• Match 8

• Match 9

• Match 10

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheOneAndOnlyGOAT

Championship Contender
1) WMXXX: The Rock and John Cena vs The Wyatt Family:

WM29_04072013cm_4945.jpg

If WWE are really looking to push Bray Wyatt and his family, what better way to do so than face two of wrestling's biggest stars: The Rock and John Cena.

John Cena can get beat up the upcoming weeks by The Wyatts then on the RAW before WM, he chooses The Rock to help him in his battle and they challenge The Wyatt Family at WrestleMania.

All it's going to need for The Rock is to make one appearance and wrestle a bunch of minutes at WrestleMania.

2) WM31: The Rock and Roman Reigns vs ??? and ???
WM32: The Rock vs Roman Reigns

The-Rock-and-Roman-Reigns-dwayne-the-rock-johnson-34573037-532-734.jpg

They can have the tag team champs / young talents attack Roman Reigns every week on RAW.

Then Triple H or the RAW GM (they still do that?) can announce those two wrestlers will face roman reigns and a Mystery Opponent , an opponent of his choosing for the tag titles.
That opponent (the rock) appears on RAW before WM or at WM.

For the next upcoming weeks, Rock doesn't show up on raws, roman reigns ends up defending the tag titles alone, he loses the tag titles.
Rock shows up the next week after roman loses the tag titles and roman reigns beat him up badly keeping him off tv for the next road to wrestlemania where they will do ROCK VS REIGNS.

That would be a reigns heel turn or something. He cuts a promo the next week saying Rock became a big hot shot or something and doesn't care about his samoan family anymore.

3) WM31: The Rock vs Brock Lesnar

maxresdefault.jpg

After a classic in 2002, Rock and Brock both left WWE after WMXX.

Rock returned in 2011 to one of the biggest pops in wrestling history, same as Brock in 2012.

Fans have been wanting to see this match ever since both came back.

This match will no doubt break records especially with Brock and Rock's drawing power.

And the match will be great as well.

4) WM31: The Rock vs The Undertaker

Rock-vs-Taker-WM-30.jpg

Not many wrestlers can make you think the streak will end but The Rock can.

This match could probably be the biggest match ever despite who wins / loses.

The Guy who beat Hogan/Austin/Cena at WrestleMania

vs

The Guy who is Undefeated at WrestleMania

5) WM31: The Rock vs CM Punk

cm_punk_vs_the_rock_royal_rumble_poster_by_isharkfeli-d5ss8pi.png

The Rock vs CM Punk in 2013 was a great feud. However, it was only to build up a Rock-Cena II match.

The Rock vs CM Punk III would be great especially if the roles are reversed (Rock as a heel and Punk as a face).

6) WM31: The Rock vs Daniel Bryan

The-Rock-Cm-Punk-and-Daniel-Bryan-segment-wwe-31608405-642-361.jpg

At RAW 1000, Daniel Bryan promised the WWE Universe that "somehow, someway" he was going to fight The Rock and not only will he be the WWE Champion but he'll be the face of the WWE.

With The Rock returning at WM31 and demanding his rematch clause for the WWE title and Bryan possibly the WWE Champion, we could see this match come true.

After all, Bryan can make any match great and is a very safe worker so you know Rock will be in a great match and won't get injured.

Imagine 3 years after losing an 18 second opening match, Bryan beating the guy who won the main event that year, for the wwe title.

7) WM31: The Rock vs Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk

The-Rock-Cm-Punk-and-Daniel-Bryan-segment-wwe-31608400-642-361.jpg

CM Punk can become the WWE champ by next year (WM31). Bryan wins the rumble. Rock invokes his rematch clause.

Rock doesn't have to be there every week, bryan and punk can get that covered.

Rock is a HUGE draw WM25 and WM26 didn't get over 1 million buyrates. The Rock comes back for the next 3 WMs, they all get over 1 million buyrates.
Punk and Bryan can't main event because they're not WM draws but The Rock is.

Both Punk and Bryan would main event WrestleMania as well.

Punk and Bryan will make the match great, The Rock will make the PPV numbers great.

8) WM31: The Rock vs Triple H

20000521_hhh_rocky_iron.jpg

The Rock and Triple H had one of the greatest rivalries in wrestling history.

They wrestled all types of matches: Ladder match, steel cage match, Ironman match, I quit match, Cast match, Strap match, Special referee match, triple threat match, fatal 4 way match, tag match, mixed tag match, 6 man tag match, 8 man tag match, 10 man tag match...

Triple H was one of Rock's opponents in his first match ever.

They main evented the first episode of Smackdown.

However they never had a One on One match at WrestleMania.

They faced each other as rookies (96), as mid-carders (97-98) and as main eventers in their prime (99-00).
It would be cool to see them face each other as legends.

9) WM31: The Rock vs Kurt Angle

june2012_nwo2001.jpg

"If I said that, then I'd tell you the company I'd retire with... I'll give you this, the picks would be between Dwayne Johnson, The Undertaker, Brock Lesnar or John Cena. There are a lot of guys, I mean Dwayne comes in and out, you know? When it comes down to it, hopefully one of the guys comes down to TNA and I can retire there, but you don't know what's going to happen."

With Kurt Angle likely ending his career in WWE and Rock most likely being at WM31, we could probably see Kurt Angle's last match (The Rock vs Kurt Angle) at WM31. That and a possible Taker vs Sting match would make WM31 a PPV to remember.

10) WM31: The Rock vs LeBron James

lebron-james-the-rock.png

LeBron James vs The Rock would be a similar match to Floyd Mayweather vs Big Show at WM24.

It would probably be a 10 minute match nothing more but it will no doubt be historic and bring a lot of attention to WWE.

I have said already, I would love a Rock vs Taker; Career vs Streak match either next year, or at Mania 32.I voted as such as well. Even though, it doesn't have to happen next year, I think Taker's time is ticking and it is becoming harder and harder for him to come back on a yearly basis.

However, some of the other matches are interesting like the Scenario with Roman Reigns and the Rock. That would be a great programme over 2 Manias in a view to having the Rock put over Reigns at WM32.

Maybe have the Wyatts be the Team beating down Reigns at some point next year, maybe costing him a Rumble win and then do a programme from there and have Reigns as you put, find a Mystery Partner who would turn out to be the Rock. Assuming that Bray goes over Cena at Mania 30, and establishes himself as a Top Heel, then Reigns and Rock can go over next year at Mania 31, and at Mania 32, there can be a Reigns vs Rock feud with Rock putting over Reigns in a Big way.

Such programmes would help Reigns get over in a Big way,lMO, and make him relevant at the Top without too much rushing into the Main Event scene, which is too clustered at this point anyway, and Reigns doesn't need to be placed in it to get lost in the Shuffle.

The Rock vs Lebron James would be something good for this year as it is a Decade year, and it would get great MainStream exposure for the WWE, without having the Rock do much to extend himself. Pure publicity stunt.

I'll answer each:

1. Rock and Cena vs Wyatt Family
It's not fiscally smart to pay the Rock a huge salary to wrestle a tag team match when that match won't be the headliner.

2. Rock vs. Reigns
No, I don't want Rock's nephew and the Rock in the same match. Too much Anoa'i family for me.

3. Rock vs Lesnar
We've had Rock Lesnar before. It's not worth being a main event match at Mania with two part timers. I'd be fine with it on the card but definitely not worth main event status.

4. Rock vs. Taker
Yes. There could be a very big build up with this type of event as the Rock has beat Cena, Hogan, and Austin at Mania. The last great name is Taker. This could have legit star power.

I've always thought Taker should have beaten Hogan, Austin, Hart, Rock, Lesnar, Cena, and Sting at Mania. Some of those will never happen, but the Rock match could.

5. Rock vs Punk
No, unless Punk is finally going to get to headline a Mania, i don't see the point. We've already had this match once before.

6. Rock vs. Bryan
No because they'd book Bryan wrong again.

7. Rock vs. Bryan vs. Punk
No because what's the point?

8. Rock vs. Triple H
Yes. Triple H will always book himself in a match at Mania and there was always legit dislike from Triple H's side toward the Rock. I'd be in favor of this match.

9. Rock vs Angle
No. Angle is not in the best shape.

10. Rock vs. Lebron
This must be a joke so I'll leave it at that.

One name i've always wanted to see the Rock face would be HBK.

So for me in order:

1. Rock vs Taker
2. Rock vs HBK
3. Rock vs. Triple H
4. Rock vs Lesnar

It would be a great WM card if they were able to somehow book:
Taker vs Cena
Rock vs Triple H
Austin vs Punk (c) Main event

Rock should return for Survivor Series as a captain teaming with Reigns and the Uso's against 4 heels and have Reigns and Rock as the survivors and then at some point have them challenge each other and build a match around the history and respect their family has and let Reigns win and have Rock pass the torch to someone he actually wants to pass it too

1. Rock and Cena vs Wyatt Family
It's not fiscally smart to pay the Rock a huge salary to wrestle a tag team match when that match won't be the headliner.

So? They don't have to pay him as much as they did the last 2 WMs. Let's say they paid him two millions a match last two years. This year, they can probably pay him 200K $ , he shows up on raw, wrestles a bunch of minutes on wm. Everyone wins, WWE certainly won't lose by adding a star like the rock to their wm card, more money for them.

2. Rock vs. Reigns
No, I don't want Rock's nephew and the Rock in the same match. Too much Anoa'i family for me.

The Rock isn't Anoa'i.

3. Rock vs Lesnar
We've had Rock Lesnar before. It's not worth being a main event match at Mania with two part timers. I'd be fine with it on the card but definitely not worth main event status.

Rock vs Brock faced each other 12 years ago. The Rock changed completely so did Brock.
Also, those two will break records. Both are huge draws.
In this match, you'll have a big match feel to it, I think it would be great if we see it again.

7. Rock vs. Bryan vs. Punk
No because what's the point?

Punk and Bryan main eventing wrestlemania? The Rock being in a MOTY candidate?

Also, as much as I want to see it but I don't think hbk is ever facing the rock

The Rock vs HBK wasn't put in the OPs list, but if they are looking for a quick fix marquee matchup for this Decade Wrestlemania 30 show, then it would be a huge Main Event, lMO.

Ultimate Superstar vs Ultimate Icon
The People's Champion vs Mr.Wrestlemania

Loads of Catchy Headline titles can be used for it. The fact that it was never done before means it would be a fresh matchup as well provided HBK comes out of retirement.

The Rock vs HBK wasn't put in the OPs list, but if they are looking for a quick fix marquee matchup for this Decade Wrestlemania 30 show, then it would be a huge Main Event, lMO.

Ultimate Superstar vs Ultimate Icon
The People's Champion vs Mr.Wrestlemania

Loads of Catchy Headline titles can be used for it. The fact that it was never done before means it would be a fresh matchup as well provided HBK comes out of retirement.

Greatest wrestler vs Greatest Entertainer

Best in the ring vs Best on the mic

Mr Wrestlemania vs The Guy who beat Hogan/Austin/Cena at Mania

1) The Rock vs The Brooklyn Brawler
Quality
2) The Rock vs Marty Janetty
Even bigger quality
3) The Rock vs Linda McMahon
Oh my god
4) The Rock vs Michael Cole
Oh my gooooddddddd
5) The Rock vs The Fabulous Moolah
oh my fuuuuckin goddess
6) The Rock vs Your Mum
Jeeeeeeeesus Christ
7) The Rock vs Your Grandad
Holy mother of crapppppp
8) The Rock vs Both your grandads in a 2 on 1 handicap
Oh my god I'm gonna cum!
9) The Rock vs All our grandads (all registered members)
Aaaarrrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhh yessssssssssss
10) The Rock vs TheOneAndOnlyGOAT
I'm dead.

I don't think Rock should ever return. After last nights reaction to his name being mentioned, what's the point?
Those fans don't deserve him. His legacy speaks for itself, but "wrestling" fans want to speak for him instead.
Nothing he can do now, will ever be good enough for them.
He can't please the die-hard wrestling fans because they're always gonna have it in for him for "leaving".
Hogan, Flair, HBK, Austin, Punk, can all say or do what the F they like, and wrestling fans will never hold it against them. But Rock doesn't live and breath wrestling like all those names... so apparently that means he never liked it, and he doesn't respect it, and he's not grateful.

Rock should show those fans the disrespect they claim he shows them, and have nothing to do with WWE in any form, ever again.
He should turn down the HOF since "he hates wrestling" so much.
Rock took WWE to another level... but "he wasn't there first or wasn't there long enough" ...So it doesn't count?!

People always talk about how great The Rock and Austin feud was but give all the credit to Austin...WTF?!
It's always funny how people talk about Autsin being there first... trying to belittle what The Rock did in that time.
Rock was huge! ...for years, and we're not talking about him being the best of a bad era or he was over with a good storyline... he was way over, to the elite. He was mainstream, he's had great matches and feuds, he was original, and he changed and adapted flawlessly, many times..... but people want to forget all of that because he left, or he came back (after they asked for it) and they don't like what he said, or how he was booked, or his 4 matches... so that means he's always been rubbish and deserves no respect??
"He said he's never going away... and I thought that meant he's gonna be on every Raw, so now I hate him because he's a liar" ...Idiots!

People think his career was too short... yet he's not allowed one last little run?! And "he wasn't there enough, even though we didn't want him at all!!"
He took up about 4 months in 3 years... how could anyone else get over in the little time they had left. Yeah Punk losing to a legend after having the title for over 400 days, buried him... Punk would have been so much better off losing to Ziggler like the IWC wanted.
But if Sting or Austin want to do the same.... "That's a great idea, can't wait"

If fans turn on him so easy, why should he care about them?! Rock has more fame, more money, a bigger fanbase, than WWE can offer him... Despite what the idiot fans think, he came back for them... they don't want him... so he should never come back.

I'd like to see The Rock against Randy Orton. I know they fought when Orton was much younger/Evolution days but I'd like to see them fight now. It doesn't have to be for the belt I just want to see vintage Rock against Orton's viper character.

I don't think Rock should ever return. After last nights reaction to his name being mentioned, what's the point?
Those fans don't deserve him. His legacy speaks for itself, but "wrestling" fans want to speak for him instead.
Nothing he can do now, will ever be good enough for them.
He can't please the die-hard wrestling fans because they're always gonna have it in for him for "leaving".
Hogan, Flair, HBK, Austin, Punk, can all say or do what the F they like, and wrestling fans will never hold it against them. But Rock doesn't live and breath wrestling like all those names... so apparently that means he never liked it, and he doesn't respect it, and he's not grateful.

Rock should show those fans the disrespect they claim he shows them, and have nothing to do with WWE in any form, ever again.
He should turn down the HOF since "he hates wrestling" so much.
Rock took WWE to another level... but "he wasn't there first or wasn't there long enough" ...So it doesn't count?!

People always talk about how great The Rock and Austin feud was but give all the credit to Austin...WTF?!
It's always funny how people talk about Autsin being there first... trying to belittle what The Rock did in that time.
Rock was huge! ...for years, and we're not talking about him being the best of a bad era or he was over with a good storyline... he was way over, to the elite. He was mainstream, he's had great matches and feuds, he was original, and he changed and adapted flawlessly, many times..... but people want to forget all of that because he left, or he came back (after they asked for it) and they don't like what he said, or how he was booked, or his 4 matches... so that means he's always been rubbish and deserves no respect??
"He said he's never going away... and I thought that meant he's gonna be on every Raw, so now I hate him because he's a liar" ...Idiots!

People think his career was too short... yet he's not allowed one last little run?! And "he wasn't there enough, even though we didn't want him at all!!"
He took up about 4 months in 3 years... how could anyone else get over in the little time they had left. Yeah Punk losing to a legend after having the title for over 400 days, buried him... Punk would have been so much better off losing to Ziggler like the IWC wanted.
But if Sting or Austin want to do the same.... "That's a great idea, can't wait"

If fans turn on him so easy, why should he care about them?! Rock has more fame, more money, a bigger fanbase, than WWE can offer him... Despite what the idiot fans think, he came back for them... they don't want him... so he should never come back.

The reaction to The Rock's name yesterday really pi$$ed me off.

But what's the point if he doesn't came back? Haters don't want to see him and his fans want to see him.

This will only make his haters happy and his fans sad.

The Rock should come back as a heel, owns those ret@rds like he did in 2003 and main event the next 5 wrestlemanias.

But what's the point if he doesn't came back? Haters don't want to see him and his fans want to see him.

This will only make his haters happy and his fans sad.

The Rock should come back as a heel, owns those ret@rds like he did in 2003 and main event the next 5 wrestlemanias.

Well I think some fans have really started to turn against Rock in the past year, and those fans can influence his fans, which wouldn't be good for him.
If he comes back and starts to get boo'd, some of his fans might think he's done something wrong, or start to question how good he is.
Even if Rock could sway some of the haters by turning heel, the trouble is, he does have a lot of young fans, and a lot of others fans are just stupid or take heel personas personal, a lot of those fans wouldn't know the difference between real and fake, especially the way he really attacks the crowd as a heel, and that's very risky with his box office numbers.

But if Rock stayed away for another 7 years, i'm sure a lot of the haters would want to see him again.
I don't really want that to happen, I would love to see him back whenever possible, I would like to see all those matches you suggested, but I do think Rock is in a tough position.
I think he would have loved to be making loads of one off appearances throughout the year, but he knows the other wrestlers and the hardcore fans won't accept it unless he puts in the time, which sadly limits him a lot.

I'm sure he will come back, but he needs a good build to stop the fans turning on him, I'm not sure if that's possible with his limited time or WWE creative, but to answer your original question... I think his next feud, Long term should be Brock...
But I don't think it should be a case of Rock challenging him because he's never beat him.
Option 1. Would be to have a current "over" wrestler struggling against a team/group, picking The Rock to be his tag partner. Have a tag match at an average PPV or to join a Survivor Series team... with Lesnar costing Rock the match, or when Rock comes out the next night to talk about the match, putting over his team, have Lesnar destroy Rock "putting him on the shelf" for a while.
(I don't think it would be smart to have Rock come back talking about the title and then having Lesnar destroy him, because fans might cheer Brock for keeping Rock out of the title picture)
Option 2. Simply Rock making a surprise save from Lesnar trying to take out an "over" wrestler.
I think Rock needs a good story to keep him connected to the fans, for now he needs to stay away from wrestling an indy guy who "works his ass off". He needs to be vulnerable, he needs to wrestle on Raw, he needs to get cost a match on Raw before he faces Brock. He also needs to be booked away from the main event (despite him being the main attraction) And he needs to have a great match, which I think he will with Brock.

I wouldn't use last RAW's crowd to gauge anything at all,tbh.
That crowd sucked big time, and half the time were just plain trolling.
It actually made for uncomfortable viewing, especially when they were shitting on the Bray vs Roman match. Really distasteful,lMO.

I could see creative booking Brock vs. The Rock as the main event to close the show. I could imagine one of them being champ, probably Brock. The Rock pretty much done it all since his comebacks - beat Stone Cold, beat Cena, won the WWE Championship, all is left is to beat Brock since Goldberg isn't back.

In a perfect world, I'd love to see him face Reigns to put him over, but who knows how WWE will book Reigns by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back