Lets hope Linda McMahon loses!

Status
Not open for further replies.

patriotjay

Pre-Show Stalwart
Im about 99% sure the reason WWE has toned it down to Nickelodean level is because of Linda McMahon's senate run.If she wins the WWE we watch now probobly continues and if she loses things will probobly get better.I grew up in the 80s and WWE was pretty kid friendly but atleast a guy could bleed during a wrestling match.So I say lets all hope Linda loses then Vince can get back to wrestling shows where he doesn't have to worry about backlash from other politicians.I meen come on Daniel Bryan got fired for choking a guy with a tie on a wrestling show.Now I know some of you will say its the Benoit rule and I believe that's true but if not for Linda's senate run I don't think Daniel Bryan gets fired.Politics suck!

Im about 99% sure the reason WWE
has toned it down to Nickelodean level

I fail to see how it's at "Nickelodean" AKA kid level. People seem to not understand the concept of the PG rating: PG=Parental Guidance suggested, meaning there's still things that children may not want to see in that programming. Nickelodean level would be Y7 and possibly lower.

is because of Linda McMahon's senate run

Or it could also be because of Cena's suggestion to re-capture the younger audience again.

If she wins the WWE we watch now probobly continues

Product isn't super-great, but it's not bad. I actually enjoy a lot of the programming right now.

nd if she loses things will probobly get better.

Don't count on it getting "better."

I meen come on Daniel Bryan got fired for choking a guy with a tie on a wrestling show

Did you even watch RAW or Summerslam this week? He's back with no repercussions.

Anyways, I find some problems with the current WWE product, but not even close to enough that will make me stop watching WWE completely. And I doubt Linda McMahon losing will change the product much.

I fail to see how it's at "Nickelodean" AKA kid level. People seem to not understand the concept of the PG rating: PG=Parental Guidance suggested, meaning there's still things that children may not want to see in that programming. Nickelodean level would be Y7 and possibly lower.

Or it could also be because of Cena's suggestion to re-capture the younger audience again.

Product isn't super-great, but it's not bad. I actually enjoy a lot of the programming right now.

Don't count on it getting "better."

Did you even watch RAW or Summerslam this week? He's back with no repercussions.

Anyways, I find some problems with the current WWE product, but not even close to enough that will make me stop watching WWE completely. And I doubt Linda McMahon losing will change the product much.

Ok first off mr. fucking know it all..Every show on Nickelodean isnt y7 I know cause I got kids but WWE has toned it down big time no blood or chair shots to the head.secondly we all know Daniel Bryans back but he did get fired for some bullshit.thirdly Cena and Vince or whoevers idea for a kid friendly product is fine by me but some of the things going on right now with refs stopping matches cause of blood is totally bogus and is being done so some politician doesnt use it against Linda.So think about what your gonna type befor you type it because your come backs are irrelevant.

The WWE was very family oriented way before the Attitude Era. All they're doing is reverting back to that style. It has nothing to do with Linda. They did it to reach out and get more gobal after the Attitude Era died. Brilliant move.

Linda Mcmahon and her political campaign have nothing to do with the PG concept. The reason for PG is to attract and maintain shareholders for wwe stock so the company can make more money without spending alot of money to produce shows and ppvs. The Attitude Era or anything similar will probably not be happening in the near future, no matter if Linda wins or loses.

I actually like it the way it is now. My daughter, 13, actually sits and watches it with me and is into it. I'm VERY glad I can share something from my childhood with her like wrestling.....something most girls her age couldn't give 2 craps about. I do think they need to keep it interesting though and a little blood here and there and a chairshot or 2 doesn't hurt........because I've already explained what we adults know the truth is about wrestling. It's great entertainment.

I really hope Linda looses. For the longest time (since the PG era started) I wondered why is wwe doing this and for some reason it took me a while but about 2 months ago all of a sudden it clicked! Linda McMahon I mean IDK why it took me so long to see thahts why they went pg people can blame Cena Punk Vince or the Moms that dont want there kids watching 'violence' but I beleave its her I mean come on back in the attitude era there were kids everyware holding up Stone Colds fome middle fingers I they can say its for the kids all they want but I'm pretty sure its because of Linda

The shows on Nick are from Y7 to PG. With the PG shows coming on around 8pm. In my eyes WWE has less violence then Dragonball Kai that comes on Nicktoons or Naruto that comes on, I think, Disney Channel but these shows have blood.

But more on topic. If she does lose I don't really think much will change. How many times does a politicians lose once and give up. Odds are if she does she will try again. I don't see WWE changing as long as they are making money. If ratings start going down the drain and start losing a ton of money then we can see something change.

Honestly, without getting too political........I REALLY hope that Linda wins....and those of you that keep your eyes on the news once and a while know what I'm talking about......

I don't get it. Is this thread about hatred over the lack of blood and what not because of Linda's run?

First off, If Linda McMahon wants to run for senate, than let her be.

The business has gotten this way because well its PG, and some parents are actually very strict with what the kids watch. Shows with that rating are usually for kids but older viewers enjoy watching it as well, but some of the kids may find the contents too strong or at the very least, the parents think it is too strong for them and thats why WWE emphasises on the PG so much.

Politics suck!

Really?...Really?...Were you playing around or were you serious?...nevermind...I don't even want to go there...

Wrong. If Linda were to lose,(which isn't likely now) she would most definitely try again. what politician do you know that tries to get elected once, gets this far, loses and never tries again? Linda is going to be in politics for the long haul. So you can give up hopes that Linda loses and we go back to showering people in feces and teasing ******s. That's just not gonna happen. In fact, we'll probably never see anything like the attitude era again. It was an ERA for a reason. Era's don't repeat themselves. And people who compare this "PG Era" to the 80's era are fucking delusional. They're nothing alike. We still have elimination chambers and hell in the cell. We still have scantly dressed Diva's walking around. And we have infinitely better athletes today than 15 years ago. In that time, the best athletes were HBK, Bret Hart, Owen Hart and.... who else? Today, we have Daniel Bryan, Evan Bourne, Kaval, Justin Gabriel, Randy Orton, MELINA and Tyson Kidd who are all as good or better athletes than anyone in the attitude era. And that's just to name a few.
Look, this discussion is overexposed, pointless and just the epitome of nitpicking. There's nothing you can do about changing WWE short of convincing 5 million plus people to stop watching the product each week. Good luck with that. Obviously they're doing something right.

This isn't because of my own political beliefs but just my opinion of watching wrestling for 20 years and learning how the WWE works.
i hope Linda loses not because of PG, but because of the McMahon family. She has no political experience and their family are the type that are only in it to line their pockets.
A reason she's doing so well is because they have billions of dollars to put into her campaign.
If no one read that New York Times article about her campaign and how they treated wrestlers like Kanyon, you should. They didn't take care of their employees and she was in charge while things were happening to these wrestlers. Why would anyone want a person like that running a state? They neglected their workers and it's apparent she wants to line her pockets.

I grew up in the 80s and WWE was pretty kid friendly but atleast a guy could bleed during a wrestling match.

You're damn right, it's ridiculous that wrestlers aren't encouraged to stab razor blades into their foreheads for our entertainment anymore!

Even though it is mean to say I do hope she doesn't win. Though i cant totally blame her for the turn into pg programming she definitely has influenced it greatly. Her interest in political office definitely just did not come out of the blue and is something that she has probably had in mind for years. The move to pg programming automatically helps her out. Controversial storylines and violence does not help you win over voters that dont watch wrestling. Other candidates have already used past footage from the past to hurt and attack her campaign. With the pg rating and other rules and bans currently in place it helps promote that the WWE is nothing but a "Entertaining Soap Opera" helping to swing more voters her way.

If she does lose(which i hope happens) I do believe that WWE will be more lenient with controversial story lines, blood, and other bans recently put in place. These are just the main things that people have been attacking Linda about and in result have been taken away. Though I don't think it will directly take away the pg rating I'm definitely sure it would help bring more entertainment value than currently provided.

Ok first off mr. fucking know it all..

Cursing at me isn't going to win you any points, but w/e.

Every show on Nickelodean isnt y7 I know cause I got kids

Oh, I'm sorry. Guess I should have added that they are also rated G. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV_Parental_Guidelines

but WWE has toned it down big time no blood or chair shots to the head.

So. I'm not even intrigued at blood in matches (but there is a select few times where I thought it was a great add-in). As for chair shots to the head, once again I do not care.

secondly we all know Daniel Bryans back but he did get fired for some bullshit.

Because I'm pretty sure there was a lot of backlash about the incident and WWE, being a business, didn't want to have people running around screaming that WWE wrestlers choke everyone. However, as many on these forums predicted, WWE only kept Danielson off-screen until the controversy died off and then give him a big return at Summerslam.

thirdly Cena and Vince or whoevers idea for a kid friendly product is fine by me but some of the things going on right now with refs stopping matches cause of blood is totally bogus

During Cena and Orton's match last year where Cena was busted open, I wasn't really affected by the momentary stoppage.

and is being done so some politician doesnt use it against Linda.

Welp you may (and I use that term lightly because it possibly won't happen) get your wish of a non-PG WWE because politicians dug low and used Attitude-Era clips against Linda. However, she still won the primary big time.

So think about what your gonna type befor you type it because your come backs are irrelevant.

learn to stop doing this.it is annoying.spaces are your friend.

You're damn right, it's ridiculous that wrestlers aren't encouraged to stab razor blades into their foreheads for our entertainment anymore!

your damn skippy..Im dropping off 50 bucks for a ppv and CM Punk starts bleeding(Over The Limit 2010) so the whole fn match stops?That my friends is wrong I have nothing against a pg WWE and I dont want the Attitude era back,But when you cant bleed during a wrestling match or hit a guy in the head with a chair your deluting the product.I dont want to see a guy get his head bashed in with a chair till he gets a concusion or anybody razor theyre forehead but if a guy get accidently busted open do you really need to stop the match have a trainer come in and clean him up?Im not saying the whole pg thing is because of Linda's run at office but it sure as hell has made WWE walk on egg shells.

This isn't even the 1st time the WWE has had a no blood or blading policy. They had one in the Early 90's.

Wrestlemania 8 is the most famous example of it. Ric Flair was caught blading on camera and he was fined for it. It was so obvious that he should have it during the pre-match interview!

Bret Hart bladed during his match with Roddy Piper, but told Vince it happened on accident.

WWE is garbage now. I remember being excited for Raw every single week about 7 years ago. Now I can't watch it without changing the channel at least 6 times per episode, just out of boredom.

You act like no one on these forums would be affected by this election. Im a resident of CT, and im voting for her. So you can fuck off.

Agree with you on that one bro. I live in NYC, not CT but as an American I would like to see the Republicans take control of the Senate this fall.

Cursing at me isn't going to win you any points, but w/e.

Oh, I'm sorry. Guess I should have added that they are also rated G. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV_Parental_Guidelines

So. I'm not even intrigued at blood in matches (but there is a select few times where I thought it was a great add-in). As for chair shots to the head, once again I do not care.

Because I'm pretty sure there was a lot of backlash about the incident and WWE, being a business, didn't want to have people running around screaming that WWE wrestlers choke everyone. However, as many on these forums predicted, WWE only kept Danielson off-screen until the controversy died off and then give him a big return at Summerslam.

During Cena and Orton's match last year where Cena was busted open, I wasn't really affected by the momentary stoppage.

Welp you may (and I use that term lightly because it possibly won't happen) get your wish of a non-PG WWE because politicians dug low and used Attitude-Era clips against Linda. However, she still won the primary big time.

learn to stop doing this.it is annoying.spaces are your friend.
So a 18 year old WWE mark is going to tell me that blood and chair shots arent needed and that a trainer stopping a match for 5 minutes to clean a guy up during an a fn wrestling match is ok?..............<those are for you Nick..and WWE sure has made a puppet out of you.

Nah, I don't think Linda McMahon's bid for the Senate has anything to do with WWE's toned-down style. I think it has everything to do with the fact that Stephanie McMahon oversees WWE creative. If you have a moronic dullard booking your shows, then they're bound to suck ass.

Some people just don't understand.

Linda McMahon was not the sole reason why the E has changed their programming. There were a lot of other factors like John Cena pitting the suggestion of gaining younger viewers as it would benefit the company in the long term, as well as attempting to play to a lot of the media that used to bag everything about professional wrestling (which in this case is represented by the WWE in America). Having her in the Senate is actually a good thing, as that will allow for some major publicity of the family name and hopefully end the tirade of bashing the WWE. Linda doesn't have a shady record and I don't think she'll ever attempt to gain one, so she should be regarded as a respectable politician... thus giving the impression that the WWE is a respectable company.

Maybe, just maybe... Linda might be able to use her position of power to attempt some things that might bother the E in a business sense. Who knows what problems they may incur backstage and only someone with her influence can achieve. Why would you deny such an opportunity all because a bunch of 30 year old geeks that still live in their mother's basements want to revert back to a period that just isn't suitable for the current situation?

Im about 99% sure the reason WWE has toned it down to Nickelodean level is because of Linda McMahon's senate run.If she wins the WWE we watch now probobly continues and if she loses things will probobly get better.I grew up in the 80s and WWE was pretty kid friendly but atleast a guy could bleed during a wrestling match.So I say lets all hope Linda loses then Vince can get back to wrestling shows where he doesn't have to worry about backlash from other politicians.I meen come on Daniel Bryan got fired for choking a guy with a tie on a wrestling show.Now I know some of you will say its the Benoit rule and I believe that's true but if not for Linda's senate run I don't think Daniel Bryan gets fired.Politics suck!

ok...Like all the sponsors they can now attract with a toned down product didnt have anything to do with it?:shrug::rolleyes::lmao:

This isn't even the 1st time the WWE has had a no blood or blading policy. They had one in the Early 90's.

Wrestlemania 8 is the most famous example of it. Ric Flair was caught blading on camera and he was fined for it. It was so obvious that he should have it during the pre-match interview!

Bret Hart bladed during his match with Roddy Piper, but told Vince it happened on accident.

I fear you don't understand sarcasm.

Complaining about a lack of blood in wrestling in a world where Aids is still a dangerous disease is completely ridiculous.

Chair shots to the head were always and always will be ridiculous and unnecessary. They are proven to be extremely dangerous and it is selfish and stupid for any fan to expect men to inflict that on themselves for his or her entertainment. You're not the one who has to deal with the damage caused by these chair shots, the wrestlers are. Thus, you haven't got a say and don't deserve an opinion on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back