Original WZCW Character Models?

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
So, I've been looking into other feds, and I came across a really cool one that has one of the best-looking roster pages I've ever seen. The reason for that is pretty simple: The guy in charge used a program to make original 3D character models for his roster. Here are some samples.

bxtBYHc.png
cZibdv5.png
LYu9l0I.png
1wZonUT.png
tu0pxOo.png
wM26BDn.png

It got me thinking: Why can't we do this? While at first glance, making 3D person models seems like an impossible task, but I did some digging and found that these are possible using a free program called Daz3D.

http://www.daz3d.com/

The best way to describe this thing would be a CAW creator with insane detail. You get basic models and then dress them up, make face and body adjustments, and eventually you render them and get that up there. I know we have plenty of people who are into graphics and CAW-making and the like, and plenty of people with talent and passion, so why can't we do something like this?

Well, here's the kicker: Parts cost money. Some parts are...pretty damn expensive, to be honest. I have a job, but my income is hardly disposable, and I'm sure it's the same for many of you.

That said, is there anyone else willing to even give this thing a shot? I think that it'd be one hell of a way to push WZCW's presentation to the next level and create a more unique roster. Imagine how cool match graphics would look with these things. Instead of Rey Mysterio vs. Husky Harris, we could actually visualize Grand Mystique vs. Mikey Stormrage with custom body types, faces, and attires. How cool would that be?

Is there any interest in this? Even just some discussion about the possibility of this would be cool. Is this something that I or anyone else could attempt to take a crack at? What do you all think?

Doing some quick research there are various sites with free content available for the program as well Doc.

I'll take a quick look into it tonight after work to see if it's something I'd be even remotely good at working with.

It looks amazing, but I don't think anybody you should spend money on something if it's just going to be for WZCW.

Also, those forearms are YOKED!

I'll definitely look into this later in the week. I'm thinking Wednesday. I say Wednesday because I have to finish my matches tonight after work and then I am busy on Tuesday. However, it may be something I would be willing to pay so that we can have in-depth stuff.

I like it. I have zero talent at CAWs so I don't know what use I'd be other than rep, rep for days.

I'm decent at CAW creation, and I have experience with 3D modeling software; however, I model buildings and not people. I suppose I could give it a try, but I'm not paying for anything I have to buy. I'll give the free download a whirl.

Great idea in theory but the character reps are barely used anyways aside from posters. It's up to the RPer to make it unique.

I might give it a whirl post-KC... if not, then definitely All-Stars 3 to create the ultimate human pony. The character rep I used for Trixie was the best I could find and was no way what I envisioned her to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back