Road to Redemption and Rehabilitation Starts Here.

Second of all you ironically just described why Cena is the biggest full time draw. Because he appeals to the stupidest demographic that is easily manipulated, while adults are more conservative with their money

True, until their kid who loves John Cena convinces them to go to a show that the parent might or might not have gone to, meaning that two tickets are sold instead of one.

Advantage: Cena.

Then once they're at the show, it's a Cena t-shirt or wristbands. Maybe while they're there, the dad says "oh what the heck" and picks up a Bray Wyatt shirt for himself. That would be at worse one piece of merchandise apiece or maybe even two instead of one.

It's also two Cokes and two hot dogs instead of just one each.

So in other words, using the simple logic of "Cena brings in kids who bring in adults", John Cena continues to be a more logical draw than anyone else because he appeals to children.

I've used this argument many times in the past and never gotten a rebuttal. Let's hear yours and then we'll bang our heads into the wall explaining why it's wrong.

Well yeah wrestling fans are easily manipulated. That's the point. And you don't have to be a kid for it to fly. HLA, Extreme Exposee, Bra and Panties matches anyone?

Lol more conservative

True, until their kid who loves John Cena convinces them to go to a show that the parent might or might not have gone to, meaning that two tickets are sold instead of one.

Then once they're at the show, it's a Cena t-shirt or wristbands. Maybe while they're there, the dad says "oh what the heck" and picks up a Bray Wyatt shirt for himself. That would be at worse one piece of merchandise apiece or maybe even two instead of one.

It's also two Cokes and two hot dogs instead of just one each.

So in other words, using the simple logic of "Cena brings in kids who bring in adults", John Cena continues to be a more logical draw than anyone else because he appeals to children.

I've used this argument many times in the past and never gotten a rebuttal. Let's hear yours and then we'll bang our heads into the wall explaining why it's wrong.

This is stupid. Kids can be invested into awesome asskickers too, like Stone Cold and charismatic guys like The Rock.

Dean Ambrose can easily appeal to kids with his lunatic fringe gimmick but the company keeps on fucking with his momentum every time he manages to gain some. Same for Cesaro, he can easily appeal to kids with his Swiss Superman gimmick if they marketed him enough. Its all backstage politics. You seriously think that Cena is the ONLY person who can appeal to kids this much?

This is stupid. Kids can be invested into awesome asskickers too, like Stone Cold and charismatic guys like The Rock.
Dean Ambrose can easily appeal to kids with his lunatic fringe gimmick but the company keeps on fucking with his momentum every time he manages to gain some. Same for Cesaro, he can easily appeal to kids with his Swiss Superman gimmick if they marketed him enough. Its all backstage politics. You seriously think that Cena is the ONLY person who can appeal to kids this much?

This would be Crocky completely ignoring the argument and trying to turn it into something else. I expected little else.

So you're agreeing to KB's point that Cena draws to both markets, and are contesting on other grounds. Good, this will be important.

The WWE has a proven multi-market star in John Cena, who has filled his position for over a decade. Currently (your own personal boredom notwithstanding) this shows no signs of stopping. So what you are doing is asking a company to wager millions of dollars of their own money on testing out midcard stars like Ambrose and Cesaro on children, for the reason that.............. you're bored with John Cena, yet aren't voting with your money or your voice? (The voice that goes away and gets bored with the product, not the voice who pays money for VPN services so he can keep talking about the product.)

You're going to have to be a weeeeeeeeeeeeeee bit more logical than this.

There is a flaw in this argument, in that Stone Cold hasn't been in the ring in years, and the Rock is used for special appearances only. Kids have the attention span of a gnat and want to get behind a wrestler who is there all the time.

Cena is, he puts out a positive message and they love him. Besides wasn't he your favourite wrestler at one point in time. Before you smartened up of course.

There are more than just kids at the shows, and the WWE has to market to all of their audience. Ambrose is a little out there and the ladies and the young adults think he's great, defying authority, which young kids haven't learned to do yet. Cesaro well he his unappreciated really by the WWE as a whole. But I do agree that he could be used better.

So you're agreeing to KB's point that Cena draws to both markets, and are contesting on other grounds. Good, this will be important.

The WWE has a proven multi-market star in John Cena, who has filled his position for over a decade. Currently (your own personal boredom notwithstanding) this shows no signs of stopping. So what you are doing is asking a company to wager millions of dollars of their own money on testing out midcard stars like Ambrose and Cesaro on children, for the reason that.............. you're bored with John Cena, yet aren't voting with your money or your voice? (The voice that goes away and gets bored with the product, not the voice who pays money for VPN services so he can keep talking about the product.)

You're going to have to be a weeeeeeeeeeeeeee bit more logical than this.

If Cena dies or suffers a career-threatening injury (hopefully) then the WWE will regret not building up other stars. Thats the problem with making one man so far above the rest of the roster

This would be Crocky completely ignoring the argument and trying to turn it into something else. I expected little else.
He doesn't do really well at selling his version of events to anyone, or recognizing how well his version of events are selling. Here, on Reddit, and hey Crocker, let's be honest, any other professional wrestling discussion area you visit which doesn't involve a mirror and a Teddy Ruxpin doll.

If Cena dies or suffers a career-threatening injury (hopefully) then the WWE will regret not building up other stars. Thats the problem with making one man so far above the rest of the roster
Have you missed what they're doing with Roman Reigns? Have you listened to crowds of adults booing him while children cheer?

Sound familiar?

You're saying that Cena is the only one who can appeal to kids this much. You're wrong

No you mush mouthed nitwit. I'm saying that appealing to children is a better business model than appealing to adults as it brings in more money and high spending sponsors. WWE gets in places like Wal-Mart and with companies like Mattel because they appeal to children and aren't doing crazy things like they were doing in the late 90s. The ratings may be lower, but the sponsor money is far more important in the short and long terms.

You hope he dies or is horribly injured. There is no way to spin this: that's terrible.

There is a flaw in this argument, in that Stone Cold hasn't been in the ring in years, and the Rock is used for special appearances only. Kids have the attention span of a gnat and want to get behind a wrestler who is there all the time.

Cena is, he puts out a positive message and they love him. Besides wasn't he your favourite wrestler at one point in time. Before you smartened up of course.

There are more than just kids at the shows, and the WWE has to market to all of their audience. Ambrose is a little out there and the ladies and the young adults think he's great, defying authority, which young kids haven't learned to do yet. Cesaro well he his unappreciated really by the WWE as a whole. But I do agree that he could be used better.

Not really. Pay attention to the crowds.

No you mush mouthed nitwit. I'm saying that appealing to children is a better business model than appealing to adults as it brings in more money and high spending sponsors. WWE gets in places like Wal-Mart and with companies like Mattel because they appeal to children and aren't doing crazy things like they were doing in the late 90s. The ratings may be lower, but the sponsor money is far more important in the short and long terms.

Okay I'm not disputing that. But there are other options to appeal to kids. Cena isn't the only one who can do that.

Have you missed what they're doing with Roman Reigns? Have you listened to crowds of adults booing him while children cheer?

Sound familiar?

Thanks for proving my point. The company doesn't want another face of the company with half of the crowd booing him. Thats why theyre trying to rebuild Reigns

No but he does it better than anyone and it would be bad business to switch that up.

He doesn't do it better than anyone. He definitely does backstage politics better than anyone though. Thats why he begged Vince to go over The Shield 1 month after their debut, in 2012. Then Ambrose Reigns and Rollins straight up refused and stood up to him

Not really. Pay attention to the crowds.

Seriously did you just post that? Do you think children just wander around without their parents looking for WWE shows to attend? Who buys their tickets, and takes them?

I have yet to see a kid with his mom's Visa card buying whatever he wanted at the merchandise booth. I would seriously suggest that you pay attention to the crowds.

He's really good at politicking i'll give him that. Who knows what Ambrose, Alex Riley, and Cesaro's potential would be as top stars? We will never know because of that

He doesn't do it better than anyone. He definitely does backstage politics better than anyone though. Thats why he begged Vince to go over The Shield 1 month after their debut, in 2012. Then Ambrose Reigns and Rollins straight up refused and stood up to him

As you've said so many times: Prove it. I've yet to see any proof to all these accusations of backstage politics. Also, I'd recommend you use some logic. Three rookies aren't going to be able to call shots over someone like Cena, nor would Vince ever consider putting Cena over all three of them a month after they debuted.

Go out and lose to Cena just as you're gaining momentum. Hmm, gee, I wonder if this might be the reason why WWE has had problems with building new superstars.

Dean's story is why I get so frustrated with people who defend Cena's booking and WWE's logic of it. Many WWE apologist will say "oh, he'll be fine", and then months later when that person is spinning his wheels and the luster has waned, those same morons will blame the talent for it and even use it to justify Cena going over. People may joke "Cena is a cancer to WWE", but its actually not really a joke. He kills anything thats healthy and working in his wake.

Kevin Owens was his latest victim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back