Oy Vey, WrestleZone Tournament

Coco

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Bret Hart is not a major fixture in Canadian culture. Take it from me, a Canadian. In no way does comparing Big Daddy's influence in England to that of Bret in Canada do him any favours.

To be honest, I'm seeing this argument in Big Daddy's favour and I can't believe it. I don't believe any non-wrestling fans under 25 would know who he is ahead of the Bulldog.

Oh yeah because Coco represents every wrestling fan from Canada. I guess that's why Bret Hart gets massive ovations whenever he goes to Canada. Guess that's why Shawn is boo'd evreytime he goes to Canada - because Canadian wrestling fans don't give a shit about him. :rolleyes:
Wrestling fans care, thus he's a pop-culture fixture on the level of Hogan or a revolutionary force on par with Rikidozan? Are you thick? Yes, he's popular for a wrestler. But the average Canadian doesn't know who he is. Wrestling fans aren't representative of an entire population. Trust me: You're wrong. Bret in Canada is like any other run-of-the-mill home town hero in wrestling. Nothing more, nothing less.

Wrestling fans care, thus he's a pop-culture fixture on the level of Hogan or a revolutionary force on par with Rikidozan? Are you thick? Yes, he's popular for a wrestler. But the average Canadian doesn't know who he is. Wrestling fans aren't representative of an entire population. Trust me: You're wrong. Bret in Canada is like any other run-of-the-mill home town hero in wrestling. Nothing more, nothing less.

Was the same true in the mid to late 90's? I would guess he was more popular when he was actually doing something.

I voted for AJ over him just because that tied it up. If I remember correctly that eliminates both wrestlers and I have never felt more powerful. If not, I guess I am just as feeble as ever.

Was the same true in the mid to late 90's? I would guess he was more popular when he was actually doing something.
The people I was exposed to didn't really care too much about wrestling until the boom. And then, it was all about Austin, Rock, Undertaker, Mankind, Triple H/DX, Kane, and in rare cases the nWo, Sting, and Goldberg. Bret was still a non-issue. Not sure where the idea that he's a national icon came from. Sure, hardcore Canadian wrestling fans tend to be passionate homers. But that's literally all there is to it.

Frankly, I've always had Bret pegged as an over-achieving midcarder who only got ahead because there wasn't really anybody else worth pushing. The screwjob turned him into a bigger deal than he ever really was as an active WWE headliner. Long-term, he's a footnote.

The people I was exposed to didn't really care too much about wrestling until the boom. And then, it was all about Austin, Rock, Undertaker, Mankind, Triple H/DX, Kane, and in rare cases the nWo, Sting, and Goldberg. Bret was still a non-issue. Not sure where the idea that he's a national icon came from. Sure, hardcore Canadian wrestling fans tend to be passionate homers. But that's literally all there is to it.

Frankly, I've always had Bret pegged as an over-achieving midcarder who only got ahead because there wasn't really anybody else worth pushing. The screwjob turned him into a bigger deal than he ever really was as an active WWE headliner. Long-term, he's a footnote.

So you would have him pegged on the same wavelength as a Chris Benoit?

Bret was phased out by the rises of Diesel, HBK and Austin as well as Undertaker's return to the title scene. As ho-hum as we may find some of those acts to be, Bret kept rising back to the top for a while there. So he gets some credit for that. Benoit never rose back to the top, even when it was clear that he had been cast aside for a wet-fart (Babyface Randy Orton: Take 1). Point: Bret.

But yeah, they're both pretty meaningless.

I'm just looking forward to when X makes a post about how Sting isn't a legend because he has been shit in the ring for years. Then I will throw his travesty of a Big Daddy vote back in his face faster than ham can repeat what someone else said.

I haven't met too many people where I live who doesn't know who Bret Hart is but then again I'm from Calgary AKA Hart Country.

He certainly isn't a fixture in Canadian culture. He's definitely well known but its not like he's Terry Fox or something.

Apparently this H.A.M. guy wants me to stop bringing up his transgressions.

I did. But it's a true statement.

No you tried to sugar coat what you did and it isn't true.

Oh yeah because Coco represents every wrestling fan from Canada. I guess that's why Bret Hart gets massive ovations whenever he goes to Canada. Guess that's why Shawn is boo'd evreytime he goes to Canada - because Canadian wrestling fans don't give a shit about him. :rolleyes:

Coco already touched on this but even beyond Coco there are plenty of Canadians amongst us. Have any of them supported your "true" statement? Nope. Know why? Because it is a joke. If you think Hogan's popularity is limited to wrestling fans then you have even less idea what you are talking about than I previously thought.

Because according to you, there wasn't much substance. You're judging my knowledge based on something you consider with no substance - ignorant.

My substance was that I knew exactly where you copied it from. That is precisely substance.

Comparing his popularity to Hogan or Hart is fine substance. You just won't accept it.

Big Daddy couldn't hold Hogan's thong.

Where did I say he couldn't be defeated? In the match that turned his career around with Kendo Nagasaki, he didn't even win. Doesn't mean shit considering he was more popular than AJ ever will be.

Now you can tell the future? Interesting. What am I going to have for dinner? I need to figure out how much lunch I should eat. Also, are you seriously saying losing big matches has no relevance in a vote about who would win a match?

I said this earlier. AJ was never top dog in any organization he's been in for a solid amount of time. The dude has been nothing short of a midcarder at best his entire career. While Big Daddy popularized British wrestling and brought it to the main stream. The Buster comic strip and the fact that ITV even tried producing a television show based around the Big Daddy character prove that. AJ won't ever amount to that popularity.

AJ has clearly been above a midcard level in TNA. To suggest otherwise is as stupid as everything else you have said. This is your main problem. You seem to be incapable of processing information and responding to it seeing as how I already responded to this nonsense. You just keep repeating the few things you do "know." I don't see how a comic strip and a failed show in a different country from where the match is means jack shit when it comes to what happens in the ring anyway.

I think you said some other stuff but I got bored of reading.

Hamler's been a tool since day one. Surprised it took you so long to notice, shattered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back