Psychologically Disturbing, Round One: In My Skin vs. Combat Shock

Discussion in 'Horror Film Mini-Tournament (2010)' started by Cena's Little Helper, Oct 13, 2010.

?

Which Film Is More Disturbing?

1. In My Skin

2. Combat Shock

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Cena's Little Helper

Cena's Little Helper Mid-Card Championship Winner

In My Skin (2002, Directed by Marina de Van)

[​IMG]

Synopsis: After accidentally gashing her leg at a party, a woman becomes fascinated with further disfiguring her body.

Why This Film Was Chosen: Because I love the New French Extremity. Also, when I rented this one from netflix, I was totally caught off-guard.

Key Disturbing Moment: Near the end of the film, the protagonist holes up in a room and cuts a significant amount of her skin off.

vs.

Combat Shock (1986, Directed by Buddy Giovinazzo)

[​IMG]

Synopsis: A look at the life of Frankie Dunlan, a man psychologically ruined by the Vietnam War and the impoverished, inner-city lifestyle he can't escape.

Why This Film Was Chosen: While Troma is mainly known for their gross-out horror-comedies, Combat Shock is one of the highlights of their distribution history.

Key Disturbing Moment: The main character's mutated, "Agent Orange" baby makes the baby from Eraserhead look beautiful in comparison. ​