Original v. Cover: Comfortably Numb

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
Years ago, Pink Floyd released what many consider to be the greatest album ever, The Wall. One of my favorite songs from the album, as well as ever, is Comfortably Numb. I have to listen, any time I hear even a snippet of the song, and love seeing the video for it.

A few years ago, while at a Staind show, I got to see Staind perform the song live, and felt like I died and gone to heaven. Many people hate on Staidn for their own insane reasons, but I think they did the cover really well.

The Original:

The Cover:

While I love Staind's version of the song, nothing will ever compete with the original, nor will any cover of any song on that album. Pink Floyd may not be the greatest band ever, but this album was just magic. They had something going right in the studio, and it all clicked here. This song epitomizes all of that.

Thank GOD you made the right choice here NSL. I was starting to have serious doubts about your musical taste when I saw you do things like choose Manson over Depeche Mode or Flyleaf over NIN.

As you said, absolutely nothing can compare to the original here. This is one of Pink Floyd's eternal anthems, and one that stirs up so many emotions, from sadness to joy. Such a beautiful and wonderful song, and no one could ever top the original here. Ever.

Here is one song that cannot be duplicated or improved in any way or by anybody. I didn't even realize that Staind did a cover of this song, so today was my first time hearing it. While I think it sounded good- and of course, Aaron Lewis has such a great voice- it's still no Pink Floyd. Comfortably Numb is by far my favorite Floyd song and probably one of the greatest rock songs ever written.

I didn't even know Staind did a cover of this. Not my band to say the least, still surprised that I haven't heard it. Comfortably Numb is one of my favourite songs, and by far my favourite Floyd song ever. The chorus chills my soul like no other song. That solo still gives me shivers. An amazing song.

I am not a huge fan of Staind's version, listening to it now. The grit isn't that great, and the lows are off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back