Pope Out of BFG Series With Broken Collar Bone

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/3720-“The-Pope”-DAngelo-Dinero-Out-Of-2012-BFG-Series

During the Hardcore Justice PPV event in Orlando, Florida on August 12, 2012 the thugs known as The Aces and 8s attacked The Pope D’Angelo Dinero. The vicious assault focused on the shoulder and eliminated him from competing that night costing him 20 points in the BFG Series.

During a visit to his doctor last week, Dinero found out it cost him more. The Pope sent out the following tweet:

popehurt.jpg

This news has caused Impact Wrestling to officially eliminate Dinero from the remainder of the 2012 BFG Series! In this year’s format for the BFG Series, every wrestler was scheduled to face everyone in the tournament. Dinero still had three matches left in the series vs. AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam and Robbie E!

Not sure what the background on this whole thing is, or whether or not he had scheduled time off or legitimately got hurt elsewhere, but it's a shame when you think about how far Pope has fallen in TNA after such a meteoric rise back in 2009 where the company seemed to really be getting behind him.

Seems like he just can't catch a break (no pun intended).

Thoughts?

Sucks for Pope. I mean i knew he wasn't going to win the series, but I was hoping he'd impress the guys to give him a solid mid card push (perhaps towards the TV title) It looks like he's going to start all over again.

I mean Pope is charismatic enough to succeed and is good in the ring. Its mind boggling that he hasn't won a championship in TNA at all. Whenever he comes back he gets good pops so you'd think TNA would try to capitalise on that.

It was good to see Pope back in action for a little while. An injury like this takes considerable time to heal up. A lot of folks really wanted him to get a crack at the TV title, or make more headway in the BFG series. Hope he mends up and come back better than ever.

Oh no, what ever will the fans do if they don't get the epic confrontation of Pope vs Robbie E????

To be honest, he was one of the jobbers of the tourney and if anything, it hurts AJ and RVD more than anyone else. Those guys just lost out on the 7 points they would have inevitably gotten by beating Pope. Outside of that, this injury means nothing because Pope means nothing. He's always meant nothing and he'll always mean nothing. I don't wish injury upon anyone and I certainly won't celebrate an injury, but it's not like I'm crying about it either. It doesn't change the landscape of TNA and just like when he was off TV before the series, nobody will miss him.

Now, if only TNA did the humane thing and released his useless ass.

Remember when The Pope was on fire on TNA, and won the Eight Card Stud tourney earning a TNA title shot? Or when The Pope was one of the last standing against Immortal when Kevin Nash and Sting left? Yeah, me neither. Just goes to show that no matter how hot one person can get in this business, they can come crashing down in the blink of an eye.

I feel bad for Pope, but I wonder, did TNA creative really have anything for The Pope after the end of the Bound for Glory Series anyway? Probably not.

Yikes, that's a nasty break. He won't be back anytime soon.........

........which might just be the best thing for him. From being the It Guy in 2009, to being A Guy in 2012, his star has fallen, and people seeing him doing the same old thing week in and week out reinforces that image. Now he'll be off television for a while; people's memories of him will blur, but not fade. Should TNA wish to, they can bring him back, with a big image and character refreshed.

But this won't be for a while. That is a nasty break, and a collarbone break is one that you want to let heal fully before screwing around on it.

I enjoy the pope, so its gunna suck not seeing him. But to be honest, TNA will d fine without him.

I feel bad for the pope. But as far as the bound for glory tornament goes it don't change much. pope has always been entertaining but i have never seen him as a main eventer. I hope when he comes back that he gets a shot at the tv title as i think that he could do a lot to strenthen the division.

This doens't mean much. Pope had been on TV what, four times since coming back after not being on TV for months? It's not that big of a loss, especially since he hasn't had a real story in forever, other than the somewhat bizarre stealing of D-Von's kids (what a great story that turned out to be). Pope had potential but then it all fell off a cliff for him at Lockdown so that AJ could be a pawn in Hogan vs. Flair. It's a shame he's injured but it doesn't mean a big loss for TNA at the moment.

Man! The Pope can't catch a break. It seems like every time he tries to get something going, something derails him. That injury looks nasty, so I won't expect him back anytime soon. I enjoy the Pope, and hope he can make as speedy of a recovery as he can. Sucks when any talent gets injured, really. However, even though I like Pope, his injury really isn't going to hurt Impact Wrestling at all.

I feel bad that he got hurt, but this won't make much of a difference. I really doubt there were many storyline waiting for him after the BFG series was over. I would have liked to see him get a shot at the TV title, and even win it. Hopefully the time off will do him some good and he can comeback fresh and give it another go.

I hate how TNA has used Pope. I remember when he had that title match against Style at Lockdown and thinking he got legitimately hurt in that match, & he hasn't been the same since. He's had a bunch of corny storylines with Joe & Devon and was never able to try to catapult himself back to where he was. But the few times I've seen him recently, he wasn't impressive. I'm hoping he'll add more to his in ring repetoire & promos when he returns. Pope Has Spoken is a good finishing line, but he needs to habe more to go with it. A Pope should be able to rile people up, either for or against him. I'm hoping the best in Pope's recovery

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back