• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Randy Savage to make a big announcement?

UFOcalling

Master of the Scorpion Death Lock
I found this article at tnawrestlingnews.com, it was posted yesterday. I don't know when Lanny Poffo was on The Wrestling Minute (radio show), but I'm assuming it must have been within the last couple of days.

Source: http://www.tnawrestlingnews.com/headlines/303359068.shtml
"The Genuis" Lanny Poffo recently appeared on The Wrestling Minute radio show and revealed some news about his real-life brother, The "Macho Man" Randy Savage.

"I'm not going to reveal his big secret because I am afraid of what he'll do to me if I do, but keep watching, in the next month or so Macho Man will be doing something BIG!", said Poffo.

Sorry if this has already been discussed here, I searched the forums and couldn't find a discussion about this. My apologies if I posted this in the wrong section, as well.

At Savage's age, I can't imagine that Macho Man's "BIG" news will be too exciting...but who knows? My guess is that it doesn't have anything to do with wrestling at all...but then again, what else does Randy Savage really have to offer that could be considered "big news"? ...even if the term "big news" is just the way that Savage perceives it.

As far as I know, the WWE Hall of Fame inductees have all been selected -- so that's not going to be the announcement. Here are some topics that will (hopefully) spark discussion:

Do you think the Macho Man will return to the ring as an active wrestler? If so, which company will he be working for? (new member of "Immortal", etc)

Could Randy reveal himself to be the "Anonymous" Raw General Manger?

Could Savage be returning as an announcer? If so, which company will he work for?

Do you think his news has nothing to do with (current) wrestling at all? ...ie: a new book or dvd being released, another rap album (keeping my fingers crossed for that one! lol!!)?

Is Macho Man just looking for attention, à la Honky Tonk Man (the man seems to love to gossip) and/or Dixie Carter (the one who is constantly promising news that will "rock" the wrestling world)?

Let the speculation begin!

Do you think the Macho Man will return to the ring as an active wrestler? If so, which company will he be working for? (new member of "Immortal", etc)

Doubtful. As far as I knew, he still did charitable events to begin with. To announce that he is going to KEEP doing that, essentially, would be a bit weird. However, if he were announcing a return to the big stage, I could see that being newsworthy.

In TNA, it could be. In WWE, it definitely would be.

Could Randy reveal himself to be the "Anonymous" Raw General Manger?

I hope not. I haven't heard an of the e-mails or texts end in "dig it."

What I mean by that is that it simply doesn't fit his character. However, weirder things have happened.

Could Savage be returning as an announcer? If so, which company will he work for?

I also doubt that this happens. I'm not sure what the announcement will be, but I could completely see it being something outside of WWE and TNA or something completely outside of wrestling in general.

Do you think his news has nothing to do with (current) wrestling at all? ...ie: a new book or dvd being released, another rap album (keeping my fingers crossed for that one! lol!!)?

This seems like the biggest and best possibility. However, a book seems more than likely. Maybe, the book will be in association with WWE and it could really have a solid effect on his chances of being seen on WWE television once more and his chances of making the Hall Of Fame at some point.

I'm also hoping he drops "Illmatic II: This Time It's Personal."

Is Macho Man just looking for attention, à la Honky Tonk Man (the man seems to love to gossip) and/or Dixie Carter (the one who is constantly promising news that will "rock" the wrestling world)?

Let the speculation begin!

Could be. Though, the fact that he wants it to be a huge announcement is already stressing that he DOES want attention. The news will determine if this was solely for the attention involved.

Good post, Calderownz. Your opinions are pretty much dead-on, as far as I'm concerned. The only thing that strikes me as a bit "off" is in the quote from Mr. Poffo...where he said:

...keep watching, in the next month or so Macho Man will be doing something BIG!

It's the "keep watching" part that gets me. Keep watching what, exactly? Watching twitter? WWE/TNA/RoH programming? That's the only part that makes me think that Macho's news might have something to do with the business in it's current state. I'd like to hope that Savage's proclamation of having "big" news would actually mean something "big"...whatever that implies.

I do agree with you though, a book or something of that ilk does seem to be the most likely...hence the reason why I put that discussion topic next to last on the list.

If this news does have something to do with the WWE, I'd imagine that Randy might be hosting a new DVD or something. If it's TNA, I could see him returning to television in some capacity, just hopefully not as an active wrestler. I could see him managing, like Flair does...or possibly announcing (which isn't as likely).

My best guess would be a legend deal w/WWE.

But a return to the announce booth would be awesome. Randy was always a bit out there on commentary, but it would be entertaining :)

Raw GM? Unlikely, but I would love it. Just to see Macho Man on TV on a regular basis would be amazing.

I seriously doubt that this has anything to do with TNA. Savage recently did promo work for the new Wrestling All-Stars game for WWE and it seems like he is now on better terms w/them.

My best guess would be a legend deal w/WWE.

But a return to the announce booth would be awesome. Randy was always a bit out there on commentary, but it would be entertaining :)

Raw GM? Unlikely, but I would love it. Just to see Macho Man on TV on a regular basis would be amazing.

I seriously doubt that this has anything to do with TNA. Savage recently did promo work for the new Wrestling All-Stars game for WWE and it seems like he is now on better terms w/them.

I agree, it probably is a legends deal with WWE, and then an entry into the HOF next year.

I would LOVE to see Macho Man head back to the WWE as the anonymous RAW GM, I think that would be brilliant. It is about time Savage did something meaningful on TV again, and the GM spot would be perfect for a legend of his standing, the WWE Universe would love it.

He is almost certainly not making a return to the ring, how old is he? About 60? I would almost rule that out 100%. You can never say never in wrestling, but I would say this is almost NEVER.

The GM thing would be brilliant and no one would see it coming.
But I hope it's a book/shoot interview cause his real story was not told in that WWE shit DVD.
It most likely is a legends deal......:shrug:

I can't see it being anything to do with WWE as Wrestlemania season is nearly over and, let's face it, the return of Macho to the WWE "family" after such a long-standing estrangement would be huge news, and would def lead to a HOF entry and possible match against Vince at Mania next year.

Could even be he's getting married or something like that, not worldwide huge news, but would def be huge news in his life, and for his fans....

Or perhaps he's doing a Warrior Warrior and changing his name legally to Macho!

Man, as a mark for Macho Man, as he was my first favorite wrestler. While everyone was loving up on Hogan and Hulkamania I was indulged in the MADNESS. He is by far one of my favorites. 1.Austin 2. Savage....thats it for me.

However, I doubt it will be anything in a wrestling capacity as he is very much outta shape and has a full blown gray hair and beard(obviously can change) which means I doubt very much he is in any shape as of this post to do anything active at all.

As for a DVD release for him they did that last year, there is very little chance it could be a dvd release. Now a book? That would be awesome to hear some crazy road stores through the eyes of one of the crazier men to ever wrestle.

As the Raw GM? Never, not even a thought. Where would he fit? Hasn't been on WWE programming in over a decade.

An announcer? Possible, as he did have a brief stint as an announcer in WWF at one point but where? Jim Ross is obviously taking the Raw spot back with King. I doubt very much Smackdown! would have Booker T and Savage in the same booth.

The only other shot in the dark proposal I thought of was possibly Savage opening up his own wrestling show.

I'd say the book is the more logical choice but with Savages crazy nature I could easily see him trying to start his own promotion.

I can't see it being anything to do with WWE as Wrestlemania season is nearly over and, let's face it, the return of Macho to the WWE "family" after such a long-standing estrangement would be huge news, and would def lead to a HOF entry and possible match against Vince at Mania next year.

Could even be he's getting married or something like that, not worldwide huge news, but would def be huge news in his life, and for his fans....

Or perhaps he's doing a Warrior Warrior and changing his name legally to Macho!

he just was remarried a few months back and pics were on his site

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back