• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Report On Sting's WWE Future

I hope he's put in matches against triple h, hbk,
Rock, Jericho, masked kane, Orton, cesaro, and Wyatt
Before he takes on taker. Would love to see taker, sting
And kane vs Wyatt family at survivor series.he may be 55.
But he Is still one of the best workers around. Can't wait to
See him mania 30

Although The Wrestling Observer is not a reliable source anymore, I feel excited each time I hear the reports :D
If Sting comes to WWE, him going against The Undertaker is the only feud I'm interested in watching. And it should stretch for 3 months at least, unlike Taker's current no-rhyme-or-reason feud with Brock Lesnar. Both The Undertaker and Sting are great storytellers, both have a huge presence in the ring, they don't need mouth-pieces or managers, to be a heel or a face, hugging kids or taunting them... they can just be themselves and everyone will buy it.

On the other hand, if he and the negotiators decide to have more than one match, or a full one year contract, its more than likely, almost inevitable, that he will end up in the same ring as John Cena <--- the momentum ruiner, the guy that has had more than enough people "pass the torch" to him already; he will pin and land Sting in the same state as the "Embrace the Hate" Kane or returning Brock Lesnar, because he for some reason has to get involved with every superstar that's rising or returning, 9 out of 10 times beating them clean. While I'm totally okay with Sting getting younger wrestlers over (something he seems to have no problem doing, as witnessed in TNA), John Cena is the only reason I don't want Sting to sign a full time contract.

Although The Wrestling Observer is not a reliable source anymore, I feel excited each time I hear the reports :D
If Sting comes to WWE, him going against The Undertaker is the only feud I'm interested in watching. And it should stretch for 3 months at least, unlike Taker's current no-rhyme-or-reason feud with Brock Lesnar. Both The Undertaker and Sting are great storytellers, both have a huge presence in the ring, they don't need mouth-pieces or managers, to be a heel or a face, hugging kids or taunting them... they can just be themselves and everyone will buy it.

On the other hand, if he and the negotiators decide to have more than one match, or a full one year contract, its more than likely, almost inevitable, that he will end up in the same ring as John Cena <--- the momentum ruiner, the guy that has had more than enough people "pass the torch" to him already; he will pin and land Sting in the same state as the "Embrace the Hate" Kane or returning Brock Lesnar, because he for some reason has to get involved with every superstar that's rising or returning, 9 out of 10 times beating them clean. While I'm totally okay with Sting getting younger wrestlers over (something he seems to have no problem doing, as witnessed in TNA), John Cena is the only reason I don't want Sting to sign a full time contract.

no rhyme or reason? Have you not been watching wrestling for the last 2 years? they had a history when Brock was fueding him for the world title over a decade ago, they had a confrontation at a UFC event months before Brock had to stop due to health issues, then he returns to WWE and under the guidance of Paul Heyman who was pissed that not only did Punk not defead The Undertaker, he's now gone from WWE period. , he wants his Beast incarnate to get the job done, it doesn't need a complicated storyline just the bit about last years match, Punk Heyman and Brock's relationship is enough

Personally i don't want to see the match either, Brock sucks period, he "was" a force but that was over a decade ago but it's what's going to go down and in reality it's the biggest threat to Taker's streak.

Unless this contract is signed in the back seat of a Delorean with Christopher Lloyd in the driver's seat, it's a waste of time and money.

I wasn't going to read page two of this post be I'm happy I did! I'd rather watch Shawn Michaels wrestle Bret Hart in a pool of mashed potatoes in a loser gets to snort coke out of Tammy Lynn Sytch's buttcrack match.

Remember when there was news about actual worthwhile people who were in negotiations to sign to WWE like Prince Devitt?

Sting vs Undertaker is F'N HUGE DEAL! Trips probably still crying Sting only wants a match with Taker. But hey Trips you got a year to plan how your gonna try and out book the match and proclaim your the measuring stick and diamond etc.

After watching Sting just recently in TNA and knowing Taker is only in the condition to work one match a year, that to is often doubted. I'm not to stoked for this match.

Sting has gotten somewhat sloppy in the ring with his Scorpion Deathlock looking somewhat pathetic recently. Taker I think has been protected well by giving him really good wrestlers who can help carry him for a lot of the match, which I doubt Sting can do.

I still think this match can happen if Sting improves to the level it takes to face Undertaker by the time WM rolls around next year because it's something that has been rumored for a long time and the fact that this is actually one of the bigger matches WWE could pull off right now for the streak.

Losing to the Taker in your final match is no problem for ex HBK but I think Sting having just one match with in the WWE, ever, and losing it just doesn't look good and we all know Taker isn't going to be beat by Sting. If he does go for Undertaker he needs to get one or two big wins before losing.

I actually wouldn't mind something like Sting vs Undertaker 1 at Survivor Series. Have Sting cut promo after promo after debuting all focusing on calling the Undertaker out but making no mention of the streak. Have Sting win (maybe not cleanly...turn him heel) and then have Undertaker vow revenge but Sting decline saying he proved he is better...then Undertaker offers a shot at the streak and no one turns that down.

BOOM! I'm sold.

I know a lot of people have said Sting is sloppy in the ring, but he had it pretty easy in TNA. He didn't have to work much and he didn't have to put on great performances. You put this guy in a training ring, have him work up his cardio, trim off some of the fat, he will put on a fantastic match.

No he and Taker won't put on the most technically sound match. But this match isn't about true wrestling. These 2 guys are the best in terms of storytelling. Give this match a year to maturate and it will be one of the biggest matches in WM history.

My only problem is where and when they bring Sting in. I had said Wrestlemania 30, but that would take the sails out of an already unpredictable title match. The WWE would show their hand if they put Taker/Lesnar on last.

Maybe Undertaker makes an appearance on RAW the night after? Maybe the WWE makes up Taker retirement rumors that Monday, only for Sting to come in right as RAW closes. Staring Undertaker down right as he was about to say he is retiring.

However, I won't believe Sting is coming until I literally see the guy at a WWE event. If all this is for nothing and Sting doesn't sign.....again, then this happening is truly over.

Frankly I have never wanted or had any interest in a sting/taker match. the only feud/match I would have enjoyed for sting that never really happened would have been a sting/bret hart feud. scorpion deathlock vs sharpshooter, who's is better?
Sting has nothing in common on which to compare/rate him against Undertaker except for his similar loyalty to the company that made him a star. Maybe in the 90's a sting taker match could have done well, but we saw better versions of this with Taker vs Bret. The only tie they have is the ridiculous imaginary one as each was portrayed as their companies most loyal figure and the 'dark, mysterious' figure in black.
At this point in time, Taker skills have degraded that he would not be able to bring out anything from Sting, and Sting now frankly is a shadow o himself.
It's like trying to bring together two actors who were at their box office peak 15 years or more ago and hoping they'll draw interest based on name recognition alone without any substance or effort left in either of them. (see the stallone/arnie abomination that is the escape plan or the last lethal weapon movie, the last die hard movie, so many options...) The business has changed and people want more and different things out of their actors then they did when those older guys were at the top. And wrestling has changed and Sting's ridiculously overly lengthy foray into the insulting rip off of Brandon Lee's Crow should have ended at least a decade ago.

So my hope for Stings WWE future? I hope there isn't one, aside from a HOF induction at the most. I never want to see him in a WWE ring, or any ring for that matter as each time he does wrestler just makes me think of how far he's fallen. Taker might only have one Match a Year, but at least he can still hold up his end of the match, Sting isn't able to do that anymore. Perhaps if he didn't try so often, he could put more effort into fewer performances. He's also about 7-10 years older then Taker and is approaching 60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back