Questions based on nationality

Tastycles

Turn Bayley heel
Americans:

I've noticed in the "Are you proud to be American?" thread, that more than half of the respondants have written "America is the greatest nation on earth." Why do you think that it is?

I'm genuinely intrigued, I don't think anyone British would say this is the greatest nation on earth so I'm not trying to call you out, though I will if someone says something stupid.

British people:

Do you see yourself as British or English/Scottish/Welsh/Northern Irish/United Irish/Manx/Channel Islander whichever you are. I've added united Irish so as not to isolate any Northern Irish who feel that they are Irish not British.

Australians:

Does anyone actually wear/still wear hats with corks on them?

Canadians:

Should Quebec become independent?

Well if it makes you feel any better Tasty, I don't think that way. At all. Any country with such a long history of oppression and imperialism as our own kind of disqualifies it from the running for "Greatest Country on Earth". Same thing for the UK.

I'm sticking with my answer of Sweden. Is there anything they don't do right? Non-interventionism FTW.

I don't think America is the greatest nation on earth but I also don't think any other country is the greatest nation. I don't really think any nation is the greatest to be honest. There might be some nations that are better than others, but that doesn't make them the best. I don't think anyone can give a good reason as to why their nation is the best and who knows if I'll ever see a good reason?

I'm American. I love my country.. I just.. I don't know. It's hard to explain. I'm tired of us getting involved with everyone's problems and being incredibly nosy..

Have you SEEN Sweden's women? They fuck on the first date, they're blonde, and their hygienic. I mean c'mon. I'm seriously going to vacation in Stockholm and I'm knocking up the hottest blonde I go out with. Mark it down.

I love my country, but I know we're not the best. I do tend to think that no one country is the best. Even if one is for any moment, no country has a history worthy of being called "the best".

Tasty, as for why I think America is the greatest country in the world (which certainly is open for debate and in no way am I saying for sure that I'm completely right), I would say it's for a few reasons. To begin with, there's very little we don't have here. We have food, water, medicine (for the most part), security and space. We've been relatively dominant from a military perspective since our birth as a nation (yes there are exceptions here too), meaning that if nothing else we haven't met our match as far as the military goes. Above all, for the most part, there's few limitations on what can be done here. Of course there are laws, but within reason, there's little that any person of legal age can't do. That's what I think at least.

Have you SEEN Sweden's women? They fuck on the first date, they're blonde, and their hygienic. I mean c'mon. I'm seriously going to vacation in Stockholm and I'm knocking up the hottest blonde I go out with. Mark it down.

You can buy almost any American you want, for less than the cost of a trip to Sweden. And, sorry to burst your cum bubble, but not all Swedish women are hot.

Tasty, as for why I think America is the greatest country in the world (which certainly is open for debate and in no way am I saying for sure that I'm completely right), I would say it's for a few reasons. To begin with, there's very little we don't have here. We have food, water, medicine (for the most part), security and space. We've been relatively dominant from a military perspective since our birth as a nation (yes there are exceptions here too), meaning that if nothing else we haven't met our match as far as the military goes. Above all, for the most part, there's few limitations on what can be done here. Of course there are laws, but within reason, there's little that any person of legal age can't do. That's what I think at least.

This is a good respnse KB, but the fact of the matter is, any western country can pretty much claim to any and all of the qualities you just distinguished. I mean take a nation like New Zealand for a moment. They also have food water and medicine. They also have Peter Jackson.
They have security and space and have never lost a war. Why aren't the considered the greatest?

There has to be something attributed to the fact that America is the greatest. A good point might have been it's dominace of most of entertainent in the world. American movies, TV, Music, Pro Wrestling shits over a lot of the worlds in terms of popularity and exposure. While I don't agree with you, this could be a point to bring up.

That thread kind of disgusts me. Rampant nationalism sickens me, any kind.

As for the New Zealand thing, I'd think they don't have a ton of space. They're not small, but by comparison they certainly are.

Not to mention that we fucking keep every other country from getting their buildings run into.

I sincerely hope you don't actually believe that crock of bullshit you just said.

America doesn't give two shits about other countries being run into the ground by madmen as long as it doesn't directly affect us. We have a long history of happily funding and supporting dictatorships and puppet governments across the globe so long as it benefits our interests.

Open a history book 48.

That thread kind of disgusts me. Rampant nationalism sickens me, any kind.

The thread kind of sickened me too...But, only because I was pretty sure everyone was on the same page with saying that guy should've stayed in jail...

I sincerely hope you don't actually believe that crock of bullshit you just said.

America doesn't give two shits about other countries being run into the ground by madmen as long as it doesn't directly affect us. We have a long history of happily funding and supporting dictatorships and puppet governments across the globe so long as it benefits our interests.

Open a history book 48.

Well, you anti-government, conspiracy-theorist bastard.

Open a history book 48.

While true (we did build the Iraq and Afghani war machines), you kind of proved his point with this comment. We protect certain countries, the ones that we'd be fucked without, which is pretty much what you're both saying here. We don't want people fucking with Israel, England, or Pakistan, because they're our "friends". It's politics...Way of the world. I'm sure France wasn't thrilled about helping us out in our revolution, but they did, because it was good business.

If by conspiracy theorist you mean someone who's studied history, than yes, I sure am.

You should really take a look at history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back