Ric Flair's Status?

Loganity

Pre-Show Stalwart
Hey guys(and gals) I've read rumors over the last few days that Ric Flair may be coming back to TV once Charlotte's feud with Sasha Banks is over. This site for whatever reason didn't cover it. Then today I've read he's no longer under a WWE contract? Again, this site didn't cover it.

So, obviously I'm curious if anyone has any idea what his actual status is? Any idea if he is gone from WWE or if he'll be back on TV within the next few months?

Clearly I'm a big fan of Flair, so I was curious if anyone else has read these rumors or has any has any opinion how valid they are?

I have this cynical view on Ric. The man was an amazing preformer, but every time I've seen him since 2008, I just kind of want him to go away. (I wanted to say die, but that's just so unbelievably mean)

He tarnishes his legacy just a little bit with every public appearance. If we want anything to be left, we must gather together and stop him from strutting around until his knees start buckling and yelling Woooo until he starts making soft breath sounds.

I can only hope he remains off TV. Let his daughter stand on her own two feet. She's perfectly capable of it.

I have this cynical view on Ric. The man was an amazing preformer, but every time I've seen him since 2008, I just kind of want him to go away. (I wanted to say die, but that's just so unbelievably mean)

He tarnishes his legacy just a little bit with every public appearance. If we want anything to be left, we must gather together and stop him from strutting around until his knees start buckling and yelling Woooo until he starts making soft breath sounds.

I can only hope he remains off TV. Let his daughter stand on her own two feet. She's perfectly capable of it.

This is pretty much how I feel about it. Flair was great and I'd rather remember him for being great. We all get old, that's all there is to it, but watching Flair portray the same sort of character he was playing 25-30 years ago at age 67 is embarrassing. I compare it with watching HBK and Triple H acting like a couple of 20 year old frat boys several years back, despite both of them being in their 40s, in that it's just bad.

The main page does have a story up right now saying that Flair currently has no "contractual affiliations" with WWE so, if true, then it looks like we won't be seeing Ric Flair on television again anytime soon.

I didn't really mind Flair coming out with his daughter. He rarely spoke and he was a heel. Doing heel things like tripping the other girls. Yeah I mean, his legacy was damaged a long time ago lets be honest. I miss the old Ric Flair, the man aged quickly after looking good for a long time.

This is pretty much how I feel about it. Flair was great and I'd rather remember him for being great. We all get old, that's all there is to it, but watching Flair portray the same sort of character he was playing 25-30 years ago at age 67 is embarrassing. I compare it with watching HBK and Triple H acting like a couple of 20 year old frat boys several years back, despite both of them being in their 40s, in that it's just bad.

The main page does have a story up right now saying that Flair currently has no "contractual affiliations" with WWE so, if true, then it looks like we won't be seeing Ric Flair on television again anytime soon.

Yes, I see they have now covered the story. I find it strange that he at least still doesn't have a legends deal. As we all know Triple H has gone to bat for him countless times so I'm really surprised that Flair may be done with WWE if this is true. Although I suppose it is possible they're working on a new deal. As a Flair die hard I hope someone elaborates on what's going on with him

There was nothing wrong with Ric Flair that periodic visits to the show would probably have been welcomed. Once he became Charlotte's shadow and possibly even before that, all bets were off.

Every week I used to see him strut out to the ring and I almost felt embarrassed for him, I certainly felt bad for Charlotte. Yes it was lovely for him to be there to cheer on his daughter, but it soon became obvious he was there to run interference.

Flair had a remarkable career, sad to see this happen to him. I think in his private life he made a few bad decisions and is still paying for them. Didn't he just get engaged recently to another woman more than half his age, so he still hasn't learned his lesson.

He'll show up back on TV again I'm sure but not for awhile please.

With all due respect to Ric Flair, it was stale watching him interfering for his daughter.

Ric just overshadowed his own daughter a lot of times while it should have been vice versa. I am happy to see Charlotte compete with Flair as it is much better this way.

He shouldn't join Charlotte anytime soon in the future. If he does, I might lose any interest left in Charlotte whatsoever.

I don't mind seeing Flair return to TV every now and then, but please don't interfere in EVERY SINGLE MATCH CHARLOTTE WRESTLES IN!!

It was just really annoying and got extremely stale after just once or twice.

I met Ric Flair at the montreal comic con he was no longer under contract with wwe which is good news! What is not to cover? He said it himself. I hope TNA can bring him again and give him a few World Title matches that way he can become 20 time champion. I am sure TNA can give him a chance cause wwe is like a sinking titanic ship that can hold so much weight of all the wrestlers that are heading there many buried and some make it which is bad for business for exposure and reputation aka as a wwe cemetary where wrestlers go to bury their careers and themselves!

I met Ric Flair at the montreal comic con he was no longer under contract with wwe which is good news! What is not to cover? He said it himself. I hope TNA can bring him again and give him a few World Title matches that way he can become 20 time champion. I am sure TNA can give him a chance cause wwe is like a sinking titanic ship that can hold so much weight of all the wrestlers that are heading there many buried and some make it which is bad for business for exposure and reputation aka as a wwe cemetary where wrestlers go to bury their careers and themselves!

I know you usually troll the WWE section, which is all well and good if that's your thing, but so much of this is pure bullshit that it's difficult to decide on where to begin.

The WWE is nowhere remotely close to being a sinking ship. They're making more money than ever. If anybody is close to sinking, it's TNA, if the reports are accurate. TNA is the company struggling to make payroll on a regular basis and has been barely keeping its head above water for the past few years. As far as those who're being buried in WWE, like who? You mean the "indie guys" who've become main eventers over the years like CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, AJ Styles, Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose? Indie wrestlers who've made a big impact and may well make it to main event status like Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn & Finn Balor?

Ric Flair was already in TNA and it wasn't exactly a return to his glory days. Flair's 67 years old and his glory days are well behind him. As of right now, Bobby Lashley is TNA World Champion and he's gotten a good deal of praise for his work in TNA the past few years. I suppose you think it's a good business decision to have Flair win the title from Lashley, a man 27 years his junior and considered one of the top heavyweight fighters in mixed martial arts? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I know you usually troll the WWE section, which is all well and good if that's your thing, but so much of this is pure bullshit that it's difficult to decide on where to begin.

The WWE is nowhere remotely close to being a sinking ship. They're making more money than ever. If anybody is close to sinking, it's TNA, if the reports are accurate. TNA is the company struggling to make payroll on a regular basis and has been barely keeping its head above water for the past few years. As far as those who're being buried in WWE, like who? You mean the "indie guys" who've become main eventers over the years like CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, AJ Styles, Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose? Indie wrestlers who've made a big impact and may well make it to main event status like Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn & Finn Balor?

Ric Flair was already in TNA and it wasn't exactly a return to his glory days. Flair's 67 years old and his glory days are well behind him. As of right now, Bobby Lashley is TNA World Champion and he's gotten a good deal of praise for his work in TNA the past few years. I suppose you think it's a good business decision to have Flair win the title from Lashley, a man 27 years his junior and considered one of the top heavyweight fighters in mixed martial arts? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Asa wwe sheep and worshipper of this dreadful product many hate if you are going to start an argument finish it right! lol Let me give you some examples STING he s buried! Remember ? A Jobber Styles yes he s getting buried cause cena will win at SS ! Look at Ryback, Damien Sandow? Cody Rhodes? wwe is like a sinking titanic ship! Batista left , Rey Mysterio Jr , CM Punk , Angle, MVP? What does wwe tell you ? wwe was also on the payroll issue awhile back as well . Yes Flair is 67 yo doesn t mean he can't main event against Lashley and will bring back those glory days when he wrestled Lex Luger as Lashley gets compared too. He still has a lot in him I spoke with him he said never rule out for 20 time champion . wwe injects him in a useless storyline with his daughter who will never be the female Ric Flair if life depended on it . As for wwe making more money and burying wrestlers if that is your cup of day I rather make less money as a wrestler and get somewhere then get nowhere! Look at EC3 in TNA where wwe failed him ?
So you are saying as long as wwe pays them screw all the wrestlers let them be benchwarmers! At least in TNA they do their stuff and not have creative restrict them in wwe what they can or cannot do! wwe is not only a sinking titanic ship but a cemetary where all wrestlers go for humiliation and death!

Ric Flair ruined his legacy years ago. He is a joke. He comes off as a very sad and broken man....which he is in real life. It's no secret he is broke and still dodging his taxes even with help from WWE to pay them off over the last 10 years.

The man has no off switch. He doesn't play a character. That's who he is. He is an alcoholic/drug addict who wastes all his money on things he can't afford like limo's, suits, airplanes, hookers and blow.

I don't feel bad for him. He reminds me of Charlie Sheen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back