• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Old School Newsletter

It's...Baylariat!

Team Finnley Baylor
Why not!?

Anyway, some great conversation in the Old School Section

Undertaker or Andre?

Our Old School Savant, Tenta has some key observations about the comparison of Andre the Giant and Undertaker and who would leave a more lasting legacy. It's a good read, so check it out.

also.....

The Four Horsemen, in the WWF?

The Lariat (me) makes an interesting observation about the Four Horsemen being in the WWF during Hogan's hey day. At one time, Flair, Anderson, Blanchard, and Windham were all in the WWF during this time. Could it have worked?

and....

Brian Pillman's loose cannon character: Did it pave the way for the modern heels of today?

I discuss whether the Pillman's loose cannon character has some lasting effects on today's heels. Notice how Sheamus is a terror on everyone, just kicking people in the face. And Orton being mentally unstable? Sounds familiar to me.

And lets not forget our Sports Moderator TM reminiscing about the NWO vs. the Corporation, Vince McMahon or Hulk Hogan being responsible for the Golden Era of the WWF/E, and the Lack of Professionalism back in the Old days with Bruiser Brody and Akira Maeda (guy who stiffed Andre the Giant in Japan).

Discuss this, plus our G-Mod Klunderbunker has reviewed every PPV you can imagine and takes requests. And I feature an overrated/underrated thread of the wrestlers from yesteryear. Also, Tenta has his Nifty Fifty, which features old school wrestlers from each state. Check it out, because Old School... is cool.

My presence has been lacking there lately. I haven't posted much non-spam posts lately. Meeeeeeh.

The fact that you have a very good knowledge of the classic JCP days alone makes you one of our more renowned old school posters. You'd be surprised how many people on this board who've only watched the WWE (and maybe WCW).

FTS loves him some 80s WWF.

But the NWA kind of destroyed the WWF for the most part in the 80s in terms of wrestling quality. 'Tis why Ric Flair is arguably the greatest wrestler of all time.

FTS loves him some 80s WWF.

But the NWA kind of destroyed the WWF for the most part in the 80s in terms of wrestling quality. 'Tis why Ric Flair is arguably the greatest wrestler of all time.

For sure. If we want to get into an old school-off, I was watching WCW Saturday Morning when they broke the news that Ron Simmons had beaten Vader for the World Title at a house show. He powerslammed Vader, which, at the time, was amazing.

I watched some AWA, NWA/WCW, but mostly WWF in the 80's I got into WCW in the late 80's/early 90's. I've seen plenty of Ric Flair, including the Clash of the Champions classic vs. Steamboat.

I don't post wrestling as much as I should, and I know old school pretty well, so, we'll see if I can get in there some more.

I remember that Saturday. They had pulled names out of a hat and Rude was PISSED that he didn't get selected. He was eventually supposed to be the one to take the title from Vader after Simmons dropped it but he broke his back in a match with Sting in Japan.

One of the worst things to happen in the 90s for sure. Rude was simply phenomenal.

I always thought he was simply ravishing but that works too.

He would have easily been world champion and feuded with Hogan for awhile given their desperation for main event heels around that time.

Tito Santana could have been a WCW champion. I would have liked that.

Seriously, am I the only fucking Greg Valentine mark on this board? I need to know.

I'm surprised Rude never got fed to Hogan in WWF.

He had that cage match for the title against Warrior at SummerSlam, but how did he never get Hogan? Other than DiBiase, he was the best heel once Andre left.

Rude and Hogan went at it in a house show feud around 89 I think. It didn't go well so it never made it to TV.

I'm surprised Rude never got fed to Hogan in WWF.

He had that cage match for the title against Warrior at SummerSlam, but how did he never get Hogan? Other than DiBiase, he was the best heel once Andre left.

I have no qualms in saying that's Warrior's best match, hands down. Just about the only time the man was tolerable IMO. He had some good matches with Rude and Savage despite being a general waste of space.

Which one?

We should make a "Bullshit About Old School" thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back