• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

R-Truth - Catch him Fridays Nights!

First time id seen him yesterday, looks so much like K Kwik its scary! But he seems talented, hopefully he makes it. Was pissed at the end of the Chavo match though.

First time id seen him yesterday, looks so much like K Kwik its scary!

...that's because he IS K-Kwik, Mattyboy! During his first stint in WWE, I was a Killings fan, due to the fact that I love fresh talent with athletic ability and charismatic gimmicks. I dug his rapping on the way to the ring and his cartwheel kick. But I was also 15 years old. I didn't have as much of an understanding as I do now. While I believe he could make an impact if handled correctly, I don't expect it to happen. Right now there is no room for two MVPs on Smackdown.

i don't see what's the big deal with killings...i'll give it to him for turning his life from crime to wrestling but other than that, not very impressive...specially with that pathetic dance routine of his

- The feeling within WWE is that Ron "R-Truth" Killings is pretty much protected right now because it is a big deal within the company to have a big African American star right now and it seems Killings is "the chosen one" as one source described it. WWE officials love the gimmick, especially the rapping that he is now doing and are pushing him to really interact with the crowd and get over as much as possible. The feeling is that they're not getting the minority viewers like they want to and are doing whatever it takes to change that.

If WWE want to push a black guy I can think of plenty of other wrestlers. Shelton is one, MVP, Kingston. All of which are better than Killings. But do minorities really watch more if somebody of the same race as them is getting a push? If so that's sad. It shouldn't matter.

Shelton Benjamin was thought of to be the top star at one point but they realized he wouldn't be the one and decided to run with Killings.

I'm not the biggest Shelton fan. But he's a lot better than killings. He was also over as a face. And he didn't do all of that shitty dancing. He'll never be taken seriously doing all that gibberish.

For those who have asked, there is no heat on Killings for leaving the company before and joining TNA and he is said to be getting along with everyone.

I hear he and Cena aren't friends.

So, Killings is "the chosen one"? Maybe that should be his gimmick.
Anyway, as Jake said there are many other people they could push to be the big star, but someone that hasn't even been on the main roster for a month is being touted as the chosen one already?
He's a pretty good wrestler with a different style of offense and he seems to be able to connect with the crowd a bit. But i'm wondering how long the gimmick can last. I think that he'll be given a new gimmick somewhere down the track which will increase his longevity as a superstar, but I think this guy can go all the way.

Ron Killings is a helluva good athlete. But then so is Shelton, who might be the best pound for pound athlete on the WWE's entire active roster.

But he's a good dancer right? Look at him bust a move....Except he looks like a moron. And Rikishi would get my vote on dancing with the superstars before K-Krush does.

And the rapping to the ring is awesome. I'm gettin' rowdy! Wassup! At least Cena rapped at his opponents as promos...and even that was taxing.

But that axe kick, man that's some axe kick. It's almost as good as Booker T's.

And his ring name...R-Truth. What a name. It's catchy, I'll never forget it. But I won't forget the name Pogo the Clown either.

I'm excited Ron Killings made it back to the WWE, I really am. He's going to do well in the WWE, Michael Hayes is making sure of it.

man i can't believe what some of you people write on here....saying other black wrestlers should be pushed instead of r-truth...i have to laugh at most of you....shelton benjamin 2008 is no different than shelton benjamin 2004....for reals...what makes him so good besides wrestling? and MVP isn't that great....killings is good in the ring...reasons why killings should make it...is because
A. his wrestling style is different
B.its the WWE! NEWSFLASH! it aint about the wrestling in the WWE to get over!
look at batista, john cena,etc. even HULK HOGAN... saying shelton benjamin should get over is too damn funny...hes boring

Ok, so apparently WWE wants to make him look like a caveman who can only say the word "whats up"

That promo, interaction, whatever the fuck, was just absolutely god awful. What in the FUCK?? afterall of this seriousness in the promo's leading up to his debut, now they make him look like a fucking cartoon. He didnt even TALK!!! The matches have been getting better, and it seems like he is getting more over. But holy shit, they are going in SUCH a different direction than the original promos. ugh.

It seems to me that the storyline right now with "Truth" is recycled from what was done with Kofi Kingston. Kofi and truth have different gimmicks (obviously), but the overall story seems to be the same.

Both had promos for a few weeks, hyping their debuts. Both had impressive debuts and for a while, had wins over folks we knew they would defeat. And then they had a feud with Shelton Benjamin.

Now that's as far as we've gotten with Truth, but the rest of the story with kofi is a feud with benjamin that lasts in a few matchups with benjamin finally coming out on top. Kofi gets the intercontinental championship. Kofi loses the intercontinental championship, and while he's certainly not on his way out or anything, has definitely lost momentum and is not really in the spotlight anymore.

I wonder if Truth's story is going to go the same way...is he going to ride his momentum, get a title (in this case from Benjamin) too early, lose it, and then be kind of on the back burner? Or is his gimmick good enough to keep his push going?

Or do you think creative will go a different direction with him than they did with Kofi? I'm thinking they should, but like I said, this whole story seems very closely mirroring kofi's so far.

I actually really like Killings and his angle. He is something fresh on Smackdown and I look forward seeing him week after week. Yes, the rapping and "what's up" get's kinda annoying but he is more over with the fans then half of smackdown's roster anyways. Killing also has been pretty good in the ring and he always entertains me while he wrestles. I really hope everything works out for him, because I think he has the charisma to be a pretty decent star. And it doesn't hurt that he seems to get along with creative.

R-Truth really impressed me with his videos to hype his debut. However I have mixed feelings towards whether I like his character or not right now.

It's cool that he is interacting with the fans (which is always a plus to me), but saying 'Whats up" over and over again is going to get old. He should keep rapping though. Maybe a heel turn but still keep the rapping thing?

Either way, I am going to keep watching and see whether he continues to impress or not. Let's give him a little while longer to see where he goes. Something cool might happen. Like him taking the US belt from Shelton, which I hope he (or anyone) does!

I dont mind R-Truths rapping and dancing (although if you ask me Brian Kendricks dancing is way better) but the only time I can think of watching him wrestle it was horrible.

I am talking about his most recent match with MVP, he just seemed uncoordinated and didnt know what to do next, maybe they just had bad chemistry but I am glad that match was short as I couldnt bear it any longer. The crowd was pretty dead too.

I'll be fair though he is popular and that match may have been just a one off, so I'll watch him a bit more and see what happens.

R-Truth has been very entertaining during his time in WWE. I gotta admit that the ''What's Up'' rap song is a little annoying, but I don't mind it. I actually prefer his dancing than his rapping. The Shelton Benjamin/R-Truth feud is interesting, but I hope it drags for longer so that R-Truth could win the United States Championship early next year.

He should have stayed in Mexico with La Legion as wrestling is getting far more interesting down there. All I can see for him in WWE is staying in at the mid-card level and thats it which is to bad because he is a very good wrestler oops I mean "entertainer" now I guess it would be since WWE doesn't want they're talent to be known as wrestlers or superstars lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back