• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA's booking sucks!!!!!

So, since the angle is like a CSI episode streched over 10 months, its...good? Where are we going here? They weren't giving any information to keep things interesting, here finally the last month before the PPV they're starting to drop hints and make it interesting but there was literally nothing of note done with both of these angles for approximately 8 months. That is why people think they suck, and I agree with them.

And, for the record, I hate CSI and there are plenty of shitty whodunnit crime dramas on cable tv. I have done exactly what you said, watched 10 minutes of an episode and turned it off because I didn't give a shit why that dude got killed or who did it because it was UNINTERESTING TO ME. I don't want a CSI episode, I want a wrestling show. I'm pretty sure a lot of people would agree with me.

I used CSI as an example. There's tons of shows out there who do the exact same thing. House is one of them. The thing is, they have been dropping hints, not just last month, ALL the time. There's been constant development. First it was just Sting. He was talking about it for some time. Then he first mentioned deception before Abyss took RVD out. He had this match with him. Constant battles with Jarrett. Then he helped Nash and put on the red face paint. They started explaining more. This all led to Pope joining them and you know the rest.

The Deception Storyline was built very well, and I actually expect it to have a better turn out than "they".

The "they" angle is the one that went stale after the first few months. IMO I would've had Abyss start babbling about "they" a month ago. He could've just destroyed people left and right from the time he turned on Hogan. Make him squash somebody and not talk at all. Goldberg-like. Have him talk for the first time a month ago and that way it's gonna be fresh and exciting for BFG. If it wasn't for Abyss' talent to make it somewhat bearable, I would've just skipped through it. He's been saying the same stuff for months and months, and NOW we got some development. Here I agree with you.

The fact that it's like CSI does no make it good. Noone can tell if the storyline was good or not. The finish determines that. People should reserve judgement until all the facts come out, because right now they may say that it "sucks", but what happens if the finish is awesome? Does it still suck? I don't think so. Wait to see what happens. If it blows, feel free to shit on it ALL you want, I'll join you. But don't say it sucks because it's been going on for months. I'd rather see THAT than a storyline that ends in two weeks and doesn't have any story to it to begin with.

We see a segment each week for each angle. Sometimes they're WAY too fucking long ( add the boring ass brawls which need to stop! ), sometimes they're short and on point. However, we've been getting our weekly dosage of wrestling nontheless.

I just hope TNA doesn't screw this up 'cause if they do I'll stop watching wrestling altogether. They're my last hope for something good.

Fair enough, if the outcome is that great then the whole angle was worth it, in both cases. I haven't enjoyed the build of the angle on TV because the context (backstage politics, "stroke", Jeff Jarrett etc.) has taken away from my enjoyment of the show. However, a lot of fans enjoy it...really the reason I'm so negative is because I haven't liked TNA since Hogan and Bischoff came in after REALLY enjoying the product last fall and winter.

So, the bitching is over, let us wait fore the payoff. If it still sucks after that...oh man, wrestling fans are going to be calling off work to bitch about this lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back