• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Randy Orton. Do you see him being legendary?

EVAN BOURNE=WWE Ledgend

Dark Match Winner
Randy Orton. Do you see him being legendary?
I see him being the next Ric Flair or Triple H. He already has 3 title reigns (2 real title reigns) as the heavyweight champion and one of them were spectacular (#3). His mic skills are amazing as are his acting skills. He is great in the ring. In evolution he was chosen as HHH and Flairs prodigy (batista was just the muscle). I can see him leading the company for another 12 years and in his last 5 years be a face. This will be like both flair and trips did when they were nearing the end of their careers. HHH better give him a great rub at WM25 and hand him the torch, as he needs to pass it on to Orton. Also, orton can also be a great face like he was during his 1st WHC reign.

So my question is do you see him being legendary like triple h and flair?

Is he the next guy to lead the company after HHH and even Cena?

I see orton as always being a heel as he plays the role as he has the ******** quality abut him and most people love to hate him, saying that he will be the top heel feuding with cena, edge, cm punk and maybe christain if he win MiTB

Yes I definatly agree that Orton has the the potential and all the tools to become legendary. As long as he keeps his inner demons at bay there really isent any reason why he should'nt. He was groomed and basically sculped by HHH and Ric Flair, he's the best 3rd generation superstar since The Rock. His in-ring performances tell a story which is a lost art in wrestling today. Not only that, he has the best promo in the business today. I also like how they arent over doing his title runs like there doing Cena, Edge, Batista..He's only had 3 title runs since debuting in 2002. He is THE top guy in the business today and he only gets better by the week. Now here's the scary part, he's not even 30 years old yet. He has a whole career ahead of him. He is wrestlings future and i think this will show at Wrestlemania 25 when HHH passes the torch. Randy Orton is the future of the WWE. period....provided he keeps on the straight and narrow

of coarse he will.....i mean he was breed with two legends (hhh is going so dont say anything) he has the look, the athelitic skills, and the mike skills.....but i will add i dont see him being the next hhh cause thats edge.....i think he'll be a new breed of heel....ok maybe a hint of nache and hunter but u get it.

finally someone put this up...

I personally think Randy Orton is going to be the best the company has to offer!
All that he has offered to the company, and all that he has done for himself to build his carrer

Evolution - Brought him up big time
Intercontinental Champion- longest reign in decades
World Tag Team Champion
Youngest World Heavyweight Champion ever
1x World Heavyweight Champion
2x WWE Champion
Nicknamed the "Legend Killer"
2009 Royal Rumble Winner
His acting skills are amazing!!!!!
His Wrestling ability is amazingg!!!
Main eventing Wrestlemania like 3 or 4 times
Winning almost all of them
Never lost the Survivor Series 5 vs 5 Elimination Match

all of this within 5 years from (2004-2009)

Orton did however say he's always wanted to retire young before getting any serious injury's. He's said that he wants to spend time with his family and be family man looking after his children.

Taking that into account that he is only 28 years old, has 3 title reigns, and is the royal rumble winner.

All in all I see him retiring at around 36-37 with about 7 title reigns and as one of the faces of the company. He could do some acting and make some occasional apearances but all in all I see him as a guy who'll retire early so he can enjoy his life as a father and not in pain working indy dates in his 60's(Ric Flair)

Randy is with out a doubt the best there is right now in wrestling. He has a very long career in front of him. I do not think HHH will give him the rub at WM25. I love HHH but I do not see him losing at the big show. Maybe at the next PPV. This is going to be way to big for HHH to give up his belt. But the next champion will be Randy Orton and he will have a great and long reign with everyone chasing him. He will be bigger than The Rock and Austin and any of the greats that have gone through the WWE.

Will Randy Orton be considered legendary? I think it is too early to tell, but he definitely has the potential to be. When throwing out the term legendary it has to be for the abbsolute best of the best regardless of the era they were in in my eyes. Take a guy like John Cena, he is very close to legendary status. I think one more big time title reign for him or WM Main Event win would put him in that category. The two broke in around the same time give or take but Cena to me has done far more, and i wouldnt quite yet put him into legendary status. Orton needs to headline a couple Mania's and be victorious. Yes he won last year, i dont know if its just me but in my eyes it was not a Mania win that is remembered for years to come. Like Cena beating HHH and HBK in back to back Mania's will be remembered. Hopefully this year Orton could give us one of thos moments. The potential is there for him, and hopefully he gets to that point, because it will mean we all got to watch an all time great legendary performer.

depends on who do you consider a legend or does a legend has to do in order to achieve that title, for example, there a lot of "legends" that say they will be remenber but they arent.
my definition of a legend is the wrestler who has done something so increible or thet his career stands out from all the other wrestlers around.
I consider Legends people like Hulk Hogan, Andre The Giant, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Triple H..... i mean in 20 years people will still know who this guys were because they have given us memorable moments that trancend time
Hogan, the guy who made wrestling cool
Hart, transformed wrestling from cartoons to actual wrestling
HBK, brought us the ladder match, the ironman match, Hell in a Cell
Stone Cold Steve Austin, revolutionazed wrestling in the attitude era
Triple H, the most consistent wrestler of the decade

i mean Orton has the necessary tools to achieve legendary status, he has done sooo much at his short age, and if he keeps consistente he can join the Legend category but we still have to see him for a few more years and have victories in great feuds
for example Hogan had a LOT of memorable feuds, Bret and Shawn had each other, the rock and SCSA have 3 wrestlemania battles, Triple H has had real rivalries with the best SCSA, The Rock, HBK, Batista, etc
i want to see him in a legendary rivalry, not some 1 or 2 month feud

Never lost the Survivor Series 5 vs 5 Elimination Match

First I wanna say that he has lost a 5 on 5 elimination match (survivor series 2006 rated RKO v DX) though he was still the last one eliminated.

I do agree that Orton will be legendary however as he has done alot in such little time. Ever since he fought Mick Foley at Backlash 2004 he has been at or near the main event level and is the most interesting part of watching Raw currently. And I can also see him having a solid face run at the latter part of his career as a badass who listens to no one similar to Austin. That is based on the night he kicked Vince in the head. That could have been used to turn him into a big time face and doing something similar later in his career could give him that run.

Yeah I see it happening he's almost there IMO a few more great matches like the HIC match with Taker and stuff like he is doing now it's bound to happen

I could see Randy's career going either way, to be completely honest. Does he have the tools and the skill? Absolutely, and I've thought so since his time in OVW. The only thing I can see standing in his way is todays enviroment in the business. You've gotta believe he's one of, if not the best things going right now. But, the industry is very crowded with young talent. In addition to this, his job is not 100 % safe in the WWE, as his new contract gives the company more ways out of the deal than it does him. If he pisses the boss off too many times in the back, then Vince can fire him in a heartbeat with no repercussions.

Although, in all honesty, I hope he does acheive legendary status. I truly believe in the next few years people will be comparing him to his grandfather.

Of course he'll be a legend. The only people who I remember rocketing through the ranks at such a young age are Brock Lesnar and The Rock.
Brock Lesnar would've been a legend if he had stuck around for a few more years. And The Rock is arguably a legend, and he definately would have been if he hadn't gone to movie making.

Orton has it made. Youngest world champion. 2 title reigns by the age of 28 with another one just around the corner at the Main Event of Wrestlemania 25. He's got "the look", the charisma, the mic skills and he can get it done in the ring. And he's about to go over Triple H, something which only 4 or 5 guys have done in the last 6 years.

And what's even better for Orton is that he'll be around for a long time. He definately won't go to MMA and he won't become an actor. He's much more dedicated to wrestling than The Rock and Lesnar.

I see Orton's retirement as a Ric Flair type affair, with tears and sadness and emotion.

He hasn't "made it" yet. Yes, he has been successful, but he has to continue being successful for a longer time. Personally, I don't think he's done anything really special until recently. He has to get back on top and stay on top, or he's not a legend.

Basically, a legend simply has to create legendary moments. He has done that, and he has proven that he has the "it" factor. Now he must keep on using it.

As long as Randy stays on the straight and narrow (which seems to be the case now that he married and has a kid) and doesn't get the injury bug then the sky is the limit for him. Randy has many more good matches than bad ones... despite people still loving the chinlock joke. Within the last six months or so he has easily become the best promo guy in the business. The fact that he's leading a faction shows that the WWE has faith in him. So if he stays the path he's on now then yes, Randy is absolutely heading towards legendary territory.

Orton is the new era....along with cena....

WWE is fortunate enough to have these 2 guys right now....

Orton is being given the torch at the biggest PPV event of all time WM25....HHH said it best...Orton needs to beat HHH...this is it....this really could be the next match that 10 years from now people will still be talking about....its being built up to that...HHH and Orton have all the cards its up to them how they play them....they can make this huge and i would expect no less...

Orton is on pace to be legendary...he is the guy who will carry WWE through the next 6-10 years alongside Cena...

Absolutely. I personally love Orton right now though cannot stand DiBiase or Rhodes. Arn & Tully they most certainly ain't. I think they are bringing Orton down personally. If WWE wants to give Legacy more credibility then they ought to add Tyson Kidd, Natalya Neidhart & DH Smith due to their connections to the Hart family. Otherwise it's just Randy 'God' Orton plus 2 boring frat boys.

Orton needs the win at WMXXV, this will cement him as THE man. I really do think we could be in for a shock with the dynamics for the HHH-Orton encounter @ Mania, in that we may see a large proportion of the crowd cheering Orton. Don't be surprised if this happens.

I really believe Orton has the tools to become a bigger legend than the rest of his family put together!!! As far as legacy is concerned, i, as a fellow englishman, would like to see D.H Smith join the group and then possibly break away with Natalya Neidhart to feud with legacy as the new hart foundation!!!

Yes I do see Randy Orton becoming a legend. He is one of the best heels in the business I've seen in a long time. I think if he keeps his head on right (now that he is a family man I hope so) but I think he has the WWE legend quailty but has a long way to go to achive that status of course. I think they will keep him a heel for the rest of his career he plays it very well I think to the T. But in todays WWE is there such a thing a heel/face anymore to the fans? I hear mix reactions a lot these days. You will see the age of Orton once again and many times before his career ends.

When all is said and done Orton will be remember as a snake, a legend killer, a man who built his own "Legacy" and REALLY stepped out of his fathers shadow.

I think orton is going to be great one day, he has made a tremendous amount of progress on his mic skills and his in ring ability. his promos every week are strong he makes you hate him because you actually believe he is that evil and vindictive. now since i can't post i thought this might make for a good topic of discussion if someone wants to post.

is priceless being under used or are they being intentionally booked as jobbers to hhh

I agree with you Influenza - Orton is going to be great one day. He is already the top heel in WWE today (second only to Edge and even that's a maybe). He has some of the best promos around and his in ring work is also good.

As far as the Priceless thing, I think they are intentionally being booked to job to HHH the same way Orton & Batista were booked to job to people who HHH was fueding with when they were still in Evolution. At the same time though at least they would get some mic time, some in ring time and a few wins to boot. Dibiase & Rhodes rarely have a match, and when they do it usually consists of them getting beaten in quick fashion. To me, it's a mix of both - they are being booked to job to HHH, but they are being under used too. They could have them lose to HHH, but have some matches on the side and get victories in those. If they are supposed to be the future of wrestling, they need to at least hold the tag titles.

There are two things that will ultimately dictate whether Orton becomes a legend in the business or not. Make no mistakes, while certainly a talent, he's not even close to keeping the same company as a Hogan or Flair just yet.

First, his personality will need to adapt over time. Circa 1993-94, Hogan was essentially done in wrestling. Fans were getting tired of the same old big boot, leg drop, posedown routine. They were seeing guys like Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels having five star plus matches that blew nearly all of Hogans work in the U.S. out of the water. For better or worse, the 80's were over, the business was changing, and the training, prayers, and vitamins were irrelevant.

Then came heel Hogan and everything old was new again. It was unfathomable that the biggest babyface in the business could become heel, but Hogan did it and did it with perfection. He embraced the idea that many wrestling fans thought he was a scumbag that worked when he wanted, how he wanted, and put over (or didn't put over) who he wanted. He made this an integral part of his character and had what I would argue to be just as much success as a heel as he had as a face. I can't think of another wrestler who has reinvented himself so drastically and had similar levels of success in both roles. Hogan in my opinion did it near flawlessly. Over time, Orton will need to do likewise to attain a similar level of status and regard.

The second determining factor will be what he does once he finally gets the ball, and I'm not talking about a world title reign either because quite frankly, almost anybody with a bit of talent and charisma can do that nowadays. Once Orton is given the proverbial "rub" and is identified by the company and others as the top talent, where will he go from there? Will he grip superstardom like Hart and Michaels did, or will he merely touch it, only to fizzle and burn out like the Ultimate Warrior? When something doesn't go his way, will he stick it out or go running? Will his career, integrity, and legacy be more important than how much money he is making or whether he is holding a championship or not?

In the case of Randy Orton, all of that remains to be seen. He certainly has the tools to be a great heel, but will he ever transcend that? When (not if) he does turn face, will it elicit the same emotions that Flairs turns did throughout his career? Will it stir the same kind of feelings as when Hogan "hulked up" for the first time in years when he fought Rock at Wrestlemania? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

neildittmar is right. If the wwe can have a swerve with orton then he really could be that big of a deal and rise to even higher stardom, allong with the rest of the wwe. They can have him become a super heel through the next 3 years. Make him do things that nobody would even dare to do. Then at the right time make him become a face by committing a great act. People will want to see it and it will truly make people believe he is a legend. Anybody who can play a great face and heel should be commended anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back