• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Original v. Cover: Run Like Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
Like the Led Zeppelin songs I've posted before, this is an little known classic by a great band. The Wall was an outstanding album that produced nothing but great songs, and defined this band's career. Kittie is an entirely different style of music, and got the OK to do the cover from David Gilmour himself.

The Original:

The Cover:

To be honest, even as a Kittie fan, I did not expect anything good to come of them covering this song. A lot of people try to cover Floyd, and it just doesn't work. And, while I thoroughly enjoy their version, they still didn't come close to the bar the original set. They did a very good cover, and were great at making it their own, but it's still not better.

I personally like the Kittie version better. Its harder, It sounds more threatening and Morgan has a beautiful voice for this cover.

And I know I'd get crap for saying that, but its all in the matter of opinion.

Floyds version is great, no doubt, but I dig the double bass that Mercedes uses and the fact that it has growling

Reactions: NSL
I'm really not a fan of Kittie. At all. To even compare them to Pink Floyd seems a bit insulting to me honestly. I love The Wall, and Run Like Hell is another classic song off of that amazing album. The Kittie cover is pretty bad.

Pink Floyd gets the nod here, without a doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back