• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Q&A with Barbosa

Miko

WATCHA GONNA DO, BROTHER!?
He hasn't agreed to this and I can't guarantee the actual 'A' part, but fire away nonetheless.

Much like JGlass, I am not sure that I want to hurt anyone's feelings by revealing that I have never read any of their RPs, although I suppose that I have already done so with numerous utterances in the discussion thread, my character review thread and even here...

I'm pretty sure you haven't read one of my RPs in ages. Wounds me. Should this post include a question?

Depressing how few people want to pick your brain, despite this threads glowing recommendations.

Барбоса;4424497 said:
Do you really want me to reveal the depths of my lack of knowledge and reading of the fed?

Yes, I will turn this place against you and if possible expose you as a talentless hack in the build up to Lethal Lottery.

How much do you detest the common RP'er? Scale of 1-10 if you like.

Are we laying the ground work for SHIT and Kravinoff vs Barbosa at Kingdom Come?

Depressing how few people want to pick your brain, despite this threads glowing recommendations.

Maybe people are scared off by the combination of Barbosa, Rush, SHIT and Kravinoff?

Yes, I will turn this place against you and if possible expose you as a talentless hack in the build up to Lethal Lottery.

I have fully admitted to a lack of talent. People just do not believe me/do not care.

That is your hurdle to overcome.

How much do you detest the common RP'er? Scale of 1-10 if you like.

Detest is such a strong word. I think "nothing" would be a better verb to use. If it was actually a verb.

I'd ask him to name names, but it's probably hard to remember little details like that. Air is thin up in the ivory tower.

But I love it here. And naming names would require knowing them in the first place...

How fun is Barbosa to write?

What's your favorite match you've been in?

Who's your pick to win Lethal Lottery?

How fun is Barbosa to write?

I find creative writing itself a complete pain in the arse but I would say that Barbosa and his many personalities are the reason why I am still in the fed. As I and others have said from the very start, I have been somewhat cheating by having what are up to 5 characters all rolled into one - plus some rather clever choices of long term associates in Coco, GD and Miko have certainly helped.

What's your favorite match you've been in?

Tricky to say as Barbosa has had the fortune to have been in virtually all of the major type of matches that WZCW has had to offer - his two appearances in the Lottery were fantastic; Big Dave nearly had to kill him to win KFAD at KC III; Barbosa nearly had to kill Toyota in a ladder match to finally get that briefcase; he got to beat the Ty Burna inside Hell in a Cell and had the Match of the Year with SHIT (it was MOTY wasn't it?) where they tried to annihilate each other.

Not sure I would count the cash in as a match per se but it is definitely my favourite Barbosa moment, just ahead of how creepy him singing "The Rains of Castamere" to Ty Burna came off in the run up to Hell in a Cell on MD75.

That RP might just push HIAC ahead of the Texas Death match with SHIT as my favourite match.

Might.

Who's your pick to win Lethal Lottery?

Purely on personal choice of what it could produce in the way of a feud, I would say Rush.

As I have mentioned before, if it is not going to be Barbosa vs Showtime for the title at KCV, then I would very much like to see Rush vs Showtime in an Old School vs New School type showdown, with both picking a group of similarly minded and even lower card characters to build the feud around them.

Maybe even pluck Stan Rodgers out of retirement to attack Showtime at some point.

Who was your inspiration for Barbosa?

As I mentioned to Miko not long ago, there are definitely parts of myself wrapped up in Barbosa - Depressive is a smartypants history buff, Manic is a child who still loves cartoons, Smoker is the sarcastic asshole who does not like people.

But from a gimmick side of things, I would say that the inspiration has to be the Three Faces of Foley and in particular that promo from Madison Square Garden where all three - Dude Love, Mankind and Cactus Jack - appeared on the tron at the same time before the latter's match with HHH.

Барбоса;4425673 said:
Tricky to say as Barbosa has had the fortune to have been in virtually all of the major type of matches that WZCW has had to offer - his two appearances in the Lottery were fantastic; Big Dave nearly had to kill him to win KFAD at KC III; Barbosa nearly had to kill Toyota in a ladder match to finally get that briefcase; he got to beat the Ty Burna inside Hell in a Cell and had the Match of the Year with SHIT (it was MOTY wasn't it?) where they tried to annihilate each other.

I wrote that :D

Still the best ending spot I ever wrote, in my opinion.

But I love it here. And naming names would require knowing them in the first place...

I'd ask him to name names, but it's probably hard to remember little details like that. Air is thin up in the ivory tower.

Good call.

Барбоса;4425401 said:
Are we laying the ground work for SHIT and Kravinoff vs Barbosa at Kingdom Come?

Maybe people are scared off by the combination of Barbosa, Rush, SHIT and Kravinoff?

If thats what it takes to bring you down!

That and your haughty attitude obviously.

I have fully admitted to a lack of talent. People just do not believe me/do not care.

That is your hurdle to overcome.

Nobody likes false modesty. How do you think all the people you've beaten feel when you parade around your so called "lack of talent?"

Detest is such a strong word. I think "nothing" would be a better verb to use. If it was actually a verb.

Nothing is perfect as a number on the scale of 1-10 actually.

You've been on creative. Which member is the least important? Which is the biggest pleb?

Nobody likes false modesty. How do you think all the people you've beaten feel when you parade around your so called "lack of talent?"

By lack of talent, I mean my failings in deep, descriptive writing the likes of which Gelg and Ty dealt in. I feel that even at my best, I am unable to drum up any kind of atmosphere with my words and rely more on the general madness that is the Barbosa character to get me through.

If those people I have defeated still feel bad about that, then there is nothing I can do about it.

Nothing is perfect as a number on the scale of 1-10 actually.

That would be harsh but likely not far from the truth.

But that should not reflect badly on the rest of fed. It reflects my general disinterest with fiction.

You've been on creative. Which member is the least important? Which is the biggest pleb?

Least important? Probably the one who is signed up to do the least work that particular week.

I am unsure what pleb means in this situation.

OK, so I've actually been wanting to ask this for a long while now. Before joining (lounging around at my dad's house over Christmas), I was VERY interested in the bi-polar gimmick. While the multiple personality disorder is great, I was just wondering when the transition took place.

There was never any transition. Barbosa arrived in WZCW with the three personalities already in place. The idea was supposed to be that Barbosa had a dual personality, one of which was the Smoker. The other half of that duumvirate was supposed to be bi-polar, giving us the Manic and Depressive.

But then it quickly became clear that Barbosa's condition is far too extreme to really be considered bi-polar and is probably not strictly schizophrenic either. At least that is my admittedly extremely limited understanding of the medicine involved.

How do you feel when people come to you for help? Is it merely casual scorn or is there a deeper rooted hatred?

I cant remember, if it has then talk more specifically. I want to hear about throbbing veins and that sort of thing.

You can do that if you want, I cant even remember the last time I wrote an RP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back