Psychologically Disturbing, Round One: Man Bites Dog vs. Bully

Which Film Is More Disturbing?

• Man Bites Dog

• Bully

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Man Bites Dog (1992, Directed by Rémy Belvaux)

Man_Bites_Dog_film.jpg

Synopsis: A inveterate criminal waxes philosophical as a camera crew documents him killing, raping, and robbing his victims.

Why This Film Was Chosen: Its perfect mixture of sophistication and vileness is something that will likely never be matched by any other film.

Key Disturbing Moment: After being booted from a bar, the criminal and the camera crew perform a home invasion that sees them all sexually assaulting a woman while her partner watches them do so at gunpoint.

vs.

Bully (2001, Directed by Larry Clark)

bully-5.jpg

Synopsis: A fictional account of Marty Puccio and the murder of Bobby Kent in Hollywood, Florida.

Why This Film Was Chosen: No other film comes close to showing what the youth of America's working class/lower-middle class is really up to.

Key Disturbing Moment: The awkward, overlong, and brutal murder of Bobby Kent.​

I just saw Bully for the first time a few weeks ago and it is a truly awesome piece of work. Nick Stahl and Michael Pitt are my boys and the film is incredibly gut wrenching. We follow Bobby Kent as he terrorizes all of the people around him, and is just a giant piece of trash. You actually agree with the characters and their plan to murder Bobby, until they actually begin the murder. The murder is so horrific and awful, I actually had compassion for Bobby Kent. As big of a piece of shit as he was, it was truly sad to hear him ask his best friend why he was killing him, and then to see Marty just brutalize Bobby. The entire beating is tough to watch because every character is doing something else. There is so much emotion. You would think everyone is on board for the murder but suddenly people are changing their minds, but it is to late and a person is dead.

I don't think Bully will get very far, but it deserves to get out of the first round. A very emotional film that will tug at anybodies emotions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back