Report: NXT To Air Live On WWE Network

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Just prior to tonight's next set of NXT tapings, Triple H announced that NXT will be airing live on the WWE Network beginning February 27. There'll be one final set of tapings for the show on January 30, then it'll be airing live from now on at Full Sail University. There's nothing mentioning the show's timeslot, but February 27 is on a Thursday, so it won't be long before someone will start up some sort of "Thursday Night Wars" talk with NXT and TNA airing on the same night.

this is very good news. with NXT being live every week and the ppvs included the wwe network is sounding better and better. i was very skeptical at first but now im interested, especially if the wwe network stays $10 a month. hopefully you will be able to buy something like a 1 month trial so people can decide if its worth the money.

Only THAT episode will air live being it the "Network's" first showing of it. They will still be taped going forward with occasional live episodes.

I think this would benefit WWE because if the network gets better viewership that night NXT can eventually move there live altogether. But right now they're under contract with Hulu and they're paying the production costs for the right to show it.

I think Vince and company would still rather someone else pay the production costs than themselves anytime.

It would be smart of WWE to air some shows like Superstars and NXT on the WWE Network. Also old seasons of Total Divas and other shows that normally most people don't watch should be on here. I'm also thinking shows like JBL and Cole and other shows will be shown on the WWE network first before being put on YouTube.

There's nothing mentioning the show's timeslot, but February 27 is on a Thursday, so it won't be long before someone will start up some sort of "Thursday Night Wars" talk with NXT and TNA airing on the same night.

Not a coincidence, that's for sure. But I wonder whether it will amount to a "war" or to "the straw that broke the camel's back." After all, NXT doesn't need to pull big numbers for it's "parent" company to be successful, but Impact is all TNA's got.

No predictions here and no "gloom & doom" scenario, but this move by WWE makes me wonder how close to the edge TNA really is. Face it, WWE isn't sending a tank to do battle with the smaller company; they're sending a flyswatter.

The NXT Live Special will be going up against Impact. During that week the E is offering a one week Network free trial.

It'll be good to have NXT back on the air- hopefully. I've watched old FCW matches and I thought they were awesome and now that NXT is the new FCW, I'm HOPING the matches on there are just as good. It's be nice to see new wrestlers and Divas develop before coming up.

Sadly, if Dead Walkerr is right, we're going to be given the same cheesey crap we see every Friday and Monday night- and even Sunday nights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back