Pick A Celebrity Who Could Make It Long Term With The WWE

OutsiderDX

Getting Noticed By Management
There have been hundreds of celebrities who come through wrestling’s doors. Which one do you think could have made the greatest contribution?

Not just as a one time appearance, but someone who could go on the road for years. Someone who has shown both passion and talent. And most important, be good enough to get over with the fans as either a heel or face.

Throwing a few out there: Shaq, Jay Leno, Mickey Rourke, Mr. T, Floyd, Mayweather, Mike Tyson, Dennis Rodman, Lawrence Taylor, Pete Rose.

My pick is everyone’s whipping post, David Arquette. I think he could make a great manager and occasional performer.

First off, David Arquette has a true love for wrestling and has never tried to hide that. Since 2000 he has made appearances for both WCW and the WWE. The man even made a wrestling movie, Ready to Rumble (barely missing out on an Academy Award for it). So his dedication and passion is unquestioned.

He is an actor, so he has the skills to be great on the microphone. He has a larger than life personality in Hollywood, which is ideal for the WWE. He also has taken many bumps, which is important wrestling, so the fans get satisfaction for his heels acts. He has matches in WCW and recently for the E, when put through the announcer’s desk by Orton.

David Arquette “gets” wrestling too. He understands the psychology of it. During his infamous title win, he came stumbling down to the ring, fully into his character, beaten up, torn clothes, playing it totally real. I also remember him sitting in the front row holding up a sign about him being “a former world champion” – playing on the fact that he knows he is universally panned for carrying the WCW strap. And the topper was when his appearance on Raw, handing out a Slammy Award last year. He went full-blown heel and was both hilarious and dick-ish.

I can’t think of another celebrity that would be more successful. He would play an awesome heel. He has the mic skills, the personality, the athleticism, and the passion to hold the schedule of the WWE.

I'm gonna say Will Smith

The guy definately has charisma, can talk, entertaining, nice look, could be the face of the WWE, he's in shape. Let him wrestle!

As for Divas, I want Rima Fakih in and I back Trish's comments on her. She could be a great WWE Diva. Rima just needs time to get great, everyone's had time. Tough Enough is just a show, a one off show, Miz didnt win... look at him now.

Honorable mentions:
I admit I wouldve loved to see Floyd Mayweather come into WWE, I remember him talking up loving it and being a fan and considering signing a deal. Even though it didnt happen, and I know he's a boxer (just have him brawl and knock ppl out before wrestling even gets off the ground like Goldberg but different), but I'd be interested in it.

I'd also like to see what 50 Cent would do in the ring with definately a brawl formatted style. He's cut, got the look, he's got mic skills and like Cena would get over with his rap skills. He's entertaining and he could take the current title design even better. We could see a G-Unit Spinner piece with a reverse spinning WWE logo over it, and they NEVER STOP SPINNING (they dont stop) We could see G-Unit drive-bys, bankings, and what not in the parking lot. Let's have it go thugged out for real!

Halle Berry could be a great addition to the Divas division. She's one of the most over women in the world, make her the face of the division and put her back in that catsuit!
She could lace up those boots, get in that ring... and do something to make us feel good. WE WANNA FEEL GOOD!!

Why would any celebrity want to be on the road most of the year taking bumps and having to keep in shape along the way and being paid a lot less than what hollywood can offer? Don't say being a manager as a) that role is almost dead, b) it may cause resentment in the roster to have someone being paid a lot more for doing a lot less.

But if I have to pick one I would say Mila Jovovich from the resident evil series. She does most of her own stunts so physical activity should be no problem. She is hot too which is a pre-requisite to being a diva these days. Never gonna happen since she is probably too expensive for WWE as most celebrities will be.

Shaq. He's 7 feet tall, over 300 pounds, and has the personality for it. He's a trained fighter, and obviously has a solid relationship with the WWE. On top of that, he's a real celebrity. It would be difficult to show his picture to someone, anyone, in the U.S. and that person not know who is in the picture. I think he's most definitely the best choice.

I always kind of thought the Pee Wee Herman character would have made a good GM. Obviously he'd have to evolve his character a little bit. I could even picture him going heel.

I agree with the first post about David Arquette. I really wish they used him more often. I haven't seen him in any movies lately, so I'm willing to bet he could squeeze in a Raw every now and then. That's not to say he'd need to go on tour with them. Lots of people just show up for Raw.

As Alastor said, it would be silly for a well-paid celebrity to lower themselves to WWE. But if we're just speaking actual ability, I'm sure just about any action star could do it. Will Smith, Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson... Hey, that's a good one! I bet Dwayne Johnson would make a good wrestler. :)

Don't forget, Mark Henry was a household name before he even considered becoming a wrestler.

Ken Jeoung (sp?) - the Asian gangster from Hangover and Chang on Community. The guy did a guest starring spot with Jeremy Piven on Raw once.

The guy is smart and funny. At one point he was some type of practicing doctor. He would make a funny and sinister heel manager. His comedy is very physical and his facial expressions can go anywhere across the board. On Community he plays such a waste of humanity that it makes Vince look like a decent well-adjusted fellow in comparison. His comedy is fearless, he will take chances with his body, expressions and words (he is not afraid to offend).

As far as athletes go, Shaq is always the first guy to come to mind but I question his back problems and ability act (Kazaam!).

If Jackie Chan can pull off stunts from his old movies on the wrestling ring he would be awesome! (Jomo step aside!)

Thought of Shaq too as he really looked like he belonged in the ring when he had the stare down with the Big Show.

Shaq comes to mind... second.
You just made it too easy - the first thing that comes to mind is The Rock.
He's a celebrity, a big movie start, and we all know he would easily made it Long Term with the WWE, had movies not held higher rewards.

Well, since we're all picking celebs who would never make a long-term commitment to a wrestling company, I'll choose one, too.

I think Ben Stiller would be amazing as an on-air performer. Do you remember when he was caught in Jeff Jarrett's figure-four leglock on RAW? Man, the guy acted as if he was in total agony and I remember thinking at the time what a great addition he would make as an occasional contributor.

I also remembered his performance as a bad guy in "Dodgeball" in which he essentially played a part similar to a heel wrestler....and this only added to my impression of how much I'd love to see him in WWE.

I'd also love to see his wife, Christine Taylor, as a diva. Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!

Wow, this is borderline ******ed; but so am I. I'll play....

Best Option for GM; Bruce Willis, even without being a big guy, he is a bad ass

Best Option for Manager/Valet;
-Rampage; he would have to be a hype man/trainer for a new guy or re introduction for a revamped older guy. Would have worked when Big Show was repackaged as a boxer.
-Jwow, from Jersey Shore, I know she already did it for a sec in TNA, but she is a large woman and looks good, could work with a tag team or singles wrestler. Could work with Zack Ryder....maybe.
-Bam Margera; irritating as hell, could work good with a monster heel.

Best Option for Superstar...blah, let me try this out.
-Terrell Owens; no teams gave him a look when he did his tryout, he has charisma and he is a physically gifted individual , we would just have to see how he holds up.
-Michael Jai White - Google it, he is a monster, and he can move without looking like a robot, oh yeah; and he's a fucking actor so I think he'll be okay on the mic.

I'm going with the TO theory. I think he could do it, but bear in mind he's 38 years old.

My other suggestion was Jason Taylor, but for the same reasons, maybe not so much.

So my final suggestion: Alan Ritchson, IE Thad Castle from Blue Mountain State. His character graduates this season, and they might have to take him off TV for continuity sake. However, I think Thad Castle would be an amazing WWE character. Watch an episode of Blue Mountain State to see why.

I think Terrell Owens has all the tools to become a serious big-time member of the WWE roster:

-He's in great shape

-He is very close to bankruptcy

- Has a big name

-One of the most outspoken personalities in all of sports history

- Extremely cocky

Every single one of those traits would encourage him to join WWE and become an extremely over heel, especially in some of his former cities such as Dallas, Philadelphia, and Buffalo. I'd love to see him work a feud with Orton or A-Ry, maybe even someone with a football background like Cena

I would love to see UFC fighter Chael Sonnen. His promos alone would be worth it. Too make it one step further, how about a trio of MMA fighters coming in saying the can beat the whole WWE roster. Sonnet can bring back up in Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Josh Barnett.

i cant believe no one has said Jason Statham!! That dude is a legit badass tough all the way around!! He would most definitely make a believer out of me he doesnt take shit from anyone and could be a manager and an occassional perfomer! Sorry about my spelling these damn headaches make it hard to spell.. Thats my fav celebrity who i think could go long term

IMO Hugh Jackman would Be A Great Pick. Manager and Part Time Wrestler. He has a Genuine love for The Business and has a Great Look. And May Help the Australian Fanbase Maybe?
Special Mentions: mickey Rourke And That Dad from Everybody Hates Chris.

I think maybe Kimbo Slice i dnt know about his mic skills but hes kinda in shape and has a mean look.

for divas maybe Leila Ali or even though shes small tila tequila haha

I would like to see Henry Rollins have a small part on Raw oneday (just a one off). His mic work would be off the scale, he is a great talker, very witty and savvy. Plus it's Henry fucking Rollins... Black Flag!!!! One of my favourite bands. I think he would work best bouncing off of sombody else who has good mic work..CM Punk, Chris Jericho. Would love to see him Knock sombody out too..obviously would not want him to wrestle and doubt he would.

Clay Matthews is Clay fucking Matthews, he's got shit to do. I went with TO cause he might not have much going on with his recent tryout being a bust.

I believe that Kimbo will one day, hell he calls himself the Black Goldberg.

Thad, from Blue Mountain State would be pretty awesome.

Chris Hemsworth, fuckin Thor, big guy.

Would be pretty cool to see Michael Clark Duncan as GM

Ray Park, amazing stunt man, good personality, played Darth Maul, Toad in X Men 1.

To the guy that said boo this man for putting up a fun thread that has multiple pages, your a dick, go suck yourself.

gee the threads are getting lame here. Faceboob discussion boards close down so people post mindless dribble here. Celebrities are brought in for hit and run missions to increase ppv buys, simple. Nobody is going to watch Raw each week to watch a 5ft C grade actor act as a manager. I always thought WWE dropped the ball bigtime when they were bringing the Jackass crew in at Summerslam a few years ago. Johhny Knoxville would make a handy part time celebrity. No celebrity has any right acvtually wrestling but used properly they can be a great mouthpiece

Definetely 50 Cent would be great to watch. Is very entertaining, check out his official youtube channel. And his got personality and charisma, and mic skills for sure.

He could bring his whole G-Unit crew to the mix and challenge some superstar or something like Mayweather did.

It would be awesome to hear 50 Cent walking down the ramp of Wrestlemania XXVIII at the Sun Life Stadium to the sound of "You Don't Know".
I'm dying already!

GO GO GO GO SHAWTIE :lmao::lol:

I got two words for you.

Bruce Campbell.

If you still need persuading, which, unless you're just plain too young to have seen his movies, or watch Burn Notice on USA, you shouldn't; watch this. If this doesn't prove it to you, you're hopeless.

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson would be AMAZING in the WWE. The guy is built like a rock, mega athletic and has TONS of personality. If I was Vince I'd throw the world at this guy and make him the mouth piece of the WWE. Dude would be GOLD!!

Actually I'd like to add one and since for some stupid reason you can only edit previous posts at select times, (wtf?), I'll post it here:

Jeffrey Donovan. I love Burn Notice and the Michael Weston character, the way he plays it etc is enough in itself for me to wanna see him in the WWE. Cant believe I didnt think of that earlier. There is a guy who can act believeably and just would fit right in. Using a spy gimmick like that would be super cool

He can bring (Fiona) Gabrielle Anwar with him as a valet and she can get in the ring in her bouts and scrap too. They both do well with their roles in Burn Notice, I'd like to see them do that on Raw. And WWE should have them host sometime as a cross promotion, they're the best two shows on the USA Network.

Jason Mayhem miller. He could learn the in ring stuff in about 10 months and put on matches with AIR BOOM + SIN CARA + John Morrison etc. He could even hang with CM Punk as a tag team partner or manager.

Id love to see Morgan Freeman on commentary...imagine that guy calling a match...It would be pure bliss. "You can either get busy pinning...or get busy tapping."

Also Bruce Campbell would be far too awesome...Fuck i cant even imagine how awesome that would be! GROOVY!

Samuel MOTHERFUCKING L FUCKING Jackson would make a epic GM! Stick the guy into a feud with Austin..."What?" "Say What Again! I Dare You" "What?" *GUNSHOT!*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back