Q & A Session

Ty Burna

Getting Noticed By Management
Per Number saying he wanted to see me do one of these, I'll have my own ask a question thread.

Ask away, keep the questions legitimate, you'll get a response.

Thoughts on Constantine and his progress -- Past and present.

Where does Chris rank on Ty Burna's rivals list?

1. Showtime
2. Barbosa
3. Vengeance
4. Austin Reynolds
5. Chris K.O.

You're fifth, but to be fair we hotshotted the hell out of our rivalry because it never was fully revealed until after KC and then I went away after Redemption. Whereas Showtime and I will forever be tied together, including three World Title Matches. It's one of those feuds that could just start up at any moment and it's money. Barbosa and I had a fluid rivalry, always wanting to kill each other but working together when the time was right. The Dark Alliance is easily in my top two for favorite storylines I've done and working with Polley (Vengeance) was a great experience and was a huge honor to retire him in a passing of the torch moment. I know my feud with Reynolds wasn't received as well as I had hoped but it led to a nice heel turn on my part as well as probably got the best out of Numbers to date.

If we had more time to feud instead of going straight to the Casket match you likely would be higher on the list. For that I apologize because I blew that opportunity to do so.

Thoughts on Constantine and his progress -- Past and present.

Constantine is a great heel, and I don't think he's gotten the respect he should as of yet. You've progressed tremendously since debuting him, and you're starting to get that consistency that I think you lacked earlier with the character. One thing I did notice before is that you didn't really stick with your gimmick all too much, straying away to try and attack your opponent's own gimmick without keeping mind of your own. You also tried to bring a darker edge to him which didn't work and I believe I've told you that before when you had the hanging gallery RP. That and the political background should have indicated that Constantine was a leader, not a follower, and your two stints of working next to Holmes and Showtime led me to believe Constantine was more of a lackey then a leader. Now that you have your own stable with The Empire, I want to see Constantine enforce the notion that he is a leader of men and not just someone that ties on to someone to reach success.

That aside in the past, it's great to see Constantine rising up to the main event level. You have the skills to compete with the best and now that you've gained consistency you can compete night in and night out. I'm glad to see you're not going to ridiculous levels with the King gimmick, it's a perfect blend and it fits you as the KFAD winner, but it's not over the top like a King Booker did. You keep it grounded with the added bonus of people having to acknowledge your KFAD victory. You've reached the point where you should stay in the Main Event scene as Constantine has the potential to be as diabolical a heel as anyone can be.

Overall a strong character, a strong RP'er who's really hitting his stride. Your match with Showtime is going to be a tough one to choose a winner.

How disappointed were you that I didn't win the Gold Rush and let us have a match?

Fairly disappointed, the story we could have told with Phoenix and Ty would have been stellar. I know if you had won the tournament you would have brought your absolute best against me, which is what I enjoy most about whoever I face, I always seem to get the best from them. That being said, Gordito ended up being a surprise storyline for my character, taking him on in a mentoring type role to him. I really enjoyed my RP as I visited both you and Gordito before the finals of it, and I was going to be pleased with whoever won it.

Continuing my trend of being rather self-indulgent, I'd like to ask your opinion on me, my character, and my RPs.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on me as an RPer, Triple X's rookie year and where you see him going this year, please :)

What's your favourite match verse me?

What's your favourite RP you write verse me?

What's your favourite RP I've written verse you?

If Ty Burna returns, what is the likelihood of the ShowTyme express forming?

I had all this wrote out, and I hit the wrong button and lost it all. Did I have my Lazarus program that saves it for me installed? Of course not so let's try this again, though my thoughts may be a bit shorter.

Continuing my trend of being rather self-indulgent, I'd like to ask your opinion on me, my character, and my RPs.

Saxton is the shit, straight up man. I love the gimmick, and I love the adventures he goes on in every RP. It makes each RP of yours stand out for that reason alone, nothing is ever the tried and true method of RPing, which if you can hit your stride and do it right, you can put on an impressive run, and with working with J, you've done even better as a writer. Personally I believe it takes a certain type of genius to be able to write a comedic character like Saxton and Saboteur, it's something I've never been able to do well enough to make it a regular gimmick (though to be fair I've never had a character to do comedic stuff with). You've grown quite a bit since your initial run as Karzai, and with Saxton that growth has become exponential. You do a great job of keeping the reader invested in your work, and it's an enjoyable read every time.

On a persona level you and I have had a few disagreements on how a fed should run, but it's never been a major issue. While our views on how things should be done may be different, we both agree that the most important aspect of an e-fed is to have fun. When I first forayed into working in Photoshop, you gave me good encouragement and positive feedback with what I was doing and for that I thank you.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on me as an RPer, Triple X's rookie year and where you see him going this year, please :)

I've been a big fan of Triple X almost from the get go of you stepping into the fed. When you first started I think you had a no show or two and I was concerned about losing a promising talent like yourself to a no show issue, which we've had in the past. That being said you started out with a ton of quality, and you've only grown since then. Your RP's are phenomenal and I can really feel the emotion that are in them. You've gained quite a following here, and it's completely deserved on your end. You're a great writer, your character is awesome, and you're a real chill dude which completes the trifecta.

You're at that stage where I was when I was teaming with Vengeance against Titus and Showtime. You're just under that World Title feud, but if you keep up with what you're doing now, you'll be getting a shot at the World Title far sooner then later. And I'd be willing to bet safe money on you to win it if the chance arises.

What's your favourite match verse me?
Any match that I won over you :p. In all seriousness our match at KCIII is still my favorite match between us. Funny that through all the violence and wars we've been through my favorite match was a standard 1 on 1. That being said it was the culmination of the bitterest part of our rivalry, and the ending was perfect. We're so evenly matched that it came down to you hitting your finisher while I locked in my submission. Excellent match overall.

What's your favourite RP you write verse me?

My KCIII RP. I had one wrote up initially that was standard fare, and I realized that it wasn't going to cut it against you. I scrapped a 4,000 word RP and completely went a different direction, thus creating the Noir style RP I ended up going with. To this day it's in my eyes my masterpiece.

What's your favourite RP I've written verse you?

Your RP against me at Apocalypse. It was worthy of a win and it gave us a nice in depth look of Trent Stonewall, which ended up being a great long term story point on your part. Actually this was a very difficult choice as I've pretty much enjoyed all of your RP's against me.

If Ty Burna returns, what is the likelihood of the ShowTyme express forming?

Depends on if you'll actually stay on the same alignment as me or not if I have Ty return. Seems like when I turned face, you turned heel right afterwards and vice versa. We can never get on the same page. We could be the super face team to end all super face teams, or the most evil and vicious tag teams to have ever existed in WZCW. A Tag Title run would be a necessity as well.

Scumm was never going anywhere, was he? But was there any chance you thought I could've beat Triple X when we fought at Kingdom Come?

Krypto's success came after you left creative, was there any chance you were holding me back Ty? And by this I mean is have your thoughts on him changed since last time.

Mikey Stormrage, great tag team champion or greatest tag team champion? I'd love to hear what you think about him and where he is headed now that he is on his own.

What's your thought on Angel?

You don't utilize your gimmick nearly enough. From your prior RP's what I have seen is a guy with no gimmick who just randomly reads off Bible verses. Your character is a natural foil to The New Church, yet you don't utilize or have given yourself nearly enough to work with to make the character interesting like they had. Your character is rooted in Mexico which is what I also did with El Califa Dragon, and I honestly didn't even remember that your character was Mexican until I actually read your roster page again. That doesn't mean your character doesn't have to suddenly be a huge Mexican Nationalist like my character and act in that manner, but you could acknowledge the lucha libre history your character brings to the table. It seems like you try to make him sound pious but he sounds dull more then anything and your writing shows it at times.

I don't mean to be harsh on this but it's criticism you'll want in order to expand your character and make your RP's better. One thing I would recommend is going back and writing more history into your character. Always give yourself more to work with then just a mere gimmick and a name. I did that with Ty, but when I started writing for him I began writing up a back history, creating something that isn't in the present, but history that will lead to material to fall back on and explain certain aspects of the character. With El Califa I immediately created the back story to the character and though I haven't quite been successful with him, I have a plethora of items at my disposal for RP's. One other thing is create a unique type of speaking for Angel. With Ty I had him be overly eloquent, a large vocabulary, yet with a viciousness that you can detect while reading. With Califa he's a more simple speaker, but it's unique to him with every writing I do.

Just a few tips, and again I didn't mean to be critical but it's mostly advice I would give you to gain success with the character.

Scumm was never going anywhere, was he? But was there any chance you thought I could've beat Triple X when we fought at Kingdom Come?

You were slowly getting there with Scumm. Not everyone is a fantastic writer out of the gate, it takes time and a lot of practice. You were improving before you left.

There was always a chance, we've never just immediately decided before reading RP's who was going to win, we take the RP's on their merits. Had you produced a high quality piece and X stumbled, you could have won. We didn't put you in the match just for the lulz and giggles, you had done enough going up to that point that we felt it warranted you challenging X to see exactly how far your development had come. While you failed, it was encouraging to see you improving.

Krypto's success came after you left creative, was there any chance you were holding me back Ty? And by this I mean is have your thoughts on him changed since last time.

Yes because I totally made it my life's mission to hold down a rookie that at the time I saw no chance of going anywhere :rolleyes:.

I'm sounding like a broken record here but you're probably the one that's made the most rapid improvement that I have seen as of late. I had given Isabel Stone the win in the NXT esque thing once I read initial RP's in it. Working with two high quality writers in J and Doc helped you immensely, and like I said in feedback I did for you, I don't know how much help they gave you, but they gave you tools to be able to tell a story in your RP with your character. Once you realize how to do that, you'll go far in the fed.

I'm still not 100% on the gimmick but I can forgive that as you're proving that you can use it to your advantage. You're doing well with it now, just keep working at it.

Mikey Stormrage, great tag team champion or greatest tag team champion? I'd love to hear what you think about him and where he is headed now that he is on his own.

I haven't gone after the Tag Titles yet so I'll let you know after my future 2 year reign as champion with whoever is lucky enough to tag with me :).

To be honest, for a good while I thought of you as the weak link in Strikeforce. I saw James Howard as the one who would be the breakout star of the duo, but you've proven me wrong and I'm always glad when I'm proven wrong about someone being better then I initially thought.

Going from a tag team to singles is going to be a different transition for you, that's one thing about tag matches that I enjoy is being able to bounce ideas off your partner to develop a stronger RP. What you did with Mikey after you came back is nothing short of stellar. You took a character who I didn't have a ton of faith in and who was only a comedic esque character in my eyes and brought a serious edge to him that's helped you greatly and Strikeforce as a team. It was a shame to see Strikeforce having to disband, but this is going to be your true test as a singles competitor. Grand Mystique is going to be a really good check to see where you're at and I have no doubts you'll be able to succeed on your own.

You may not have been the breakout star of the team that I had anticipated, but keep proving my initial judgement wrong and succeed solo. You got it in you now it's just about putting it all together.

Should we have a WZCW HOF?

Right now? Probably not. Most of the people that would be voted in are still active and that doesn't make a ton of sense to have active guys adding WZCW HOF to their achievements and WZCW hasn't been around long enough to justify having it, especially when the first class ever would involve Titus and Everest (I would say me but I'm trying to not be an egotistical bastard about it), where Titus was World Champion a few months ago and if Everest ever comes back he would be active as well.

I would not feel right voting in the likes of Joseph Rios. Was he a big name at the beginning? Yes but they did it the wrong way where a champion retained without ever RPing. That's dirty to me and I would not want that in a HOF.

It's hard to say in a few years especially the way the internet works and how people's interests change, but if the right people were still around to appreciate every character and event, I would say then would be the right time to do a HOF. Looking at it from this perspective, I've been in wZCW for 3-4 years now, which is a good majority of the fed's history, and that's not a long enough term to have a HOF right now. It should happen one day, but we need to build up a lot more until then.

Was there a specific spot during a match that you always wanted to write or something you wanted to incorporate during an angle but never got to see any fruition?

Should we have kept the Apostles of Chaos storyline going beyond Redemption, when would you have envisioned the finale between you and KO to be: Apocalypse or Unscripted?

Apocalypse has been voted one of the worst PPV's on a consistent basis, giving off the notion that it is the worst cycle to hang around as it is mid-year and all the best PPV's are either gone or coming up. I've had a couple of ideas floating around in my head to improve the PPV like possibly removing the KFAD Elimination Chamber from Kingdom Come and shoving it on the Apocalypse card. At the moment, nothing is happening... I just got a random thought when writing the last question so it got me thinking: what would be your ideas to improve the PPV and the cycle overall?

If you could bring any WZCW wrestler back from the released section that isn't your own character, who would it be?

Thoughts on GM?
Reynolds?
RRR?

We have had a lot of shit thrown at us so thoughts on:

Our main event run together?
The shows we put as head and deputy of creative?
The shows we have put out since you left?
Why people are scared of you and scared of approaching creative in general?
The sudden stream of public criticism?

1. Was there anyone in the fed you thought would be too much for you as Ty Burna?

2. Favourite storyline Ty Burna was a part of?

3. Favourite storyline you were the driving force behind (that you came up with basically)?

4. How much do you like Dragon as opposed to Ty Burna?

5. You've already stated what you think of S.H.I.T and my past work, which I am grateful for, but I am a validation sponge. So what do you think of my recent RP's if you've been keeping up to date?

I'll get to everyone a little later on. I got 24 minutes of work left, then drinks may very well soon be in the picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back