RIP WWE

WWE won’t die precisely because it is a publicly traded company and if its results lag deep enough and long enough, Vince will be ousted for someone who can get out of the way for a functional creative that can make something of all their stockpiles talent.

But AEW is an immediate threat to the bottom line. Vince and co know this. Why else hold Luke Freaking Harper hostage and extend contracts for any NXT schmuck? Now the root is how bad WWE is right now, AEW just gives their talent a viable single employer alternative with better contractual terms sans money. AEW doesn’t need top WWE talent (they made Goldust look awesome in booking). But the presence of AEW further erodes locker room morale.

If I was WWE, I’d let AEW sign whomever wanted out and fall into the TNA trap of being JV WWE. I think the real threat occurs when AEW makes its own stars. Moxley is a bit of an anomaly given his character is so radically different between the two.

WWE Network will also keep WWE afloat because it is so damn cheap and you get the whole library. But live shows and TV rating will suffer. Actual wrestling fans are a big chunk of those who attend live shows. Again, these are small revenue drivers but enough to sink WWE stock if they can stagnate growth. The WWE wound is self inflicted but AEW is like an infection that can amplify the pain

agree with aquaman " If you actually believe WWE is in serious trouble, you have mental problems." salute
o.png

No, AEW won't overtake WWE, I think it's a decent alternative compared to TNA, which never really took off. The WWE is The Nike or Jordan's of wrestling and entertainment, they may not be the brand they used to be but they are still number 1.

WWE won’t die precisely because it is a publicly traded company and if its results lag deep enough and long enough, Vince will be ousted for someone who can get out of the way for a functional creative that can make something of all their stockpiles talent.

But AEW is an immediate threat to the bottom line. Vince and co know this. Why else hold Luke Freaking Harper hostage and extend contracts for any NXT schmuck? Now the root is how bad WWE is right now, AEW just gives their talent a viable single employer alternative with better contractual terms sans money. AEW doesn’t need top WWE talent (they made Goldust look awesome in booking). But the presence of AEW further erodes locker room morale.

If I was WWE, I’d let AEW sign whomever wanted out and fall into the TNA trap of being JV WWE. I think the real threat occurs when AEW makes its own stars. Moxley is a bit of an anomaly given his character is so radically different between the two.

WWE Network will also keep WWE afloat because it is so damn cheap and you get the whole library. But live shows and TV rating will suffer. Actual wrestling fans are a big chunk of those who attend live shows. Again, these are small revenue drivers but enough to sink WWE stock if they can stagnate growth. The WWE wound is self inflicted but AEW is like an infection that can amplify the pain

Dustin Rhodes isn’t top talent? .... k

This is bit too doomsday for my liking. AEW will likely gain popularity among WWE fans, but there will be no reason for them to not watch both programs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back