Punjabi Prison Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm from Punjab and I know a little about these kinds of matches. There's a lot of barbed wire and cage but, not like the normal ones you see in the WWE. The cage is usually made out of barbed wire not steel and each opponent has weapons that they can use to attack each other. And, I think there's also barbed wire on the floor so you can't get out but, I'm not sure if that's gonna be happening at the Great American Bash. It's a toughie but, I'm sure Taker will kick butt!!! Somebody needs to beat Kahli before I scream!! Sheesh, so what if he's 7ft 3, it's not like he's a wall of human flesh- wait a mintue I think he is... LOL!!! No I'm serious I dislike wrestlers that people are in "awe" of because of just their size not the wrestling talent. I'm not insulting Kahli or anything... just wish I could see some more moves. On the other hand the whole "I'm freakin' huge fear me" thing might be his gimmick. Sry... went off into a rant there.

Flames Out
Dragon

Flames Out
Dragon

I think if the above specs are true the match will be good and i might consider ordering a SD ppv for the first time in my life. If it turns out to be just another cage or casket match it will blow. Khali can't wrestle he's even more boring to watch than Mark Henry. Hopefully whatever it is Khali loses and disappears just like Hassan did, because the guy sucks ass and does not deserve matches against the Undertaker at main event level

wait, how can you trust wikipedia when all who write it are just the fans? come now, i don't think anyone truly knows what it is.

Its like a cage match with snakes and scorps 2 or 3 and their is a box you have to seel shut with some kind of trap. I mean ive gone to see the WWe in Iraq and i heard some soldiers talk about it

gamehead said:
I think but am not 100% sure that it is a type of a casket match

agreed, i think it is some kind of casket match or maybe something similar to the concrete crypt at the great american bash 2004 match between the undertaker and dudleys.

I think the Punjabi Prison match is were you must fit your opponent into a body bag Becuuse The Great Khali Interfered after the match beetween Mr. Kenedy And Gunner Scott And put gunner in a body bag then challenged the undertaker to the match

umm

i heard from somewhere its a barbed wire steel cage match with some casket involved

I heard it was a cage that had a maze in it and you couldnt escape it and cant lose in less you get k.o.

I think the Punjabi Prison match is were the loser has to eat ther own testicles with a side order of davari

hothead25 said:
I heard the loser has to eat their own testicles.
Dude I've Heard some F***in ******ed things in my life but that is Just ****in STUPID

"...the ring will be surrounded by a cage with barbed wire. The two contestants will be able to use it as a weapon. There might be barbed wire on the floor so no one can escape, that way they'll have to stay in and fight to the "death". It won't look like a regular steel cage, it's much different, but with the same material being used. There will also be weapons provided for the contestants to use to their advantage. Now I think you will agree that the match sounds hellacious. But I did manage to discover something else, my inside source at WWE has informed me that one of the wrestlers involved will leave the company as there contract is due to expire, shortly after the Great American Bash. Effectively making this Punjabi Prison Match a loser leaves WWE match."
Source(s):

WWE

A Punjabi Prison Match is a cross between a cage match and a casket match. However, there are a few differences. The ring will be surrounded by a cage and also the outside will be covered in barbed wire. The ringposts will also be covered in barbed wire and mud will be involved somehow. To win you have to place your oppinent inside a bodybag like Khali did to Gunnar Scott a few weeks ago.

Eternal Dragon said:
Well I'm from Punjab and I know a little about these kinds of matches. There's a lot of barbed wire and cage but, not like the normal ones you see in the WWE. The cage is usually made out of barbed wire not steel and each opponent has weapons that they can use to attack each other. And, I think there's also barbed wire on the floor so you can't get out but, I'm not sure if that's gonna be happening at the Great American Bash. It's a toughie but, I'm sure Taker will kick butt!!! Somebody needs to beat Kahli before I scream!! Sheesh, so what if he's 7ft 3, it's not like he's a wall of human flesh- wait a mintue I think he is... LOL!!! No I'm serious I dislike wrestlers that people are in "awe" of because of just their size not the wrestling talent. I'm not insulting Kahli or anything... just wish I could see some more moves. On the other hand the whole "I'm freakin' huge fear me" thing might be his gimmick. Sry... went off into a rant there.

Flames Out
Dragon

Flames Out
Dragon
i agree with this guy b/c i heard similar things about this type of match, i also heard it was like a cage made of bamboo, all i know is kahli better not make the match crap, i'm going to the bash and if kahli ruins the match, i'm gonna be super pissed

"...the ring will be surrounded by a cage with barbed wire. The two contestants will be able to use it as a weapon. There might be barbed wire on the floor so no one can escape, that way they'll have to stay in and fight to the "death". It won't look like a regular steel cage, it's much different, but with the same material being used. There will also be weapons provided for the contestants to use to their advantage. Now I think you will agree that the match sounds hellacious. But I did manage to discover something else, my inside source at WWE has informed me that one of the wrestlers involved will leave the company as there contract is due to expire, shortly after the Great American Bash. Effectively making this Punjabi Prison Match a loser leaves WWE match."

xTripleHHHx said:

Man thats something where did you find this stuff, have you seen the match?

no i looked it up on google and there was a website with the details

I've heard from numerous sources that it is a bamboo cage with barbed wire all over it. No Casket, No body bags. Win is via Pinfall.

I got this off of wikia enjoy...At the Great American Bash on July 23, 2006, The Undertaker and The Great Khali are scheduled to face off in a Punjabi Prison Match. According to storylines on SmackDown!, it is a match that has been held in India before. This, however, is most likely only kayfabe.

For suspense purposes, the WWE has been careful not to leak any information regarding what type of match it actually is. It can be assumed that involves a Steel Cage somehow, due to images of a cage in promos and the use of the word "prison" in it's title. Also, on the July 14th edition of SmackDown!, play-by-play commentator Michael Cole said that both men will be locked in a structure, which also points towards some sort of cage.

Also according to Indian fighters a Punjabi Prison Match is in a steel structure such as a steel cage, in which barbed wire is surrounding the upper rims of the structure preventing the wrestler to escape without flesh being ripped off the body.This, however, is certanily not the way WWE will depict it, because they have already had a Barbed-Wire Steel Cage match including wrestlers such as JBL, who say they have never seen this match before. It is very uncertain what WWE will present us at this time. Another hint that raised speculation on a cage being involved in the match was an article on WWE.com that had some wrestlers refer to Punjabi Prison as an "enclosure" and "entrapment".

Are they really going to kill off the Great Khali at this PPV? I understand it has been sort of a tradition, but remember, the killing off of Muhammed Hassan was strictly pure chance and was not originally written into the storyline; just good timing I guess?

Why would they kill him off so soon? I'm sure he'll give Batista, Boogeyman, and Angle some good feuds and interesting matches. That doesn't seem right that they would kill him off so soon.

i typed it in on google and got an answer of a barbed wire cage the prison which both men will be in with weapons but if im wrong blame google and well see at the gab

idc what it is, the match is gonna suck b/c kahli can't wrestle lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back