• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Prison Troll Bingo

Actually, no, as I said, to use the term correctly would imply that I respect you, which I do not. I chose to use it incorrectly in order to express that lack of respect, at the same time, making fun of your claim of being an "English major". I know such subtle things will always be lost on you, but it was funny.

Aaaaand we're back to lying. Nice.

In no dictionary, thesaurus, or Dr. Seuss book is it correct to call someone "Mr" at all. Not even as an insult. You're a failure. We all know.

You're right about one thing. You fucking up on what is taught in the same classrooms as finger painting was hilarious. But now I can't carry a discussion with you further.

You're not intelligent enough to reply back to after this. Thanks for the laughs though. Your position on this forum is well earned, Mr. Liar.

Actually, no, as I said, to use the term correctly would imply that I respect you, which I do not. I chose to use it incorrectly in order to express that lack of respect, at the same time, making fun of your claim of being an "English major". I know such subtle things will always be lost on you, but it was funny.
Wait, dropping the period from Mr. is a sign of disrespect?

I've heard of the Old English sirrah. Perhaps you could inform everyone of the etymology we're discussing here?

Aaaaand we're back to lying. Nice.

In no dictionary, thesaurus, or Dr. Seuss book is it correct to call someone "Mr" at all. Not even as an insult. You're a failure. We all know.

You're right about one thing. You fucking up on what is taught in the same classrooms as finger painting was hilarious. But now I can't carry a discussion with you further.

You're not intelligent enough to reply back to after this. Thanks for the laughs though. Your position on this forum is well earned, Mr. Liar.

How was I lying? I said I used it incorrectly on purpose. If I said that I used it incorrectly on purpose, it wouldn't be in a dictionary, would it? I'm not sure why you'd look in a thesaurus other than that you don't know what a thesaurus is used for. For that matter, when I said I used it incorrectly, I am not sure why you went to go see if it was correct anywhere. You really are THAT fucking stupid.

Wait, dropping the period from Mr. is a sign of disrespect?

I've heard of the Old English sirrah. Perhaps you could inform everyone of the etymology we're discussing here?

You really are that kid on the playground that will do anything to try and fit in, aren't you?

That should be "than" not "then", Major English.
AH HA! You failed my test! "Major" is a title, while "English Major" would refer to a degree! HA! You are not the English expert you have insinuated you are! I have proven this blah blah I don't even have the heart to finish.

No, unlike you, I have outgrown a playground. You, even as an adult, can only be trusted with little kid activities seeing as you are, you know, ******ed.
Hey, easy there. I made a promise that I wouldn't pick on your Aspergers. People in glass houses should not be throwing stones.

AH HA! You failed my test! "Major" is a title, while "English Major" would refer to a degree! HA! You are not the English expert you have insinuated you are! I have proven this blah blah I don't even have the heart to finish.

You're an idiot!

The comma goes before the final quotation mark unless there is parenthetical reference.

No, actually, it doesn't. The comma is to set the direct address apart from the rest of the sentence. It has nothing to do with the words in quotation marks.

No, actually, it doesn't. The comma is to set the direct address apart from the rest of the sentence. It has nothing to do with the words in quotation marks.

Perhaps I've misunderstood what I read. I've no qualms about admitting when I'm wrong. Is the "then" part not considered a direct quote in this case? I admit I still regularly use writers' references to correct my grammar, but my references, while usually correct, are unclear concerning this particular instance. I will have to see about finding a better resource to use in conjunction with my current ones.

Perhaps I've misunderstood what I read. I've no qualms about admitting when I'm wrong. Is the "then" part not considered a direct quote in this case? I admit I still regularly use writers' references to correct my grammar, but my references, while usually correct, are unclear concerning this particular instance. I will have to see about finding a better resource to use in conjunction with my current ones.

While it is a quote of the word used, the comma for the direct address is the one that would be used rather than the comma to complete the quote since they are side by side. For the purpose of clarity, the direct address becomes the priority.

Thank you for clarifying that. That actually makes a lot of sense. I graduated with a degree in English Writing, but even I still have my problem areas. You probably don't care much about rep, but I'll green-rep to cancel out the red-rep I sent earlier. I'm trying to be more civil on here as part of my yoga practice, and my earlier red-rep was uncalled for.

I just saw an old YouTube video of KB. He's just as pathetic as I pictured. He started it by stumbling over a line of how he's gracing us with his presence and we should be grateful he isn't doing our girlfriends. This was followed by an awkward pause where he knew he blew the line but wanted to look cool anyway. He then flew through some softly-spoken nonsense like a nerd in front of the class trying to get his oral report done as fast as possible. No confidence. Plenty of cringe worthy "anyway" segues...like a comedian who was ready for laughs and got none and needed to get to the next point as quickly as possible.

Oh man. Well, this is one time where my curiosity came through for me. I wondered if my mental picture of him was close and decided to look him up. I missed the caterpillar eyebrows and not-cool-in-any-era triangular goatee. But the pudgy face on a grown up child theory was spot on. I thought he would have a false sense of importance, as shown by his posts, but it's actually a guy who knows he's useless playing the role of guy who has confidence/importance. He's not even that cocky. He's just a guy who tried "cocky" on to see how it felt. So awkward...

Listen, guy, your poor PPV reviews are the least of your worries. I'll step away. I'll stay in WZ prison for good. I wasn't going to kiss your ass or beg for you to release me. I wanted out so I could talk about wrestling and was willing to lay off until I got out. But now that I have seen you in action, that little story I wrote in the HeenanGorilla post about your Mom being as proud as the women with doctors and lawyers as sons...I realize it was too close to home and I half feel bad for you and half can't give you any more attention.

Enjoy your power here. Maybe put this victory on the mantle or next to your lone participation little league trophy. Probably from your one season picking boogers on the end of the bench before begging to just play with your wrestling toys and not have to play with the other kids.

I would never pick on such a person, but after seeing you in action with your phony "doing your girlfriends" line, I realize you aren't a wussy that can't defend himself...you're a wussy who looks to be bullied because it happened so much anyway, your mind figures if you ask for it, then it isn't as bad as being bullied for seemingly no reason. "My son gets picked on so much." "No, Mom, I ask for it. I am the instigator. I'm not the geek. I'm the trouble maker! They only pick on me because I make fun of THEM...Mom?" Ugh...what a goof!

Who's winning?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back