• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pick Your Poison: Hulk Hogan or Ric Flair

Pick Your Poison: Hogan or Flair

• Hulk Hogan

• Ric Flair

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hogan is, was, and always will be an image.
No, he was a real wrestler who put on memorable bouts and made EVERYONE he faced look credible and a legit threat.

Hogan's character and larger than life personna always got him over with the fans.
Exactly. This is professional wrestling.

Remember that hogan started out as a heel and didn't take off until he bacame a babyface.
So? When he became a babyface he became the biggest babyface of all time. Then he turned heel and became the biggest heel of all time.

So, he's been the biggest drawing face of all time and the biggest drawing heel of all time. Why are we even having this discussion?
Hogan's in ring ability was always his downfall[/B]
Why? Because he didn't do arm bars and drop toe holds and ankle locks?

The man was 6'5" and 300 pounds. He was one of the strongest wrestlers in the world, or so his gimmick said. Why the fuck would he use moves like that which made absolutely NO sense for his character?

Why do people not understand the concept of building a moveset around character?
Flair spent most of his career as a heel and still got over.
So? Is it suddenly hard to get over as a heel?

Correct me if I'm wrong though, when Flair won the title from Race back at Starrcade 1993, which was really the first time he was seriously considered a major player, wasn't Flair face? Yeah, thought so.

Flair was a better technical wrestler
Hogan was a better brawling wrestler.

and he wasn't afraid to push younger wrestlers.
Neither was Hogan.
The list of wrestlers that can thank Flair for a career boost is endless,
Endless? No, not really. In fact, I would say it's probably less than Hogan.

Go ahead and name the ones the Flair put over.

while hogan was always and only concerned about himself.
While false, so what? This is a business, a cutthroat business, and anyone who didn't look out for himself would get double-crossed.

By the way, Flair was notorious for holding down wrestlers as well.

I enjoyed flair's matches to the very end,
You're one of the few.
while hogan should have left the business 10 years ago.
Yeah...except that he still comes back to mega pops every time out.

Unlike Ric Flair.

while hogan should have left the business 10 years ago.

Yeah...except that he still comes back to mega pops every time out.

Unlike Ric Flair.

Are you kidding me? Flair dosnt get pops when he comes out? The whole dam arena woos for his whole match/or segment. Did you see how emotional WM and Raw was. I would say he gets a "pop" once and a while.

Originally Posted by corvid77
Hogan is, was, and always will be an image.

No, he was a real wrestler who put on memorable bouts and made EVERYONE he faced look credible and a legit threat.

Not towards the end of his career by any chance.

I enjoyed flair's matches to the very end,

You're one of the few.

Im pretty sure there are more than a few that enjoyed his match at WM. Not to mention it was the best, most credible, most emotional.

Hogan's in ring ability was always his downfall[/b]

Why? Because he didn't do arm bars and drop toe holds and ankle locks?

The man was 6'5" and 300 pounds. He was one of the strongest wrestlers in the world, or so his gimmick said. Why the fuck would he use moves like that which made absolutely NO sense for his character?

Why do people not understand the concept of building a moveset around character?

Quote:

That is your view on wrestling everyone has different ones. Brock Lesnar can do a shooting star press. That dosnt fit his character, when he does it everyone stands, and people wanna see it and cheer

The list of wrestlers that can thank Flair for a career boost is endless,

Endless? No, not really. In fact, I would say it's probably less than Hogan.

Go ahead and name the ones the Flair put over

Lets see anyone that was ever in the four horsemen and evolution, guys like Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes, and Harley Race. Flair elevated all those people and more, and pretty much kept WCW a float in the early 1990s.

Hogan owes alot of his success to Vince there wouldnt be either if it wasnt for the other one. Flair didnt have a genius pushing him to the media and the main stream audience like Vince did to Hogan.

Are you seriously insinuating that Flair made Harley Race, Terry Funk and Dusty Rhodes? What kind of revisionist crap is that. You do realize that Race made Ric Flair what he is right? You do realize that Terry Funk was a world champion while Flair was struggling with the US title. You do realize that Rhodes helped make Flair.

And as far as the Horsemen, those were Flairs body and a way to keep him on top. Much like Triple H latched himself onto two new guys in the business to keep himself relevant with Evolution. All taht stuff was done for their own asses and not for anyone but themselves.

It's amazing how people say Flair is a great technical wrestler. Why? because he applies the figure four. That's about as extensive as his technical skills go. Other then that, he's a sloppy brawler.

I'll never quit being amazed with people automatically thinking that if a guy has the ability to go an hour that is must be a good match. Why is that. Everyone blows a load on Michaels because he can wrestle 30 minutes, and everyone raves about Flair going an hour. Why is that? because the undercard sucked ass. Or was it just a way to say, well I'm in good cardio shape, I can't really wrestle and tell a good story in twenty minutes, so I'll put this mirage out there that I'm good because I can go an hour. Can someone name me an hour long match that doesn't involve reaching for the fast forward button ten minutes into it. This Flair isg reat because he wrestles hour long matches crap is ridiculous.

Flair made Sting, Luger, Nikita Kolloff, and would have made Magnum TA if not for his car accident. Flair also made Kerry Von Erich, who squandered that opportunity with drugs. The Rock & Roll Express and The Road Warriors also got huge boosts from Flair.

Who became a star, a main event attraction in their own right, thanks to Hogan ? King King Bundy ? Zeus ? The Ultimate Warrior was already a phenom before Hogan put him over but at least Hogan put him over. Flair made Luger's entire main event career stems from wrestling as Flair's partner and being his prime opponent from 87-89. Sting was an unknown mid carder obsucured in the UWF when he wrestled Flair and in less than a year was the most popular wrestler on the planet not named Hogan. Maybe you could say Randy Savage was made by Hogan but he was nowhere near as unknown or lightly regarded when he faced Hulk as guys like Sting and KVE were when they faced Flair. You don't have to like Luger to admit he had a terrific career from 1987-1999.

Hogan was a great creation from McMahon and thanks to the work of established veterans like Savage and Harley Race he was very sucessful. Flair's influence on wrestling is still felt today, Hogan's is not. Flair is revered by his contemporaries, Hogan is not. Flair became huge without McMahon. Hogan did not (maybe he would have, but well never know)

Reactions: X
Flair made Sting, Luger, Nikita Kolloff, and would have made Magnum TA if not for his car accident. Flair also made Kerry Von Erich, who squandered that opportunity with drugs. The Rock & Roll Express and The Road Warriors also got huge boosts from Flair.

Who became a star, a main event attraction in their own right, thanks to Hogan ? King King Bundy ? Zeus ? The Ultimate Warrior was already a phenom before Hogan put him over but at least Hogan put him over. Flair made Luger's entire main event career stems from wrestling as Flair's partner and being his prime opponent from 87-89. Sting was an unknown mid carder obsucured in the UWF when he wrestled Flair and in less than a year was the most popular wrestler on the planet not named Hogan. Maybe you could say Randy Savage was made by Hogan but he was nowhere near as unknown or lightly regarded when he faced Hulk as guys like Sting and KVE were when they faced Flair. You don't have to like Luger to admit he had a terrific career from 1987-1999.

Hogan was a great creation from McMahon and thanks to the work of established veterans like Savage and Harley Race he was very sucessful. Flair's influence on wrestling is still felt today, Hogan's is not. Flair is revered by his contemporaries, Hogan is not. Flair became huge without McMahon. Hogan did not (maybe he would have, but well never know)

Hogan's influence is not felt today? There are a lot of guys who got into wrestling because they watched Hogan growing up. All the merchandising and licensing of products today is thanks to Hogan. Wrestlemania is the biggest pay per view of the year because of Hogan. Again, the persona of Hulk Hogan was not created by Vince McMahon. That was done in AWA. The WWF machine with Hogan's persona made him huge.

As I said before, Ric Flair retired on the stage Hulk Hogan made famous.

Who became a star, a main event attraction in their own right, thanks to Hogan ? King King Bundy ? Zeus ? The Ultimate Warrior was already a phenom before Hogan put him over but at least Hogan put him over.

Warrior, Undertaker, Yokozuna, Luger, Sting, Goldberg, Rock, HHH, Angle and Lesnar all went over Hogan at one point. Even if they were already over with the fans, Hogan solidified them as legitimate main eventers. When Hogan put someone over, it was a HUGE deal. Flair never put anyone over on the same scale as when Hogan put Warrior, Goldberg and Rock over.

Also, Savage, Orton and many others have benefited simply from working with Hogan. Even though they never beat him, they still came out looking strong because they posed a threat to Hogan. You don't have to lose to someone to put them over and make them look good.

Flair's influence on wrestling is still felt today, Hogan's is not.

Hogan's influence is still felt today, because Hogan made wrestling what it is today. Flair didn't.

Casual wrestling fans then and now may react more to Hogan, but actual wrestling stars credit Flair as a major influence. No one would ever want to emulare Hogan's ring work

Casual wrestling fans then and now may react more to Hogan, but actual wrestling stars credit Flair as a major influence. No one would ever want to emulare Hogan's ring work

This made me laugh harder than the first time I watched Caddyshack. Actual wrestling stars!

I love the arguments for Flair, it is basically summed up by one of two things. Either, Hogan is not a technical wrestler or WWE told me Flair was the best and I blindly agree.

Slyfox and Winged Eagle are just tearing everyone in this thread apart with facts that Hogan drew better while in the same company. Someone else even showed Hogan's Japan work where he pulled of an enzguri which should automatically make him a smark favortie. The fact is Hogan was the top face from the late 80's to early 90's and then the top heel in the late 90's all while being the biggest draw the business has seen. Flair, has never been the top anything outside of maybe biggest draw in a small town in bumfuckville.

It has to be Flair all the way. If it wasn't for Flair, there may not have been a Starrcade. In terms of wrestling ability he has Hogan beat by millions and millions of miles. He would go out and wrestle 60 minute matches while Hogan would go out and pose for 4 minutes and then he'd be done. Vince already had WWF mainstream and he is the one that made Hogan. It's just like what he did for The Rock or Stone Cold Steve Austin and the ratings were actually higher during their era than they were for Hogan. Ric Flair was also willing to put other guys over and make them stars where as Hogan refused to make anyone better and was so limited in terms of ability that he couldn't anyway. The only reason Hogan was so big back in the 80s is because of his larger than life size when people appreciated size more than wrestling ability. His creative control ultimately killed him and the only reason Hogan is so big is because Vince made him big and shoved him down our throats every week. There's really no comparison, the Nature Boy is the best. WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

It has to be Flair all the way. If it wasn't for Flair, there may not have been a Starrcade. In terms of wrestling ability he has Hogan beat by millions and millions of miles.

I can't help but laugh everytime I hear people say "wrestling ability" as if they know what the hell they are talking about. This is pro wrestling, its a show not a fight.

He would go out and wrestle 60 minute matches while Hogan would go out and pose for 4 minutes and then he'd be done.

And yet, Hogan drew way more. Says a lot about Flair's matches doesn't it?

Vince already had WWF mainstream and he is the one that made Hogan. It's just like what he did for The Rock or Stone Cold Steve Austin and the ratings were actually higher during their era than they were for Hogan. Ric Flair was also willing to put other guys over and make them stars where as Hogan refused to make anyone better and was so limited in terms of ability that he couldn't anyway. The only reason Hogan was so big back in the 80s is because of his larger than life size when people appreciated size more than wrestling ability. His creative control ultimately killed him and the only reason Hogan is so big is because Vince made him big and shoved him down our throats every week. There's really no comparison, the Nature Boy is the best. WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Hogan, Rock, Austin all made themselves. Austin and Rock did it with the expansion of their characters and Hogan did it with his hard work and charisma. Again, whats with the Flair had more "wrestling ability" explain what that is because I'm having a boring day at work and need more things to laugh at.

Hogan was not shoved down our throats. It may seem that way on paper due to him main eventing eight of the first nine Wrestlemania's but its not. Watch Wrestlemania VIII against Sid Justice or his Wrestlemania VII title win. He still gets huge pops when he enters and when he wins. Thats why he stayed on top. Even smark favorite HBK said on the Hogan DVD that Hogan stayed on top due to the fans always wanting to see him.

It has to be Flair all the way. If it wasn't for Flair, there may not have been a Starrcade.

If it wasn't for Hogan, there wouldn't have been WrestleMania.

WrestleMania > Starrcade.

In terms of wrestling ability he has Hogan beat by millions and millions of miles. He would go out and wrestle 60 minute matches while Hogan would go out and pose for 4 minutes and then he'd be done. Vince already had WWF mainstream and he is the one that made Hogan.

Have you even read any of the previous posts in this thread? If you have, then you are completely ignorant for saying this.

It's just like what he did for The Rock or Stone Cold Steve Austin and the ratings were actually higher during their era than they were for Hogan.

Hogan drew more money than any wrestler in history. That includes Rock and Austin.

Ric Flair was also willing to put other guys over and make them stars where as Hogan refused to make anyone better and was so limited in terms of ability that he couldn't anyway.

^^

me said:
Warrior, Undertaker, Yokozuna, Luger, Sting, Goldberg, Rock, HHH, Angle and Lesnar all went over Hogan at one point.

The only reason Hogan was so big back in the 80s is because of his larger than life size when people appreciated size more than wrestling ability. His creative control ultimately killed him and the only reason Hogan is so big is because Vince made him big and shoved him down our throats every week.

The reason he was so big is because he was talented. It's that simple.

There's really no comparison, the Nature Boy is the best. WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

The only reason you gave for Flair being better than Hogan is that he had 60 minute matches and supposedly was a better wrestler, :rolleyes:. You're going to have to do a lot better than that.

Are you kidding me? Flair dosnt get pops when he comes out? The whole dam arena woos for his whole match/or segment. Did you see how emotional WM and Raw was. I would say he gets a "pop" once and a while.
You're proof is his retirement nights? Great Job. Do me a favor and look from about November of 2007 and before, and show me those god-like pops.

You fail.

Not towards the end of his career by any chance.
Really? Are you sure? Because I could have swore that Randy Orton was suspended in 2006 for 60 days, came back simply to be made Kurt Angle's bitch at One Night Stand...did a program with Hulk Hogan and about a year later was the WWE Champion.

But, I'm sure that truly great match where Kurt Angle bitch slapped him is what made Orton credible with fans again, right?

That is your view on wrestling everyone has different ones. Brock Lesnar can do a shooting star press. That dosnt fit his character, when he does it everyone stands, and people wanna see it and cheer
That's one move. I'm not talking about one move. I'm talking about wrestling psychology.

The guy was tall and strong. Why the fuck would he be using stupid holds? Why not use moves which took advantage of his incredible size and strength. People who criticize someone's wrestling ability, and don't have the first fucking clue what they're talking about, ought to have their smark card pulled.

Lets see anyone that was ever in the four horsemen and evolution, guys like Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes, and Harley Race. Flair elevated all those people and more,
AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lmao:

You have to be kidding, right?

and pretty much kept WCW a float in the early 1990s.
Well, that certainly was quite a feat considering he was in the WWF in 1991 and 1992, and couldn't wrestle for WCW until several months into 1993.

The only thing keeping WCW afloat in the early 90s was Ted Turner. End of story.

Hogan owes alot of his success to Vince there wouldnt be either if it wasnt for the other one.
Clearly. Because he wasn't over in the AWA, Japan or WCW...:rolleyes:

Flair didnt have a genius pushing him to the media and the main stream audience like Vince did to Hogan.
Good point, if we're willing to overlook that whole WWF stint in the early 90s. :rolleyes:
Are you seriously insinuating that Flair made Harley Race, Terry Funk and Dusty Rhodes? What kind of revisionist crap is that.
Is that not one of the funniest things you have ever read?

It's amazing how people say Flair is a great technical wrestler. Why? because he applies the figure four. That's about as extensive as his technical skills go. Other then that, he's a sloppy brawler.
You mean a thumb to the eyes and a closed fist to the groin isn't technical wrestling? Wow!

I agree. Everyone gives this technical bullcrap, but it's just crap. There was very little technical about Ric Flair's offense.

This Flair is great because he wrestles hour long matches crap is ridiculous.
Amen Shocky. Amen.

Whether its a piss bucket 10 minute match, or a piss bucket 60 minute match, it's still a piss bucket match.

Casual wrestling fans then and now may react more to Hogan, but actual wrestling stars credit Flair as a major influence.
Actual stars? Define that.

No one would ever want to emulare Hogan's ring work
Yeah, no one but Steve Austin, The Rock and John Cena.

It has to be Flair all the way. If it wasn't for Flair, there may not have been a Starrcade.
There isn't a Starrcade.

If there wasn't a Hulk Hogan there WOULD be NO Wrestlemania. Hell, if not for Hulk Hogan, WCW probably would have died in 1995 or 1996.

It's just like what he did for The Rock or Stone Cold Steve Austin and the ratings were actually higher during their era than they were for Hogan.
Maybe because Hulk Hogan didn't work for Vince during cable television? Possibly?

Of course, that didn't stop Hogan, at the age of 45 from kicking Vince's ass for a several years. How often did Ric Flair do that? You know, from 1980 until 2001, Ric Flair had several opportunities. When did he kick Vince's ass?

where as Hogan refused to make anyone better
Yeah, if we ignore King Kong Bundy, Zeus, Big Bossman, Randy Savage, Brutus Beefcake, Mr. Perfect, Ultimate Warrior, Big Show Paul Wight, Diamond Dallas Page, Sting, Lex Luger, Roddy Piper, Paul Orndorff, Bill Goldberg, Billy Kidman, Brock Lesnar, Edge, Kurt Angle, and Randy Orton.

Yeah, if we ignore them, you might have a good point.

The only reason Hogan was so big back in the 80s is because of his larger than life size when people appreciated size more than wrestling ability.
You're right. Fans in the 1980s just weren't NEAR as smart to understand entertainment as they are now.

To the poster who said the ratings were higher in the Austin-Rock era than during the 80s, you must not have any knowledge of the Main Event or SNME. The highest rated WWF/E television broadcast was The Main Event in February of 1988 when Hogan wrestled Andre and lost the title. It got around a 15 rating and was watched by about 33 million people. At the height of the Attitude era Raw drew high 8s I believe and any SNME during that time, if they did them then , would've drawn the same.

I guess Harry Nuts hasn't been following the thread here.

As for the "pops". Go back and watch when Hogan won his first WWF title and when he slammed Andre and even when he wrestled The Rock at WMX8, NOBODY in the history of wrestling got pops like that.

I view it simply from the perspective of whose name carried more weight with wrestling fans as opposed to non-wrestling fans who obviously knew who who Hogan was and maybe tuned in to Wrestlemania to watch Hulkamania running wild. I guess I'm a purist.

Hulk Hogan, as I was very young in the early 90's and loved wwf/e and this guy was the main star for it. Can't wrestle but you don't notice that when your 5 or 6 lol. I remember ric flair fondly from his mid 90 WCW days, as that was probably my favourite promtion/era of all time.

If you go with who made the biggest impact in wrestling, It's really simple, Hulk Hogan did. Not because he was the greatest wrestler in the world but because he had a certain something that made people want to watch him in the ring. HE was the great american hero and everybody could see themselves in him. While Ric Flair will always be reconize has one of the best wrestler of all time he didn'T have the presence that Hogan had in the ring and am sure that if the roles where reverse and Hogan would have wrestle in the NWA will Flair was tin the WWF, mcmahon would be out of buisiness right now.

This is a tough one to call.

Hogan was the true icon of sports entertainment, yet Flair was the icon of rasslin.

Yes Hogan drew so much money, but he didnt go out and wrestle 60 minute matches 8 times a week, did he? He also didnt have the massive career Flair had, even when Flair almost died in a plane crash, Flair came back and was just the same talent he always was.

Hogan let a lot of people down due to his inability to put people over, Goldberg being the biggest example. He would often use his creative control to make anyone who was getting over unable to beat him, or just plane refuse to wrestlle. Look at the Sting match at Starrcade. The biggest match WCW ever had. And Hogan ruined it with his bullshit creative control to make him look stronger than Sting

This is a tough one to call.

Hogan was the true icon of sports entertainment, yet Flair was the icon of rasslin.
False.

Hulk Hogan was the icon of the professional wrestling business, to people all over the world. Ric Flair was the name associated by those who were already wrestling fans to be "great".

Yes Hogan drew so much money, but he didnt go out and wrestle 60 minute matches 8 times a week, did he?
So, success in professional wrestling is directly related to time spent bell to bell?

Funny, I always thought it was about being the one to deliver the most entertainment. The one who could draw fans into the story of the match, make the fans pay their money to watch you wrestle. I always thought that professional wrestling was a "for profit" business.

But no, apparently not. Apparently it's a "let's see how long we can lay around doing fake moves to one another" business.

He also didnt have the massive career Flair had, even when Flair almost died in a plane crash, Flair came back and was just the same talent he always was.
Hogan had a near 25 year career.

Hogan let a lot of people down due to his inability to put people over, Goldberg being the biggest example.
He offered to let Bill Goldberg beat him clean on free TV? How did he let Goldberg down? I mean, Hulk Hogan was the one to call Eric Bischoff and suggest that he put over Goldberg clean. Bill Goldberg went on to be one of WCW's biggest draws.

What are you talking about?

He would often use his creative control to make anyone who was getting over unable to beat him, or just plane refuse to wrestlle.
I love how people just ignore the LARGE list of wrestlers Hogan has put over. Here, let me recap it...

"King Kong Bundy, Zeus, Big Bossman, Randy Savage, Brutus Beefcake, Mr. Perfect, Ultimate Warrior, Big Show Paul Wight, Diamond Dallas Page, Sting, Lex Luger, Roddy Piper, Paul Orndorff, Bill Goldberg, Billy Kidman, Brock Lesnar, Edge, Kurt Angle, and Randy Orton."

I want people to look at that list, and then tell me EVERY SINGLE WRESTLER Ric Flair has put over in his career. Go.
Look at the Sting match at Starrcade. The biggest match WCW ever had. And Hogan ruined it with his bullshit creative control to make him look stronger than Sting
It wasn't his fault Nick Patrick fucked up the end. Does he now somehow control the referee as well?

Depending on what you mean i guess. The only reason why everyone is voting for Flair is because he just retired. I chose Hogan because when growing up he was the one i saw, not Flair. It was Hogan that drew more of the crowds to watch Pro Wrestling. The WWF at the time was the only thing that I remember, after the AWA went away. Flair mostly stayed in WCW while here in Canada we saw Hogan and the WWF, as well as the world. I know that Flair IS the better wrestler. He was the reason why most people watched Saturday Night Main Event, he was the reason why the WWF Pay Per View was so profitable, and he was the one who starred in so many movies (although i think Piper was the best in They Live).

Hogan- he was my favorite wrestler a few years ago he had an amazing career in the wwe, wwf, and wcw he was also in NwO he slammed Andrea the giant. ..........WHAT YOU GONNA DO BROTHER WHEN HULKAMANIA DESTROY YOU

Flair- 36 years career 16 time world champ also was in 4 hourseman and evolution......WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I will have to go with......Flair

Hogan has to be the most important wrestler in history. Flair was great, no doubt, but Hogan could outdraw him times 10000000000000000. He was the reason some of the current wrestlers even got into wrestling. In the late 80's and early 90's everyone was a Hulkamaniac. He even led the greatest stable in wrestling history, the N.W.O. Flair was good, but he was nowhere near the draw or performer that Hogan is or has ever been.

He offered to let Bill Goldberg beat him clean on free TV? How did he let Goldberg down? I mean, Hulk Hogan was the one to call Eric Bischoff and suggest that he put over Goldberg clean. Bill Goldberg went on to be one of WCW's biggest draws.

What are you talking about?

I love how people just ignore the LARGE list of wrestlers Hogan has put over. Here, let me recap it...

"King Kong Bundy, Zeus, Big Bossman, Randy Savage, Brutus Beefcake, Mr. Perfect, Ultimate Warrior, Big Show Paul Wight, Diamond Dallas Page, Sting, Lex Luger, Roddy Piper, Paul Orndorff, Bill Goldberg, Billy Kidman, Brock Lesnar, Edge, Kurt Angle, and Randy Orton."

I want people to look at that list, and then tell me EVERY SINGLE WRESTLER Ric Flair has put over in his career. Go.
It wasn't his fault Nick Patrick fucked up the end. Does he now somehow control the referee as well?

Gotta disagree with several of your points. The term putting someone over and merely letting them win is different. Billy Kidman got kicked around the ring, before Hogan simply laid down so he would lose. He used politcs to get out of jobbing to Orton at Summerslam(injured knees my arse). The sting match was a joke, potentially it could have been great but Hogan politicked in the end using his creative control to make Sting look weak.

Some of those guys, like Beefcake and Paul White, are good friends with Hogan, hence why he lets them go over. And wait, didnt Hulk Hogan leave the wwe when he felt that Lesnar and Angle were treated as bigger stars than him(it was 2003, not 1983)

The Goldberg match was changed from a house show to tv so it looked to the Tuirner bigwigs in attendance that Hogan drew the huge gate reciepts(even though it was sold out before Hogan/Goldberg was booked, politics are such an amazing thing)

Depending on what you mean i guess. The only reason why everyone is voting for Flair is because he just retired. I chose Hogan because when growing up he was the one i saw, not Flair. It was Hogan that drew more of the crowds to watch Pro Wrestling. The WWF at the time was the only thing that I remember, after the AWA went away. Flair mostly stayed in WCW while here in Canada we saw Hogan and the WWF, as well as the world. I know that Flair IS the better wrestler. He was the reason why most people watched Saturday Night Main Event, he was the reason why the WWF Pay Per View was so profitable, and he was the one who starred in so many movies (although i think Piper was the best in They Live).

I greew up with Hoigan and thought he was the bees knees. Till I grew up and saw the crap matches(being a teenager made me relaise there was so much more to wrestling) aand the screwy endings made me hate him. Flair however, I got into when he came to the WWE the second time round. Things leike youtube and dvds opened my eyes to the star Flair was. They will only be one Ric Flair, you can get politicking, washed up superstars tenapenny nowadays(Hi Triple H)

I greew up with Hoigan and thought he was the bees knees. Till I grew up and saw the crap matches(being a teenager made me relaise there was so much more to wrestling) aand the screwy endings made me hate him. Flair however, I got into when he came to the WWE the second time round. Things leike youtube and dvds opened my eyes to the star Flair was. They will only be one Ric Flair, you can get politicking, washed up superstars tenapenny nowadays(Hi Triple H)

It sure sounds like you know a lot about the backstage happenings in WCW 1997-98 and how Hogan's creative control was used. Are you a former employee or what? Just wondering how you know so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back