Piss bucket songs that make great concert songs.

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
I wanted to put this in the Music forum, but this thread really would be difficult to not just post spam, so I'm putting it here.

What are some songs that really are bland, boring, dull, or just poor quality songs when heard on radio or CD, that turn into fantastic songs when you watch them in concert.

For example, Hurt, Seether, Breaking Benjamin and Three Days Grace held a concert in my town that I went to. Two songs which fit this thread are "Fake It" by Seether and "Riot" by Three Days Grace. Neither song is particularly good (although Fake It is kind of catchy) but when played at a concert, it has great energy and really feeds the crowd's energy.

What are some of your songs?

"VooDoo" by Godsmack. I can't stand the song personally, it just doesn't have the right type of vibe or feel, especially over the radio.

However when I seen them in concert, when mixed with pyro (flames) and half naked dancers.. the song suddenly seems more appealing :lmao:

Pretty much anything by REO Speedwagon. I went to see Styx live and REO opened for them. On the radio, I am indifferent towards them. Live however, they kicked ass. They only song that people didn't get into was when they played a new song. They are at the stage where people want to hear the classics, there was no need for something new.

While I've never been a huge drowning pool fan, Sinner and Bodies were amazing live songs. Bodies is really overused but when it was live in front of about 500 people it was better than any concert I've ever been at.

Not something I'd call a 'piss bucket song', but Metallica's "Creeping Death" is heaps better live than on CD. The album version has a very sterile sound, and Hetfield wasn't quite up to par vocally as he would be in later years.

Trivium - "Gunshot to the Head of Trepidation". I can't stand this band, nor do I like this song, but live, they improvise more with the solos, Heafy changes his vocal deliverly and the crowd interaction during the 'open fire...' bit is great.

Arch Enemy. I'm a casual fan of the band, but their album material just sounds piss poor. Live, they kick ass. Abbott's tone is heaps better live too, and it's a great experience seeing Angela growl like that in person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back