Revolution Videos (Keep it in here!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyado

Elegantly Wasted Superstar
For a few months now, the WWE has been actively using it's website and social media to promote the product and to tie in with storylines on the two shows.

We had the viral videos which proceeded Jericho's return, WWE.Com revealing whether or not Johnny Ace would be fired and Dean Ambrose calling out Mick Foley on twitter and then through a youtube video. Yesterday, they released what they apparently want to be their latest video viral. I can't find a link to it but there is one in the news section of wz.com and if your patient enough it can be found on the WWE.Com website, flashing before some other bits of video content.

As an overview, the video features scenes of social unrest, riots, fights, armies marching etc and finishes with the words 'a revolution is coming' with a red X. I want your thoughts.

What do you think the video means? The return of an old superstar? The debut of a new one, if so, who and why? Could it be something non-superstar related, to do with the WWE network perhaps? Could it be the return of an authority figure such as VKM?

Whatever your theory, lets have it below, with reasons why. No spamming, obviously.

some people say that it involves the wwe network and possibly the cruiserweight division coming back, but I disagree it has to involve a return, now before the rumors start about goldberg, you need to look at what it really means.

I strongly think it's the return of the original nexus, it seems to hint at a stable with the words riot a revolution, all the guys are active except wade, and by the time there ready to do something with this angle Barret will probably be back to.

If it's a single person, id have to say ambrose, he has been on the house shows for months and has yet to debut on television, it seems like there saving him for a big debut.

I love stuff like this. I know it could turn out to be a massive disappointment but hopefully it wont. Either way, it creates intrigue and keeps fans guessing, and thus tuning into the product. As for the above suggestions, a return of the original Nexus would be an interesting idea, especially considering their current positions. Daniel Bryan, Barrett, Otunga and Ryback have all evolved. However Heath Slater, Justin Gabriel and Darren Young have all hardly progressed while Tarver is gone.
Personally I'd like to see this as the return of an ex-WWE superstar, maybe Batista or better still, Edge. They would lead a revolution of young FCW talent (Rollins, Steamboat etc), just like Nexus but with an actual goal. Edge would be the mouthpiece of the group and bring them credibility. Batista could act in the same way but could also wrestle. Edge would be a better choice as it would mean that the group would not all be about him. It would be about the young talent with him and their wrestling abilities.

However, chances are it could be something to do with Punk as the red X is pretty prominent, or as said, Dean Ambrose, yet I would be surprised if they used a big viral campaign for Ambrose. A sneak attack on Foley would do the trick. He should just jump the barriers, beat the hell out of Foley and then cut a promo.

Whatever this 'Revolution' is, I am intrigued.

I'm also inclined to think that this "Revolution" is a new faction, group, or something much further reaching than a single wrestlers debut in any case.

I don't think it's VKM, Goldberg, or any other individual by himself. A revolution implies revolt... an uprising of some type. It's uncommon that a single individual could completely encompass that type of storyline or angle. However, one person could certainly be the spearhead for that movement.

The word revolution implies not only something radically different, but diametrically opposed to the current norm. That could certainly be a bona fide cruiserweight division making its return to WWE, and remains a definite possiblity. Unfortunately the ship has sailed on ECW, at least as far as WWE is concerned, so I doubt a return of the hardcore wrestling format is in the cards. I'd also be surprised if the revolution is a rekindling of the fire that burned during the Attitude Era. WWE has moved past that, even though they've been throwing us older dogs a few bones every now and again as of late.

All of that said, I wouldn't entirely rule out the "revolution" having something to do with Paul Heyman AND the cruiserweights. Super athletic guys doing death-defying stunts while having their characters/personas enhanced by the mad scientist of wrestling himself? Now THAT has the potential to turn into something be pretty cool!

I think it'll be a Heel group with Lesnar, Punk, Heyman and The Uso's. X stands for eXtreme, it's wwe's superior version of ev2.0.

Anyone else thinks it all looks an awful lot like this??

[YOUTUBE]ujuI8F-tBA0[/YOUTUBE]

Not that i think the NWO are coming back... But the stable idea seems to be the only one that makes sense!! Its definately not a current guy, and probly not a single superstar on his own...

im guessing its a stable been a while since we had a great stable. im really looking forward to it if its a stable but im worried its going to be something to do with the wwe network i hope im wrong

i REALLY REALLY DO

The revolution video looks like a mix of the NWO and DX titantrons, which will instantly lead to the assumption whatever is coming will be a faction hell bent on creating trouble.

However this video is pure genius, it could lead to several ideas of what it could be:

Is it Punk, after all he uses the X to show he is straight edge... is he behind the Revolution?
The red X is more associated with the X division in TNA... a long shot but it could be a group led by a former member of this division in WWE.
War clips is of course in reference to the NWO
X of course is also in reference to DX if turned green and there has been a DX Army before.
A Long shot, there appears to be a message of kind at the end of the video before it shows Revolution. Only thing I can make is the number 2
Could it be Jericho once again, does anyone expect Jericho to go viral whilst in WWE.... it'll certainly be new.

In all I do hope its a group upset with the way the company is run, not getting chances and therefore hold their Revolution

I'm leaning towards this being a bigger change than a new stable and here are my reasons why:

1) They just did this revolt against WWE angle two years ago with Nexus and last year with Punk.

2) A heel stable is not what the WWE needs. They don't have the babyfaces in the midcard to match the heels as it is, why would you want to bring in a group of MORE heels?

It could be a return or maybe a singles debut (Seth Rollins or Dean Ambrose come to mind for this) or maybe WWE is blatantly copying the X Division.. Maybe they're bringing in a new division/championship called the Xtreme Champinship. Who knows?

this is why i love the wwe..and why i hate it..it could be one thing..than once we figure it out its another

but good work i always love the videos wwe does, its refreshing when they do it

i would love for it to be ambrose, but i cant see how that video and foley connect, it would work they werent in a twitter battle, and the video played when foley was in the ring, and out came ambrose, and foley didnt know him..so i dont think it will be ambrose

This video just reeks of an invasion angle and for some reason I'm hoping its TNA. The red X like the one used in the ultimate X matches, the riot scene, just everything about this hints a some type of new force coming in.

I doubt its the WWE network for 2 reasons:
1. I honestly believe that the Network will finally launch around one of the big name PPV ( Summerslam, Survivor Series, Royal Rumble, Wrestlemaina)

2. I doubt WWE does the cyptic message thing with the launch of the network because they need viewers to tune in and if people are too confused to piece together the clues then viewership will be low.

I think it's some type of TNA invasion for a few reasons:
1. TNA will never be as hot as it is now (which isnt saying much) without some sort of WWE acknowledgement.

2. Despite all the recents returns WWE is no where near getting enough hype for the WWE Network to be a success and a invasion could be just want they need to boost ratings and gain new fans.

3. TNA's new open challenge plan just seems to be opening the door for a WWE guy to show up out of nowhere and issue a challenge to a top TNA guy.

4. For some reason I get a feeling that Abe Washington and his All World stable will be involved with this. Its quite odd that the guy is tryin to collect all the forgoten about talent of WWE, kinda makes u think he's planning some kinda of revolt or "revolution" huh

This video just reeks of an invasion angle and for some reason I'm hoping its TNA. The red X like the one used in the ultimate X matches, the riot scene, just everything about this hints a some type of new force coming in.

1. I honestly believe that the Network will finally launch around one of the big name PPV ( Summerslam, Survivor Series, Royal Rumble, Wrestlemaina)

2. I doubt WWE does the cyptic message thing with the launch of the network because they need viewers to tune in and if people are too confused to piece together the clues then viewership will be low.

1. TNA will never be as hot as it is now (which isnt saying much) without some sort of WWE acknowledgement.

2. Despite all the recents returns WWE is no where near getting enough hype for the WWE Network to be a success and a invasion could be just want they need to boost ratings and gain new fans.

3. TNA's new open challenge plan just seems to be opening the door for a WWE guy to show up out of nowhere and issue a challenge to a top TNA guy.

4. For some reason I get a feeling that Abe Washington and his All World stable will be involved with this. Its quite odd that the guy is tryin to collect all the forgoten about talent of WWE, kinda makes u think he's planning some kinda of revolt or "revolution" huh

the tna thing would be insane but we all know it would never happen unfortunately, the AW scenerio makes a lot of sense and with wwe focusing all the main spotlight on past stars recently it would certainly be plausible that the younger guys would get fed up with it and revolt.
man I hope thats it, we need some kind of huge chaotic storyline but then again after all the speculation for 1/2/2012 (jericho) that wound up being a big disappointment I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

There is no way that this is related to TNA. That will never happen. It would not be in WWE's interest anyway. I somehow don't think that VKM and HHH would want to share the spoils with Hogan, Dixie and Bischoff. WWE is a business and they want total control of the market. Now having competition is good for business, but in this case, VKM is a megalomaniac and will not want to a)be associated with TNA b)lose to TNA in any way shape or form. An invasion would benefit nobody in the long run...unless some partnership based on mutual respect has secretly occurred between VKM and Dixie, but I highly doubt that. WWE is simply too big to do anything with TNA, and if it did, with the egos involved, WWE would always come out on top and thus TNA would always remain the 'smaller' company.

This video is hopefully for a new faction, faces or heels, I don't care which. Whether they work or not, and even though there are always people who moan about stables, the introduction of a new stable is always exciting.

I was thinking that it could be a combination of john lauranitus's stable and nexus vs the wwe, the TNA thing is a long shot, but they did reach some kind of agreement to let flair go to the hof, with this arrangement it could set johnny up for a lengthy run as GM without any questions of him being punished for his actions, because he holds all the power, and a big stable could be a possibility, or if his stable gets big enough, nexus might be coming to challenge it, which would make nexus a babyface stable, I don't think the nwo is a possibility, the revolution could be all the new signings coming in all at once for an invasion from the independent scene, an indy invasion sounds pretty cool.

I get how the TNA on the surface looks impossible. Yes WWE is huge and yes VKM is a megalomanic who would kill his self instead of make WWE appear weak but do anyone remember when tiny, no major tv deal, virtually unknown ECW invaded Monday night Raw? U saw mega power of WWE get destroyed but guys that almost no one had heard of. This could be the same type of deal and if p played properly could become one the biggest things to happen in a while.

I'm thinking and hoping its a revolt started by lesnar.. Hell bent on getting rid of triple h and the board.
John Laurinitis
Brock Lesnar
Paul Heyman
Lord Tensai (and his buddy)
David Otunga
ADR
Other possibilities: Jericho, Swagger, Ziggler, D Bryan
This would be freakin awesome! Maybe have someone like Punk turn a couple months after it starts.

I'm also hoping it's the start of a new stable being formed. The stable could be interpreted as either a face of heel stable, as it could be a face stable revolting against Big Johnny, or a heel stable who want things to continue the way they are. However, i do think this 'Revolution' will play some part in the major storyline of the summer, as the past two summers we have seen Nexus take over the WWE, and last year the 'Summer of Punk'.

I don't think this has anything to do with the Network, otherwise why would they have made it so secretive? If it was for the Network they probably would of created another long vignette like they did last year advertising the upcoming Network. Either way, i'm excited to see where this leads to.

Speaking on the idea of a TNA invasion, which by the way, I believe is a LONG shot, but for the sake of it, remember..Hogan has a BIG idea. What could that BIG idea be; another invasion?

Personally, I am rooting for it to be Ambrose. I want Ambrose in the big leagues immediately and can hardly wait for the impact he will bring. I don't know how likely it is to be him though.

If these videos were being played on Raw and Smackdown each week there would be a much larger discussion over this whole thing. Thus leading me to believe that it is something internet related for the WWE, whether it be a new internet show, a new website, just something that they feel will "revolutionize" their business. However if these do make it to TV then it will change the way I look at it and it could be for a return of a superstar, my guess, Atom Bomb....ok slight sarcasm there. Could be Batista but maybe not since he only wants to come back when the time is right and with it still being the PG era it isn't time for the Animal to come back.

A stable FORMING wouldny have a video to promote themselves, we see it happening organically like with AW's group... If its an outsider stable, that makes sense, but... eh.

Is it not clear? how has nobody picked up on this yet? It is clearly the return of the mighty Scotty Goldman, leading the revolution of former ROH stars Bryan Danielson and CM Punk to turn on vince and the roster!
just kidding lol, its most likely something to do with the big foley ambrose feud that is apparently in the pipelines, which I hope it is as I am eagerly awaiting a big ambrose feud after seeing how well he can hold character in the FCW.

with the new article on wwe.com under related videos its all mick foley matches, so i think it something with ambrose maybe he is the revolution for hardcore, but not in the way foley did it..not using his body in stunts, ambrose could be the new age mick foley but gets his hardcore over in a different way...

The words at the beginning of the video are:

HEAD

SYPMT Universal Leader

Picture Company

and

Type of Aspect.

The last two flash by really fast and are written backwards

those are just things that start off the video not realted to the actual video..
sypmt is the clock that u see start old movies and stuff...beeps 9, beeps 8 an so so and so on...type of aspect is just the aspect ratio of the picture/video

Paul Heyman returns with Brock Lesnar and Batista. UNSTOPPABLE. Since everyone now is on both shows, let Batista win one heavyweight title and Brock win the other. And let them totally flip the WWE upside down.

they are part of the video..but the words have nothing to do with anything..its just part of the video..the words are just in the video just cuz the style of video..its more of a video effect as say...somebody called SYMPT...which is the countdown to start videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back