• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Politics and Linda Mcmahon are hurting the WWE...

Edgey2jortonfan

Dark Match Jobber
Surely by now people realise this and I for one is gettin very frustarted due to the fact stated in the title of this thread. I have read everywhere that politics backstage is what kills momentum for most superstars.

For what ever reason, Linda see's herself in politics which is ok for her I guess but because of her campaign and allignment with the WWE, its hurting WWE's product. It's no secret that the WWE changed their rating to PG to cushion her campaign and after the Benoit tragedy, it seemed like the only direction it could go.

To conclude i think because she is attached to both politics and the WWE by name its damaging our entertainment, the companies reputation and most importantly the people who work in the company, in particular the recent WWE firing. Your thoughts on the matter.

i am praying that the next round of votes knocks her out of the campaign and wrestling can go back to the way it used to be: fun.

funny that a woman who is claiming to be a conservative republican is married to someone who tells employees to legitimately kiss his ass on national tv.

the two just don't go hand in hand.

Daniel Bryan's release is now confirmed was a choice by Linda Mcmahon's political party.. A tremendous athlete, and a future star.

Why should Daniel be the one to get canned for what happened? It has already been said that creative bew that was going to happen going into that whole epic raw ending.
Why shouldn't Vince, and creative be held accountable for the decision to send Daniel Bryan their. Nothing is approved unless Vince McMahon gives it the ok.

Why wouldn't Vince just be a man, and apologize for what he allowed the wrestler to do in the first place. Why take away a man's lively hood.

I can see where the choking would be sooo bad, when 9 other guy's are doing a gang beat down of a single wrestler. But of course gang beat down's are exceptable in are society I guess, especially in a pg show, that younger kid's watch. Or even trying to run someone over with a car, or beating the hell out of a incompacitated general manager, and smash him around in a car in the parking lot.

WWE is honestly lost, and I don't think they will find their way home.

So if something like the Daniel Bryan's incident got him fired, then what else is going to happen in the future if Linda McMahon get's the senate seat??

I honestly think WWE has lost sight of what they really are...A wrestling company. 90% of what happens in wrestling should not be available to younger kids, and thats the parent's responsibility not WWE's.

To conclude i think because she is attached to both politics and the WWE by name its damaging our entertainment, the companies reputation and most importantly the people who work in the company, in particular the recent WWE firing. Your thoughts on the matter.

How is it damaging the people working in the company? If you're talking about Bryan Daniel then I must ask you this:

Are you serious?

What I mean is, NXT did their thing, for the most part for a gang-bang it was pretty normal stuff, but then you have this guy (it's ALWAYS that one guy...) that gets a bit carried away and does things he should have known would come back on him. Dude spat in Cena's face and "choked" out an announcer. The Choking Rule was applied after Benoit's death, meaning before Linda's campaign. How is DB breaking the rules Linda's fault?

People defend him way to quickly. What's done is done. WWE has plenty of talent that isn't getting "damaged" by anything except being a laughing stock ex. Khali. With all of these rules now enforced we can see our favorite superstars most of the time and there's a good possibility that they won't be sidelined. If anything the PG Era and Linda's bid for senator is helping WWE maintain their roster.

Not saying I like seeing Hornswoggle or Khali do their thing, but everything has a price.

When it comes to actual politics (McMahon's campaign) Of course she's going to be attacked for this. It's politics and people get dirty to win..

Her opponent had a video of Kane Tombstoning her to try to make her look less worthy of the position. Bryan will be back...

Daniel Bryan's release is now confirmed was a choice by Linda Mcmahon's political party

Ummm where is your confirmation? If you are talking about the email that was posted on this site? This is what they opened that posting with.

I received the following email two days ago, however I decided to hold off on posting it as it is both unconfirmed and anonymous. This same email is floating around in the inboxes of other internet wrestling media sources, as I noticed that it was CC'd to the addresses of many different online wrestling media outlets. It seems to imply that the Linda McMahon senate campaign was the reason why Bryan Danielson was fired from WWE, and since there has been so much speculation abound as to why he was released, I figured I'd post the email and allow you to be the judge. Furthermore, after speaking with a source inside WWE about this "conspiracy theory," I was told that it might not be very far off from the truth considering the circumstances, so here it is. Keep in mind, the following correspondence is anonymous:

To me that doesn't sound very convincing as the reason why. Plus the guy who sent the email used a temporary email address that he wouldn't be responding to any replies sent to it and would be deleting it shortly after sending the email. While I don't doubt that her campaign may have played some part in this I don't think we can call this confirmed by any means.

Come on so your telling me that vehicular manslaughter is ok but choking someone with a tie will hurt her campaign ? Im not buying it, we can speculate all we want but we wont know until the truth comes out and it will eventually.

JR's blog says "hed be shocked if he wasnt back sooner than later" . I think he knows something, worst case scneario (if this story is true) they paid him off to take a nice little vacation until novemember and he will then be back. Does it suck ? Of course, the angle would be much cooler with him in it. But the fact is, it still rocks without him for now and i will still be anxious to see what happens next week. So if its true, sure it hurts a little but it wont cripple them by any means

We cant say we know for sure and also read Jr's blog about how hed be shocked if he wasnt back sooner than later. So even if its true hell be back in nov and the angle so far is still interesting. So lets all relax, id bet bryan danielson is stressing out a lot less than we are lol.

Daniel Bryan's release is now confirmed was a choice by Linda Mcmahon's political party

Ummm where is your confirmation? If you are talking about the email that was posted on this site? This is what they opened that posting with.

I received the following email two days ago, however I decided to hold off on posting it as it is both unconfirmed and anonymous. This same email is floating around in the inboxes of other internet wrestling media sources, as I noticed that it was CC'd to the addresses of many different online wrestling media outlets. It seems to imply that the Linda McMahon senate campaign was the reason why Bryan Danielson was fired from WWE, and since there has been so much speculation abound as to why he was released, I figured I'd post the email and allow you to be the judge. Furthermore, after speaking with a source inside WWE about this "conspiracy theory," I was told that it might not be very far off from the truth considering the circumstances, so here it is. Keep in mind, the following correspondence is anonymous:

To me that doesn't sound very convincing as the reason why. Plus the guy who sent the email used a temporary email address that he wouldn't be responding to any replies sent to it and would be deleting it shortly after sending the email. While I don't doubt that her campaign may have played some part in this I don't think we can call this confirmed by any means.

Have to agree. That email did more to convince me this is a work than most other inconsistencies. Calling him daniel bryan was one of the biggest tipoffs to me.

Well there have been ton's of speculation on his firing's and before this email even came about they had already noted that more than likely his release was from him choking the dud with his own tie, which would directly be a very bad thing to do because of the whole Benoit thing. You can't say that the decision to release Daniel Bryan would have been for any other reason that a political one... because of Linda McMahon's seneate race.

I think this is more than just Bryan Daniel. The product has been shit every since she started running. The real question is, how bad will it be if and when she is actually elected?!? I am totally expecting the whole f'n show (and no, not RVD) to turn into an animated childrens cartoon on saturday mornings..

Daniel Bryan's release is now confirmed was a choice by Linda Mcmahon's political party.. A tremendous athlete, and a future star.

That broke the Choking Rule set after Benoit's death. Breaking company rules a future star doth not make.

Why should Daniel be the one to get canned for what happened? It has already been said that creative bew that was going to happen going into that whole epic raw ending.

Like I said, he broke the rules. Yeah the NXT was pretty much asked to create a warzone of a gang-bang with their little invasion, but no one else went as far as Daniel Bryan did. He should be held responsible for his actions.

Why shouldn't Vince, and creative be held accountable for the decision to send Daniel Bryan their. Nothing is approved unless Vince McMahon gives it the ok.

Should Vince be held accountable for every mistake a superstar does on live television? Umm no that's stupid. DB should have known better. Again he should be responsible for his actions.

Why wouldn't Vince just be a man, and apologize for what he allowed the wrestler to do in the first place. Why take away a man's lively hood.

:suspic: He didn't allow DB to choke out an announcer. Daniel did that on the spot. This smells like a rant to me.

I can see where the choking would be sooo bad, when 9 other guy's are doing a gang beat down of a single wrestler. But of course gang beat down's are exceptable in are society I guess, especially in a pg show, that younger kid's watch. Or even trying to run someone over with a car, or beating the hell out of a incompacitated general manager, and smash him around in a car in the parking lot.

Uh yeah it's acceptable if it's not breaking the rules. redirect to The Choking Rule.

WWE is honestly lost, and I don't think they will find their way home.

Oh I see you're an optimist. Great. The biggest wrestling company in the world is lost...yeah that sounds reasonable with all the media attention it gets. :rolleyes:

So if something like the Daniel Bryan's incident got him fired, then what else is going to happen in the future if Linda McMahon get's the senate seat??

More active superstars not being sidelined for injuries complimentary of a steel chair to the head, that's what.

I honestly think WWE has lost sight of what they really are...A wrestling company. 90% of what happens in wrestling should not be available to younger kids, and thats the parent's responsibility not WWE's.

The only thing I agree with. WWE shouldn't be a babysitter, but Linda is Linda and doing her thing so there is no way around this unless she loses. In the mean time relax, kick back, hell maybe go get some sun and see how the world is away from the television set. Children will watch wrestling regardless; the fact that Linda is campaigning is only helping children get more involved with WWE.

And btw, there is a thread before this that was done just a while ago. It's practically the same kind of thread.

Bryan Danielson gets fired for choking Justin Roberts with his tie, earlier on raw big show after beating jericho, applies his submission move which involves putting his hands around y2j's throat. roberts and bryan about same size and weight, while big show is a good foot taller and 200 pounds heavier...a bit contradictory
they say in the post benoit world choking is out, but at extreme rules 2008 cena made jbl bleed by putting him the stf with a chain around his neck! contradiction again

I fail to see why his release is really that big a deal. As I've said before, it saves his face pop, and quite frankly, he's far more useful getting a face pop for the WWE, because he's already so over as a face. Think about it; the NXT group is going to get their heat anyway. I believe that it's unmistakeable that last night, the NXT guys got the heat they needed. So, the NXT was going to get over as heels anyway. If anything, DB was going to be like RVD in the 2001 Invasion, in that he'd get semi-face pops, and kind of ruin the vibe of the group. Now, he can come back in 90 days, or whenever this blows over, and still work as a face, perhaps against the NXT guys if they choose.

As for politics affecting the WWE.... Eh, probably. There's a clear case of Triple H being at the helm of certain choices, and I get what you're saying. It's akin to certain lobbyist groups having a say in the government's business. But I doubt this will last long. It's merely a coverup visage until things die down. I'd actually argue that government regulation in all wrestling would actually be beneficial to the wrestlers in the long run, but the WWE is a private company....

Oh, wait, what's that? They're not a private company, anymore? Well, snap me down. The WWE is, in fact, a public traded company. Which means, frankly, the WWE is accountable to the men and women who buy stock in the company, and those that financially support the WWE and it's ventures. I think, frankly, we're all making a mountain out of a molehill. This is merely Public Relations matters, and eventually Bryan will be back. Just cool your jets, boys.

and heres another point. I would like to know how well these things were explained to them about the benoit choking rule, this angle was so important to be done right in the beginning i cant believe that the whole thing wasnt scripted and if youre going to allow rookies (or non wwe guys in danielsons case) to improv you have to expect something like this might happen.

But again we dont really know the whole story yet and from all the talk i here hell probably be back and it will probably be after lindas campaign is over !!!

There is no question about it, Linda Mcmahon's Political Party ARE the downfall of WWE, saying that though politics are just the downfall FULL STOP, I despise them. Bryan Danielson is an amazing athlete, and one of the best wrestlers of today, but POLITICS got in his way, had him fired from the biggest wrestling company in the world, because he choked somebody with their tie. They talk about wanting to shy away from the Chris Benoit incident yet Shawn Michaels had been using his crippler crossface for years before his retirement. I'm sick of POLITICS forcing new regulations in the WWE, no blood, no chair shots to the head, no foul language, PG rating, no choke holds, no wander they've got Vladmir Kozlov dancing in the ring and hornswoggle running around with kids, they can't do anything else... grrrrr

i am praying that the next round of votes knocks her out of the campaign and wrestling can go back to the way it used to be: fun.

funny that a woman who is claiming to be a conservative republican is married to someone who tells employees to legitimately kiss his ass on national tv.

the two just don't go hand in hand.

The "next round of votes" is the general election, and it's about 5 months away. That's a lot of crappy, watered-down storylines and wrestling until then.

This thread is currently full of so much fail. It's full of so much fail, I can't even bring myself to using a meme to describe how much failure there is.

Actually, wait, yes I can.

Cheese%20fail.jpg

Look, guys, the thread is about politics outside the WWE, not in it. I'm sure we all know there's politics inside it. For that point, everyone has such a hard on to blame the Kliq, you all have failed to realize this is about Linda McMahon's Senate run, not politics in the WWE. If it were, why would he discuss Linda's run with the Senate so much in the OP.

Guys, for the love of God, read the OP. And stay on topic. I gave my answer above. Just trying to save the topic, because it is interesting

It's no secret that the WWE changed their rating to PG to cushion her campaign and after the Benoit tragedy, it seemed like the only direction it could go.
No secret? Since when did rumor become established fact?

In Bryan Danielson's case specifically, I'm definitely pissed over the possibility that a single person from Linda's campaign got him fired when Cena got off free for choking Orton with the handcuffs, but it's only a possibility. The fact is, we smarks aren't industry insiders, and we shouldn't pretend to be. We have no validation that anything we read is true (except, of course, when a leaked plan actually comes to pass, ala the Batista/JBL retirements and Hardy's quitting of WWE), and in this case, it came from an "official" who uses an apostrophe in "its." It still might be true, but to the point of your statement, no, there is no confirmation that Linda's run has caused the PG rating.

Is Linda's run hurting the WWE product? We really have no way of knowing, unless some very solid reports are released.

I don't know if Linda's Senate campaign is behind this or not, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be the case. Politicians will do pretty much anything to improve their election chances.

On the topic of the so called "choking rule", if some drunk loser jumps the barricade and hops in the ring or on the apron, the cameras are off of him so fast it'll make your head spin. If what DB did was SOOOOOOO bad, why didn't the director change to one of the other 4 cameras that were filming the other 8 people in the ring and at ringside instead of staying so focused on that one particular interaction? "Uh oh, he's starting to choke him. Go to camera 3." There, was that so hard?

I really hope for the sake of the WWE that Linda doesn't get elected because then we've got 6 more years of walking on eggshells to make sure nothing happens to mess up her re-election campaign. Because there are only 2 phases in the political life span: 1) running for election the first time, and 2) running for re-election.

Come on so your telling me that vehicular manslaughter is ok but choking someone with a tie will hurt her campaign ?

I don't remember anyone dying in a car accident. If you are referring to last night, calling that "vehicular manslaughter" would be like calling what Daniel Bryan did with the tie "murder".

Daniel Bryan will be back in the WWE sooner than later like JR said. The whole situation just needs to blow over and Bryan will be back after his 90 day no compete clause. Which is roughly around 3 months...

Politics is in every profession you will get into..It is in the Army, Education, Law Enforcment, Business, Entertainment, etc. It is a dirty and a huge nightmare but it is around everywhere you go. You think Mr. Kennedy is the only one who got screwed cause of the politics. There is a list of many wrestlers that stretches around the block who never got the push they deserved because of people whispering into management's ear. God only knows how many wrestlers got pushed back because of Hogan back in the day. Ultimate Warrior is one...

As for the PG rating...Vince McMahon can careless about the rating..pg television isnt in his blood.. And he made it clear last night when Bret Hart was sandwiched between cars...that is not neccassarily 10 year old programming

Daniel Bryan will be back in the WWE sooner than later like JR said. The whole situation just needs to blow over and Bryan will be back after his 90 day no compete clause. Which is roughly around 3 months...

Politics is in every profession you will get into..It is in the Army, Education, Law Enforcment, Business, Entertainment, etc. It is a dirty and a huge nightmare but it is around everywhere you go. You think Mr. Kennedy is the only one who got screwed cause of the politics. There is a list of many wrestlers that stretches around the block who never got the push they deserved because of people whispering into management's ear. God only knows how many wrestlers got pushed back because of Hogan back in the day. Ultimate Warrior is one...

As for the PG rating...Vince McMahon can careless about the rating..pg television isnt in his blood.. And he made it clear last night when Bret Hart was sandwiched between cars...that is not neccassarily 10 year old programming

THANK U PerfectAngel:worship: I really get tired of people complaing about the PG Rating. Was what happend to Bret Hart last night considered PG? Um let me think NO. Politics have been around in Wrestling since the Business was in the Stone-Age. Everybody acts like it only started when Triple H married Stephanie (Which I don't have a problem with and neither should u morons who bitch about it). Didn't Hogan and Bischoff use their Politics 24/7 in WCW? Uh Yeah,are they doing it now in TNA? Most likely. Example being Releasing Roxxi and ODB without even telling them before the PPV. Daniel Bryan will be back in WWE soon and you can count on it.

I don't remember anyone dying in a car accident. If you are referring to last night, calling that "vehicular manslaughter" would be like calling what Daniel Bryan did with the tie "murder".
The OP could be referring to the Batista/Cena match at Over the Limit, in which Batista attempted to back a car into Cena and through a wall. You know, kids stuff.

First off if the person who is running against Linda (I have no clue who it is because I hate politics and do not really care) is going to use the WWE, which has been around for about more than 50 years to put heat on Linda then that is just sad and that is telling me that this guy has nothing else up his sleeve to beat Linda except by using her husband's wrestling company as his weapon to win the campaign. Obviously, if that is all that he could come up with he does not deserve the Senator spot. Anyways, Politics should not have to interfere with our entertainment because us, paying fans have been loyal to the WWE where we pay our dollars at live events, give the WWE their ratings every week, and comment how the show could be better. The best thing is that they listen to us, but now we could see the dark days in the WWE. What if Linda wins wil they get rid of punching or submissions next? Will they release every wrestler because he or she made a mistake? One thing is for sure and that is because of stupid politics we have to pay and the WWE will just get worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back