• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Report: Possible Opponents For Brock Lesnar At WrestleMania XXXI

But it is a box office draw. Especially for Wrestlemana. Let's not forget that more than likely by this time next year the WWE Network will be international.

"I can watch Brock vs Rock at Wrestlemania XXXI for $9.99?!"

The Network is something people will buy for the larger content and actually I thought I read that Mania wont be on the Network next year. I'm sure it would draw money but it would be a poor match as Rock simply can't go anymore and Brock would have to tone down his style to avoid hurting him.

WWE are on the cusp of breaking through new stars, everything about Mania XXX and the following Raw has been about the future, even down to Cena's promo on SD. I think Triple H knows it's time to build and pissing that away at the next Mania, a year from now where booking should have the crop of fresh talent in much stronger positions, would be a waste.

It all depends on how well Cesaro's booking is from here to the Royal Rumble. It will be a great match, but I see it at Royal Rumble at this point. If Cesaro becomes the international star that I think he will become, then book it for Wrestlemania.

I'm fine with either match, but there is intrigue if Brock walks away from WWE after WM and decides to go out on his back to Cesaro.

The only way Brock vs Rock would matter is if Brock signed a new contract and beat The Rock to add another scalp to his belt and prep him to put someone new over at Mania 32. I'm a big fan of Cesaro but if he goes up against Brock I think we can guarantee Brock will be a heel with Heyman and Cesaro will go face, and I just don't see that working as Cesaro needs a mic man just as much as Brock does, so I can't see how the build would work.

The rumour currently for Brock's opponent at Mania 31 is either the Rock or Cesaro.

I do see the benefit in putting Cesaro as Brock's opponent at WM31, if as reported, Brock's contract ends at Mania31 and he isn't planning to sign another one, then, Paul Heyman will probably go into the match either as pro-Cesaro or as an in-between guy who sides with the eventual winner.
So Cesaro is an ideal opponent given that he is the new Heyman guy, and Brock might well be leaving the WWE after Mania31.

The other opponent that is viable if Brock doesn't renew is Roman Reigns, as mentioned by others in this thread itself.
Roman Reigns' booking thus far has been very strong with the Royal Rumble and Survivor Series records to his name. Also, a rumoured 'final' Authority showdown with HHH at SummerSlam, means that he could well be a cemented Main Event level performer by August,2014.
That means, there will be just over 6 months to get him into a position to defeat the guy who 'broke' the Immortal Deadman's Streak, which would be a sure catapult for Roman Reigns going forward.
The popular fantasy booking going around, is that after an HHH vs Reigns showdown at SummerSlam to end the Authority, Brock will challenge and win the WWE title at the Royal Rumble 2015, whilst Reigns wins the Royal Rumble and goes on to face Brock Lesnar at WM31 with the entire WWE hierarchy behind him since Brock is on his way out of the company with the WWE WHC around his waist.

All in all, whilst a Brock vs the Rock match would draw, I think in terms of building the next full-time star to indirectly benefit from the Streak.

The thought of a Cesaro or Roman Reigns, being the guy who beat the guy that broke the Streak, would serve the company well going forward,lMO. Also, both guys have been portrayed strong enough that they would be more than believable opponents for Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 31,lMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back