• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Original v. Cover: Bad Company

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
There's no reason for these to stop, just because there's no sub-forum...

Bad Company originally released this song years ago, on their album, Bad Company, thoroughly confusing just about everyone on what came first. They did a great job on the song, as it's the only one from them I can remember word for word. Fiver Finger Death Punch (or 5FDP for the sake of typing), redid this song on their last tour, and decided to record it, and add it to their new album, War Is The Answer.

The Original:

[YOUTUBE]Sf3uiCfNkaM[/YOUTUBE]​

The Cover:

[YOUTUBE]NVTn6qciodo[/YOUTUBE]​

While I love the original, and can listen to it a thousand times in a row, there's something about the newer one that sticks out for me. Maybe it's the attitude of it, or maybe it's because it was done at the right time, still being relevant today. The original is timeless, but I prefer the remake.

I was willing to give Five Finger Death Punch the benefit of the doubt. I listened to the first few seconds of the song and I thought "Hey this sounds pretty good so far"...then the singer began to sing. And I had to turn it off. I'm sorry NSL, but that singer is just awful. He sounds like he's trying to sound like Nickelback or something. I can't stand that kind of singing.

Easily the original here for me. Bad Company was a great and underrated group.

I'm sorry NSL, but that singer is just awful. He sounds like he's trying to sound like Nickelback or something. I can't stand that kind of singing.

Have you heard any of their other stuff? He's not trying to sound like anything...He's just singing. He has a deep talking voice, and usually does a lot of screams for their tracks. For the cover, he was just singing the song. I liked it.

They did a good job of making it their own but staying true to the original, which is a big reason why. A lot of bands cover a song, and either make it completely different, or make it exactly the same. What's the point of covering a song if you're not going to give it a twist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back