• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Q&A with Barbosa

Did you think your RP for Redemption was a world title winning RP?

"A world title winning RP" is an almost completely useless tag as the only thing that can prove that it was such a thing is the fact that I won the world title with it.

Did I truly consider it one of my best? No, probably not. I think I have lost matches (world title matches even) with more entertaining efforts. If anything, it was a little too "box ticky" and verged a bit too close to all out character assassination of Showtime, which is something of a cheap way to go, but it told the story I wanted it to and linked in with what Barbosa and SHIT had been doing for the past six months.

And to be honest, me enjoying it enough is all that really matters to me.

Winning the title is certainly nice but having fun with the character of Barbosa is far more important. In a way, I am just glad that Creative continues to put Barbosa in positions where I have plenty of ammunition to continue firing off fun stories for the maniac (and his bionic best pal). Not winning the title would have been just as useful to further stories than winning it.

Барбоса;4646017 said:
"A world title winning RP" is an almost completely useless tag as the only thing that can prove that it was such a thing is the fact that I won the world title with it.

Did I truly consider it one of my best? No, probably not. I think I have lost matches (world title matches even) with more entertaining efforts. If anything, it was a little too "box ticky" and verged a bit too close to all out character assassination of Showtime, which is something of a cheap way to go, but it told the story I wanted it to and linked in with what Barbosa and SHIT had been doing for the past six months.

And to be honest, me enjoying it enough is all that really matters to me.

Winning the title is certainly nice but having fun with the character of Barbosa is far more important. In a way, I am just glad that Creative continues to put Barbosa in positions where I have plenty of ammunition to continue firing off fun stories for the maniac (and his bionic best pal). Not winning the title would have been just as useful to further stories than winning it.

I still think your Vegas effort was your best shot against me. That would have beat 98% of any other RPs in my opinion.

One day Barbosa. Our feud will be a proper one for a change.

Biggest issue I have right now is proper motivation to write Ty right now as a regular character. I'm alright writing the stuff I'm doing now with him, but writing like I have in the past for him has been a challenge. Using Serafina for All Stars is kind of my way of testing the waters to see if I could do it again, while giving her some attention for a change.

Барбоса;4646637 said:
Incorrect. You have to suck face with Funkay. Probably even have a Live Sex Celebration on Meltdown bedecked in nothing but the tag belts.

Surely that is worth a question or two...

What in the blue hell is wrong with you? You sick fffffffffreak!

Enough ripping off Joseph Rios though and first congratulations. Second of all, simple question, maybe a long answer though; how would you have booked Holmes/Celeste's relationship on the show's up to this point?

Assuming I was ever ready (I never felt like I was)

A. How would you have booked Barbosa/Zeus?

B. will it happen?

Good bye for now or good bye forever?

That's what I meant.

Are you trying out somebody else, taking a break, taking a break and seeing how things go for a while... etc.?

It is probably goodbye for good, although I might be tempted back to deal with some unfinished business sometime down the line.

I had a massive feud planned with a current member of the roster that delved into/established Barbosa's backstory for the first time. I won't go much further than that as it would be to spoil what would be a big reveal.

Assuming I was ever ready (I never felt like I was)

A. How would you have booked Barbosa/Zeus?

B. will it happen?

B: Not likely, unfortunately.

A: I would likely have continued with our few hints of Zeus appearing in the background of BarboSHIT RPs, and eventually interfering in matches because he wanted rid of that mentally 'irregular' duo.

When (if) you come back, will you use a new character?

It'll be Barbosa or no one.

I have long said that creative writing is not my forte but I am usually pretty good at the ideas stage and that is how I view Barbosa - an excellent idea that allowed for so many different things. I mean he was essentially eight different characters at various times.

What has been your favourite storyline involving Barbosa?

Were you surprised that it was Ricky Runn who defeated you for the WHC?

Was there any stage you were unhappy with what Barbosa, the character of course, was doing in the fed?

Was this exit supposed to mirror, in some weird way, CM Punk's exit or is it just similar by coincidence?

What has been your favourite storyline involving Barbosa?

Were you surprised that it was Ricky Runn who defeated you for the WHC?

Was there any stage you were unhappy with what Barbosa, the character of course, was doing in the fed?

Was this exit supposed to mirror, in some weird way, CM Punk's exit or is it just similar by coincidence?

Difficult to say. Teaming with Coco was great fun and allowed me to develop Barbosa as having a comic side. The feud with SHIT was probably the best in terms of fun and standard, although I think my efforts during the AoC feud were best received.

Surprised? Not at all. I even tried to give the title to him through a scripted loss.

There was a period around the time of Big Dave vs Kravinoff that I felt a little like Barbosa was being ignored somewhat. Coco mentioned it in his 'shoot.'

Nothing really planned for the exit. I might have had even less happening for the exit with no appearance by Barbosa or the personalities at Unscripted

Firstly, I apologise for not giving Barbosa enough love around the post-KCIII cycle when I was feuding with Kravinoff.

I suppose the best question I could is what lead into your decision to hang up the boots? Have you been planning to leave for some time?

I came close to hanging it up a while ago but BarboSHIT kept me going.

I have said for a long time that once RPing became more of a chore than fun I would step away and since around KC I have been forcing it. Even winning the title did little to kickstart me.

I could continue on but I don't want to hate the fed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back