• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Orton and Rock... Road To WrestleMania 27

Trill Co$by

Believes in The Shield!
This past Monday, on Raw the world watched as The Rock FINALLY returned home and made the announcement that he was in fact the Wrestlemania Guest Host. The world heard The Rock go down and mention the man who bashed him 2 years ago and said he would see Cena at Mania... But underneath all of this, there is a forgotten history that in fact does tie in to WrestleMania.

In the year 2004, the world saw The Rock's last in ring match in the WWE at WrestleMania 20 when he and Mick Foley reunited the Rock and Sock connection to lose to the team of Ric Flair and two up and coming stars, Batista and the now 7x World Champion Randy Orton. With time between now and Mania equaling to over 5 weeks, could the inevitable confrontation be abound? Will Randy Orton and The Rock come eye to eye for one more show down 7 years after Randy Orton defeated The Rock at WrestleMania 20? Explain your answer why or why not.

I think that they will come eye to eye probably in a backstage segment at Mania itself have a short promo of some sort, but no chance that they will have a match or confrontation.

orton rock what are you talking about? DId you listen to the rocks amazing promo?? i missed the part where he even mentioned ortons name...if hes going to do a mtach it will be vs cena.

dont know where you got orton rock thats just silly nice try tho

orton rock what are you talking about? DId you listen to the rocks amazing promo?? i missed the part where he even mentioned ortons name...if hes going to do a mtach it will be vs cena.

dont know where you got orton rock thats just silly nice try tho

Do the world a favor... Stay in school, or go back to it, because if you knew how to read, you would see that I mentioned that the Rock said he would see Cena at Mania... but that's not the point of the topic. The point of this topic is to see whether people think if Orton and Rock will have any form of confrontation...

I mean correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Rock hosting the ENTIRE WrestleMania event? And wouldn't Orton be a sure fire person on the Mania card? So why wouldn't some sort of encounter between the two happen? Why wouldn't The Rock have something to do with the man who beat him in his last match in the WWE?

Yes The Rock is hosting Mania, but he will not be on camera all night or getting involve with anyone but Cena. In his promo he mention the MIZ, and quickly moved to John Cena. Why would he say I see Cena at Mania, because that is The Rock's target and when Cena has been cutting his promos all he keep saying that he needs to main event mania, never mentioning the WWE title or the MIZ. All this means that Cena needs to establish a big Mania moment like HBK & The Rock. And who can give Cena that Mania moment, only one guy The Rock. The Rock is going to do for Cena, what Hogan did for the Rock at Mania 18. Tomorrow PPV will reveal Cena match at mania and it will be Cena vs The Rock.

they already had a confortation bak in 2004 and @mania 2004 orton pined foley not the rock. cena is always compared to the rock of this era and orton as the austin so if rock does have one more match its gonna be against cena not orton

they already had a confortation bak in 2004 and @mania 2004 orton pined foley not the rock. cena is always compared to the rock of this era and orton as the austin so if rock does have one more match its gonna be against cena not orton

well they kinda both get compared to austin from what i read lol
but whatever you may be right

but i get what youre saying in the thread and yeah i think they'll have some kinda run in. they'll probably give each other some awesome stares since they're both so good at it. but thats probably as far as it goes

I think the OP is just getting a little excited with the fantasy match up of orton and rock. Its not gonna happen and the rock wont be involved with everybody in order to give them the rub. You're talking like the history between rock/orton was memorable, well not really because wm20 it was about foley and orton. That one time confrontation between orton/rock had was to give orton the rub, that was all.

Ppl also wants to see the confrontation of punk/rock, morrison/rock, ziggler/rock etc. but it aint gonna happen. The wwe will only focus on cena/miz./rock to build up the main event of mania

I am sure that The Rock will interact with a lot of wrestlers on the road to WrestleMania and Orton might well be one of them. However I do not want them to interact much. If they have a promo war Orton will get completely owned by The Rock and will get a negative reaction that will be detrimental to him. Rocky will rip him apart about how he is nothing but a wannabe Stone Cold and how that is something that will never happen. It will sure as hell be entertaining but the only person who stands to lose from that interaction is Orton.

I'd like them to have a simple staredown backstage maybe when Orton is getting ready for a match or something with the announcers playing up the history between them.

We haven't been told he's going to have a match. Far as we know is he'll just be hosting. If the Rock were to have a match against any one they need to make the real big money match. The truth is there is more of a story behind a Rock vs. Cena match than Orton and Rock. There's a possibility WWE higher ups, might prefer that Orton put over Rock rather than have their biggest star in the post-attitude era (Cena) put him over. The problem is Cena vs. Rock is just too big a match up, for them not to go that route. The fans are salivating for that match up.

I really don't think The Rock has any intentions of wrestling a match. He mentioned both Miz and Cena. Cena will win the Chamber match and at best we might get Rock as guest referee. I honestly think they are doing this to have a semi heel turn for Cena. I think the WWE realizes that Cena is losing the actual wrestling fan and a turn can get them possibly back into Cena. But a full turn risks losing the eight year old fan and the parents that buy their shirts.

If Orton were heel i could see something happening. But with both as faces i see at most an acknowledgement of it. Depending on how long Rock stays they could revisit it down the road if one were to turn heel.

The only problem with your idea is whereas cena can hold his own on the mic (maybe not against rocky, but they can work around that) orton is absolutely horrendous on the mic. he would be ripped to shreds. orton is an afterthought to the rock, at best. maybe they'll bump into each other in the back, and thats about it. face of the company vs past face of the company is how it should/is being booked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back