• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rank the Promos of The Rock/Cena/Miz Debacle

JGlass

Unregistered User
So since The Rock first game back to the WWE we have been treated to some great... and some not so great promos from the three parties involved in The Rock's return. Both Cena and Miz have upped their game in recent weeks, and Rocky seems to still be in full form. In all, there have been 7 promos worth remembering so far. Here they are listed chronologically with a brief description.

1) The Rock Returns- The Rock cuts his first promo when he returns to the WWE.

2) Cena's First Rap- Cena hits Rock with a rebuttal through rap.

3) The Rock Responds to Cena- The Rock's first via satellite promo. He reassures the WWE fans that he loves them and mocks Cena for rapping.

4) Cena's Knockout Blow- Cena raps a second time and mocks The Rock.

5) The Miz attacks Cena- After Cena's "knockout blow", The Miz attacks Cena and has a few choice words for the WWE fans and The Rock.

6) The Rock meets Mini-Cena- The Rock and a child playing John Cena talk out their differences.

7) The Miz's promo last night- After The Rock's promo with mini-Cena, Miz came out and delivered another promo about why he can talk shit about The Rock and The Rock's family.

Here is how I would rank the promos.

#1) Cena's first rap- He nailed it. In addition to talking some shit about The Rock and making some funny jokes about pinwheels and fruity pebbles, Cena also laid some truth out about how he represents the fans every night while The Rock chills in Hollywood. Suck on that, Rocky.

#2) The Rock's Return- How couldn't you be electrified by Rocky's return? Catchphrases galore and some great verbal smackdown. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who got chills when The Rock said he was back home.

#3) The Miz's first promo- It was just amazingly executed. He comes out after a lackluster promo by Cena, and even though the crowd was booing Cena, Miz managed to get them right back on John's side. My favorite part, aside from how Miz talked directly into the camera, was how he interrupted his catchphrase to give Cena the Skull Crushing Finale. Tremendous work by Miz, who has been earning his Wrestlemania main event match every week.

#4) Rock's second promo- This was even more passionate than his returning promo as the Rock seemed genuinely pissed off about what Cena said. Other than his passion and his reaffirmation of his love for the WWE, though, it was lacking. He had nothing worthwhile to say about Cena, but he said it anyway. He needed to say something about Cena to keep the heat alive, but he couldn't find anything good.

#5) Miz's second promo- The Rock is a hard act to follow, but Miz outshined Rocky last night. Everything Miz said was enraging, but some of it was true. Like I said, he has been earning his Wrestlemania push every week, and this was especially true last night.

#6) The Rock and Mini-Cena- This segment was stupid, but slightly entertaining. I was rolling my eyes for most of it as The Rock made stupid joke after stupid joke. The whole thing was very low-brow, but it wasn't awful.

#7) Cena's Knockout Blow- Once again, not awful, but certainly not good. There were a few jokes that I liked, but the crowd wasn't feeling it, and it was way over-hyped. In fact, the whole segment would have bombed had Miz not made the save... by attacking Cena. Go figure.

How would you rank them so far?

1). Rock's return. Just the energy of hearing the Rock fire at WWe's top superstar is the only thing that got me interested in Miz/Cena at WM\

2). Rock's 2nd Promo. "Yabba Dabba bitch" = best WWE quote in years

3). Miz's Second Promo. To be honest, it's surprising me that Miz can keep up in the war of words.

4). Tie: Cena's 1st Rap, Miz's attack on Cena, and Rock/mini-Cena

5). Cena's KO blow. Buzzkill of the whole back-and-forth

1) Rocks Return - 10/10, absolutely shattering all expectations of a good return

2) Cena's Rap - 9/10, I'm no Cena fan but this was excellently played

3) Rock's 2nd Promo - 5/10, for me this just didn't do it, emotion felt kinda forced

4) Cena's 2nd Promo - 3/10, what the hell was this? Way too hyped and didn't deliver

5) Miz's both promo's - 9/10, BOTH were very well done and he firmly inserted himself into this contest as people were probably forgetting about him

6) Rock's 3rd promo (last night) - 7/10, It was better than his 2nd one for sure but not quite the Rock material I'm used to, the kid and fruity pebbles was pretty corny

All in all Miz is probably the man to watch right now as he's really doing a great job of keeping up with everyone.
Rock needs one more 10/10 to solidify himself as the guy who hasn't lost his step/
Cena needs a 10/10 just to catch up

1. Rock's return - This was a promo that defined how far promos have fallen since they've become scripted. I'm not saying there aren't any good promos anymore, but this made the line clear.

2. Cena's first rap - This one came off very good. I'm not a fan of his "raps", but the promo was good. Good lines and it came off very natural.

3. Miz's first promo - Cena's 2nd rap was pretty bad, but I wonder if it was done on purpose to help Miz's promo look that much better. It was pretty intense and I loved how he did the People's Elbow.

4. Rock and Little Cena - I actually liked this promo. It was childish, no pun intended, but quite funny. My only issue was him attacking Cena for having a demographic of children. It's a much different era nowadays and children are one of the biggest demographics the WWE has. The finish with his words for Miz was a nice counter for the first part.

5. Miz promo last night - Pretty good promo. Nothing special IMO but still good.

6. Cena's "knockout blow" - Well under his first promo. Almost seemed forced really. Though the shirt with "via satellite" was quite funny.

7. Rock's 2nd promo - By Rock's 3rd promo I was acclimated to the fact that he was only gonna show up once more before WM, but this promo lost all credibility IMO when he wasn't at the arena. Instantly, by coming on the big screen only, he just proved Cena right. Period. I'm sure I'll get some flack for that opinion, but that's my opinion.

you REALLY ranked cena's 30 second rap over the rock's epic return to raw after being absent for 7 years? really? really? REALLY?

whatever drugs you're taking, i want some, they seem like they're doing a great job! i just hope you didn't get them from jeff hardy!

1. The Rock's return. EPIC. Gone for 7 years.. and then.. FINALLY, THE ROCK has come back to the WWE.

2. The Rock responds to Cena. Everyone keeps bitching that the Rock is responding via satellite. It's a work. They don't want The Rock to appear on Raw right away because they need something to work up to for Wrestlemania. The intensity of his promos are amazing.

3. Cena's first rap. It was good! It was funny! It was true. Apparently for 7 years we couldn't see the rock!

4. The Rock and mini Cena - too funny, way too funny.

5. The Miz's first promo - great timing, coming out after Cena's terrible promo, using the rock bottom. He's.. AWESOME.

6. The Mix's second promo - from starting out the show with a good promo and ending it by destroying Cena dressed as the Rock. The Miz is owning lately.

7. Cena's knock out punch - that was a JOKE in itself. Did he write that and think it was funny? It was terrible.

1) The Rocks Return:
This was probably the most exciting moment in wrestling since i dont even know when. Who didnt have that little kid moment when you heard Rocky's music? I know i did. Rocky comes out, and completely shits on everything the WWE currently has going on, electrifying the crowd as only the rock can. Calls out Cena, and gives us all something new to compare him to; fruity pebbles.

2) Rock vs. Mini Cena:
I dont know about you guys, but this segment had me on the FLOOR. I think it was also a pretty good compensation for the fact that he wasnt actually live on Raw.

3) John Cena's 1st Rap:
Granted, has a fan of hip-hop, this wasnt a very good "freestyle". He did however get his point across and did a good job of standing up to the rock. Cena made it known that he just wasnt gonna let the rock walk all over him.

4) The Rocks 2nd Promo:
I think this "promo" catches alotta flack, not because it wasnt good, but because Rock wasnt live. I use the term promo loosely because it was more of a shoot. He basically told john cena that it was because of the rock, that pro wrestlers even have a chance in the movie scene or in the main stream media. It was probably the most heart felt and emotional segment ive ever seen from the rock which, speaks highly of cena in a sense. Plus the Yabba Dabba Bitch line was legendary lmaoooooo.. The only reason this segment lost alotta steam was cuz it wasnt live

5) Miz's 1st Promo:
I never thought that i would be so happy to see the Miz in my life. Like rock said on monday, Miz made a statement by attacking cena and talking trash about rocks family, AND nailing the peoples elbow. Miz basically saved this segment from being a complete #FAIL

6) Miz's Second Promo:
Typical Miz promo..nothing special here as usual... But still much more bareable than....

7) Cena's Knockout Blow:
Come on now...... this was just sad. I'll give him the "I Bring It...via Satellite" but other than that, it just proved that Cena had nothing else he could say about the rock. He had emptied out his arsenal in the first rap and proved that he CANNOT out talk the rock. I actually kinda felt bad for him. He's worked so hard to get where he is, only to have rock come in and shit on him

My list:

1) The Rocks 2ND promo: The fire, and almost real anger from the Rock about Cena seemingly disrespecting the Rocks passion and family heritage, was amazing. The crowd was silent in Buffalo (My hometown) NOT from boredom, but from sheer attention giving. This was the best of the exchanges so far.

2) The Rocks 1st promo: Was in ring, which gets ALOT of points from me. And was candid, though it did have his trademark catchphrases, when he called out Cena, I was extremely shocked, though I knew of the remarks Cena made in the past.

4) Cena's first rebuttal: The first rap was great because I don't think anyone expected it. The quote that sparked me to be a bit of a mark was ''But I still do have a degree in thuganomics''. It was like he was reminding people of his past, and showing the new fans what he used to be. I loved it.

5) The Miz 1st promo: Intense, and was his showing of frustration at the situation not being about him, And how he keeps getting swept under the rug. Not only did it disrespect Miz, but the Title itself. And Miz did a great job pointing that out

6) Cena 2nd rebuttal: I dug that he kept the rap thing going, didnt like the pearl necklace gag, but I liked the rap. And I thought it was funny that none of the dipsticks in the crowd knew the difference of rap and hip hop...Its sad. The BEST part was when he went at Rock about the via satellite thing, then the douche comes on the satellite like a week later, PROVEN how right Cena.

7) The Miz 2nd rebuttal: Short and sweet and to the point, but it flowed well with what he was saying in the 1st one.

8) The Rock little kid promo: This was horrendous, I think I smiled like once, and as I stated Rock proved Cena RIGHT, and loss a lot of steam in my view.

Ranking from best to worst

1) Rocks Return - 10/10, we need at least 5 years to see such promo again.

2) Cena's first Rap - 9/10, This was just good on so many different levels

3) Rock's 2nd Promo - 8/10, where he turned into serious mode, he made me believe in that promo that he is ready to die for WWE (which is not true)

4) Miz's first Promo 7.5/10: It was good, it had enough heat to enter the mix

5) Rock's 3rd promo 7/10, Very comic, however sometimes cheesy, I got a crack from the fruity pebbles present but that's the most of it. I think he had no other choice since cena said he wont do more replying

6) Miz's 2nd promo's - 7/10, well done in continuing getting heat by insulting the rock's family. However, I would give Miz's attack on cena at the end of the show a 9, this just made the ranking rock/miz/cena where (for me) he showed he can be more consistent than cena.

7) Cena's 2nd Promo - 5/10, It was bad on many different levels. The rock starts to get serious and all cena does is get another rap, a horrible one. It was hyped for nearly the whole show and didn't even get close to all the other promos.

The irony of The Rock's promo last night seems to have gone over the heads of most Cena fans. I loved that promo, pretty much sums up how I (and most everyone else who finds Cena to be cheesy, childish, and boring) feel.

1. Rock's 1st promo
2. Rock's 3rd promo
3. Miz 1st/2nd promo
4. Rock's 2nd promo
5. Miz's other promo (?)
6. Cena's collective work

1) Rock's 1st promo - A complete mark out moment for sure

2) Cena's 1st promo - It was good to see some of what made Cena a main eventer in the first place

3) Miz's 1st promo - loved this , especially how he went out of his way to mock Rock and use a "rap" like Cena well done

4) Rock's 2nd promo - was good , but was different for the Rock and knowing that there were lies in it and that he was only appearing via satellite when the hype for the show kind of lead on that he would be there hurt it some

5)Rock 's 3rd and Miz 2nd (tie) I don't know they weren't bad but weren't special

6) Cena's knockout blow was horrible , thuganomics and supercena don't mix and that's what it felt like he was trying there.

Honestly, Rock showing up was his only incredible promo. The other two were terribly unbelievable. Cena's raps made all the case and points about The Rock not really caring about the WWE Universe and fans. Why isn't he showing up at all? It's bullshit. Let's see how long he stays after Mania...He's not really the People's champ anymore...Cena is and I respect the hell out of him.

However! The Miz last nite kicked complete ass with both segments of the evening. I'm mad siked for their match at Mania and I hope Miz wins, it will only elevate his career further. I love that he came out as the fake Rock. And when he took off the bald wig or whatever, the way he looked in jeans and his jair without a shirt, he looked like a real champ and main eventer.

So my cards are with the Miz right now for being the competitor for this match.

But between Cena and Rock's promos. I'm going with Cena till the Rock actually shows up on Raw and stops bullshitting everybody.

Honestly, Rock showing up was his only incredible promo. The other two were terribly unbelievable. Cena's raps made all the case and points about The Rock not really caring about the WWE Universe and fans. Why isn't he showing up at all? It's bullshit. Let's see how long he stays after Mania...He's not really the People's champ anymore...Cena is and I respect the hell out of him.

The Rock isn't showing up on RAW because he isn't supposed to show up on RAW.

Do you want The Rock and Cena to go head to head on RAW immediately and eliminate all anticipation from whatever is going to occur at Wrestlemania? That sounds like a great idea.

Having The Rock and Cena face off on RAW just weeks before Wrestlemania would eliminate the need for people to actually purchase the PAY PER VIEW.

It would be as silly as Bill Goldberg beating Hollywood Hogan on Monday Nitro.. oh, wait.

1. has got to be the Rock's return. That was one of the best moments I've seen in wrestling for a long time and he had me marking out the entire time.

2. Rock's Yabba Dabba Bitch promo. The sheer intensity he used when delivering that promo was insane. And everything Rock said was true. That's what makes it so much better.

3. Cena's First Rap. The crowd is what really sold that. The put downs (although repeated from earlier raps) were great, and the most important part, Cena told the truth. The truth is what pushed this to number 3.

4. Miz's promo after "Cena's Second knockout". It was short, it was sweet and it did exactly what it needed to do. It brought Miz into this conversation and made him a player.

5. Rock's Mini Cena Promo- I didn't like this all that much, but it can't be entirely intense all the time or you risk alienating the crowd. People stop listening when it's shouting all the time. I did however enjoy the cut on the Miz at the end.

6. Cena's Second Rap- Not as well done as the first one. It didn't connect with the audience and they no sold the rips on Rock. It made it painful to listen to.

7. Miz saying he's the best and blah blah blah. This was the weakest promo of the entire set. As Rock and Cena are sitting there telling the truth, this one just stunk of scripted promo. Miz had to say those things because he was told to say those things.

So sadly, by the looks of it the war of the words is going downhill since the first two weeks.

1. The Rock returns: 10/10 - do I need to say anything about this epic promo?
2. Cena's response: 9/10 - Cena resurrected the "thuganomics" gimmick with excellent results that including funny disses and some valid points.
3. The Miz's First Strike: 6/10 - Tricking everyone into thinking he was not gonna appear only to attack Cena and mock Rock's "people's elbow". His mic work was mediocre but the way he did it was pretty good.
4. The Rock's Response: 6/10 - "Yabba dabba bitch" alone made it worth but his passion and anger against Cena was visible. It was nowhere as great as his return but did the thing for it's moment.
5. The Rock and Mini Cena: 5/10 - Pretty stupid but The Rock has the ability to make it entertaining.
6. Cena's second response: 3/10 - Some pretty funny moments including "I Bring It Via Satellite" but mostly forgettable and nowhere near as funny as his first one.
7. The Miz's second: 3/10 - Only thing funny about his work last night was his hilarious Rock imitation but otherwise it was subpar and more of his regular boasts.

I, like everyone else, looks forward to Raw every week to see what promo will come next in this feud. Some have been great, some have been terrible, one of which is actually my favourite promo of all time! Here's my list:

1) The Rock's 'return' promo.

Let's run down why this is the best promo of the lot. The fact The Rock was there, live on Raw, after 7 years away, contributed massively to the excitment and the hype surrounding this promo. He came back, cut this 20 minute promo, slating everybody from Michael Cole to John Cena and in the process made wrestling 'must see' again. The Rock has done tons of amazing promos in the past... but for sheer 'impact' on the business, this has to be right up there.

2) John Cena's 'thuganomics' promo.

Wow, a John Cena promo that legitimately made me laugh out loud several times?! That NEVER happens. But John did this promo brilliantly and in many respects he grabbed the 'PG' stuff and kicked it out of the door for a few minutes. This promo was very reminisant to the promo's he used to cut back when he was a heel. It worked. It was fresh. It was a welcome change from the same old Cena we see every week.

3) The Rock's 'Yabba Dabba bitch' promo.

I'm still undecided about whether that was live or not. Regardless, it was great. It continued what had happened the previous week and it was concluded with new catchphrase that stands tall along with The Rock's other catchphrases. 'Yabba. Dabba. Bitch.'. Genius!

4) The Miz's 'people's elbow' promo.

FINALLY!!! THE MIZ, HAS BECOME, RELEVANT!!! The Miz became fully apart of this feud thanks to that short but sweet promo after attacking Cena from behind. The elbow was the highlight but what Miz said prior to the elbow made it make sense. Plus, whenever someone rips off The Rock, it makes them instantly more dislikeable. Things like that will always gain you more heat from the crowd.

5) The Rock's 'friendly chat' with John Cena promo.

Hmmm... this was a little hit and miss with me. It was funny, yes, but it looked a little bit desperate and childish. Maybe I'm looking too much into it but this was the least enjoyable of The Rock's promo's so far. There seemed to be something missing, and I can't quite pin-point what that was. However I enjoyed his comments about The Miz. By making a joke about Cena but by getting all serious about The Miz, it showed that Rock does consider Miz a big part of this situation.

6) The Miz's 'I'm greater than both your Father and Grandfather' promo.

Didn't like this. Was pretty poor actually and it actually didn't work too well. It didn't make Miz look any stronger, it just made him more dislikeable (which I get, he needs to be as dislikeable as possible heading into WrestleMania) but for a Miz-fan like myself... it wasn't fantastic. But miles-ahead of the next promo...

7) John Cena's 'final knockout' promo.

Oh. My. God. Terrible! I'll keep this short, but fuck my life this made me cringe. It wasn't edgy, it wasn't funny, it made the how 'rapping' deal look stale (already!). Just BAD!

ok lets get something straight guys ... there is a BIG .. no, HUGE .. no, MASSIVE difference between cena's first rap ... and cena's second promo. Notice how i didnt call the second promo a rap? .. because it clearly was not, being a huge cena fan like i am you would notice that the tone of his voice, the way he walks around the ring, his facial expressions are totally different when he raps .. and when he cuts his avarage now-a-day promo's. Remember when he said 'Heres a one time deal for ya'all tonight' ? .. he actually meant it. He did not rap ... he addressed in hiphop (it really wasnt that aswell but it was not his 'thuganomics level rap') .. plus the week before that the promo rock gave via a screen was not up to his standards aswell .. so i dont see why cena had to do the same ...

Anyways back to the question ...

1.) Rocks return promo - 10/10 abit obvious ? being a cena fan I am ... people had waited too many years just for those 15 mins when the rock graced the ring of the wwe once more and bring the whole wwe universe to there feet.

2.) Cena 'Thuganomics' promo - 9.5/10 Best promo cena cut in 5 years garunteed. Very nice, loads of lmao moments which even i hadnt been getting from cena for the past few years. It showed that if PG was not here, cena is by far one of the leading promo workers in the wwe, and if you dont agree ... please go watch each cena rap from 2003 to 2005 and you will see what i mean. PG restricted cena, still does (shown in the second promo) but he can still deliver, when he likes.

3.) The MIZ 'Peoples elbow' promo - 8/10 Now here i mean the whole promo, very very good, finally something from the MIZ which showed that he is a full flesh hardcore heel that i didnt see from anyone in the raw locker room. Now please dont go on at me about CM punk or anyone else being better because what im refering to the MIZ as is not what i would refere to CM PUNK and i like both of them. Miz gained huge amounts of more heat after the comments about the rocks family and this showes he is doing his job and it just makes this feud way more exciting for viewers like us to watch.

4.) The Rocks 'Yabba Dabba Bitch' promo - 6-7/10 TBH didnt like this that much, Yes funny moments and Yes it was better than the second cena promo ... but heres where this promo backfires on the rock ... 1st this proves cena's point ... you wanna be the peoples champ ? .. just show up, and number 2 ... rock talks about cena not facing the rock like a man .. this is coming out of the persons mouth who isnt giving cena the chance to face him like a man just because he WILL NOT show up. And dissing him via a video (which seemed kind of pre-recorded to me) does not satisfy what i would expect or what anyone would expect from the rock. The yabba dabba bitch part is all i found funny in this promo .. the rest sounded like the rock shouting and didnt amuse me that much.

5.) Cena 'Final knockout' promo - 6.5/10 .... Lets get one thing straight, did for one moment did any of us on this site .. or did anyone in the wwe universe think that this was going to be the final knockout and everything would end after this ... would wwe let this end a month prior to mania? ... so would you expect an explosive promo from cena ... i wouldnt. Some funny parts ... the shirt moment was funny aswell, but it was not a rap in my eyes .. theres a huge difference, i guess this promo was something to keep the feud going and was better than no reply which would show the feud had died off. Im sure there is much better to come .. from all three of these people ... it wasnt kiddish though, which brings me to no.6 ....

6.) Rock 'mini cena and rock showdown' promo - .... 5.5-6/10 One thing didnt change ... the rock was once again .. on the titantron :) ... the only thing attracted me in this video was his laptop and the fruity pebbles (i was hungry :D), talk about john cena being kiddish, this promo was right in that line ... why would rock even dare to have his voice used in this ? ... anyways being a cena fan i maybe abit too judgemental. However on the up point ... the promo did include the miz and the way rock addressed the miz .. from having fun to being serious showed that the rock is keeping cena and miz on the same level as far as importance goes which is all the better for this feud.

7.) Miz Last night - 5/10 ... same old?? ... the 5 is only for the rock intimidation ... had me fooled for a few seconds (also the mini thumbnail pic on youtube they have for the videos made it look like it was actually the rock) ... im sure this is the loudest pop miz has ever had ;) .. other than that same old avarage promo's .. nothing special in my eyes .. it was like a one week hype like cena's rap.

Very excited for this feud! ... Im sure most of us are praying for a triple threat ?? ;) ... Please let it be ;) ...

*had to re-edit this because i pressed send by accident half way through this reply :/ *

1. The rock's return- Best promo in close to a decade. no one since the rock has cut a promo like that.

2. rock's yabba dabba bitch- hilarious, and being in rock's home, showing the trophie case with the championships actually helped the rock show he still has the passion

3. cena's first rap. i wasnt too impressed, and it was kind of dull, but it had an element of truth to it, which is why i place it up here

4. rock vs little cena- it was suppose to be immature. that was the whole point. i swear, cena's fans are about as mature as he is

5. knock out blow- simply horrible. and the via satallite was dumb considering the rock's reason for it being in his house.

6. Both of the miz's promos. they just seem so forced. its like he is trying to be chris jericho, but he just isnt that great. please take the belt off him wwe. i actually hope that hhh decides to burry him.

to the people bitching that the rock does stuff via satallite, its the wwe's decision, not the rock's. stop being so damn stupid. oh wait, cena fans, never mind.

1. Rock's 1st promo he came out & showed everyone in the back how it's done & he made the current product look like a joke.

2. Cena's 1st Rap John going back to what brought him to the dance was killer, & he proved that he can run w/the real big boys of the WWE in mic skills.

3. Rock's 3rd promo Some ppl seem to think this wasn't that great, but I'm pretty sure that is the ppl that complain about Rock not being there live blah, blah, blah & Oh Cena told the truth but Rock just makes fun of Cena blah blah blah. Rock having a heart to heart w/Cena was truth telling. Cena hasn't ran all that far w/the ball as being the face of the company, his fanbase is mostly kids. Cena isn't as talented as The Rock, & Cena could have came to Rock like a man long time ago. They have crossed each others path many times outside the ring at awards show, but noooo Cena smiles & acts like everything is kool then runs his mouth in some damn interview. Lucky Rock didn't whoop that ass foreal. BTW the promo was meant to be silly, I think it was The Rock's way of kinda cutting a PGish promo. It was better than all Cena's Pg trash

4. Rock's 2nd promo It was kinda long & I didn't feel like Rock had to explain himself cause who the hell is John Cena to question The Great One anyways, but Rock just continued to proved that he is the best when it comes to this promo shit.

5. Cena's 2nd rap was hit & miss, I know he could have done better, but the T-shirt was classic lol

In last place is The Miz his promos are to forced & he seems out of his league. He was entertaining at times, but not to the same level as John & Rock. He is improving which is a good thing overall.

My order:

1) The Rock Returns- The Rock showed with this one promo how far and ahead he is when compared to anyone in the business today. He was almost too good, making others look bad in comparison.

2) The Rock Responds to Cena- Again, sheer intensity made this promo great. Would have been better live to feed off the crowd, but was still amazing.

3) Cena's First Rap- Cena's best promo work in years. It was very, very good. It's just that even on his best night, Cena isn't The Rock. And that isn't an insult.

4) The Rock meets Mini-Cena- I'm not a huge fan of using a kid or a midget or whatever to mock another wrestler. It just doesn't click for me. Part of the problem was The Rock saying that Cena just isn't that talented. It hurts because compared to The Rock, it's true.

5) The Miz attacks Cena- Finally The Miz is making an attempt to look like a credible champion, other than the utter joke he is. The only problem is I still don't believe that The Miz is a credible threat to Cena in a fair fight.

6) Cena's Knockout Blow- So much worse than the first rap promo. It missed on all the things it needed to hit. Instead of anger and outrage, it felt petulant and petty. Cena needs to up the intensity and avoid "goofy".

7) The Miz's promo last night- Boring and monotonous. His mic skills are better than average, but he needs to bring them to a higher level to be a main eventer, since he lacks in ring ability. The Miz needs an actual exchange with The Rock to be relevant, but won't be able to hold his own should it happen. Almost a catch-22.

The irony of The Rock's promo last night seems to have gone over the heads of most Cena fans. I loved that promo, pretty much sums up how I (and most everyone else who finds Cena to be cheesy, childish, and boring) feel.

Oh puh-lease, over our heads? That was more childish than anything John Cena, the man that caters to children, has done over the past few years. Dressing a child up in Cena's attire and having him behave like a whining runt is supposed to be original? Am I supposed to be impressed? That promo last night was awful for anyone who doesn't have a distinct disdain for John Cena.

Over our heads? No, try under our expectations for someone as great as The Rock. Jesus Christ, the whole thing stank of a shitty SNL sketch, except it was even less funny.

Your ranking of Cena's collective work underneath everything else shows your bias. Cena's second promo was shit, that's why I ranked it last, but his first promo was a breath of fresh air, funny, and above all else, it was true! The Rock can talk about his love for the WWE all he wants, but he's making his priorities very clear: movies first, then WWE. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, just saying that he clearly doesn't love the WWE as much as he loves making bank for putting out shitty movies.

1) The Rock Returns- I have to go with The Rock's return here. Rock came out of nowhere and delivered one of the best promos ever.

2) Cena's First Rap- I enjoyed Cena's first rap battle. He showed why he isn't just a fruity pebble.

3) The Rock meets Mini-Cena- This was a funny promo. The Rock tackled Cena and Miz in what started as a mocking promo to a serious one.

4) The Rock Responds to Cena- The Rock's first via satellite promo. This promo was weaker then the others. It was still emotional and passionate, but it was long and seemed like the Rock was trying too hard. Also, it was via satellite so it didn't help The Rock.

5)The Miz's promo last night- This promo was even better than Miz's first promo. Especially after he dressed as the Rock and took out Cena.

6) The Miz attacks Cena- Miz's first response to Cena and The Rock, letting them know he isn't an afterthought.

7) Cena's Knockout Blow- I can't call this promo a "knockout blow". It was alright, but Cena spent too much time joking about The Rock and not talking about the WWE champion.

1. Miz's first promo

Before promo, I was a Miz doubter. Boy, did he prove me wrong. I think Cena's lackluster promo beforehand sharpend it slightly in my mind, but the man deserves all the credit for it, it was a great promo in my opinion.

2. The Rock's return

Whats to say? It was The Rock! My childhood hero returning. Meeega mark out moment.

3. Miz's second promo

Another factor of making me a Miz believer, and after The Rock's terrible promo earlier in the night (</3), a excellent pickup for RAW. When he ran down as The Rock, I could not stop laughing. Brilliant.

4. Cena's first rap

Brilliant, very funny stuff from a man who I had found neither funny nor brilliant in a few years. Somewhat tarnished by the second attempt though, would have mad far more impact if it was a one night return of the gimmick.

The other three can switch numbers for all I care. Although a little of The Rock vs child Cena made me smirk, it really didn't do much for me. As stated many times before, Cena's 'knockout' blow fell far short of it, although the 'I bring it via satilite' made me chuckle. The Rock's second promo I felt was a bit rambly, and really not what I expected from The Rock. Mostly disliked in on personal prefence, and I was slightly let down that he did what everyone feels the need to do when Cena insults them. Rap. A retort rap that, in my opinion, is never all that good.

Oh God NO!!!

My favourite, was yesterday when The Miz dressed up as The Rock!!
I LOVED IT!!!

It was very well played, for me right now i think that Miz is in 1st place in that war!! And i'm REALLY SURPRISED and GLAD, he is palying with the Big Boys =D

TOP:
Miz Promo dressed like The Rock!
2º The Rock Return
3º John Cena Rap (awsome.. so go ahead and blow me!!)

So that being said

miz is winning the fight for now!! =D

#6) The Rock and Mini-Cena- This segment was stupid, but slightly entertaining. I was rolling my eyes for most of it as The Rock made stupid joke after stupid joke. The whole thing was very low-brow, but it wasn't awful.

Are you fucking serious dude? It was "stupid"? "Made stupid joke after stupid joke"? Hello, the point of the promo wasn't to make "jokes", it was to bury Cena and the Rock did an absolutely incredible job of doing so. All the way from Cena's merchanise, gimmick, movies, little kid as cena, demographic appeal, you fucking name it. Anyone who seriously thinks the promo itself was stupid is either a personally biased Cena mark or simply does not understand the purpose of the segment itself (which is probably the case). WWE Creative did a wonderful job, though I wish Rock's closing comments were slightly more intense and creative.

Here's how I'd rank it:

1) The Rock's initial return: Fabulous. Not much needs to be said here

2) Cena's first rap: An absolutely shocking and stunning promo from Thug Cena. Making edgy remarks only added more fuel to the fire. A promo that left your mouth hanging in delight.

3) Rock meets kid Cena - In response to Cena's supposed "final KO" The Rock buries John Cena's WWE career and completely destroys him.

4) Miz ambush on Cena (2nd rap) - Miz completely saved that promo from being an utter debacle and made it a lot more entertaining than what it could have been

5) Rock's response to Cena's first rap - Didn't like it. Great on script, not so great watching it. It lacked great flow and transition while also feeling forced into 10 minutes. Also thought the Rock was slightly too intense for the setting he was in and, again, felt jumbled up together into one segment.

6) Miz's second ambush - I should probably rate this higher. Excellent work from Miz. Had everyone in the arena jumping like crazy once he walked in and then destroyed Cena. Added more heat as WWE's current top heel

7) Cena's "Final KO" - By far and away and arguably the worst segment of this entire series. It was horrendous. The Rock responds to Cena referencing how Cena would be nowhere where he is if it weren't for the Rock leaving, the Rock's influence in hollywood carried him into movies, The Rock's WWE bloodlines define him as a wrestler, etc. and the best Cena can do is insult about the Rock not being live on RAW? It was not only pathetic, but it was nowhere near anything that can be interpreted as a "final KO". It was "stupid" and he "made stupid joke after stupid joke". Miz saved that final segment of the show from being a debacle.

1)Cena's responce - that was put together very well, and had some very valid point's, which The Rock is beginning to say are true by him not being on RAW live at all. He made it personal and states how The Rock was gone for seven year's and may say he loves the fan's, but Cena's there every night to show it.

2) Rock return - Do I have to say anthing about it, other than it was awesome.

3) The Miz's attatck's Cena - "Hey Rock, I'm The Miz, the WWE Champion." It had intensity, anger, and just bitter rage in it. He was pissed off about being that afterthough of the whole Cena/Rock fued and put himself right in to it. And by mocking The Rock with the People's Elbow to Cena put the icing on the cake. Great promo.

4)The Miz's second promo - He responded great after the promo with mini Cena by The Rock. "You bring out of date catchprases, you bring bad tattoo's, you bring horrific movies, you bring empty promises and pointless 20 minute diatrone only a has-been can bring." Ouch!

5) John Cena's knockout blow - "I get it, I'm a fruity pebble, you a yabba dabba disgrace." You wanna be the people's champ, I got a tip, show up."
It, once again, spoke truth and value of what it going on with The Rock. He's not there. Cena is. :suspic:

6) (Tie) Rock vs. mini Cena and Rock second promo - Even though it was akward and very long. It was entertaining as well. See the kid dress up as Cena was funny. "You don't have talent." Oh god no, thank's Rock for rewinding up back to 2006. That really help's. :disappointed: He wasn't there live, and the fan's were pissed off. Other than the Yabba Dabba Bitch remark, it was just anti-climatic. In that promo he made every word of Cena's rap, and knockout blow seem like it was a fact. Yeah Rock, why could'nt you show up. Oh yeah, your filming a movie. :disappointed: And especially after Cena's first rap, I did'nt see how Rock could bounce back, he really didn't with this promo. Both promo's were just rambling nonsense on how Cena sucks, like's fruity pebbles, like's to rap, this, that. It's no fun to see The Rock ramble on about Cena when we all know if Cena and The Rock wen't one on one Cena would win. And, he's just proving Cena right. Cenas at every RAW, where's Rock? Shooting movies. He probably filmed the two segment's the same night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back