Report: WWE Bringing NXT To American Television

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to a report from F4WOnline.com, the WWE is looking to bring NXT to television here in the United States. It also states that the company is looking to make this happen in the fall and that the idea is to use the show as a means of introducing viewers to the talent in a way similar to the ECW program did. NXT does air overseas and, for now, the plan is to keep the show on an airing time of 1 hour.

I'm assuming that WWE is in talks with some networks, especially those under the NBC Universal umbrella, about airing the show. Or, at the very least, they're in the process of doing so. I don't catch NXT every week but I do keep up with it and it's consistently an entertaining show. Ultimately, I'm hoping that Vince doesn't try to bigfoot things in NXT, essentially pushing Triple H aside, once the show airs on television. Everyone from WWE officials to wrestlers to wrestling insiders are extremely impressed with Triple H's overhaul of WWE's developmental system, but Vince stepping in and basically taking over wouldn't display a whole lot of confidence in Triple H.

NXT is the best weekly released WWE produced show.

Before Triple H took control of development I was a fan of his right off the bat especially with his signing of Sin Cara who I'm a fan of. Since then hes shown that he knows how to run things correctly. NXT's old school wrestling mentality is what makes it so good, it's just a wrestling show with very little extra. They settle their issues in the ring instead of speaking continually for fifteen minutes about how they'll beat this guy or that guy... next week.

It already airs on Sky Sports over here but I usually catch it on YouTube. It alongside Raw and ROH are the three wrestling shows I go out of my way to watch every week, but I find myself enjoying NXT more than the other two more often than not. It only helps that I love half the guys who appear weekly. Anticipating Sami Zayn's debut.

ION might take it in the Main Event slot... 50% of ME is rehash of Raw and SD.... so an hour of new programming might be enticing... maybe even make it 90 minutes keeping the recaps. Vince has said he prefers a 90 min show over 1hr or 2 hr shows.

if that's not an option, try to get TBS or any other network that will give you 6:00 on Saturday, use 5 minutes to cover SD and Raw, and start it at 6:05 as a tribute to NWA/WCW

Thank fucking god, we'll all finally be able to watch the best show they're currently producing. Good thing too, it's a pain in the ass searching for episodes on the internet every week.

Great news. Im really sick of downloading this show every week and watching it on my computer. Im just repeating what everyone above me has said but yes, NXT is hands down the best show WWE produces right now FOR WRESTLING FANS. Way less bullshit, great young talent and honestly, I really like the small crowd atmosphere. This show and its roster deserves to be on television in the states. Now I just hope we get some continuity when characters are called up from NXT to the main roster. It doesnt help superstars when they get over with a character, just to be completely re-branded when they get called up.

Sounds good to me. I'm bored w/ 80% of the content on Raw/Smackdown currently because of stale characters and storylines.

That was the best part of ECW, NXT, and even Tough Enough (w/ Stone Cold)....new faces and different talent. I read a lot about Bray Wyatt and Paige and others on NXT that I'd love to see them each week on TV.

TNA is just about impossible to watch anymore even on DVR so I could use a new hour of programming focusing on the rookies.

Just not Bo Dallas because that guy sucks.

Thank the Lord! I cant cant wait until NXT airs here in the united states! I never have time to search for it on youtube i usually just read what happened on wrestlezone website. I always hear from you good folks its a good program but here in the USA we dont get to see it! But in the fall thats gonna change. Please wait until Fall Sami Zayn so I can see you on television.

This is gonna help NXT so so much. THe exposure to the american audience is just what NXT needs. Grow with young and upcoming stars and then really follow them up to the main roster! Great Move

Im lucky enough to be in australia we get it on fox 8 every week, I really dont get how that works Australia gets an American show but Americans dont? anyway Im a huge Ohno Mark so It will be great for him and all those guys to get the exposure

Well it's about time for you lot.

I've always found it curious that we get to watch an up to date NXT right before a live Raw every week. Makes for a few hours of good wrestling TV on the old Sky Sports. And yet folks across the pond aren't offered the same luxury.

FYI, William Regal just said "spotted dick"; this show is awesome.

I am glad we are finally getting it. I usually read the results, and judging from what everyone says it is a great show. I am definitely into seeing all of the wrestlers that are working to come up from the main roster. Not sure why we didn't get it in the first place.

I didn't realize that it wasn't on TV in the States. I think it's one of their best shows, and completely different from the main Raw/Smackdown/Main Event product. It's more old school and a welcome break from the usual WWE stuff.

I'm in Australia so I get it every week and this doesn't effect me. This all sounds good but I'm a bit worried. I want NXT to feature developmental guys but in the past few weeks we have been getting more and more main roster guys. I think the move to American TV could cause more and more of the main roster to appear on the show which I don't think is a good thing.

It's already available in the US if you have a hulu+ account, which I do, and is far more convenient for me as I have the absolute most basic cable available, it's pretty much nothing but local channels, so odds are I don't get whatever channel they are going to end up airing it on. And it seems like a pretty large chunk of people are dropping cable for Netflix and Hulu, especially with all the devices that can now play them on your TV. So I don't really see it making a significant difference between that or it actually being on regular TV.

I also watch in on a weekly basis on Hulu and agree that it is really one of the best things going right now for WWE.

I am excited that it will be available for everyone here in the states who dont have Hulu but like someone else stated, it may lead to bigger influx of main roster talent being featured over the developmental.

I'll admit it has bothered me a little that NXT is never acknowledged on Raw or Smackdown but then again, if its going to be available here in the States to everyone I'm just afraid the format will be changed because they'll obviously or have to pull guys like Big E off the show given that he is a face champion there. Then again, maybe he can start showcasing the NXT title on the big shows to sort of add a little prestige to the trio of himself, AJ, and Dolph to show how strong of a group they are possibly defending the title on Raw or Smackdown against other NXT stars.

It really is a double edged sword here

Jackhammer: correction bring NXT back to US TV as it aired yrs ago w/ the last season airing on TV n SyFy was Season 3 w/ The Divas which Kaitlyn won. So it will be returning to US TV and not being a new series. So it will be returning instead or did all ya forget that as it took ECW's Slot after they cancelled that show.

Jackhammer: correction bring NXT back to US TV as it aired yrs ago w/ the last season airing on TV n SyFy was Season 3 w/ The Divas which Kaitlyn won. So it will be returning to US TV and not being a new series. So it will be returning instead or did all ya forget that as it took ECW's Slot after they cancelled that show.

That isn't what NXT is anymore.... It's a development territory, not a half Wrestling event half game show.

I have been keeping up with NXT on Hulu since they added it, and it's great. I *loved* that they did Clash of the Champions on NXT with Dusty. Phenomenal matches for a developmental show. Kaitlyn demolishing AJ with the spear was actually my favorite part of that show.

Based on the latest info, it's looking as though Syfy might be the network hosting the show. SmackDown! has been Syfy's biggest show since it debuted, so I wouldn't imagine it'll be too difficult to secure a deal for NXT. The fact that NXT will obviously be advertised under the WWE brand will help the show draw viewers. If it does well, it wouldn't be at all surprising to see it expanded to 2 hours. It's also being reported that WWE officials are talking about adding NXT matches, in which they'll be billed as NXT matches, at house shows so that the wrestlers can gain experience working in front of larger crowds.

If they ultimately keep NXT under its current format with episodes being taped at Full Sail University with Triple H still ultimately being the man in charge, then it will definitely have a much different feel & look to it than Raw or SmackDown!. If I had to compare it to anything, it'd be something along the lines of ROH's general look, only with overall better production values. NXT has the feel of an indy company, yet one that's looks upscale.

Its about motherfucking time the best wrestling show the wwe puts on every week comes to tv here in the states. They will have to make slight modifications to their taping schedule, because as of now, gimmicks and roster statuses dont always match up with what is going on the main roster. Get that worked out, and its a brilliant idea.

How ironic that a show about the future stars of the WWE isn't even shown in the home country.
same with Vintage Collection and Superstars thats not shown in the states either, why?
Surely thats the first place they would want to secure for any televised shows.

Lucky i live in Australia we get every TNA and WWE show including the apparently non US region shows like Vintage Collection, Superstars and NXT. and all on 2 channels that are available to anyone which a PayTV subscription albeit they are delayed by 1-3 days from when they are taped but i can live with that.

NXT is ok, not great, some of the action is pretty good and atleast guys get to cut half decent promo's and there is a cosy atmosphere feel like old school WCW.

I live in England and as already stated we get it on Sky Sports. I think that NXT is the best thing that the WWE produces. It's awesome. Full credit has to go Triple H for the minor miracle that he has worked on the show, he's taken a lame duck talent contest and turned it into a quality WRESTLING show. It kind of gives me hope that once Hunter takes over the onscreen product will be more about wrestling than the corporate product placement that we currently have to endure. I know that WWE needs to advertise it's sponsers but at the moment it's ridiculous. Also a good thing about NXT is that it's got it's own location and isn't filmed before Raw or SmackDown therefore giving the perception that its standalone from the rest of WWE. Also Triple H isn't just working on the next generation of wrestlers, I've read somewhere that NXT has its own writers and they alongside the wrestlers are all being developed together so that they can make a seemless transition to the big shows in the future.

I think that it's a good idea that WWE want to find it a home on American TV. Mainly because it'll give the American audience a chance to know who these guys are before they show up on Raw.

There is a part if me also that wishes that Vince would give Hunter a couple of Raw's (or SmackDown's) that are done like NXT but with a bigger audience. I'd like a Raw that focuses on the wrestling side of the business.

But, yeah, a good move by WWE to get NXT on American TV.

I already watch NXT every week, because I have Hulu Plus. It's a consistently solid show. I think sometimes people overrate it because it's got all kinds of indie wrestlers - the matches aren't generally THAT good, but there are occasional gems. It's just that they usually feature more stars that the IWC typically are drawn to. A lot of the matches are frustratingly short and basic - as they should be; most of the stars are either rookies, or trying to learn the WWE style for the first time.

One thing I do like is that it's a developmental promotion, so they're willing to do some things that might not get on WWE television. The whole Ascension thing was pretty cool, before the one guy got fired. Bray Wyatt's gimmick has been awesome, but I'm not sure that'll translate to a larger WWE mainstream audience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back