• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Poor booking....it's not just nowadays!

TheBottomLine

IC Champion
So lately I've seen a lot of complaints about WWE's booking, not just lately, but for the past few years! We all know that the booking is nowhere near as good as it used to be, that's a given and I think most, if not all will agree!

However, I recently re-watched Wrestlemania 2000, which included maybe 2 matches that you could deem as "good". Those being the triangle ladder match between Edge & Christian, the Dudleys and the Hardys, who I don't think have ever had a bad match together. The other match was the two fall triple threat between Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle. Both the European and Intercontinental titles were on the line. A lot of people might point out that this Wrestlemania didn't feature Stone Cold or the Undertaker, but looking at the main event, a fatal 4 way between Triple H, The Rock, Big Show and Mick Foley you would like to imagine those guys could carry the show and put on a great main event for what is the biggest PPV of the year. Wrong. It was a poor match by 4 very talented man who should have made that match 10 times better than it was! The fact Foley and Show were even included. Had it of been just HHH vs The Rock, two of the biggest pullers at that time, then maybe it would have been a classic.

People nowadays also talk about how bad the tag division has been in WWE over the recent years, well at WM2000 there was 4 tag team matches, only one was worth watching as I mentioned earlier. These days there's very little tag teams, and the ones that are there are either not being pushed or being disbanded as the only use was to push them as singles competitors. Back then you had so many tag teams that they had 9 competing in one PPV! And as I said only one mattered. Then there was the hardcore battle royal. I think the title changed hands 50 times, I actually lost count, it was just a scheme to get a load of jobbers and midcarders into a Wrestlemania match they would not have otherwise been involved in.

Basically what I'm saying is, people are always going to complain about bad booking as something may not happen that they wished for, but it's not just the current era that has bad booking. Maybe other people really enjoyed WM2000 and loved the amount of tag team matches and the silliness of the hardcore battle royal, and that's fine, we all have different opinions at the end of the day!

Of course it isn't. Everyone knows that Wrestlemania 2000 sucked. That poor booking has existed in the past and will exist in the future doesn't make it any less frustrating.

Booking so many tag matches was a mistake really. I think there was only one one-on-one match at that Mania (Kat vs Terri).

You can go back a LOT further than WrestleMania 16 to find examples of poor booking.

WrestleMania 8 springs to mind, originally the main event was going to be Ric Flair vs. Hulk Hogan for the WWE Championship, but according to rumors, both men refused to lose the match, so it was changed to Flair vs. Savage and Hogan vs. Sid instead. While we got a great match from Flair and Savage, their match took place halfway through the show, which killed the "WrestleMania Moment" of Savage regaining the title, and Hogan/Sid stunk up the Hoosier Dome in one of the worst WrestleMania matches ever and closed the show on a DQ.

WrestleMania 9 was a poorly-booked clusterf*ck from beginning to end.

WrestleMania 11 had the potential to be good, but having Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Lawrence Taylor close the card was a huge mistake.

I feel a LOT of WrestleMania cards can be vastly improved just by changing the order of the matches. And that's just WrestleManias. If we include other events, any one of us could be all day with our choices.

I don't care what anybody says but WrestleMania 17 will always go down as the bar at which a wrestling event should try to meet....that card was booked as close to perfect as your gonna get.

You can go back a LOT further than WrestleMania 16 to find examples of poor booking

I'm well aware that bad booking goes wayyyy further back, I was just choosing a time when wrestling, especially WWE was at it's peak, plus I had just finished watching it too and felt inclined to write a thread after reading a lot lately on the web about the poor booking of Royal Rumble and the whole DB situation, but that's a completely different story!

I feel a LOT of WrestleMania cards can be vastly improved just by changing the order of the matches. And that's just WrestleManias. If we include other events, any one of us could be all day with our choices.

I can also definitely agree with this! I dunno whether sometimes people in the back think a match for the mid-card might take up too much time on the show so they remove only to find out that after the main event they still have a couple of minutes to fill time, or if it really is just shitty booking! At WM28 when DB was beaten in 18 seconds or whatever by Sheamus, not only was it a WHC match, it was the very first match. Understandably the main event was always going to be Cena V Rock but surely the two main title matches should be the two matches before Cena V Rock. I'm sure if you back through older WM matches that this is a bit of a trend.

I don't care what anybody says but WrestleMania 17 will always go down as the bar at which a wrestling event should try to meet....that card was booked as close to perfect as your gonna get.

Any Wrestlemania with Rock V SCSA headlining will always be a belter. When you throw in the TLC triple threat with the Dudley Boyz, Hardyz and Edge and Christian, as well as Taker V HHH and the McMahon's feud, WMX7 is easily the best Wrestlemania.

Personally I disagree, I think WrestleMania 17 was good, but I find several others to be better. 20, 24, 26, and my personal favorite of all time, 19.

This post has a good amount of merit to it, and to be honest, I am definitely going to have to acquiesce to the fact that even in my favorite era of watching, which is when I consistently watched wrestling and never, ever missed it for anything in the world there were some clunkers during certain periods that stick out rather well to me in my mind. Even as a kid, there was some stuff I wasn't buying.

I would say that a lot of the WWF's moonlighters as I like to refer to them, whether they were garbagemen, hockey players, picket sign waving baseball players or dentists...the WWF of 1994-1996 just had some really lame offerings with characters. Not to say they still weren't doing this before and after those years, but to me it just seemed like those years were the worst in particular. That's why I am grateful for a character like The Undertaker who just as well could have very easily been a casualty of that time had they gotten the wrong performer to portray that character or they booked him to a point of no return. When I saw him survive his angle with The Giant Gonzalez, I knew nothing was going to stop this guy afterwards.

But yeah you name it there were times that I was very WTF about stuff, I've on more than one occasion and at ad nauseum defend Hulk Hogan beyond a healthy level. However, I am going to tell you right here and now that WrestleManias 8 and 9 I could have done with far different scenarios. For one thing I really disliked the idea of a WrestleMania VIII ending in a Disqualification match. Going up against a superhuman monster like Sid, Hogan should have gotten that win via pinfall. Another scenario, they should have booked the match as the penultimate one and let Savage and Flair go last. However, I do understand in hindsight that we all thought this would be the last hurrah of Hulkamania...so it went the way it did. On top of it all, I think the promotion still had faith that Sid was going to be the next big thing so, that whole scenario I think was used to protect him as well. In this instance, I think that makes this the lamest WrestleMania ending of all time, even though you did get the return of the Ultimate Warrior out of it.

Then of course the next year, at WrestleMania IX. The internet gives us this false sense of perspective on events of the past and even those that are going on in the present about what goes on behind the scenes. With that said, I'm not going there. My perspective was this, as a kid I was ready for a Bret Hart led WWF World Title division. The guy had shown he had it day in and day out, when he was first made a singles competitor and he went after the IC Title, his match with Mr. Perfect had me committed to his cause as a singles guy right there and then. Outdoing himself in matches with Roddy Piper, The Bulldog, Shawn Michaels, Rick Martel and so on only further cemented that notion. So when he beat Ric Flair that was an awesome moment, too bad it didn't get televised. But thankfully that's what we have home video for. With that said, I think Bret's World Title win probably should have been held off and Hogan vs Yokozuna should have been the World Title at Mania IX. With the same ending that happened at King Of The Ring could happen at Mania. Bret could have won the King Of The Ring and gone on to WrestleMania X and beaten Yokozuna. It's always been said, and by Bret himself that the SummerSlam 1993 match was supposed to be the match. However, I'm not convinced that was the case. Regardless, the impromptu title match was a surprise and a memorable moment. But I would have done it differently, regardless Bret Hart redeemed himself at Mania X and won the title back from Yokozuna, that redeemed things greatly for his character.

Then of course there was the Dungeon Of Doom saga that carried on for far too long, Hogan's WCW run was hit and miss prior to the nWo stuff, again though I look at wrestling as a whole during this time period as being particularly bad across the board. The Alliance To End Hulkamania cage match at WCW Uncensored 96 was the shits.

Fast forwarding to 2001, the WCW/ECW Alliance versus the WWF after the buyout of WCW and ECW's bankruptcy, I just wasn't feeling many elements of that. Of course, the lack of other WCW names hindered the angle. And then Steve Austin as the leader of the faction is all of a sudden a face again with no repercussions after the angle was over? I thought that was stupid too.

But hey you can't win 'em all. Other people might have liked these scenarios more than I did, but as someone who loved wrestling with a burning passion I cite these as some instances of bad booking.

Wrestlemania isnt a place for throwaway nothing matches(The Mountie vs Tito Santana, Earthquake vs Greg Valentine anyone)??????

Poor booking is costly in the scheme of things, yes. But Vince seems to think if the 1 or 2 main event matches are blockbusters, the undercard can suffer. Again, the positioning of the matches on cards makes a huge difference, I mean I think if Rock vs Hogan closed Mnai 18, it would go down as possibly my all time favourite. But the main event was poor, even Taker vs Flair, which from memory went on 5th was a great mid card matcn which could have been on later instead of Kurt Angle vs Kane or Edge vs Booker T

Wrestlemania isnt a place for throwaway nothing matches(The Mountie vs Tito Santana, Earthquake vs Greg Valentine anyone)??????

Poor booking is costly in the scheme of things, yes. But Vince seems to think if the 1 or 2 main event matches are blockbusters, the undercard can suffer. Again, the positioning of the matches on cards makes a huge difference, I mean I think if Rock vs Hogan closed Mnai 18, it would go down as possibly my all time favourite. But the main event was poor, even Taker vs Flair, which from memory went on 5th was a great mid card matcn which could have been on later instead of Kurt Angle vs Kane or Edge vs Booker T

You have to remember that the Hogan era was far less sophisticated in what fans expected from a show, that the concept of "how it was booked" was not even an anyone's radar except the Meltzer readers and that the only vehicle for really advancing talent was a PPV win.

You call Mountie v Tito a waste at Mania 7, what it actually was was a major win over a former 2 time IC champion, former tag champion for a wrestler just beginning a singles push. It was also a match featuring 2 of the better technicians of the era.

There is an argument with hindsight that for example at Mania 7 the IC match SHOULD have been Davey Boy v Perfect indeed that was the intended feud in 1990 once Beefcake was hurt but Davey was also hurt right after agreeing to sign, so they went with Kerry in the spot... but they also had to resolve the Bossman/Heenan vacuum caused by Rude leaving.

They had intended Rude to face Bossman but he balked as he expected (rightly) to be in the main event picture. That IC match didn't do much for either Perfect or Bossman, but you couldn't call it poorly booked or even mediocre. They didn't just drop televised stories then as they do today, there had to be a conclusion and it meant Davey lost his spot and had to work up again with the Warlord.

It did it's job of getting Perfect through by the skin of his teeth and ready for his big feud with Bret (who took the spot instead of Davey, who was moved up the card by Summerslam teaming with Steamboat and Von Erich - two former World Champions) but by your argument it was all poor booking.

It isn't poor booking that is today's issue, it's poor storytelling due to the fact we all KNOW now it's storytelling and many feel they could tell the story better themselves. WWE has far more competition now it as it has outed itself and competes not with TNA, but with every other TV show, movie franchise etc... so when we see a great episode of another show and a not so great RAW it makes a difference.

I'm a firm believer that where the network will lead is to a form of "interactive WWE" as soon as the tech allows. Similar to the WWE games that let you run your universe, the WWE itself will eventually allow you to run "your version" and compete for ratings with others. Of course there will be a core product, there has to be for the talent etc... but in reality today the only way people are going to be happy is to book it themselves... and I guarantee most would bankrupt the company if they did.

Naw see the problem is, to be honest, is this is like WCW '99 all over again. Here's a slampacked roster, but, we're gonna screw it all up by sacrificing our future for our past.

Hulk Hogan's "Poke of Doom" was like the Royal Rumble 2014. It really was if you think about it. Here we were watching the Royal Rumble, and when number 30 Rey Mysterio came runnin out (poor Rey), everyone was like "WHAT JUST HAPPENED?" They then have every guy on the roster who hasn't been around for 4 1/2 years get tossed. Now we're back to the Batista is number 1 story line, regardless if he's heel or face, and they just basically scrambled all of 2013's progression. It was like, you felt empty after watching the Royal Rumble. Same feeling as after you watched the Poke of Doom.

I don't know what's going on anymore in WWE, but I think since Vince isn't' 100% in command and it's not 100% his fortune on the line anymore, he just doesn't give a damn like he use to. HHH is just looking for a new back to ride on to keep him looking as a star, and Stephanie wants to attract more women to watching wrestling (which reality check, no one that watches Diva's goes "OMG I can't go out Monday. That girl from that Diva's show is gonna be wrestling and I have to watch!" ).

That's just my opinion.

Ut oh! Watch out everyone! Wyse and his expert opinion on what constitutes "poor booking" is here. Batista is killing the business man! Serious shit!

Justifying a shitty current product with "the booking sucked in the Attitude Era too!" shouldn't be the goal.

They should be striving to have a perfect show.

Naw see the problem is, to be honest, is this is like WCW '99 all over again. Here's a slampacked roster, but, we're gonna screw it all up by sacrificing our future for our past.

Hulk Hogan's "Poke of Doom" was like the Royal Rumble 2014. It really was if you think about it. Here we were watching the Royal Rumble, and when number 30 Rey Mysterio came runnin out (poor Rey), everyone was like "WHAT JUST HAPPENED?" They then have every guy on the roster who hasn't been around for 4 1/2 years get tossed. Now we're back to the Batista is number 1 story line, regardless if he's heel or face, and they just basically scrambled all of 2013's progression. It was like, you felt empty after watching the Royal Rumble. Same feeling as after you watched the Poke of Doom.

I don't know what's going on anymore in WWE, but I think since Vince isn't' 100% in command and it's not 100% his fortune on the line anymore, he just doesn't give a damn like he use to. HHH is just looking for a new back to ride on to keep him looking as a star, and Stephanie wants to attract more women to watching wrestling (which reality check, no one that watches Diva's goes "OMG I can't go out Monday. That girl from that Diva's show is gonna be wrestling and I have to watch!" ).

That's just my opinion.

Batista winning the Rumble is definitely nowhere near the Fingerpoke of Doom.

But it is similar to the last days of WCW in that they have relied on Orton, Cena, HHH, Batista way too long to sell tickets.

And that's because they haven't found replacements that they feel comfortable putting faith in that they will bring good Wrestlemania buyrates. And there is a little bit of justification in that.

But is it because the OVW class of 2002 (2003? Whatever class it was with Orton, Batista, Cena) the last class of pro wrestling draws?

No. It's just that around 2007 and onwards, WWE dropped the ball in building up stars. MVP, Kennedy, Rhodes, Hardy, Umaga, Lashley, Morrison/Nitro, DiBiase, Kofi are just some of the names from that era that should be main eventing along with Cena, Orton and Batista right now.

Granted, some of those failures aren't WWE's fault (Umaga, Hardy, Kennedy). And also, a lot of those guys (MVP, Lashley, Morrison, DiBiase, etc.) left on their own terms (only after they realized creative had nothing for them and they were going to be stuck in the midcard doing jack shit forever. Like Rhodes and Kofi are right now).

But even after that, what was wrong with guys like Ziggler, Barrett, Ryback?

The WWE's problem right now is that they don't book their wrestlers correctly, and they don't provide them with television promo time to get them over, and then blame the wrestlers for not drawing, then go back to the predictable and stale combo of Orton, HHH, Cena (and now Batista). All the wrestlers do is cut promos and wrestle. The storylines and booking is on the people in the back.

Justifying a shitty current product with "the booking sucked in the Attitude Era too!" shouldn't be the goal.

They should be striving to have a perfect show.

Batista winning the Rumble is definitely nowhere near the Fingerpoke of Doom.

But it is similar to the last days of WCW in that they have relied on Orton, Cena, HHH, Batista way too long to sell tickets.

And that's because they haven't found replacements that they feel comfortable putting faith in that they will bring good Wrestlemania buyrates. And there is a little bit of justification in that.

But is it because the OVW class of 2002 (2003? Whatever class it was with Orton, Batista, Cena) the last class of pro wrestling draws?

No. It's just that around 2007 and onwards, WWE dropped the ball in building up stars. MVP, Kennedy, Rhodes, Hardy, Umaga, Lashley, Morrison/Nitro, DiBiase, Kofi are just some of the names from that era that should be main eventing along with Cena, Orton and Batista right now.

Granted, some of those failures aren't WWE's fault (Umaga, Hardy, Kennedy). And also, a lot of those guys (MVP, Lashley, Morrison, DiBiase, etc.) left on their own terms (only after they realized creative had nothing for them and they were going to be stuck in the midcard doing jack shit forever. Like Rhodes and Kofi are right now).

But even after that, what was wrong with guys like Ziggler, Barrett, Ryback?

The WWE's problem right now is that they don't book their wrestlers correctly, and they don't provide them with television promo time to get them over, and then blame the wrestlers for not drawing, then go back to the predictable and stale combo of Orton, HHH, Cena (and now Batista). All the wrestlers do is cut promos and wrestle. The storylines and booking is on the people in the back.

Great post. It's unbelievable that a company would actively sabotage its young talent like WWE does now. Isn't it in their interest to find/make the next Hogan, Rock, Austin, etc?

I can't understand why don't they give their young talent opportunities (promos, backstage segments, storylines etc.) to get over. Why just throw them into random matches with no storylines, no build, and no promo time?

Would Hogan/Austin/Rock have become megastars that made the company million$ if they were forced to just wrestle random matches with no storylines and no promo time? I don't think so.

I thought everyone knew Attitude Era booking fucking sucked and was only saved by the main eventer's charisma and the midcard having the "get out of suck free card" by being able to portray such sleazy characters that people had to stop and watch despite them having literally no appeal other than being sleazy? Seriously, go back and watch those old Raws, it's difficult. Like Vince said "the PG era is harder for us, you can't just make people react to something, you have to try to make them think". If a guy sucks, he can't just throw on a towel and tell a borderline R rating joke and be a pornstar to get over anymore.

Some of you are claiming the WWE isn't trying to make new stars. Are you drunk?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is NOT main event material is the Wyatt Family and Daniel Bryan. Between the Wyatt Family and Daniel Bryan being pushed down the viewers throats it is ruining professional wrestling. I have been watching WWE since I was five years old and I am now beginning to find it unbearable. I skip through on average about two and a half hours of Raw each week and only actually watch about a half hour of it. Triple H having more control over WWE is a VERY bad thing. He is ruining WWE. All he is doing creatively is pushing all of his buddies and the people he likes down our throats. The Wyatt Family is Triple H's main project and look at them. Pathetic. He is also very high on Daniel Bryan as well. Then of course his buddy Sheamus. Then he brings Batista back and shoves him down our throats. Then of course you have his buddies Ric Flair, Kevin Nash, HBK, the Outlaws. While plenty of huge talents in the locker room simply do not get pushed because they aren't Triple H's buddies.

First off the whole Daniel Bryan fad is ridiculous. The yes! chants are extremely annoying and ridiculous. It is just a far worse version of the what! chant that is for more annoying. Daniel Bryan is a midcard talent at best and that is where he belongs. Daniel Bryan is ruining the WWE. I doubt even one person will agree with this but everyone says Daniel Bryan works his ass off and deserves everything handed to him but he doesn't anymore than several other talents in the locker room that are better than him. The following guys all deserve to be in Daniel Bryan's position just as much, if not more than him; The Miz, Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes, Jack Swagger, Antonio Cesaro, Randy Orton, CM Punk, Kane etc. A lot of these guys were even booed at the Rumble because of Daniel Bryan which is completely ridiculous. The fact that a guy like Randy Orton (who works his ass off and is consistently great in the ring) is being overshadowed by Daniel Bryan and probably not going to get to main event Wrestlemania because of it is unacceptable. Randy Orton deserves to main event Wrestlemania and Daniel Bryan will probably cost him that opportunity.

As for the Wyatt Family, they are also being pushed down our throats and ruining the WWE. Bray Wyatt (Husky Harris) is an overrated piece of shit. He was bad enough as Husky Harris and is now even worse as Bray Wyatt. I cannot stand anything about him or the Wyatt Family. He is awful in the ring and his promos are awful. His promos are just unbearable. The whole gimmick is horrendous.

Honourable mentions for people that are ruining WWE are Sheamus, Batista, The Big Show, and Jerry Lawler.

Sheamus has always been a piece of shit from day 1 and the only reason he has the push he has is because he is Triple H's workout buddy. His promos are unbearable.

Batista has always been overrated and his return has been horrendous. He is another guy being pushed down our throats because of Triple H.

As for Big Show, he just needs to retire. Enough is enough. His character is awful. If he was a heel I could live with it. But I cannot stand him as a face. Especially when he comes out with that smile on his face waving to the crown. The guy is supposed to be a monstrous giant. He is also a horrible actor and horrible on the mic but you can just tell he thinks he is this great actor, which REALLY annoys me.

As for Jerry Lawler, he needs to retire as. His commentary is unbearable and horrendous. All he does is screw up and make stupid jokes and scream in a high pitched voice. Enough is enough. He has always been an overrated commentator but now it is just ridiculous. I cannot stand his commentary. The guy called Tamina Snuka, Tamina Snuker for fuck sakes. A comment he should have been fired over as he did it on live tv. It is insulting to the entire Snuka family. Lawler just needs to leave he is a washed up has been. There are plenty of more capable commentators that deserve to be on the Raw panel. Mainly Renee Young! But there is also William Regal, Byron Saxton, Josh Matthews, Alex Riley, Taylor (the NXT backstage announcer). Any of which would be better than Lawler.

I am curious to see if anyone agrees with me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is NOT main event material is the Wyatt Family and Daniel Bryan. Between the Wyatt Family and Daniel Bryan being pushed down the viewers throats it is ruining professional wrestling. I have been watching WWE since I was five years old and I am now beginning to find it unbearable. I skip through on average about two and a half hours of Raw each week and only actually watch about a half hour of it. Triple H having more control over WWE is a VERY bad thing. He is ruining WWE. All he is doing creatively is pushing all of his buddies and the people he likes down our throats. The Wyatt Family is Triple H's main project and look at them. Pathetic. He is also very high on Daniel Bryan as well. Then of course his buddy Sheamus. Then he brings Batista back and shoves him down our throats. Then of course you have his buddies Ric Flair, Kevin Nash, HBK, the Outlaws. While plenty of huge talents in the locker room simply do not get pushed because they aren't Triple H's buddies.

First off the whole Daniel Bryan fad is ridiculous. The yes! chants are extremely annoying and ridiculous. It is just a far worse version of the what! chant that is for more annoying. Daniel Bryan is a midcard talent at best and that is where he belongs. Daniel Bryan is ruining the WWE. I doubt even one person will agree with this but everyone says Daniel Bryan works his ass off and deserves everything handed to him but he doesn't anymore than several other talents in the locker room that are better than him. The following guys all deserve to be in Daniel Bryan's position just as much, if not more than him; The Miz, Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes, Jack Swagger, Antonio Cesaro, Randy Orton, CM Punk, Kane etc. A lot of these guys were even booed at the Rumble because of Daniel Bryan which is completely ridiculous. The fact that a guy like Randy Orton (who works his ass off and is consistently great in the ring) is being overshadowed by Daniel Bryan and probably not going to get to main event Wrestlemania because of it is unacceptable. Randy Orton deserves to main event Wrestlemania and Daniel Bryan will probably cost him that opportunity.

As for the Wyatt Family, they are also being pushed down our throats and ruining the WWE. Bray Wyatt (Husky Harris) is an overrated piece of shit. He was bad enough as Husky Harris and is now even worse as Bray Wyatt. I cannot stand anything about him or the Wyatt Family. He is awful in the ring and his promos are awful. His promos are just unbearable. The whole gimmick is horrendous.

Honourable mentions for people that are ruining WWE are Sheamus, Batista, The Big Show, and Jerry Lawler.

Sheamus has always been a piece of shit from day 1 and the only reason he has the push he has is because he is Triple H's workout buddy. His promos are unbearable.

Batista has always been overrated and his return has been horrendous. He is another guy being pushed down our throats because of Triple H.

As for Big Show, he just needs to retire. Enough is enough. His character is awful. If he was a heel I could live with it. But I cannot stand him as a face. Especially when he comes out with that smile on his face waving to the crown. The guy is supposed to be a monstrous giant. He is also a horrible actor and horrible on the mic but you can just tell he thinks he is this great actor, which REALLY annoys me.

As for Jerry Lawler, he needs to retire as. His commentary is unbearable and horrendous. All he does is screw up and make stupid jokes and scream in a high pitched voice. Enough is enough. He has always been an overrated commentator but now it is just ridiculous. I cannot stand his commentary. The guy called Tamina Snuka, Tamina Snuker for fuck sakes. A comment he should have been fired over as he did it on live tv. It is insulting to the entire Snuka family. Lawler just needs to leave he is a washed up has been. There are plenty of more capable commentators that deserve to be on the Raw panel. Mainly Renee Young! But there is also William Regal, Byron Saxton, Josh Matthews, Alex Riley, Taylor (the NXT backstage announcer). Any of which would be better than Lawler.

stop watching. Seriously. Daniel Bryan isn't "pushed down throats". He's over. Get the fuck over it. The WWE doesn't book to your personal tastes, they book to the best of their ability(usually if you pay attention) to who makes money. DB makes money, so they're milking him as the underdog.

I think Lawler sucks too.

I agree that Batista sucks.

The issue with you is that you don't grasp the different of "this doesn't appeal to me but these people are legitimately over so I get it (like DB, Wyatts, etc)" and "THIZ GUY IS TEH SUZK! WHY DEY PUSH HIM!?!?!"

Ziggler, Miz, those guys have been given pushes, haven't gotten over. Thus, their pushes were slowed.

Imagine you are Coke. But you personally don't like the flavor of coke and think your experimental soda Splash is the greatest thing ever. In test trials and regional releases, nobody likes Splash but Coke always sells. By your logic, Coke sucks, so you should stop selling Coke and sell Splash. You'd be fired from Coke. WWE is ran like a business. It's very clear if you have any business IQ at all. Wrestlers are product. DB is a product people want. Dolph Ziggler isn't. Your opinion isn't representative of the consumers. If you hate it so much, watch something else. What you're doing is the equivalent of continuing to buy Coke despite hating it.

stop watching. Seriously. Daniel Bryan isn't "pushed down throats". He's over. Get the fuck over it. The WWE doesn't book to your personal tastes, they book to the best of their ability(usually if you pay attention) to who makes money. DB makes money, so they're milking him as the underdog.

I think Lawler sucks too.

I agree that Batista sucks.

The issue with you is that you don't grasp the different of "this doesn't appeal to me but these people are legitimately over so I get it (like DB, Wyatts, etc)" and "THIZ GUY IS TEH SUZK! WHY DEY PUSH HIM!?!?!"

Ziggler, Miz, those guys have been given pushes, haven't gotten over. Thus, their pushes were slowed.

Imagine you are Coke. But you personally don't like the flavor of coke and think your experimental soda Splash is the greatest thing ever. In test trials and regional releases, nobody likes Splash but Coke always sells. By your logic, Coke sucks, so you should stop selling Coke and sell Splash. You'd be fired from Coke. WWE is ran like a business. It's very clear if you have any business IQ at all. Wrestlers are product. DB is a product people want. Dolph Ziggler isn't. Your opinion isn't representative of the consumers. If you hate it so much, watch something else. What you're doing is the equivalent of continuing to buy Coke despite hating it.

Well you are slightly arrogant now aren't you!? First off, I don't watch for the above reasons I stated. I quit watching once Daniel Bryan and Bray Wyatt started to get pushed down by throat. I am not a typical hypocrite like most WWE fan boys that complain and continue to watch. I DO NOT WATCH because of DANIEL BRYAN and THE WYATTS! They are the reason I no longer can watch the product. And I have watched since I was 6 years old. I posted my opinion because I was curious as to whether or not anyone felt the same way as me. Simple as that. Isn't that what this wrestling forum is for?! To share opinions?! There is no need for a pompous, arrogant, ignorant, condescending response like yours. For your information I operate a very successful business. So thanks for the business tips but I do quite well thanks. What do you do by the way?

Also both Miz and Ziggler were very over as heels. They just did not have their pushes stuck with. Which is very unfortunate as both of those guys have a lot more charisma and are all around better in every aspect than Daniel Bryan and Bray Wyatt. Miz also works his butt off for the WWE. The guy has earned everything. Unlike Bray Wyatt and Daniel Bryan who are getting everything handed to them because they are buddies of Triple H. Its pathetic. And I am boycotting WWE and Wrestlemania 30 BECAUSE OF DANIEL BRYAN AND BRAY WYATT!

All of the following guys have worked their butts off and have earned everything and are more deserving to be in the current positions Daniel Bryan and Bray Wyatt are in. Those guys are; The Miz, Randy Orton, Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes, Goldust, Kane, Mark Henry etc. etc.

Daniel Bryan is being pushed to the moon because the IWC are in love with him and WWE knows it... As for the Wyatts, call me cynical but everyone and his dog knows that Vince McMahon and HHH get hard ons for big fat guys who have no mic skills and do 2 moves, the only exception in the Wyatts is Bray, and even he's only getting pushed to the moon because he's Irwin R Schyster's kid, like Bo Dallas in NXT, and like when The Shield eventually break up, Roman Reigns' singles career will take off to the moon because he's big, does 2 moves, and has the added bonus of being related to Dwayne Johnson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back