• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ranking The WWE Titles

So with the recent mis-use of the United States Championship & Divas Title, I wanted to see how each individual would rank the WWE title belts!

You can decide your own criteria, If you think one has more value or legacy? If WWE does or does not use a title to it's full potential? If you think one looks cooler than the other?

Whatever your reasoning, I simply ask you to support your claim!
Just tell me why you ranked them the way you did.

Also finally after ranking the current titles, is there any title you would prefer to get rid of all together or switch out for a past or even a new title belt?

Note: Just to clarify, facing John Cena or having the last name Cena, is NOT some kind of title belt and does not make you a champion or the main event.(Except in WWE's eyes ofcourse.)

1.) WWE Championship - The stable of all title belts in the WWE. To quote a great man, "The focus at the end of every RAW should be on the WWE Champion!"
2.) Intercontinental Championship - With the WHC being such a "2nd Tier" world title and the IC going back to RAW full time, I feel like the IC title still garnishes alot of respect amongst the young guys and is still a stable in fortelling the next world champion/main player in WWE.
3.) World Heavyweight Championship - Still valued but MUCH LESS. It just shows that Vince thinks of this belt as "That WCW" belt that still hangs around.
4.) Tag Team Championships - I am happy this is so high, but only because the others are so low. They still need to improve the division far beyond AW and the PTP.
5.) Internet Championship - Some may argue this is not a WWE title. But between the constant promotions for all the social media & all the wars of words happening on all those sites, this seems like a much more relevant TV title.
6.) United States Championship - It's just a joke now. Not defended, not really seen, not really important.
7.) Divas Championship - I think Layla is still champion...right? Look, I am no sexist but this whole division is pointless right now. And now no Kharma to look forward too?!

I think the Internet title should replace the U.S. title as a "joke" or fun title. And if they want a 2nd serious mid-card title, why not bring back European Championship? Or even the Cruiserweight title, if they ever make that show.

1). WWE title: Is and will always be the top draw, period. I can't ever remember a time where any title overshadowed the WWE. The closest it ever came was when HHH was hogging the WHC, and that's being generous to the WHC.

2). WHC title: Regardless of how people feel about this one, it is the world title, and WWE treats it much better than the IC title (that's for the OP. IC title is cool, but it can't outrank the WHC.) Just look at Sheamus's booking in the last couple of months. The WHC is below the WWE title for sure, but it is no. 2 without question.

3). IC title: Since the inception of the US title and the initial relaxing of the brand split, I always felt that the US title did at times overshadow this one, but thanks to Cody, Miz, Christian and others, the IC title has reclaimed its dominance over the US title and cements itself as the official 2nd place prize of WWE. Booker even mentioned on commentary that he feels the IC outranks the US.

4). Tag Titles: Thanks to Kofi/Truth, Air Boom and PTP, I feel the Tag Titles have slowly regained their worth as of late. And didn't the tag title match headline a TLC back when DX had it?

5). US title: Booking killed this title, not Santino. End of story

6). Diva's title: Since when has WWE given 2 shits about the divas post-Kharma? They squashed the PinUpStrong storyline, moved AJ past the division, made Naomi a dancer, lost Michelle/Maryse/Mickie/Melina and now Kharma is apparently gone. This thing just feels like a prop for Layla nowadays.

My ranking of the WWE Titles are exactly the same as Da Solo's. My reasons are as follows:

1.) WWE Championship - With it being named after the company, the WWE Championship is without a doubt, the most prestigious championship in its business, despite it being "John Cena's Championship".
2.) World Heavyweight Championship - Despite it being the WWE Championship's counterpart, let's face it, the World Heavyweight Championship will always be the WWE's Number Two Title. As I've said in my first post, it's currently the new Intercontinental Championship in terms of prestige.
3.) Intercontinental Championship - Previously in danger of losing its prestige, the WWE can safely secure the Intercontinental Championship's rank as the main mid-card title. Brought back to its classic look by Cody Rhodes, established superstars like him, Christian and The Miz have/are currently fighting for it. And like I've said in my first post, it's currently the new United States Championship in terms of prestige.
4.) WWE Tag Team Championships - With reports that the WWE is currently revamping its tag team division, the WWE Tag Team Championships are currently next in rank.
5.) United States Championship - Despite it supposedly being ahead of the WWE Tag Team Championships, the United States Championship has lost its prestige in its own right. In fact, it's not being defended in recent memory. The only reason why the Intercontinental Championship Title was chosen to be defended on Raw 1000 was because it has given us prestigious matches with prestigious superstars, especially Christian. Currently, it's the new Cruiserweight Championship in terms of prestige.
6.) Divas Championship - No matter much it's pushed, the Divas Championship will always be the lowest-ranking championship in the company today.

If there's any title that the WWE should be rid of, it's the World Heavyweight Championship. Like what most people have said, unify it with the WWE Championship as the company's brand extension has been long dead and the fact that the WHC will always take a back seat behind the WWEC. TNA only has one main championship, why can't the WWE?

I was going to say that the WWE should switch the WWE Tag Team and Divas Championships with the World Tag Team and Women's Championships respectively, but the WWE needs to promote their name and the name they wish their female wrestlers to be called, so there's no need for switches.

Saying "prestige" and "prestigious" at least five times has left a bad taste in my mouth.

1.) WWE Championship- Number one title on the number one brand. Held by the top guys in the business.

2.) World Heavyweight Championship- Second to the WWE Championship after the HHH-Batista era. 18 second matches and being on Smackdown are why this belt is second.

3.) Intercontinental Title-2nd tier title with more credibility than the U.S Championship. Christian, Cody, and now the Miz have brought legitimacy to the title.

4.) WWE Tag Team Championship- Making a comeback but the Tag Titles are far from what they use to be. Also, would they please get rid of those awful looking belts?

5.) United States Championship- Santino, really? Should really put the belt back on a guy like Swagger.

6.) Divas Championship- Who is actually left in the Diva's division? Layla, Beth, Natalya, Eve and who else....

In my opinion

1- WWE title. To me this has always been THE title not just in the E but in the business. I hated it when the WHC was the main title during the Triple H era.
2- Intercontinental. Again always in my opinion been a very prestigious championship. Some bad booking and undeserved title reigns have not helped it in the last... 12 years at least! But finally it appears to be getting back to the level it deserves and is becoming the title I remember from my childhood.
3- WHC. In my opinion is and will always be a WCW castoff and I still feel it is not needed. However it's still a world title and still ranks above the other 2 titles I am about to mention.
4- United States- Another WCW cast off and appears to be treated like 1. Jack Swaggers reign could have been so much better and as much as I like Santino his reign seems pointless. Needs a serious revamp or get rid.
5- Divas. About as much value as a piece of tin. Seriously did anyone really expect to see Kharma with a butterfly belt?

1.) WWE Championship- it the WWE belt it will always be the no.1 championship the biggest draws belt

2.) World Heavyweight Championship- only exists because of the brand extension vince still sees this belt as the WCW one he will never let it become bigger than WWE (needs to get rid of it there no brand extension now so why have it)

3.) Intercontinental Title- like WWE one it WWE mid card table belt used to mean a lot more than it does now. it used to be the championship of the best wrestler on the card and another good reason for getting rid of world belt it took it place as 2nd most important championship it needs be be what it used to be again it coming back with guys like Christian, Cody etc.. holding it but until WWE unifies the WWE and world belt it wont be

4.) United States Championship-WCWs mid card belt also only exists because of the brand extension but a toy and Vince uses it to get more kicks in at WCW i mean come on Santino been champ how long now he a joke i like him but not a champion

5.) Tag team Champions- ugly belt means nothing to WWE now it the same as IC used to mean the world nowit nothing

6.) Divas Championship- i like the divas div but it needs revamped bring back the womans championship it more respectful to them the divas championship would of worked in attitude era not now in pg. it also needs more real wrestlers to bulk it back up

1.) WWE championship- still the most "prestigious" championship in the wwe. This is Vince's own championship and represents his success. Which is why the WHC will never surpass it in value.
2.) Intercontinental championship- the fact that this title has had so many legends hold it will always give it the advantage over the US title in my book. And with two former world champions fighting over it, the title actually has meaning. I think that in the next few years this will completely out value the WHC. While guys like Orton and Sheamus will still be after the WHC. The IC title will be somewhat of a benchmark for guys the company sees something in. much like Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Steve Austin, Rock, and Triple H, most of the future IC champions will go on to become successful WWE champions.
3.) World Heavyweight Championship- As of right now, this could also be number 2 on this list but looking at the future, I see this championship falling in terms of value. It will never (hopefully) become what the US title has become but it will drop in value to the point in which people will tend to not care as much as they do now. right now I feel that this title is just the stepping stone to becoming the WWE champion. That is something that a world title should never be. Come to think of it, it seems like a title for people who were rushed and given the WWE title too early...Until WWE realizes that YES! this is a world title and it can stand on its own and doesn't need the WWE title's old scraps as it's champions it will continue to fall in value.
4.) Tag Team Championships- Not bad/Not great category for this one. I like that they are getting more tag teams but they should not throw together established singles stars as tag team partners. Kofi and Truth have to lose those titles and help out the US title hunt. PTP are the future for this division it seems but they are not really the most "established" team out there right now. Now the fastest way to help put them over as a real tag team would probably be beating an already established tag team. Maybe you could have one of those 4 team elimination matches at summerslam and have the New Age Outlaws come in as a suprise team. Kofi and Truth drop the titles and PTP gets the victory over NAO to become the tag champs. This could easily set up a feud between the two teams.
5.) Divas Championship- I know this division is pretty bad right now. But it can still save itself from remaining "piss break time". I say just throw us a bone and give us a beach bikini contest at summerslam where Beth Phoenix (or one of the two other divas they just signed) comes to destroy them all. Beginning her quest for the Divas Championship once again.
6.) US Championship- This championship is just god awful. It hasn't been defended in forever and will be the youtube free preview match for summerslam. What I think they should do with might bring it back into the main PPV card again. WWE reportedly is very high on Jinder Mahal. So I say have him take the belt off of Santino. The next night he comes out to talk about how much America sucks and how embarrassed he is to be holding their "worthless" belt. He then throws the US title away and introduces the "International" (just what I came up with, it should be something else) championship. most Americans will automatically hate him. Watching him defend the belt against various face's and come out on top will aggravate the fans to no extent.

That's my list but I do have a championship that I want to see return:

The Cruiserweight Championship: I think they have enough people to start this division and they could always bring others in. I think the perfect way to re-introduce this title would be by awarding it to...Heath Slater! The guy did great with the legends and this would be the perfect way to continue his roll. Opponents wouldn't consider him a real champion because he was awarded the belt and did not win it. Fans would hate him for always finding a way to win his matches. This could even go up until WM. He could come to the ring bragging about how he held the belt for 9 months. Rey could come out and challenge him for the belt in which he confidently accepts. Then rey beats him in 20 seconds flat, leading into a fued between the two post-WM. This would save the belt from becoming stale and it would be a cheap pop from the crowd.

I completely agree with this order.

1.) WWE Championship- it the WWE belt it will always be the no.1 championship the biggest draws belt

2.) World Heavyweight Championship- only exists because of the brand extension vince still sees this belt as the WCW one he will never let it become bigger than WWE (needs to get rid of it there no brand extension now so why have it)

3.) Intercontinental Title- like WWE one it WWE mid card table belt used to mean a lot more than it does now. it used to be the championship of the best wrestler on the card and another good reason for getting rid of world belt it took it place as 2nd most important championship it needs be be what it used to be again it coming back with guys like Christian, Cody etc.. holding it but until WWE unifies the WWE and world belt it wont be

4.) United States Championship-WCWs mid card belt also only exists because of the brand extension but a toy and Vince uses it to get more kicks in at WCW i mean come on Santino been champ how long now he a joke i like him but not a champion

5.) Tag team Champions- ugly belt means nothing to WWE now it the same as IC used to mean the world nowit nothing

6.) Divas Championship- i like the divas div but it needs revamped bring back the womans championship it more respectful to them the divas championship would of worked in attitude era not now in pg. it also needs more real wrestlers to bulk it back up

My criteria for the rankings are based on “value and legacy”, of course, in my own opinion. The appearance of the Championship is not important to me. The Spinner does look like a toy, but, well, let’s just get right into it.

1. WWE Championship – “The richest prize in the industry”. One becomes a Professional Sports Wrestling Entertainer with the goal of becoming the WWE Champion. There can’t be any debate about this, regardless of the appearance of the current WWE Championship Title Belt design. This Title signifies the Best of the Best. It may have not been portrayed that way all the time, but it is.

2. World Championship – Now, to me, this could be debatable. Ranking it at number 2 could be questionable. It may be more like # 1-B, instead of # 2. I, like others, still view this Title as the WCW Championship. I didn’t know / care about television ratings during the Monday Night Wars and always thought of WCW as the number 2 promotion. Simply put, # 2 promotions Top Title equals # 2 Title overall.

3. Intercontinental Championship – WWE’s original Mid-Card Championship. This was the stepping stone to the WWE Championship.

4. United States Championship – WCW’s original Mid-Card Championship. This was the stepping stone to the WCW Championship.

5. Unified WWE World Tag Team Championship – I am the type of SMark that always feud Tag Team Wrestling should be the first step to becoming a SuperStar. Then again, I started watching and paying attention during the Hart Foundation and the Rockers run in the WWE. I thought that the way the Hitman and the Heart Break Kid run was the “right” way to create a star. Therefore, I see the Tag Titles as first stop to superstardom.

6. Undisputed WWE Women’s / Divas – Okay, this is going to sound a little sexiest, but it’s a man’s “World Wrestling Entertainment”. It always has been, it always is, and it always will be. Yes, two of the greatest Divas have main evented Raw…and that’s it. It is what it is.

7. Internet Championship – If we have to rank this “Title”, then so be it. To me, this is just today’s version of the Million Dollar Championship. The WWE and Mattel even put out a Zack Ryder action figure, complete with Internet Championship. A sign of things to come, or a special request made by the Long Island Iced Z?? Either way, it’s an unsanctioned Championship. I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again. I’d like to see this Title defended on all of WWE’s internet shows, like NXT or SuperStars, or any other WWE web show.

I would never get rid of any of the current Titles. I would, however, like to see the return of the following Championships, just to have them around:

ECW Championship
European Championship
Hardcore Championship
Light Heavyweight Championship
Cruiserweight Championship
Million Dollar Championship

“I love GGGGOOOOLLLLDDDD…isn’t that vierd??” Goldmember – 2002.

The IC belt cannot be #2 as long as 2 heavyweight championships exist. MITB participants are not fighting for an IC briefcase. The Royal Rumble winner has never cashed in their WrestleMania title shot on the IC title. When is the last time the IC championship match has main evented an episode of Raw or Smackdown let alone a PPV? It is not treated as the second most prestigious title in the company because it is NOT the second most prestigious title in the company, and that's the bottom line.

1 - WWE. Pretty straight forward, it holds the name of the top wrestling company on earth

2 - World Heavyweight . Anything that is WORLD something holds prestige for something, it may be in a little bit of a slump right now with Daniel Bryan and Sheamus being the last two holders, but still good

3 - Intercontinental. People going on about Miz and Christian bringing prestige back to it, I think that Cody did the most for that by bringing back to old title design (even though I have said for ages that this design was the best looking title belt in WWE today)
icbelt2.gif

4 - Tag Team. The tag division is weak these days, but with rumours that PTP are going to take them, it should be interesting.

5 - Divas. Same as Tag division, but let's just hope that WWE has something up their sleeve to make it good

6 - United States. Santino is champion, that's all you need to say. I also think that the holder of the U.S Title should be AMERICAN. Give it to ANYONE you want, just make sure that he came from America. If you want, create an International title or something to give to one of the foreigners

I want to note before I get vitriol and my intelligence insulted that this is purely MY PERSONAL FEELINGS on where the titles rank. The realities my be different but to ME, this is where I see it.

1. Intercontinental Championship - Now we all know that this obviously isn't the main title in the company, but it's lineage and heritage can not be disputed. Basically anybody who is anybody has held this title on their way to being the main man and that puts this belt in a league of its own. You don't get to the top generally until you prove that you can handle this belt and do so properly. This used to be known as the "Work Horse" title because the guy holding it was the one going out and putting on the longest and generally most crowd pleasing match of the night, and doing so day in and day out. It really meant something to hold this title and it showed that you were more than just a profitable figure, you were the best actual wrestler in the company. I think it's worth noting as well that this actually IS a heavyweight title, it says it right on the belt, the Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship. In it's prime it was at least equal to the WWF World Championship, and when Ultimate Warrior beat Hogan as the IC champion, that showed it. This has always and will always be my favorite belt, by far.

2. Wold Heavyweight Championship - Pure and simple, HISTORY. This belt is ACTUALLY the NWA title and that puts quite bit more stock in it. Consider the greats who have held it, all the years that this has been a top prize in the business, the fact that it went on to be the WCW Heavyweight title which bestowed a great deal more prestige on it. The Undertaker didn't call it his Holy Grail for no reason. Back in the day, the NWA champion was recognized as the true wrestling heavyweight champion, hands down, doesn't matter what company you work for. If you held the big gold, you were the man, and you were the best in the world for real. It may not enjoy the same status in WWE for obvious reasons, but it's been touted as the top prize in the company at different times depending on who held it and on what brand it was being defended. History however dictates that this is probably THEE most valuable and prestigious title in the world.

3. The WWE Championship - While the WWE Championship enjoys the luxury of being the top prize in the biggest wrestling company in the world, and having quite a history of it's own, it hasn't always been recognized as being the top prize in the business, or in the WWE itself. This belt has suffered devaluation over the years for many different reasons, and whether it's a big deal to some or not, it DOES look like a cheap toy. All that bling doesn't necessarily compensate for it being a cheap looking belt either. When it looks like you went to Jacob the Jeweler to get your title, something is wrong. The two big eagle designs were beautiful, and they really spoke to the grandeur of this title. It has however fallen down like the WWE's stock quite a ways and needs to be built back up. Luckily you've got a guy like CM Punk holding it right now, making it seem like it's important again, but for a long time now it HAS been just a prop, not the greatest prize in all of wrestling. Still, it is the main featured belt right now, and so it could never go any lower than this. The fact that it says "WWE" on it and everything that comes with the history of the WWE makes it one of the biggest titles in history and some would argue that THIS is the most prestigious title in wrestling history.

4. United States Championship - The US title was really something to behold in its heyday. Back in WCW this thing was beautiful and some felt that it was even better looking and more meaningful than the IC title (although those folks may have been few and far between, it had a major fan base). This belt doesn't have as much history as the top 3 but it does have quite a storied history for being the youngest of these top titles. Run down the list of names who held it, the matches fought for it, all of this going back to WCW mind you not just it's existence in WWE, and this is a meaningful title by it's history. Unfortunately few title have suffered a devaluation like this one. Entertaining or not, when Santino Marella is seriously supposed to be your US champion after names like Goldberd, Booker T, DDP, Bret Hart, etc... There is something rotten in Denmark. I also think the current incarnation is not very good looking either which hurts it. It doesn't look like a serious title, it looks like a toy. The original, now that was a championship someone could be proud of.

5. Tag Team and Divas Championships - I put these on the same level here because they are roughly on the same level. No one seems to really care who has them or what is going on around them, they look awful, their histories have been greatly tarnished, and they are of basically no benefit to the company other than being able to call someone or some team "Champions". The old tag team titles meant something for a long time, but somewhere along the way (I'm looking at you AE) they just stopped being important and it just kept getting worse. The tag titles really developed a great history but fell off not too long after establishing it, while the womens/divas title was built up to a credible place at one time and fell off later down the road since it was a younger title technically. It's a shame tag team wrestling is where it is after the days of old, and that the womens wrestling simple doesn't get treated seriously and is of little importance or relevance as a result. At one time they both meant something and while never being grand prizes, they actually elevated people.

I don't think any titles should be brought back. They ones that are gone are gone for a reason, they weren't needed, they were overkill. Stick with what you've got, hell even unify your mid-card and main event titles to create more competition and a greater sense or rarity to increase the value of the belts themselves, everything that leads to someone getting one, and the reigns they have with them.

What I think is should be ranked;
1.) WWE Championship - It is and always should be the top. to bad it looks like shit now. the spinner was ok but time has stopped for the belt and the spinning
2.) World Heavyweight Championship - another belt with a great history should be #2 only for the reason that even though you own it now it should not be above your original world title.
3.) Intercontinental Championship - I think this belt probably has the best legacy with great matches and wrestlers who have held it. No major celebrities have held it or tarnished it. This could be#2 if they knew how to use is still.
4.) Tag Team Championships - Anther one with a great legacy and had alot of impact of wrestling. I remember when WWE/F superstars wanted to be tag champs and know there is alomost no thought or care for them.
5.) United States Championship -Now a days this title isn’t shit. But in WCW it meant something and it too had a lot of legends to hold the title. But I don’t think it carried epic matches and game changes as the Intercontental and Tag Team did.
6.) Divas Championship - all have to say is WTF.

How WWE Ranks them;
1) John Cena- I didn’t know he himself was a belt but I think they consider him as one.
2) WWE Title- Is their world title should be #1.
3) Divas- How many times have we seen this title defended before the WWE title? I feel sorry for all the other belts.
4) Intercontinental title- I do agree is should be a #3 belt just not behind the divas title.
5) World Hvy- I was actually going to put this a lot lower almost dead last because of the wrestle mania match last year and how it’s been the first title defended for several ppv's now. But the wrestlers that have held it helped and I couldn’t do that so some of the legends.
6) US title- I know Santino has the belt but at least he is relevant and on tv on daily
Divas- this is on before tag team because it is defended before the wwe title. Why? I have no idea. The people holding it is not even relevant nor the matches and make the title relevant.
Tag team- They are defended in dark matches on PPV's. They throw random tag team together and when you think when is going great they burry them. I don’t think they know what they are doing or are supposed to do.

Okay, I'm going to rank the titles based on the wrestlers who have held them in the last couple of years and what they did with the exposure of being a champion. I think it's best to avoid trying to dissect Vince McMahon's decisions or attempting to rank the titles based on the general opinion of a vocal minority of internet wrestling fans. I'm judging the titles on how valuable holding that particular championship is at this moment in time. If you've been watching WWE for the past few years, I would hope that you'd agree with my rankings.

WWE Championship: I rank this title the highest because it has maintained its reputation as an elite class of wrestlers. Every WWE Champion has made a significant mark during their time as the title holder. Furthermore, the history of the WWE Title is incredibly rich and is a who's who of wrestling's top stars and nothing less.

World Heavyweight Championship: The second most prestigious championship in WWE carries with it the legacy of the WCW, for better and for worse. This title has graced the waists of wrestling legends, as well as undeserving celebrities and backstage manipulators. The unimpressive title reigns of Ziggler and Swagger in recent memory hurt the prestige of this title.

Intercontinental Championship: Recently this title has represented a class of trailblazing wrestlers working their way to the top of the card. Lately it has served as a marker of who is ascending into the main event title scene in WWE, or as an opportunity for main eventers like Christian, Rey Mysterio or Chris Jericho to hold gold and work with up and coming midcarders.

United States Championship: While some view this title as somewhat meaningless, it is actually the true midcard championship and a fine one. Holding the United States Title represents standing out from the pack, connecting with fans on your own accord, and showing promise for future greatness. Zack Ryder, Kofi Kingston and Santino Marella personify this title.

Divas Championship: While the focus on the Divas division is seriously lacking, holding this title means that a woman will get featured in longer matches and on pay per view events. It has an impressive lineage but not too many notable champions in the past few years.

Tag Team Championship: This championship features the most unremarkable list of names, including many talents who no longer wrestle in WWE or are currently jobbing consistently. They definitely need to overhaul the tag team division, because this title should rank much higher.

Ok, before I give my list, I want to give this little caveat:

I'm viewing the World title as basically the NWA/WCW title. I know it's technically a separate title but for all intents and purposes, it's the NWA/WCW title.

So, with that said:

WWE Championship: Most prestigious championship in the history of professional wrestling. This is what everyone is gunning for and this is a how a guy knows he "made it." Many legendary superstar have held this title.

World Heavyweight Championship: Has lost prestigious and is definitely the "second tier" world championship belt but in the end it's still the "big gold belt" and has the NWA and WCW title's lineage. Is definitely above the midcard titles.

Intercontinental Title: Starting to get some prestige and interest back. I love the old style of the belt. This belt has a storied history and I think more midcarders want this belt over the US title. Has stuck around through thick and thin and several incarnations.

Tag Team Titles: The look of these belts is an utter disgrace. That said, the tag team division is getting better and these titles are gaining back their relevance.

US Title: Totally irrelevant and is literally a prop.

Divas title: Do these girls really need a belt? Bring the Women's title and have people actually wrestle for it.

1. WWE Title - The oldest, most prestigious title.

2. World Heavyeight Championship - Similar to the WCW title, I remember when it was as important as the WWE title and at times seemed more prestigious esp during 2002-2004 period when Triple H held it along with Evolution. But handing the title to undeserving talent or using it to push talent + meaningless reigns affected it's prestige.

3. IC championship - I remember when winning the IC championship was such a big deal esp during the attitude era with Rock, SCSA, HHH. It was also very prestigious when Orton held it for 9 months and then Edge won it. Sadly passing the title around like a bong to every tom, dick & harry has killed it's prestige

4. US championship - Guys like the great Eddie Guerrero, Big Show and esp Cena did an awesome job in bringing the title some prestige but the same thing that happened to the IC title has happened to the US title.

5. Tag Titles - Once considered very prestigious, the last great tag team to hold the title were Jeri Show (I think). But it's prestige was badly affected even before then. WWE's current tag division sucks hence Tag titles have lost their importance

6. Divas - Again, the Divas division is a joke now ad the last time the DC seemed relavant was when LayCool had it

7.NXT Championship

And Internet Championship? Really? It's a joke. Just like Zack Ryder

7.NXT Championship
My fault for leaving this new title out. I would rank it about equal to the Divas title. Both have little to no history and don't really get solid feuds/storylines.

If there's any title that the WWE should be rid of, it's the World Heavyweight Championship. Like what most people have said, unify it with the WWE Championship as the company's brand extension has been long dead and the fact that the WHC will always take a back seat behind the WWEC. TNA only has one main championship, why can't the WWE?

I agree with this and this is partially why I ranked the IC title over the WHC.

The IC title has had alot longer reigns, longer & better matches, and the IC title basically tells you who Vince wants to be the next "guy" for WWE.

It has become WAY too apparent, IMO, that the WHC is just their when they travel or something and need another belt. I almost feel like Vince himself made a speech on how it is an "old WCW" title and it's a pure side attraction. Just because Sheamus has been booked dominant, that doesn't make the belt any more meaningful to me, especially since he has been booked in the same, boring, stale, arse, fashion.

How can we be expected to care or respect a title belt that seems like the owner of the company doesn't even care about?!

And Internet Championship? Really? It's a joke. Just like Zack Ryder
And I COMPLETELY agree. And that's why it should replace the US title! The US title is a joke now anyways and a title representing the Internet and Social Media would be WAY MORE relevant in today's WWE.

Also I LOVE the idea of starting every INTERNET (There is that word again) pre-show with this belt!

I vote to disband the US title. Sanction the Internet title and have it open almost every pre-show. Then bring back the cruiserweight title and have it open almost all the PPV's!

WWE is currently the top title for sure since it is the RAW title. I still think the World Title is still the next one but it is not nearly as important as it once was. It is still more important than the IC title. After that, they are all the same right now. all are poorly used and not really pushed. they could disappear and it would be a long time before most people noticed they were gone.

And as for the US title only being on Americans, that is incredibly racist. So HBK shouldn't have had the European title? Bret Hart shouldn't have been a US Champ? maybe they should make the WWE title for Amercians only and the rest can fight over the World title. but then again, we couldn't exclude American wrestlers from the World Title picture, could we. sounds dumb, doesn't it? It represents a region, not a type of wrestler. That's why back in the old days, you had a Mid-West title, Texas title, etc. they represented wrestling in an area. you need to grow up a little.

by the way, Santino is actually from Toronto area.

1. WWE Championship - Extremely Important
By a rather large margin, this is the most important championship within the federation. The two world titles are meant to be viewed as identical in importance within kayfabe, but this has consistently been closing more shows and booked to appear more valuable for the past couple of years. More guys who can be argued to be world title material have held this belt, compared to the World Heavyweight Championship which comes off more as a chance to see what someone who may not quite be world title material can bring to the table.

2. World Heavyweight Championship - Somewhat Important
It was once nearly on par with the WWE Championship in terms of kayfabe'd importance, and felt that way for years, but with the way this title has been booked in the past couple of years it is very clearly the #2 championship. It's seen quite an interesting list of wrestlers who have held it, including a couple who NEVER would have been a World Champion if only one of the two world titles existed. Still a very important belt, but not at the level it was 3 or more years ago.

3. Intercontinental Championship - Neutral
This is the most important of the midcard belts. For one, it gets booked to be held by consistently better wrestlers, and secondly they even brought back the retro design of the belt for a nostalgic reminder of what it once was. It shows that WWE want to make this title relevant again. While it was not treated with the attention it deserved for most of the past several years, it's slowly gaining attention again.

4. Tag Team Championship - Unimportant
The titles themselves look like giant pennies and represent a division that has been on life support for a good while. WWE does seem to be trying to do something with them. It could be worse, at least Air Truth are decent choices for champions and WWE are doing something positive with the titles, to an extent, with this division. That is why it outranks the final two belts in my list.

5. United States Championship - A Joke
This belt has become meaningless lately. Swagger did absolutely NOTHING with it, it could have been used to elevate Ryder but nothing really came out of that either. Now who holds it? SANTINO. The biggest joke on the entire roster is holding a midcard title, and he has held it for months. I can understand a brief run to thank someone for the work they have put into their angles over the years, but this is ridiculous. The belt loses value with every day that Santino holds it, and it had lost a great amount of importance before he even won it.

6. Divas Championship - Worthless
The butterfly is dead last. This belt was only relevant for a year or so, then the divisions merged and it got unified with the much more prestigious Womens Championship. It's no secret that the divas division is treated terribly. When girls like Natalya or Beth who can actually WRESTLE are in the title feuds against each other, while all of the barbie princesses are managers or no longer wrestling for the title, THAT is when the division can improve. The cheesy design of the belt also represents how low it has fallen in quality since the days of Lita and Trish. I don't see this EVER changing at the moment. Santino could hold the US Championship for a decade, the Divas Championship would still be worse by then unless they change the division's biggest flaw, the lack of pushes for female WRESTLERS.

EDIT: As for bringing back any titles or getting rid of any that are currently in use.... I would not bring back any of the deactivated titles other than perhaps the Womens Championship. Have Beth or Natalya win the Divas Championship then come out wearing the Womens Championship saying that the real championship is back for the girls who can actually WRESTLE, and then they throw away or even destroy the butterfly belt. That'd be a great moment for the division. None of the other former titles REALLY need to come back. MAYBE the Cruiserweight CHampionship, if they got rid of the US Championship. Santino's reign has killed the US belt anyhow, and the high flyers would put on endless entertaining opening mathes for their own title.

Obviously my list begins as follows; WWE, WHC, IC in that order. The tag titles are gaining a little moment as are the Prime Time Players, who look primed to win the belts soon, stripping them off Kofi and R-Truth who've given the belts a little rub. Little rub.

As for the US and Divas titles, there's zero booking for them. Granted there haven't been much build for the IC title, but keeping it on bigger names has allowed it to remain relevant. Anyway, I can't recall the last time Santino defended his belt. But even when he does again, it won't create any buzz because it's hard to take a belt held by a comedic relief act seriously. This belt in my opnion would serve a better purpose as a bit of a cruiserweight title allowing guys like Kidd, Gabriel, Hunico, or what have you to get five minutes of solid wrestling on a three hour program.

WWE title - goes without saying. The most prestigious title in the sport. Even when WCW was equal wrestlers still aspired to win the WWE title.

World Heavyweight title - Definitely the lesser of the two World titles, but still has a lot of history and is viewed as the number 2 title belt.

IC title - has lost a lot of its luster since the old days, but if the right person held it and defended it regularly it could become an important title again. I still view it as the number 3 title.

Tag Team titles - A ton of history, but has obviously been misused for the longest time. There has been a glimmer of hope for it with the Prime Time Players being in the mix with AW, but it still has ways to go yet before it returns to its former glory.

US title/Divas title - i couldn't pick one over the other here as both are pretty insignificant. Santino never defends the US title, and I had to think as to who the Divas Champ even was.

I would bring back the Women's title and dump the Divas title, and I could see bringing back the Crusierweight belt if the got rid of the US title. I have said this a lot on here that the titles need to be defended regularly to have any significance.

Good thread.

The WWE Championship ranks atop the Universe, for obvious reasons. Since John Cena brought the WWE Title back to Raw it has been #1, no matter how brutally it has been mis-handled over the years. Currently CM Punk has done more to validate that title than just about anyone since the Attitude Era. Even when it's defended in the middle of every PPV, the WWE Title is still the top belt.

The World Heavyweight Championship comes next. There was a day when the likes of Triple H, Chris Benoit and Batista defended this belt for the Raw brand as THE Championship within in the WWE, however unlikely it may seem for a former WCW title to be the focus of a Vince McMahon product. But those days are long-since gone; lackluster reigns are all that remains. Sheamus is a decent Champion, but he's simply not as compelling when you KNOW he's going to win, and moreover you know HOW he's going to win every single time. At least when John Cena does it, he's got big enough star power to make it MODERATELY interesting...ish. The last really GREAT World Title reign was Mark Henry in late 2011.

Third up is the Intercontinental Championship, and it was a tough call. The bottom line is that it's being held by a former (and lengthy) WWE Champion, giving it more credibility than the (albeit fantastic) comedy jobber who holds the US Title. It's also, despite the brand split being all but dead, usually seen as Raw's mid-card Title. Raw is percieved bigger/better than Smackdown, therefor...

Fourth, believe it or not...is the WWE Tag Team titles. Here's why: for the first time in a LONG time, WWE is not only building up their Champions (R-Truth and Kofi Kingston), and not only showcasing one of their challengers (Prime Time Players), but they are consistantly throwing a third or fourth team into real angles and feuds to keep the division brewing between pay-per-views. The Primo/Epico vs PTP angle is the first smart booking in the tag division that I've seen in YEARS for the WWE.

Next is the US Title. I love Santino, but when he's losing in a matter of seconds to guys like Alberto del Rio week-in and week-out, being a Champion just doesn't matter. You may have gold around your waist, but if your ass is getting handed to you, what does that say for the title you represent? WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT AMERICA, DAMMIT! (Just kidding...I don't care)

I had a hard time deciding between the Divas Championship and the NXT Championship. In the end, I had to go with Layla and the Divas Title, because...well...it's on television sometimes. Even with how good NXT has been lately, and the slew of great performers the brand new product has, it's still not airing in the US. And it's still not even vaguely mentioned on Raw or Smackdown. At all. Ever. Kind of weird, isn't it?

And last, and CERTAINLY least, is the Internet Championship. Why? Because it doesn't exist. At least not to anybody who matters. No matter how hard Ryder tries to plug his pretend match against Dolph Ziggler at WrestleMania, it's not going to happen. Ziggler is going to be World Champion, or fighting in the main event of Smackdown every week, while Ryder tries to hang on to the five seconds of fame provided for him by the monstrous glow of John Cena...

I would not bring in any Championships to an already cluttered scene. There aren't necessarily "too many" right now, but there are certainly too many not being appropriately handled. Adding any more to the mix would just mean less time spent on an already crippled roster. They may as well get rid of the US Title. The fact that it's still around is probably due in large part to the WWE's apparent need to still pander to the crazy republican all-americans, or their partnership with Army/Reserve/Etc. Getting rid of it "looks bad" I guess; in reality it wouldn't matter one bit. The IC belt has a long storied history, and featuring it as the ONLY midcard belt would not only boost whoever is holding it, but make a roster of under-to-mid-card stars that much more hungry for gold.

This is an easy one:
1) WWE Championship - This is the Number One Title in the company due to the fact that it has been there the entire history and is there title, in which I mean that their other major title - the World Heavyweight Title - was previously in WCW, so has not always been a WWE/WWF Title.

2) World Heavyweight Championship - Much like the WWE Championship this title has a lot of prestige and many major names in the business have held this title, but as stated above it comes second due to the fact it hasn't always been in the WWE.

3) Intercontinental Championship - I feel that this is the higher ranked mid-card title because once upon a time this wasn't a mid-card title, the Intercontinental Championship once contested in the Main Event of WrestleMania in the Match between The Ultimate Warrior and Hulk Hogan. As well as the fact that many great names have held the Intercontinental Championship before going on to win the WWE Championship or World Heavyweight Championship, names such as The Rock, Triple-H and 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin.

4) United States Championship - This is fourth because much like the World Heavyweight Championship, the United States Championship hasn't always been a sole WWE Title, and has never had the same effect that the Intercontinental Championship has had, acting more like the now retired European Championship. Not as many major names have held this title also which makes it rank lower on my list, and also due to the recent reign of Santino, in which he acts as Jobber but holds one of the WWE titles, which is meant to hold prestige and value and seems to hold none whatsoever at the moment.

5) WWE Tag Team Titles - The WWE Tag Team Titles are ranked fifth on my list, because of the poor state the Tag Team division is still in to this day, but I think the reason us as fans think it is in such a poor state is largely due to the fact that throughout the Attitude Era and other eras we've had some outstanding Tag Teams/Stables, such as The Brothers of Destruction, D-Generation X, Rock N' Sock Connection, Evolution, The New Age Outlaws, etc., but hopefully the state of the Tag Team division does improve, which it seems to be doing ever so slowly.

6) Diva's Championship - The reason this title is last is because, quite frankly who really cares about the divas anymore? I know I don't. In my opinion they should have never retired the original WWE Women's Championship as that Title held more prestige and bigger names had held that Title such as Trish Stratus and Lita, but the new Title, we seem to have had the same Title holders for the past 3 years? Them being Kelly Kelly, Beth Phoenix and Michelle McCool. This Title seems to hold no value anymore, as the fans seem to just no longer care. Unless something major changes, I can't see this Title gaining or 're'gaining any value any time soon.

So here it goes:

1. WWE Championship.
It is the original world title of WWE, is on the A Show (Raw), and is the title John Cena holds or is challenging for, so its an easy one here.
2. World Heavyweight Championship
It may not be as important to vince as the WWE title, but he still holds it in high regard. It is being challenged for by guys like Daniel Bryan, Alberto Del Rio, Randy Orton and Sheamus, so there is obviously some worth there.
3. Intercontinental Championship
It is the original mid card title of WWE (so that automatically puts it in higher regard than the US title), and as well as being regularly defended, is being challenged for by former world champs such as Big Show, Christian, The Miz and further back by guys like Rey Mysterio and Chris Jericho. Introducing the old school version has helped make the title look legit too.
4. Tag Team Championship
The tag titles are getting more focus lately with PTP's, Primo and Epico and Truth Boom. The division looks to be shaping up nicely with usos, kidd/gabriel etc.
5. United States Championship
The title is never defended and the title is on Santino Marella who has done nothing with it. It is almost as bad as the divas title and is completely worthless and irrelevant at this point in time. I rank it higher than the Divas title since many legends have held it in NWA/WCW/WWE.
6. Divas Championship
Same with US title, never defended. Only been around since 2008, so no rich lineage there. The only way for the Divas title to get over is to have AJ win it. Kharma could have made the title relevant but she is gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back