Psychologically Disturbing, Round One: I Stand Alone vs. The Begotten

Which Film Is More Disturbing?

• I Stand Alone

• The Begotten

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
I Stand Alone (1998, Directed by Gaspar Noé)

i_stand_alone_01.jpg

Synopsis: When a woman he impregnates promises to buy him his own shop in northern France, a recently-paroled butcher leaves Paris and his mentally handicapped daughter behind to start a new life. However, when the woman balks on purchasing him the space for his shop, he assaults her (causing her to bloodily miscarry) and travels back to the City of Lights to find his aforementioned daughter.

Why This Film Was Chosen: Because Noé's the premier filmmaker of the New French Extremity.

Key Disturbing Moment: The first five minutes of the film should you clue in to the fact that you're in for a wholly original and very uncomfortable cinematic experience:

[YOUTUBE]uDdO5F8tlW4[/YOUTUBE]

vs.

The Begotten (1990, Directed by E. Elias Merhige)

begotten.jpg

Synopsis: To this day, I still have no clue what this film is about...I think it's about God, Mother Earth, and the world's creation, but I could be totally wrong, so don't quote me on that.

Why This Film Was Chosen: Words can't do justice to how strange this film is. When you see it, I guarantee you'll wholeheartedly agree with me.

Key Disturbing Moment: When the man that I assume to be God disembowels himself with a straight razor.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back