they were all 3 being used at the same time.

Now can we think seriously here, most of us agree that some african american superstar would have gotten the title had it not been for injury or not getting over...or leaving the company...or passing it onto somebody else...or whatever. I don't think Vince is racist, it just happens that the African American superstars don't get the right hand in WWE. Ziggler got injured, ruined his run...does that mean Vince is racist against people like Ziggler? No! Just crap luck for Ziggler. Mr Kennedy was gonna be a main eventer, but he left (didn't he also get suspended?) so he never was world champion, so is Vince racist against guys who annoyingly yell their name? No!

If anything WWE has these obvious one face time periods; Hogan, Stone Cold, HHH, Cena...this is the problem here, not everyone can be champion if Cena is champion for the equivalent of 4 years in just 10 years.

Plus if you ignore the world heavyweight title like people keep suggesting or if you ignore the Rock because he's half samoan too, you're turning this argument trying to prove a point! Which is lazy arguing...

Here let me end this with an epic thought...Vince is racist against midgets!!! Think about it no midget has won the world title -.-

I made an account just because of this "racism buzz" going on about the WWE.

Here are some videos that speak for themselves.

The first one is Randy Orton saying that MARK HENRY, M.V.P. , and Kofi Kingston belong in THE HOOD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJmj9zmtwUU

Next video is tripple H speaking with Booker T, making fun of his "nappy hair" and many other things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4RebbQqQz4

And the final video is Golddust who painted his face black.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sTBzhhuDgw

All three of these videos are reall footage of what has occured in a WWE ring with Live audiences.
Whoever wrote these scripts MAYBE paid all those wrestlers BIG MONEY TO play those roles.

The first one is Randy Orton saying that MARK HENRY, M.V.P. , and Kofi Kingston belong in THE HOOD.

Next video is tripple H speaking with Booker T, making fun of his "nappy hair" and many other things.

All three of these videos are reall footage of what has occured in a WWE ring with Live audiences.
Whoever wrote these scripts MAYBE paid all those wrestlers BIG MONEY TO play those roles.

The Triple H part was done in a thrown together feud for Mania. They needed it to be a main event and have heat in a short time frame. So they resorted to HHH saying racist stuff in hopes that would get huge heat quickly. Probably not the best idea but I think this was around the time the WWE's ratings were falling and WWE thought putting shocking offensive stuff would somehow draw people back (Katie Vick is a good example).

First of all, it's Goldust. Not Golddust. Second yeah Goldust didn't get killed in that match or anything. Plus Goldust was a very edgy character. The point of him was to do things like that.

Yes and Orton also said Eddie belonged in hell (while I'm not religious, I assume that offended people). Orton's character was to be an ass.

I'm not sure what these videos prove. Racism? No. Stupidity? Yes.

The first one has to be taken with the context. He was talking about how they felt like they belong in the WWE and Orton was saying they're criminals so they belong in the hood. You know where historically large amounts of criminal action takes place. He brought up MVP going to jail, he talked about Kofi vandalizing the stock car and and in a really big stretch to lump Mark Henry in there he said he "stole" a win.

The second one. The only thing that can be said as being racist is the nappy hair thing. The whole rest of the promo was basically calling Booker T a joke. Saying he's not a wrestler. He's an entertainer. That's all he's good for. Because the person who made the video stopped it at points and put some words on the screen with a biased opinion you feed into it? Because there's no chance that when Hunter said "people like you" he was referring again to Booker being nothing more than an entertainer. That video is some bullshit propaganda if I've ever seen it.

The Goldust one is the only one that I could see the issue with because he's portraying a black stereotype and it makes it worse that he was wrestling a black wrestler. You could also add in the DX parody of the Nation of Domination and Roddy Piper painting his body half black when he wrestled Bad News Brown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back