• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Props to the movie tournament

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
I'll go ahead and say it, I think that it is fan fucking tastic, and truly some of the best posting on these forums in a while. It speaks to the lack of quality in wrestling today that the best action going on is in the movie sections. Props to Klunder and Shango.

Yes! This truly is a great tounement. I was really iffy about the concept at first since this is primarily a wrestling board, but the torunment has been great so far. Some nice debates and I'm going to enjoy watching some of the movies I havent seen before over Thanksgiving break! Wait to go Shango & Klunder

And we're literally only halfway done with the first round. Today and especially yesterday were all about the squashes and getting the big boys into round 2. Now we're getting to the meat of the first round. Movies that were so close we almost had to flip a coin to pick where they would go. This is going to be good.

Klunder and Shango are nailing the concept, and in a totally different section. Absolutely awesome. And the fact that both are so willing to take ideas, criticism, etc. is a testament to their character.

I also want to shout out Shocky. We're following his lead. And the fact that WZ's "Tournament Patriarch" is not looking at KB and Shango's tournament as "competition" or "stealing thunder," but rather for the quality it provides these boards, is a terrific example of Shocky's leadership. Three guys who deserve mad rep for making these boards better instead of bitcing about them incessently.

Like I've said, if you're going to give someone credit, please just give it to him. I am just doing what he told me to do.

I'm enjoying it too. But i'm waiting for the majority of posting later on where I have watched both movies, then I will post in all of them. And now I must go out and watch so many movies its not funny.

Give more of them to Shango. He did far more on this than I did.

However, if KB wasn't assisting me, I probably would have gotten bored, scrapped it and headed off to watch Monster's Ball and fondle myself to the good scene.

So thank YOU, KB, for getting me to pull my hand out of my pants and do something constructive. You da man!!

Anyways, thanks for the support everyone. I'm really glad it's going well. And we've got some REALLY great match ups coming tomorrow, that I'm really excited for. I think the next two days are gonna be full of some great discussion.

Not a problem. If you want, I can do the 70's and 80's tomorrow for ya, if I'm already doing mine and your not online yet. Only thing you'll have to do then is add the poll to your threads from today.

Ok. I may wait a little extra as well. I can't get my polls to close on Thursday night. Right now they all close somewhere around 11am on Thursday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back