Putting some gold on the Wyatts

GeTiTT

Pre-Show Stalwart
After their feud with Roman Reigns and Family, The Wyatts seem to have gone downhill. Their short feud with the BOD did them no favors as they ended on the short end of it. Their current feud with the ECW originals isn't doing much to elevate them other than show they can take out some old guys. We know the Wyatts are strong and powerful and dominating but they have nothing to show for it. I think its time to get gold around their waist. They need to begin to take over divisions. We can start with them feuding with The New Day for the tag gold. (Harper, Rowan, Strowman) they need to go after the tag team titles and take them from the New Day. (Heel/Face) status shouldn't matter for the Wyatts if they want to prove to be dominant. As for the leader Bray, either he wins the Royal Rumble or he begins to feud with Ambrose to eventually take the IC title before Wrestlemania.

What are your thoughts on the Wyatts and where they need to go for the near future??

I am hoping at some point they get involved in a feud with LON. The feud with ECW Originals was fun to watch. 3/4 of those guys they went against are future HOFers so it was good for once to see them come out on top. I don't particularly agree with them feuding New Day, just seems like it would be a bad matchup. Like putting Santino in a program against Kevin Owens.

When this topic comes up somebody normally replies that going for the belts doesn't fit their characters motivations. I never bought that. Wyatt's a cult leader, it could easily be explained by using the prestige of a championship to recruit new members.

I don't see them gaining any soon. Intercontinental title just changed hands, heel holds US title, the New Day deserve to be tag champs and nobody wants to see Reigns/Wyatt again so soon.

This feud with the ECW guys has worked for giving them a feud which they'll win but they need continuous momentum. They need to keep winning the big matches.

I can appreciate the reasoning of OP, but I disagree. In my view, if there's one wrestler (or group) who don't need gold around their waists, it's the Wyatt family.

They're on a different mission.....a different plane than everyone else. Their reasons for being around are as mysterious as many of Bray's speeches. The Wyatts' are looking to take down people for their own reasons ('Anyone but you, Roman') and their lack of involvement with anyone except whom they're going after at the moment makes them as flexible a group as has existed in WWE. They can be used in almost any situation; their crazy behavior will make it fit.

Bray himself can be the opposition to Undertaker at WM31, even handling the promoting of the match by himself because 'Taker is never around......and at the same time, he can order his minions to do his bidding in multi-man matches when Bray wants to stand aside and observe the effects of whatever it is he's looking to accomplish at that moment.

The Wyatts' don't need titles; the belts would be extraneous to their purpose. Besides, they would parade their weirdness exactly the same whether wearing gold or not......I can't see any of them bragging into the mic: "I'm the champion!"

If they someday win a title, we'll see how useless it would be to them.

I always enjoy how fans complain the Wyatts do the same damn thing over and over and over...but then say that they shouldn't be going for Titles.

People want the Wyatts to do something different. They've never ever held any championships ever. Put a belt on them. There's something different.

I say start letting them go over in feuds first before we start discussing putting titles on them. How many feuds have they won since John Cena last year? Enough to warrant putting a title on them? Even the great HBK it took a few years in to finally grasp any gold. Putting the gold on Bray or anyone else in the family isn't going to do them any good if it doesn't elevate them. Good booking and going over will elevate them. Has the US title elevated Del Rio? Did the IC title do Kevin Owens any good? Those are things I look at.

I am hoping at some point they get involved in a feud with LON. The feud with ECW Originals was fun to watch. 3/4 of those guys they went against are future HOFers so it was good for once to see them come out on top. I don't particularly agree with them feuding New Day, just seems like it would be a bad matchup. Like putting Santino in a program against Kevin Owens.

So who is Santino in this case? Wyatt Family or New Day? :shrug:

Back to the topic, I think Yes! They especially Bray Wyatt needs to win a title.... Even Luke Harper has been an IC Champ but no title for Bray! But first they need to start winning some feuds and that too dominantly then i am totally on for Bray Wyatt as a champ be it IC or US or even WWE WHC! :rolleyes:

Here's the deal with the Wyatts and Championship. Everyone that gets on the WWE, dreams of becoming a World Champion someday. Everybody. You can't really have a guy like Bray Wyatt come out and say, "Oh you know, I don't care about titles". Nope. It's wrong. Then, why the hell are you here for son? Why the hell are you in a sports competition (kayfabe speaking), if you don't care about becoming a Champion?

A wrestler saying that he does not want the title is the biggest lie ever. It's a disgrace and I strongly disagree anytime a character gets that route, especially if it's for the long run. Also, Bray competes in MITB matches and the Royal Rumble. Why the hell is he in those matches if he does not want the World Championship?

Bray is a very unique wrestler to have. He's the kind of guy that does not need the title to be relevant, I get that, but that doesn't mean that he shouldn't be one. He's also the only wrestler to suffer so many big losses in big feuds but to still stay relevant in the upper mid card. He's something like Mick Foley of this generation.

At many points I thought that Bray could have been an excellent heel Intercontinental Champion, but I understand the company's position not to give him the belt since he really does not need it and also he's always featured on top of the card. But with the rest of the Wyatts, I wouldn't mind a Championship run for them, especially in Tag Team level or Midcard level (for Luke Harper).

As for Bray, I really believed that he had to win that Tag Team match at Survivor Series, or at least he had/has to beat Undertaker one-on-one at some point, in a similar way Orton did back in 2005. He can't just leave it be 2-0, he must have the final laugh. What kind of "new face of fear" is that.

I don't mind a title run for him, but now is not the time. Ambrose will be a great IC Champ and Del Rio is the US Champ and a member of LON. What I can see happening is the Wyatts turning face (which I really want) and face of LON for a match at 'Mania, where Bray and bros pick up the win, while also Harper gets the US Championship belt. I could follow that storyline, instead of 4 random faces challenging LON, which always seems to be the route WWE is taking.

As for Bray, I really believed that he had to win that Tag Team match at Survivor Series, or at least he had/has to beat Undertaker one-on-one at some point, in a similar way Orton did back in 2005. He can't just leave it be 2-0, he must have the final laugh. What kind of "new face of fear" is that.

Exactly..... Losing at Survivor Series ended his credibility or atleast it has depleted his credibility almost fully...
Lets see his singles match career at main roster
1. Defeated Kane via interference at Summerslam
2. Defeated Kofi Kingston at Battleground
3. Defeated Daniel Bryan at Royal Rumble
4. Lost to John Cena at Wrestlemania 30
5. Defeated John Cena via interference at Extreme Rules
6. Lost to John Cena at Payback
7. Lost to Chris Jericho at Battleground
8. Defeated Chris Jericho at Summerslam
9. Defeated Dean Ambrose at Survivor Series via DQ
10. Defeated Dean Ambrose at TLC
11. Lost to Undertaker at Wrestlemania 31
12. Defeated Ryback at Payback
13. Defeated Roman Reigns at Battleground via interference
14. Lost to Roman Reigns at Hell in a Cell
Only 5 clean wins and 5 clean losses :shrug:

Here's the deal with the Wyatts and Championship. Everyone that gets on the WWE, dreams of becoming a World Champion someday. Everybody. You can't really have a guy like Bray Wyatt come out and say, "Oh you know, I don't care about titles". Nope. It's wrong. Then, why the hell are you here for son? Why the hell are you in a sports competition (kayfabe speaking), if you don't care about becoming a Champion?

A wrestler saying that he does not want the title is the biggest lie ever. It's a disgrace and I strongly disagree anytime a character gets that route, especially if it's for the long run. Also, Bray competes in MITB matches and the Royal Rumble. Why the hell is he in those matches if he does not want the World Championship?

Bray is a very unique wrestler to have. He's the kind of guy that does not need the title to be relevant, I get that, but that doesn't mean that he shouldn't be one. He's also the only wrestler to suffer so many big losses in big feuds but to still stay relevant in the upper mid card. He's something like Mick Foley of this generation.

At many points I thought that Bray could have been an excellent heel Intercontinental Champion, but I understand the company's position not to give him the belt since he really does not need it and also he's always featured on top of the card. But with the rest of the Wyatts, I wouldn't mind a Championship run for them, especially in Tag Team level or Midcard level (for Luke Harper).

I don't mind a title run for him, but now is not the time. Ambrose will be a great IC Champ and Del Rio is the US Champ and a member of LON. What I can see happening is the Wyatts turning face (which I really want) and face of LON for a match at 'Mania, where Bray and bros pick up the win, while also Harper gets the US Championship belt. I could follow that storyline, instead of 4 random faces challenging LON, which always seems to be the route WWE is taking.
Someone like Bray can say "I don't care about belts, I'm just here for the chaos." Done.

The belts should only be the goal for the top echelon, in kayfabe. Obviously, when someone gets into wrestling, they want to be the champion, but in the world of kayfabe, it makes absolutely zero sense that a mid carder or low carder or feather/cruiser weight would want the Heavyweight championship. Sure, it happens, but in kayfabe, someone like Rey Mysterio should fear for his life against Brock Lesnar.

As for the Wyatts, keeping them away from gold is the only SLIGHTLY interesting thing about them.

You need to give Bray something specific that he actually cares about, be it a belt or whatever.

When Bray goes off on one of his tangents, it's like listening to a compulsive screamer announce through biblical allegory that he's having a massive stroke.

He can still be weird, just make him a little more certain of what he cares about. No more vague symbolic bullshit, or at least don't make that the focus of why he got on the mic at all. He wants chaos, which is great if that were a clearly defined term. I think that chaos can be neglecting to separate the recyclables.

Imagine if you will, that the Wyatt family betrays Bray and leaves him lying in the ring. Maybe other wrestlers ask him to be a part of their heel or face posse, and he refuses because he follows nobody. Bray Wyatt goes to the Royal Rumble full of piss and vinegar and obliterates his opponents before eliminating them. Now he's focused on not just proving himself to the brethren that betrayed him, but to every other performer on the roster.

Give Bray Wyatt the crucifix power bomb as a finisher. Sister Abigail is neat for a signature move, but it just doesn't look like a finisher. As someone who regularly channels his inner Jesus Christ Superstar, I think it would fit as a move that someone like Bray could make more theatric.

Bray's promos need to actually foreshadow something, they need to be revealed as prophetic musings that are on par with the diabolical genius of Hannibal Lector. For all of his career, Bray has been the butt of every one of his feuds except (to my knowledge) Daniel Bryan. At the very least, plan out his feuds so that maybe something he had said months ago turns into something clever at the pinnacle PPV.

Bray could be the most haunting presence in the WWE, but for now he's just a blathering idiot on a losing streak.

I would love to see the world title on Bray. And I think harper and Rowan are past time for a good tag titles run. BUT with the current deal with champions on ESPN the next deal usually, would you want those hairy dirty clothes wearing men representing the company? Their almost bald, wears cloths that "look" dirty and do have that backwoods look.

I know wwe used that in storyline as the "face" of the company with Bryan and Orton. But do you really wanna turn spots center on in the morning and ole nasty Luke harper?? Lol

Exactly..... Losing at Survivor Series ended his credibility or atleast it has depleted his credibility almost fully...
Lets see his singles match career at main roster
1. Defeated Kane via interference at Summerslam
2. Defeated Kofi Kingston at Battleground
3. Defeated Daniel Bryan at Royal Rumble
4. Lost to John Cena at Wrestlemania 30
5. Defeated John Cena via interference at Extreme Rules
6. Lost to John Cena at Payback
7. Lost to Chris Jericho at Battleground
8. Defeated Chris Jericho at Summerslam
9. Defeated Dean Ambrose at Survivor Series via DQ
10. Defeated Dean Ambrose at TLC
11. Lost to Undertaker at Wrestlemania 31
12. Defeated Ryback at Payback
13. Defeated Roman Reigns at Battleground via interference
14. Lost to Roman Reigns at Hell in a Cell
Only 5 clean wins and 5 clean losses :shrug:

In my book a win is a win and a loss is a loss. Doesn't matter if it is clean or not. In fact I do not get some fans and their obsession with clean wins and losses. According to that list and Bray Wyatt's track record it seems like he has gotten some measure of victory or revenge against every wrestler he has feuded against except the Undertaker. And Undertaker is exactly the type of star that Bray Wyatt should be beating. It makes no sense for Undertaker not to pass the torch to the "Next Face of Fear" so if Bray never gets his revenge over the Deadman, in my opinion that would be detrimental for the type of role Bray is trying to fill.

The Wyatts don't need championships. Bray Wyatt needs a championship. One championship. The WWE championship. Anything else would be theoretically useless to his cause.

Bray needs to either be established as a monster heel, or battle the Authority as a face. Is it still anyone but Roman? Why not pull that trigger? I'm still a believer in Bray, clearly, but I just still don't understand him. And I blame that 100% on creative. I'll go down as saying his promo about stealing the Brothers powers was my favorite promo this year. He sold the shit out of that, in my opinion

And no to the feud against New Day. That wouldn't help anyone. Keep them as far away from each other as possible

In my book a win is a win and a loss is a loss. Doesn't matter if it is clean or not. In fact I do not get some fans and their obsession with clean wins and losses. According to that list and Bray Wyatt's track record it seems like he has gotten some measure of victory or revenge against every wrestler he has feuded against except the Undertaker. And Undertaker is exactly the type of star that Bray Wyatt should be beating. It makes no sense for Undertaker not to pass the torch to the "Next Face of Fear" so if Bray never gets his revenge over the Deadman, in my opinion that would be detrimental for the type of role Bray is trying to fill.

Yeah thats my major complaint! I can see the logic of him being defeated at Wrestlemania by Undertaker because of the streak but Bray must have won at Survivor Series atleast so that he can really be "New Face of Fear" The matter with clean win especially here is that He is a Face of Fear so he should win cleanly!

Only problem with Bray Wyatt winning the WWE Heavyweight Championship now is, Roman Reigns is holding that title. Would you really want to see another long winded feud with Roman and Bray Wyatt again ? Not me, it was fine and it ended with a very good Hell in the Cell match. Both have gone their separate ways and maybe Bray will shock the universe by attacking The Authority down the road and getting gold, but I hope it's not off Roman because that feud is done IMO.

After their feud with Roman Reigns and Family, The Wyatts seem to have gone downhill. Their short feud with the BOD did them no favors as they ended on the short end of it. Their current feud with the ECW originals isn't doing much to elevate them other than show they can take out some old guys. We know the Wyatts are strong and powerful and dominating but they have nothing to show for it. I think its time to get gold around their waist. They need to begin to take over divisions. We can start with them feuding with The New Day for the tag gold. (Harper, Rowan, Strowman) they need to go after the tag team titles and take them from the New Day. (Heel/Face) status shouldn't matter for the Wyatts if they want to prove to be dominant. As for the leader Bray, either he wins the Royal Rumble or he begins to feud with Ambrose to eventually take the IC title before Wrestlemania.

What are your thoughts on the Wyatts and where they need to go for the near future??

It's hard to see them with gold, especially Bray. I'd say just have Rowan and Harper chase the tag titles for now since it's unlikely Bray could find a favorable feud over a title.

I think you need to build the whole Wyatt family up for a few months before putting them in any sort of title picture to be honest. Sure the Wyatts are credible enough to take the Tag, US, or IC belts right away but it becomes much more impactful when done right. First things first, enough of these 8 or 6 man tag matches, insert Rowan and Harper into the tag division, have Strowman go on a 3 month winning streak before Mania, and let Wyatt win the few matches that he does wrestle solo, with the help of his family. Harper and Rowan should easily run through teams like The Dudleys, The PTP, Lucha Dragons, etc. on their mission for the gold. Strowman should really start to be booked like an unstoppable monster again, because he's been pretty unprotected over the last few weeks which is hurting him. Lastly, Wyatt shouldn't be in the ring all that much. He should be a special attraction similar to Lesnar who WINS the majority of his matches.

Following Mania, you could easily have the next "big" story be the now unstoppable Wyatts' quest to take over the WWE, starting with the titles. Any reason could be given to make this work. The easy solution would be to hand the Wyatts some titles. The best solution, in my opinion, is to build them strong in the next few months before Mania so you have options with them after Mania.

In my book a win is a win and a loss is a loss. Doesn't matter if it is clean or not.

Agreed, and it defines the essence of Bray Wyatt and his minions. They don't need clean wins; they would be extraneous to their purpose. After winning a match, cleanly or not, do you see Bray walking around the ring with his arms raised in triumph?

Of course not, because it's not winning that's important to him. That we still don't really know what is important is part of the allure of his team. In fact, even losses don't particularly bother him, do they? Win or lose, he sits there laughing.

His 'mission' is whatever WWE needs it to be. They've created a totally flexible character, casting a 'wild card' ingredient into each recipe. It's why the company always has something for Bray & his boys to do.

For the same reason, he doesn't need championships. A title belt would add nothing to what he's about.

I think the Wyatts winning some gold would be a great way to help elevate the group. Personally I would like to see Harper and Rowen capture the Tag Team titles, and with the Usos, New day and Lucha Dragons facing each other multiple times now, having another Team in the mix would only help freshen things up a little.

The problem with Wyatt is that he gets on the mic and says he's going to do this and that and eventually does nothing.

1 - He never wins important feuds.

He lost to Daniel Bryan. He lost to John Cena. He lost to Undertaker. He lost to Roman Reigns.

He defeated Chris Jericho, who puts over everyone, and Dean Ambrose, who also can't win a feud.

2 - He never recruits anyone.

He's a cult leader. Cult leaders recruit others to join their cult. Who has Wyatt recruited? Rowan, Harper, and Strowman isn't a bad rep, but he needs to recruit someone "normal" such as when he recruited Daniel Bryan, except it should last longer than a month.

3 - He never wins titles.

This is the point the OP made. Wyatt should be WWE Champion already. As another poster said, him being champion would potentially convince others to join his cult.

I seem like a broken record when I say this, but Wyatt (and basically everyone in WWE) is great in the ring and on the mic but limited and held-back by Creative.

So the world title picture is pretty much tied up for the next year or so with Reigns-Rollins-Sheamus.

With the Wyatts looking to be elevated i would have them dominate the mid-card scene. I would have Bray win the IC first and then on Raw or the next PPV have the rest of the family take over. Luke takes the US title and Rowan and Braun take the tag titles from the New Day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back