• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Orton's Pose

It doesn't bother me that much, to be honest. That, to me, was his "legend killer" pose and he doesn't have that gimmick now. Now he's a viper, that trademark pose he did back then doesn't fit the gimmick Orton has now, unfortunately.

I've noticed the new turnbuckle pose as well. My thinking was a little different though. I seems to me that the WWE is trying to transition Orton into the PG version of a modern Stone Cold. The turnbuckle pose, neck writhing and "snake" references are very similar to Austin's mannerisms. Since the WWE is now geared towards younger kids who they aren't as familiar with Stone Cold or his trademark mannerisms so they have the opportunity to "put the lightning back in the bottle" so to speak. It would only seem like a repackaged idea to WWE fans who have grown up through the Attitude Era. This would be the demographic that the WWE could care less about since the imposition of PG programming. I'm not saying that they are using Orton to completely rip off the Stone Cold gimmick but they are trying to evolve his character with an Austin-esque feel to it while maintaining Orton's unique traits.

I noticed this tonight for the first time and the first thing I thought was SCSA pose without the middle fingers. I didn't realize that he has been doing it for weeks and I've always thought heel or face once you get a signature pose you should stick with it especially one as well known as Ortons

Same... most likely all coinsidence or just clever writing, but randy has developed a pg stone cold image. the viper, the rattlesnake. the image. the rko/punt anyone at anytime. loner. the pose, specifically the new 1 which is one of SCSA'S, and also we got a backstage promo, which he basically said DTA( Dont trust anybody) as much as i love orton, heel and face, there is/was/ever will be only ONE Texas Rattlesnake. next you will have orton feuding with mcmahon. i would write orton the way he is suited but drop the austin copycat. if he came out during a match ala austin and rko'd 2 guys then cut a promo it would be awesome, but do it orton style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back