Rock and Austin leaving good?

:suckit:

the only people that seem to be complaining are cena and some fans on here. like i said, the man owes the wrestling community nothing. it's like saying a prisoner owes the prison he was in for something. he did his time..now it's on to bigger and better things.

the rock added something wonderful to wrestling, he contributed everything he could, now that part is over.

so you're saying the wwe is like a prison? if so then please throw me in it and throw away the key. and since when is "race to witch mountain" and "the rundown" bigger and better?

so you're saying the wwe is like a prison? if so then please throw me in it and throw away the key. and since when is "race to witch mountain" and "the rundown" bigger and better?

you're damn straight that's what i'm saying these men and women are contractually obligated to the company. yet they get no insurance or anything. they work all the time and get no time off. if they want out of their contract they have to buy their way out. then they cant compete for 90 days. so yeah it is. sure the money is great but most of it is spent on food, hotel rooms, rental cars, plane tickets and other expenses. yeah it's their decision to do what they're doing, but in reality they're trapped once they're in and trapped once they're out, sort of like probabtion for 90 days.

be cool earned an estimated 100 million dollars, opening at number one at 23.5 mil...dwayne johnson earned 5 million just for his part!

race to witch mountain...earned 45 million just on it's opening weekend. he walked away with 10 mil in his pocket..

so yeah..i'd say it's a hell of a lot better...

you're damn straight that's what i'm saying these men and women are contractually obligated to the company. yet they get no insurance or anything. they work all the time and get no time off. if they want out of their contract they have to buy their way out. then they cant compete for 90 days. so yeah it is. sure the money is great but most of it is spent on food, hotel rooms, rental cars, plane tickets and other expenses. yeah it's their decision to do what they're doing, but in reality they're trapped once they're in and trapped once they're out, sort of like probabtion for 90 days.

be cool earned an estimated 100 million dollars, opening at number one at 23.5 mil...dwayne johnson earned 5 million just for his part!

race to witch mountain...earned 45 million just on it's opening weekend. he walked away with 10 mil in his pocket..

so yeah..i'd say it's a hell of a lot better...

You are warped bro. The Rock was making over 2 million dollars a year in this so-called "prison." Without wrestling, there is NO Dwayne Johnson the actor.

A better analogy would be this. Your father raises you for 18 years of your life, then you leave. So when you leave the house, do you never return and never visit him again? No, of course not. He raised you and helped you become what you are today. You owe it to him. You respect him and love him.

The Rock doesn't need to wrestle. The Rock doesn't need to mention the WWE in every interview. But these fans are right. As soon as his career took off, he blatantly ignored his past.

Personally, I don't care. But without these fans cheering for him every monday and thursday, he's nothing.

first, i'm not a bro...read my sig

second, these same fans you're mentioning...are the ones going to buy tickets to watch him in all his movies...

2 million dollars a year? he's making over 5 mil a movie...c'mon. so what...he wrestled for what? 10 years or so? so that's 20 mil in 10 years....he's made like..what? 10 movies at like...oh lets just say 5 mil a pop...50 million in like 6 years plus without being slammed around and dropped on his head...hmmm

like i said once and a million times...he doesnt owe us nothing, the wwe is not his father or his mother, it's his past and he's done what was asked of him..doing the stupid diva search, making cameos here and there, being at the hall of fame to induct his family. so yeah, he's thanked us enough. he paid his dues, did his job to the best of his abilities and closed the wrestling chapter of his life...and now he's living a much less stressful life..and the fans still support him even though he's not making cameos on wwe tv.

I don`t blame Rock for leaving.....he did what he had to do. I don`t understand what`s up with Cena`s comments. Seriously, Rock made a smart choice....how many years would he have stayed on top in WWE....compare this to how many years he can stay in hollywood. WWE fans loved him but nothing say he would not be forgotten afterwards.

Matter of fact, he left at the right time for his acting career....when he was still very popular in WWE. Look at Austin, the Condemned didn`t sell as much as expected. why? It was 2007, 4 years after Austin`s last match. Now, if the same movie was in 2002-2003 when Austin was still the most popular guy in sports entertainment, Condemned would have been huge.....sell big time, Austin acting career would been on a roll. This is the reason why I think it would have been smart choice for his own acting career that Austin tries a last match at this year`s Wrestlemania. He is still Stone Cold but not as popular as before. A match would have promote himself a lot. Some kids just don`t know what he stand for, just like some don`t even know who the hell Bret Hart is.

Now as for the Rock. He made the right choice by going to Hollywood. HOWEVER, his film choices lately suck big time. I always thought when Schwarzenegger told him to "have fun" in rundown, he was off to become of a top action actor out there but lately, his kids movies are bad. I`m not really interested in checking his recently, even if I`m a huge fan of his wrestling work. I`ll check when he does a good movie for sure.

We all want Austin and the Rock back but its not going to happen. I don't understand the sell-out thing; so if you can get a 60% raise you stay in your first job because thats where you started. No you go for the better opportunity and I applaud the him for that I know I would its not being a sell-out its called being smart. Look at Hogan him and Vince don't get along but he has to run to Vince everytime he needs a payday. But on the roster the only one who would be butt hurt if they were there would be Triple H no matter how many title reighns he gets he will never be mentioned in the same breathe as Austin/Rock/Hogan.

yes because it helped put the likes of cena and edge on the map / main event card but it would of been better if the can back and helped cena and edge. see with the rock and austin leaving its like when magic and bird left it was up to mj to excite the fans so it was good.

I don't think either leaving could be passed as good for business. First, when Rock left he was at the top of his game and ratings were still pretty high. Same with Austin, had Austin not had injuries. Could you imagine the feuds with the heels we have today? Austin/Jericho - Austin/Orton - Austin/Edge. Rock/Jericho(remember how awesome it was when Y2J debuted?) Imagine how awesome it would be with Jericho is a legit mega-heel. Rock/Orton?? Come on, talk about a charismatic feud. Rock/Edge? Ultimate opportunist vs. Ultimate Peoples champ. There is no way whatsoever Austin and Rock leaving was good for business

The problem I have with Rock abandoning wrestling is this. It was in his blood, his family wrestled, he was a fan and then he wrestled. He shuts US the fans out, he doesn't care in the least that WE helped him become a HOLLYWOOD F'N ROCKSTAR. Hell all I'd ask for is a once a year run in or promo. Whats he give us? Nothing, not even a titantron interview anymore.

Rock/Orton?? Come on, talk about a charismatic feud.

Dude, as awesome as Orton is, the level of mic skills displayed by superstars these days is a fraction as good as they were back in the attitude days. Rock would make Orton look like he has the charisma of a broom stick if they were in a feud. I feel people forget just how truely great Rock and Austin were, totally one of a kind personalities that WWF had never seen before and probably wont see again for a very long time.

I hope that Cena continues this targetting dwayne johnson thing on MTV. The recent one was a challenge at WM26. Who knows maybe dwayne may crack and change his mind in order to shut Cena's mouth (though I completely understand where John's coming from as I have similar views on the rock myself). Keep it going Cena!!!

Rock was in the fortunate position of still being young after his huge run and I think choosing that point to pursue his movie dreams was smart. It means he can go into movies physically fit, preserve his body and return to thing ring in good shape if he wants to in a few years.

Wrestlers can get over when they are old, its the double edged sword of the business. The Rock's success in movies is down to his youth, charisma and the fact that he got out of wrestling before it ruined his neck/knees/back. If he had done what you are all hee hawing about and stayed for another 3-5 year run before hitting hollywood he would have flopped and would probably be too beat up to even continue wrestling to the standard he did before. This way he can get the very best out of the movie industry and then return if he wants, fit as a fiddle, and have a great run as if he had never left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back