• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Random Wrestling Thought Of The Day

I mean, yes, that's how professional wrestling works. Anybody who thinks you can grab another man by the arm and throw him hard enough to make him run is delusional. Anybody who thinks a credible way to decide a championship is to hang the belt high above the ring and see who's the first to climb a ladder and grab it is delusional. Of all the preposterous things that occur on a daily basis in professional wrestling, a small man standing a chance against a big man in a fight is near the bottom of the list.

Balor doesn't deserve a match against Lesnar because he hasn't got an interesting bone in his body, not because he's small.

But the Demon....

If they just let Luke Harper be Luke Harper, he'd be over as fuck by now.

Thank God I'm not the only one who thinks this.

But the Demon....

The problem with the Demon is that it accentuates the blandness. The entrance and the costume, in and of themselves, are pretty cool. The problem arises when he takes five minutes to get to the ring, the commentators are all "You've done it now - you've gone and summoned the demon!" and then he wrestles the exact same boring Finn Balor match as he always does.

The problem with the Demon is that it accentuates the blandness. The entrance and the costume, in and of themselves, are pretty cool. The problem arises when he takes five minutes to get to the ring, the commentators are all "You've done it now - you've gone and summoned the demon!" and then he wrestles the exact same boring Finn Balor match as he always does.

I agree completely. Even my girlfriend has pointed out how regular Finn and Demon Finn are the same guy, minus some body paint and a head dress. He doesn't do new moves, he doesn't pull out a super finisher, he sells the same the same as every other match aside from the added angry face. I do kinda like Finn. He seems like a decent person and would be interesting to have a drink with. He rarely puts on a boring match, but none of his matches have felt must see. He seems to lack something, I'm not sure what, that prevents his matches from hitting that final gear. To me it's like if in Dark Knight, Batman just beat the piss out of Joker when they first crossed paths and the movie ended. That isn't in and of itself awful, but it feels very incomplete.

I'm a big Balor fan but yeah, the main roster version isn't as good. The biggest thing for me is having Cole and company constantly saying things like:

"The Demon is Finn Balor's alter ego!"

"Come see the Demon at Great Balls of Fire!"

"THE DEMON IS COMING TO SUMMERSLAM!"

It's one of the primary differences between the main roster and NXT: WWE tells you things and NXT showed you things. In NXT, Balor wouldn't say "the Demon is coming". You just kind of knew to expect it in big matches. Throw in the different costumes he would wear (Jack the Ripper in London, waving a chainsaw around in Dallas) and it felt cool.

The main roster doesn't like cool. The main roster wants to beat you over the head with names so you start talking like Stephanie and start talking on social media and get things trending for them. The main roster isn't the place for the Demon to be cool because it might not be when their precious timeline says he should be the top star. That might make people not think Roman Reigns is the most amazing thing ever when he wins the title from Brock Lesnar in New Orleans for his....let me count here....fourth coronation moment that MUST take place at Wrestlemania.

Balor has the talent, but, as has been the case with so many people from NXT, WWE insists on taking what worked and "fixing" it.

Exactly, and Christian said the same thing on the E&C Podcast.

Demon Balor has the same move set as the Regular Finn. Maybe he should dirty it up and make the Demon stand out.

I can't even remember the last interesting promo Balor has done since his "I'm hurt" speech when he dropped the belt. Take out the word interesting and it's still true. I cannot remember the last Balor promo, honestly could not tell you one bit of information that was include or what the hell it was about. Dude is like watching paint dry. It all blends together and you have to think really hard about what order things happened in.

It seems to me that WWE's afraid of Owens and Zayn getting any heat. Any time they do something bad, they immediately get their comeuppance and then some. They're like the reverse Stephanie McMahon.

I liked Balor's promo and the man and the monster, about the man creating the monster so who is more dangerous.

That's about all I can remember.

It would be cool if the laws of time would chill out just enough that I could see a War Games match between the Von Erich(Fritz, David, Kevin and Kerry) and Hart(Stu, Bret, Owen, Bruce) clans.

It seems to me that WWE's afraid of Owens and Zayn getting any heat. Any time they do something bad, they immediately get their comeuppance and then some. They're like the reverse Stephanie McMahon.

Well we can't have the heels getting what they want and the fans not being happy.

Lesnar's probably had the best career in wrestling; big ppv matches, big earnings, ended the damn streak and yet works the smallest schedule. I'm sure he earned more than Cena did last year.

For a business-minded prizefighter, Lesnar gives his opponents more than anybody else in wrestling. He made AJ Styles look like a million dollars.

For a business-minded prizefighter, Lesnar gives his opponents more than anybody else in wrestling. He made AJ Styles look like a million dollars.

People bang on about how his matches are short and how he pretty much uses the same moves (knees to the body, punches, suplex, F5), yet he's still able to put on a great match and put his opponents over.

I'm not saying he's the greatest, but man what a career.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back