• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Q&A with Barbosa

Tis a shame you're leaving. I had allot of fun working with you at KC 5.

What was your favorite RP to write? And will you ever guest host a podcast?

Barbosa's cheesiest line?

Was expecting a more incisive question...

There were almost certainly some cringeworthy lines early in my run but I cannot remember and from then or more recently.

Is there any you are thinking of?

Tis a shame you're leaving. I had allot of fun working with you at KC 5.

What was your favorite RP to write? And will you ever guest host a podcast?

Barbosa in Vegas would be high on the list, although for the direction the character went I always remember the dual RP with Coco (from when Kravinosa Barbinoff were beating EVERYONE) that saw Kravinoff appearing in the poker room being a big step.

Speaking on the podcast would not be my scene. Not sure I would have the microphone for it

If you could debut as Barbosa today with what you've learned over your career with him, how different do you think the run would be?

I actually don't think that it would be anywhere near as good.

The fun of Barbosa was seeing how far myself, Coco and Miko could go by throwing everything out there but still somehow make it relevant to the current story they were involved in. That is probbly what sticks out the most during the BarboSHIT feud/team.

Барбоса;4792293 said:
Was expecting a more incisive question...

There were almost certainly some cringeworthy lines early in my run but I cannot remember and from then or more recently.

Is there any you are thinking of?

Since we been chatting via PM for the last year or so I cant really think of anything to ask you that wouldnt purely be for the show of others seeing your answer.

Not as such, I did wonder if you did re-read old RP's and occasionally cringe. I know I do.

Not a big re-reader of my own work, unless I am looking for some specific information.

I somewhat recently read an essay I wrote in my first year as an undergrad... Holy God it was dire.

Do you have a favourite BarboSHIT RP?

Off the top of my head it would have to be the wedding RP, I thought we totally nailed the kind of POV bias that affects peoples perception of events by telling the same story. Plus spear through wedding cake that started a trend.

And thats actually a question I could ask you. Whats yours?

Thats as a duo, as a stand off-ish effort, our Kingdom Come RPs. Singles RPs that won the matches but nearly broke the unit.

I would definitely go with the wedding RPs. They had a bit of everything - the different perspective of the same thing, the silliness of Manic, the reappearance of the sex pest Smoker, the misunderstandings of SHIT, the robot's actions mirroring each personality, both having to interact with members of the public, all wrapped up in our plans for the round and going forward as a duo.

Without getting overly repetitive, I think our individual efforts made good use of each other's characters.

Not really a question, but thanks for providing some great reads with your RPs. Always enjoyed your character and your insight.

Not really a question, but thanks for providing some great reads with your RPs. Always enjoyed your character and your insight.

Cheers, mate.

Always glad to know that I was not the only one having fun with the adventures of the Barbosas.

Now that your here though, I feel the need to air something about Chris KO. Nothing bad just that it was a real shame that about how the whole end of the AoC played out and specifically how it affected Chris KO himself. No one's fault but a real missed opportunity for a monstrous storyline.

I also think that White Knight Chris KO could actually have been the best version of your character so far. Whilst it may not have been planned and not gotten off to the best start, it was a perfect storm of a character - a complete prick who thought the world owed him something for saving WZCW, when all he had really done was stab his mentor in the back.

While I do not see there being much of a natural fit, I could have seen Blade vs Barbosa as a simple escalating blood feud in my early days in the fed especially in the wake of the results of Meltdown 48 and 49.

Them beating the hell out of each other just for the sake of it could have been interesting.

Are there any rookies you would have liked to a: take under your wing, b: have at least one match with and c: give advice to?

LMD vs. BarboSHIT. The possibilities? Great feud imo.

To be honest, I could not comment much on the possibilities as my RP reading is quite literally non-existent but anything with 'Ty Burna' and Barbosa involved is always gold. Chuck in a robot and a lady and it could only get better.

Part of me thinks that BarboSHIT are a little overlooked in the the success of their run as a tag team. As people could probably tell given that we continued to do linked RPs, Miko and I thought that was plenty of legs in the team (two to be exact, plus two scaled robotic lower appendages).

Are there any rookies you would have liked to a: take under your wing, b: have at least one match with and c: give advice to?

a) Nah, I am not the mentor type. Closest I got was with Miko and SHIT was already awesome by the time I started writing his RPs.

b) Barbosa vs Zeus should probably have happened. Perfect fit between gimmicks. I feel a little like Zeus' crusade to rid WZCW of lunatics never/has yet to really get off the group.

c) I'd always give advice if I thought I had an idea to improve a character. As to the current crop, no individual stands out as 'needing' my help but as a group I would always remind them to forget about trying to win as that way boredom/madness lies and tell a story that you find interesting, using it to develop your character along a natural progression.

That last part is always something I tried to apply to Barbosa. No matter how mental he was, there was a thread of progression and continuity in his actions and words right up to the last exchange as the sad Manic wishes his original friend, Hunter Kravinoff, was there at their end.

I miss you already :(.

If I bring Ty back with promises of chaos and destruction, will you join me in the carnal decimation of the fed once more?

Барбоса;4794819 said:
Just for the fun of it?

The Smoker could get onboard with that.

Do we ever need a reason to do so?

Barbosa becoming a mega-face in opposition to Ty's Age of Chaos would have indeed been interesting.

Insert that feud, starting with Barbosa finally snapping and costing Ty the title at KC and ending inside HIAC, and you have great potential for Ty to throw his authority around (something that was sorely lacking) in the form of multiple obstacles. That way Chris KO would have had more overt reasons to turn against Ty, possibly turning on him during the Cell match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back