• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rock or Austin?

People's Champ

Bleeding Teal
So pretty much this is a two fold question...first question is which of the two would you MTFO for if they returned to the ring? Obviously my choice would be the rock. I love austin but IMO the rock was the most electric on the mic and in the ring. So who would you choose?

2nd question is which of the two would help the company the best right now if they came back? And for the sake of discussion let's say SCSA is in shape and been working hard. I would again go with the rock because of the name he made for himself out there would draw attention to his return to the ring. but austin would bring a refreshing ”hell ya” attitude. So who would you take?

Me personally, I would mark out the most if they both came back and just ran roughshod on Smackdown and ECW. I would also keep them off of Raw, but that’s for another thread at another time.

If I had to pick between the two, I would probably say the Rock, only because he is more unlikely to come back and we just saw Steve a few months ago.

These two are tied for number 2 on my list of Favorites. I would love to see them walk up to my Favorite of all time and say something along the lines of, “Remember the time you beat us both in one night??” That would be classic to say the least.

I always took the Rock over Austin. In my opinion, the Rock was much more entertaining on the mic and more athletic in the ring. Austin didn't seem to change much over time while the Rock always came off as fresh and original every time he spoke.

Id simply say Austin for the simple fact that he never ever turned his back on the business that made him the star he is now.....I sat about 12 feet away from the rock when he won his very first title in the WWF in Lowell Ma.....who at that time knew hed turn out to be what he did...Unfortunately for all of us though, he went on a 5-6 yr run, then basically gave Vince Mcmahon, the wrestling business, and more importantly the fans the the #1 sign, and no it wasnt with his index finger....

that is why, even though I dont like Cena much at all,...im on his side in this Rock vs Cena battle ....say what you want about Cena, but he has yet to, nor does it look like he will ever turn his back on this business.

I would mark out for the Rock more, simply because Austin has returned to promos and what not. Rock has simply left the WWE behind, and so if he returned to wrestle it would be the epitome of unexpected.

As far as who would help out the WWE more....the Rock. His main stream appeal would elevate ratings far more than Austin would. And those viewers would be the children from his Disney movies. Which, conveniently, is exactly the demographic the WWE is looking for.

Rock on both accounts. I was always a huge Rock mark, and although I certainly love and miss Austin, Rock always struck me as more entertaining. The guy just had so much natural charisma and wit about him, when he came on, your eyes were glued to the screen. He was also a more versatile character than Austin, being able to play both the face hero-type role and the heel chickenshit role to perfection. Austin had good heel work, but his face work far outshines it, whereas Rock was pretty equally good at both alignments.

I would mark out for Rock more because I really don't think he'll be back in any capacity until he's older and his movie career is winding down. Then maybe I could see him coming back for the occasional promo or WrestleMania appearance. But as far as being a full time wrestler again, that's not gonna happen, but if it ever did, I'd be completely shocked. He would help WWE more because, as has been mentioned, he has a wider fanbase now because of his movies, and is more well known in the mainstream than Austin at this point.

I'm going to have to go with the Rock. The reason i chose the Rock is because he is less likely to come back then Austin. Plus the Rock is without question one of the greatest on the mic, and excellent in the ring. Plus now that he's an actor and has appeared in mainstream t.v. and movies, it would help the WWE because people who don't know the Rock could say,"Gee, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is appearing tonight on that World Wrestling Entertainment show, we should watch and see what he does!" lol

I have to go with the rock for the same reasons that a lot of others have already mentioned. He hasn't been back, where we have seen austin here and there.

Funnily enough we were talking about this at work today, I was talking about the greatness of The Ultimate Warrior and my colleagues were agreeing with me, then the discussion turned to later times and a Rock vs Austin brawl erupted, we Rock fans were outnumbered.

After the battle finished and the blood was cleaned up both sides had come to respect the other party, while Austin was more important during their active careers there remains no doubt (to us anyway) that Rock would make a far bigger impact upon his return. After all, Austin has come back no a few occasions for some cheap pops (nothing wrong with that) while Rock has been making movies and increasing his mainstream appeal a great amount.

The novelty factor is there for Rocky as well, wrestling fans havent seen him in the ring for such a long time and there is no doubt he can still go.

Good thread.

I'd have to take the Rock over Austin only for the reason he is less likely to return. If I heard "If ya smelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll....." I would be MARKING THE FUCK OUT! so hard I'd probably shit my pants and pass out.

The Rock won't really ever be coming back and no one expects it so it would be a bigger deal than Austin. SCSA has returned for WM25 and Cyber Sunday 08 so I'd obviously still be psyched to see him but the Rock would be such an insane surprise... I'm excited just thinking about it hahaha

Id simply say Austin for the simple fact that he never ever turned his back on the business that made him the star he is now.....I sat about 12 feet away from the rock when he won his very first title in the WWF in Lowell Ma.....who at that time knew hed turn out to be what he did...Unfortunately for all of us though, he went on a 5-6 yr run, then basically gave Vince Mcmahon, the wrestling business, and more importantly the fans the the #1 sign, and no it wasnt with his index finger....

that is why, even though I dont like Cena much at all,...im on his side in this Rock vs Cena battle ....say what you want about Cena, but he has yet to, nor does it look like he will ever turn his back on this business.

Well, that's hardly even fair. Are we forgetting the time that Austin, "Took his ball and went home?" I'm definately not. At least The Rock actually stuck around and left the right way. Austin just walked. Anyway, minus that I would be more excited for a Rock return. I loved Austin but as many have said we have seen him steadily over the years. He has so many contracted dates a year so you know you will see him from time to time. The Rock however, always returned from Hollywood fresh as hell and full of fire. On a personal note, he is much more entertaining in the ring than on the big screen.

Think about it this way. On Monday night on RAW, if Vince McMahon said there would be a mystery opponent for Randy Orton for the WWE Title, who would you be more shocked to see? The Rock or Stone Cold?

19 out of 20 times, people would answer The Rock. The Rock hasn't been around for a while so any live appearance from him on WWE television would be huge. Whether its for a match, or just him coming out to cut a promo. If he came out to open RAW any week, the promo would last about 30 minutes, mainly because of all the "ROCKY!" chants or the "Welcome Back" chants. It'd be like Hogan a few years ago where the chants would make the show go longer because the promo time would get extended. As much as fans are pissed that The Rock just up and left and never looked back at the wrestling business, they would ALL turn on the television to see him in a ring again.

I do think The Rock will be back some day, as much as he says he won't. I think his movie career will fizzle in the next couple years, and since his body wasn't beat up because his in ring career wasn't very long, I could see him making a comeback in about 5 years, which would make his return that much better because he'd be a legend by then (if he isn't already.)

Think about it this way. On Monday night on RAW, if Vince McMahon said there would be a mystery opponent for Randy Orton for the WWE Title, who would you be more shocked to see? The Rock or Stone Cold?

19 out of 20 times, people would answer The Rock. The Rock hasn't been around for a while so any live appearance from him on WWE television would be huge. Whether its for a match, or just him coming out to cut a promo. If he came out to open RAW any week, the promo would last about 30 minutes, mainly because of all the "ROCKY!" chants or the "Welcome Back" chants. It'd be like Hogan a few years ago where the chants would make the show go longer because the promo time would get extended. As much as fans are pissed that The Rock just up and left and never looked back at the wrestling business, they would ALL turn on the television to see him in a ring again.

I do think The Rock will be back some day, as much as he says he won't. I think his movie career will fizzle in the next couple years, and since his body wasn't beat up because his in ring career wasn't very long, I could see him making a comeback in about 5 years, which would make his return that much better because he'd be a legend by then (if he isn't already.)

The Rock is 37 right now. You're saying that he's going to come back to Professional wrestling at the age of 42? You know how much pain those middle-aged guys feel in the ring when they reach at least 40?

And plus, the WWE has a way of taking a long time to re-build a superstar, despite who he is. If the rock indeed did come back at 42, it's going to take at least 2 years for him to be solid in the main event, 44. And that's a pretty good retirement age.

So you're saying the Rock should just come back after 5 years to see himself retire shortly after? Why not retire some where else where he won't bust his ass during his retirement?

Either of them would be a huge pop,
Issues
A) Austin has already made appearances numerous times and done absolutely nothing of use and ya know he is highly unlikely to wrestle again.

B) The Rock, could be an issue with people feeling he turned his back on em, personally i don't think that.

Anyway onto the question
For me i'd prefer The Rock over Austin in every way
The Rock was a better entertainer on the mic and in ring for the most part
Austin was just kick ass and had an awesome entrance theme

Austin would make a better GM since he is more Stone Cold hearted:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back