• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ratings for yesterday's Raw 8/17/15

Crocker

Dark Match Winner
Did John Cena's Return, The Undertaker And Brock Lesnar Help This Week's WWE RAW Viewers?

Monday's episode of WWE RAW, featuring the final build SummerSlam with John Cena's return, The Undertaker, Brock Lesnar and others, drew 3.777 million viewers. This is down from last week's 3.838 million viewers, which did not feature Undertaker, Lesnar, or Cena.

For this week's show, the first hour drew 3.649 million viewers, the second hour drew 3.953 million viewers and the final hour drew 3.728 million viewers.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0818/599589/did-john-cena-return/

My point is that there an endless amount of people who constantly defend Cena because he's the biggest draw and such a big money maker.. well i'm trying to tell yall that nothing lasts forever; Cena's drawing power won't last forever. And this is a good example of it. 2 weeks prior to this the ratings were up and coincidentally Cena wasn't there. Now he's back, along with Lesnar and Taker, and ratings are down? And this is the go-home show we're talking about.

Its up to you how you interpret these trends.. I mean one week it MIGHT be a coincidence, but for 3 weeks in a row? Cena is obviously not the draw that people make him out to be ANYMORE. Remember that report of his merchandise sales dropping and Vince panicing? Don't blame me for trying to end the endless Cena praising by Bernkastel, Spidamite, and a few others..

Want to actually analyse ratings to determine the worth of a single person on screen? Send me a spreadsheet containing everything you could possibly think of that could have an effect on the ratings for the past year, then go back and add in the 50 odd variables you'll inevitably forget since you don't seem to know what affects the ratings on a weekly basis.
Do that and I'll happily do a full statistical report on how big a draw Cena is.

Well that's your opinion and you can't force others to think the way you do. There more people who like Cena than those who hate him and this shows. You're the only one that consistently rambles about how Cena sucks and stuff. Bernkastel, Spidamite and few others are numerically more than Crocker and Best_Sports_Entertainer.

I think it is consistently the same thing with Crocker. This forum is recovering from a John Cena hatred rant from I Hate Cena. Constant bashing threads that generates the same responses over and over again. We get it that people hate Cena and others defend him. It is never ending and truly tiresome.

Move on with it Crocker. We get that you hate Cena. We. Get. It.

Well. Somebody doesn't like Cena. Unbelievable. They explained why they don't like Cena. Wow. It seems like I've been reading the same shit for ten years. Cena sucks. Cena is great. I guess the haters have grown just as much as the wrestler.

People are ignoring the point of this thread.. this thread is not to hate on Cena like many are perceiving it to be.. its to prove that Cena is no longer the almighty draw that he once was in 2005. He's getting up there in age and obviously people are tiring of him. Also there was a report of his merchandise sales dropping a little. Sure he's still a draw but nowhere near as big as he was in 2005..

This recent ratings trend proves it all

People are ignoring the point of this thread.. this thread is not to hate on Cena like many are perceiving it to be.. its to prove that Cena is no longer the almighty draw that he once was in 2005. He's getting up there in age and obviously people are tiring of him. Also there was a report of his merchandise sales dropping a little. Sure he's still a draw but nowhere near as big as he was in 2005..

By the logic of this thread Brock Lesnar and Undy aren't draws either.

The ratings trend from ten years ago? Great. What were the top shows and draws from ten years ago? I bet they are either off TV or not what they used to be.

Hmm maybe you guys havent considered that people tuned out because of Cena's advertised return? Because the past two weeks ratings were up from the previous weeks(Lesnar was on one of these shows), and when he returns the ratings go back to normal. Last week had Stephen Amell and Daniel Bryan advertised returns. This week had Lesnar and Undertaker and Cena.. so have yall considered that DB and Stephen Amell are just slightly bigger draws than the stale Taker vs Lesnar feud and Cena? DB is a severely underrated draw. Whenever he is advertised ratings do not disappoint, its happened several times already. I remember at one point his feud with Kane was outdrawing Shield vs Evolution in terms of viewership and ratings. But I know Bernkastel being the mark for Kane will give all that credit to Kane :)

Hmm maybe you guys havent considered that people tuned out because of Cena's advertised return? Because the past two weeks ratings were up from the previous weeks(Lesnar was on one of these shows), and when he returns the ratings go back to normal. Last week had Stephen Amell and Daniel Bryan advertised returns. This week had Lesnar and Undertaker and Cena.. so have yall considered that DB and Stephen Amell are just slightly bigger draws than the stale Taker vs Lesnar feud and Cena? DB is a severely underrated draw. Whenever he is advertised ratings do not disappoint, its happened several times already. I remember at one point his feud with Kane was outdrawing Shield vs Evolution in terms of viewership and ratings. But I know Bernkastel being the mark for Kane will give all that credit to Kane :)

Yeah... I don't think you understand how drawing power is supposed to work. How long has it been since we've seen Daniel Bryan on a live show?

What? Have you been living under a rock or something? Ratings hardly dip or increase on recurring wrestlers. Lesnar, Cena and even Undertaker are still recurring wrestlers. It's been the case for ages.

Yeah... I don't think you understand how drawing power is supposed to work. How long has it been since we've seen Daniel Bryan on a live show?

A few years ago the Daniel Bryan vs Kane program was drawing more viewers than Evolution vs Shield.. that is simply a miracle due to the star power and hype of the Shield vs Evolution feud.

I'm pretty sure that Cena had butthole relations with Crocker's mom and never called her again after.

My point is that there an endless amount of people who constantly defend Cena because he's the biggest draw and such a big money maker
He is. He's also the best worker in the company as well.

Cena's drawing power won't last forever. And this is a good example of it. 2 weeks prior to this the ratings were up and coincidentally Cena wasn't there. Now he's back, along with Lesnar and Taker, and ratings are down? And this is the go-home show we're talking about.
Hmm maybe you guys havent considered that people tuned out because of Cena's advertised return?
Wait wait wait...let me see if I understand your stupidity correctly.

You explain a 1.5% drop in week to week ratings following the best viewership of the summer as evidenced by fans tuning out for Cena's advertised return, but NOT because of the Lesnar vs. Undertaker main-event. You claim this despite the fact Cena's segment ended the second hour of Raw, which saw the highest ratings of the night AND did better viewership than last week's second hour.

Is that correct?

I mean one week it MIGHT be a coincidence
Ratings are not static, they go up and down all the time. The hour Cena concluded did the best viewership.

You blaming Cena reeks of stupidity. Which, I understand, is par for the course from you.

My point is that there an endless amount of people who constantly defend Cena because he's the biggest draw and such a big money maker.. well i'm trying to tell yall that nothing lasts forever; Cena's drawing power won't last forever. And this is a good example of it. 2 weeks prior to this the ratings were up and coincidentally Cena wasn't there. Now he's back, along with Lesnar and Taker, and ratings are down? And this is the go-home show we're talking about.

Its up to you how you interpret these trends.. I mean one week it MIGHT be a coincidence, but for 3 weeks in a row? Cena is obviously not the draw that people make him out to be ANYMORE. Remember that report of his merchandise sales dropping and Vince panicing? Don't blame me for trying to end the endless Cena praising by Bernkastel, Spidamite, and a few others..

SO you're saying Seth Rollins cant draw....because he has been World Champion and focal point of these episodes and the numbers aren't good ? OK does that mean you want Rollins to lose the belt at S-Slam ??

CLEARLY you are saing Taker & Lesnar are not draws. Are you advocating WWE stop using Lesnar ??

In 2005 HHH was the biggest star and biggest draw.....

Yet is was Cena that had the highest rated segment of the show this week correct ? and ratings fell significantly after his segment right ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back